BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yup...

Learned about the lack of Kaukau users when I tried to advertise the salvaging of that pirate loot here in N&D.

Looks like it's staying submerged now.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I think I've only interacted with one Kaukau user during my entire time here.

And I may or may not have contributed to him getting locked up in the Onu-Koro prison. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well my Ga-Matoran has a kaukau. not that gives you any reason to have her locked up in Onu-Koro prison. :P

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

The BS01 entry states that the user loses the ability to breath air while using it; not that it matters, but I digress. Kaukau is still a lame mask.

That's ambiguous--the BS01 isn't god, it's a wiki edited by people just like us.  I'm pretty sure it meant "you can breath underwater but not in mud or buried in sand."  Otherwise there would be some mention in-story about Gali having to deactivate the mask, which I don't recall ever being an issue.

The relative lameness of the Kaukau varies, I believe.  It really depends on where you live and what you do regularly.

• Upvote 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Unless I am missing something in my copy of the LDD but the only Toa mask I see is the Hou, that's it.  None of the other Masks are in it anymore. Neither are the Bionicle heads. They are all HF ones. Was a bit disappointing when I finally downloaded it and could not make any sets due to not having the masks or even the heads.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Unless I am missing something in my copy of the LDD but the only Toa mask I see is the Hou, that's it.  None of the other Masks are in it anymore. Neither are the Bionicle heads. They are all HF ones. Was a bit disappointing when I finally downloaded it and could not make any sets due to not having the masks or even the heads.

The Hau is the only Kanohi in there, but there's still a few Glatorian-era helmets, as well as the Glatorian head piece. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I would say Evo's Brain Attack helmet would best resenble a Kaukau... if it's in there, that is.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well, Kavala's Kaukau gave him a huge advantage while fighting a Ga-Koro Marine underwater once. Plus, if you live in a watery environment like he used to, it is a very practical tool.

Anyway, I've been inactive the last couple of weeks due to some unexpected issues, one of which was a stressful exam period. I'm back now though, please send me a PM if I haven't interacted somewhere I should've.

Also, can someone summarize the latest events of the Mangai Expedition? I checked the wiki page, but that hasn't been updated at all since I last saw it.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Care to specify what in particular it is that you're confused about? 

• Upvote 1

That's ambiguous--the BS01 isn't god, it's a wiki edited by people just like us.  I'm pretty sure it meant "you can breath underwater but not in mud or buried in sand."  Otherwise there would be some mention in-story about Gali having to deactivate the mask, which I don't recall ever being an issue.

The relative lameness of the Kaukau varies, I believe.  It really depends on where you live and what you do regularly.

Mel's right on both accounts, people. The wording on that page is quite vague so it could be misleading. Staff ruling for RPG purposes: when your Kaukau is active you are able to breathe both air and water.

And yes, the Kaukau's usefulness (like a lot of things, really) is situational and depends on the character. And besides, a well-developed less-powerful character is far more interesting—both to play and to read—than a poorly-developed more-powerful one.

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 8

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Join Kyoshi

We need moar mooks labrats people

Join us n-*shot*

In all seriousness, I guess the easiest way to decide the clan is to look at the master post and see which clan's traits matches her personality. Does she like her position and tradition? Umbraline. Is she a discontent? Dastana (probably). Though you could flip the idea on its head and place her in the opposite clan.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

If you so wish to avoid the caste system on Kentoku there are at least two options.  Create a Taajar who lye largely outside imperial society (which of course comes with loss of access and power, both unique situations which can fuel character development), or create a Dastana character--you know, the people who are currently seceding against the empire.   The fact is that in Kentoku, you can't be both influential and free.  Society comes with rules, some of them oppressive.  I'm pretty sure I would be opposed to the caste system if it existed in real life, and some of my characters certainly are in game (heck Talli's even uncomfortable with the administration on Mata Nui).

The thing is...that hasn't stopped me from playing them as interesting or finding things to do (rather my own laziness has =P).  You can't just do whatever you feel like, even in a sandbox RPG such as this one.  Actions have consequences, even on Mata Nui (surprise) but that's what makes them interesting.  What would be the point of running around doing whatever you felt like without any changes or consequences?  It would quickly get boring after a while.  Being powerless, being outside, being damaged mentally and/or physically, having to say less than you want too, not being able to say what you want--those are interesting; struggle is interesting.  There's no story when everything is handed to you on a silver platter.  And that's the point of this RPG.  It's a story.

• Upvote 2

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

... No, Raiyo fits perfectly into the the caste system. As a Dashi, a laborer. SOMEBODY has to clean. Because of the clans and noble houses and whatnot, I can't just throw her in, she has to be part of some noble household. And I need to contact the player in charge of that to see if they can fit the character in.

The times, they are a-changing...

... No, Raiyo fits perfectly into the the caste system. As a Dashi, a laborer. SOMEBODY has to clean. Because of the clans and noble houses and whatnot, I can't just throw her in, she has to be part of some noble household. And I need to contact the player in charge of that to see if they can fit the character in.

Well...the Hogo are known for being bodyguards, so maybe their Dashi would work as domestic servants?

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Something I just want to say, in general, re: "Kentoku is too restrictive"

If you genuinely think so, then I think Kentoku was partially created for you. Making a Dasaka character will force you to think outside the box and try a new approach.

So go do it!

My advice to you.

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

In that case...

*unshot*

Join me

Or find another clan that is low on people and has an active leader. That works too. It's really simple to just PM them saying "can I join?"