BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Thinking about this:

It all depends on what the Hiripaki user defines the thing he's moving to be. Stannis saw the Makuta as a powerful and foreign, oppressive enemy; whatever comes out of the legend has to fit those criteria. At this point it could be anything.

Could it be the Dasaka, or their "Zuto Nui"? That could fit the description of "powerful" & "foreign"-and early indications seem to mean that the Dasaka culture is quite strict on their homeland, though they are a little more lenient on foreign soil, based on Tuck's posts so far.

Just in case anyone's wondering why many of us have these...interesting avatars it's because Hubert got his hands on the Mask of Genderbending. And this is what happened.

Anyway, back on topic, that's an interesting suggestion, Tabby. I'd personally be inclined to think that it's not the Dasaka but rather something that has not yet been revealed; still, we won't know until the staff reveal it.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

My opinion on the whole thing is that Makuta's 'replacement' is, in fact, the vault -- not something that's in it, but the vault itself, a foreign and oppressive force driving the villages against each other.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

- Indecisive Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

My opinion on the whole thing is that Makuta's 'replacement' is, in fact, the vault -- not something that's in it, but the vault itself, a foreign and oppressive force driving the villages against each other.Just my thoughts on the matter. - Indecisive Individual

I think it's fits both this metaphor purpose plus the fact that something's in there. Something big...

Didn't the vault exist before Makuta was banished, though? Takua did get in to steal the Mata/Maru's essence stones after all.

Yes.

Did the Makuta have experiments in there or something?

Good question. It was one I had Reordin ask Takua when he was still in play last arc, because I figured it would come in useful myself; I got pretty much nowhere. So basically aside from the Essence Stones we're clueless.

Also, protip, people: Takua has entered the Vault on at least one occasion before, which means that the answer you're all looking for may not be as foreign as you think.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Just in case anyone's wondering why many of us have these...interesting avatars it's because Hubert got his hands on the Mask of Genderbending. And this is what happened.

So.....you guys all suddenly got on Gaia online...???

....Ok. Yeah, I guess that's a pretty Hubert thing....

In any case, I'm more interested about the link in between what happened with the Hiripaki, The Dasaka and The Vault, not the things themselves. I'm certain each of the things introduced this game/at the end of last game have a link that will slowly tell the story, expand it, and make us more captivated than ever in the best BZPRPG yet.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

NEX seems to be more or less stalled. TDC hasn't been seen for a few weeks, or some duration of time similar, and Grochi doesn't have anything to do with the organization's operation anymore. In other words, it does still exist, but I wouldn't expect it back any time soon.

If you did want an answer, though, I would recommend PMing TDC.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hi there everyone. I realise it's ben a while since the census, but I've done just a little more twiddling with the numbers on on the toa masks that I'd like to share (still using the same data though, so any new characters or changes posted since then aren't counted). I'll try not to wax statistical too much and keep things simple, so here are the results in plain english.

Here I've got tables showing the most common element-mask combinations. As I think we all already suspected, they are not independent, but it's always nice to be backed up by the numbers.

The second one (in blue and red) shows the difference between how many toa of each element bear a particular mask and how many of toa would be expected to have that combination if there were no connection between the two (e.g. a toa of fire is just as likely to use a hau as a toa of water). This is the intersting one, because it shows which combinations are over-represented (blue) and which are under-represented (red). The numbers (and colour intensities) show how much that combination stands out from the norm.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_toa_masks_by_element_grid.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mt-Ihu/Miscellanaeous/bzprpg_census_2_toa_masks_by_element_representation.png

To save those thise of you without too much of an interest in the numbers som efforet, here are some lists of some of the most over- and under-represented combinations.

(significantly) Fewer than expected:

Kakama De -2.024

Matatu Fe -1.526

Huna Vo -1.506

Kakama Ba -1.462

Kadin Ta -1.442

Kualsi Vo -1.406

Pakari Bo -1.365

Calix Le -1.285

Kakama Cry -1.237

Miru Vo -1.205

Huna Fe -1.205

Huna Bo -1.205

Pakari Ga -1.161

Kakama Onu -1.124

Kualsi Fe -1.124

Calix Ga -1.092

Matatu Fa -1.068

I think I can see reasons why some of these powers wouldn't go particularly well together, but others baffle me. A matatu and magnetism would be a little redundant, since both overlap heavily in the "moving things around" area, but what would be wrong with an invisible lightning toa or a sound guy moving at the speed of sound? (Yes, I know that kakama speeds are not defined in this game, but with a few calculations from canon... never mind. That's an issue for another day.)

(significantly) More than expected:

Hau Ta 5.169

Huna De 3.916

Sana Ga 3.181

Huna Ba 2.217

Matatu Su 2.084

Miru Le 2.036

Sana Bo 2.036

Kualsi De 1.988

Ruru Onu 1.839

Kakama Le 1.751

Kakama Fe 1.751

Kadin Fe 1.715

Zatth Bo 1.679

Akaku Fa 1.663

Tryna Fa 1.663

Sanok De 1.639

Volitak Cry 1.602

Rau Vo 1.598

Arthron Vo 1.598

Matatu Le 1.474

Pakari Ta 1.406

Kualsi Ba 1.269

Kakama Vo 1.189

Custom Ga 1.181

Matatu Cry 1.161

Calix Ko 1.100

Calix Fa 1.100

Matatu Vo 1.092

Pakari Po 1.044

Pakari Fa 1.044

Miru Fe 1.036

Miru Bo 1.036

The top ones here do make a lot of sense. Tahu Mata was an iconic character, so in a game on Mata Nui, you could expect lots of hau-wearing toa of fire. Water has a strong association with healing, and a huna would allow a toa of sonics to get near the untimate in stealth, being both invisible and inaudible. A lot of power-pairs here compliment each other, so they would go naturally together. I'm not sure of the link between gravity and invisibility, but clearly some people do, and that's fine.

So there you have it. More food for thought, if anyone's interested. I thought I might as well take advantage of the slow day.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Lazy days... disconcerting.

Agreed. Where is everyone? :(

@Lorax: I'd think many would avoid using the stereotypical mask-element pairings, since this is a game that allows room for creativity... that's why the results are surprising. Those sonics-Huna characters are already giving many a headache in the game. :P That's as close to unfair play that is possible while still tehcnically following the rules.

Lazy days... disconcerting.

Agreed. Where is everyone? :(

@Lorax: I'd think many would avoid using the stereotypical mask-element pairings, since this is a game that allows room for creativity... that's why the results are surprising. Those sonics-Huna characters are already giving many a headache in the game. :P That's as close to unfair play that is possible while still tehcnically following the rules.

I totally agree, especially since we're currently tracking one. It would be impossible if not for the strange fact that he wants to be tracked.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

@Toatapio

In an ideal world, I'd like to agree with you, but the numbers don't back that up.

The Toa Mata's mask-element combinations are almost all over represented. Hau-Fire tops the list, but Miru-Air isn't far behind. a lot of the kaukaus are worn by Ga-Toa, and Kakama-Stone and Akaku-Ice are slightly over-represented too, though they don't make the list if big ones. The only Mata combination that came out as less than expected was Pakari-Earth.

@ Toatapio and Falcon Lord

Not quite - they can be tracked if you're clever enough. Don't forget that Weta took the time to pack some equipment in his sick before they left Le-Koro, and he hasn't pulled anything out yet. ;)

@ Hubert

You have. :love:

ppg2.png

@Toatapio

In an ideal world, I'd like to agree with you, but the numbers don't back that up.

The Toa Mata's mask-element combinations are almost all over represented. Hau-Fire tops the list, but Miru-Air isn't far behind. a lot of the kaukaus are worn by Ga-Toa, and Kakama-Stone and Akaku-Ice are slightly over-represented too, though they don't make the list if big ones. The only Mata combination that came out as less than expected was Pakari-Earth.

@ Toatapio and Falcon Lord

Not quite - they can be tracked if you're clever enough. Don't forget that Weta took the time to pack some equipment in his sick before they left Le-Koro, and he hasn't pulled anything out yet. ;)

@ Hubert

You have. :love:

Ah-hah, I can't wait to see what Weta's got stowed in there :) .

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

Now that I think about it, there are some beings who could detect a Sonics-Huna Toa in a natural way.

- Toa of Magnetism

- Skakdi with thermal vision

- Toa of Water could cause a heavy rain and see the outline of the hidden figure

- Maybe the Akaku? The Akaku Nuva would, but not sure about the ordinary one

Can't wait to see what Weta has in store. Probably some ultra-fancy-awesome-super-duper-homing-atomic bomb-missle-weapon that can detect anything. :evilbiggrin:

Edited by Toatapio Nuva