BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Requiem's been offline for several weeks now, and The Outsider's have really stagnated, so Tiragath and I are taking executive control of the group until such a time as Req returns. To the players whose recruits were waiting to be trialed, those will be recommencing shortly, starting with Enforcer versus Charek. 

In addition, any players interested in joining or hiring The Outsiders please PM myself, Tiragath, Jakura Nuva, or one of the other prominent Outsiders player and we'll attempt to organise something. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Eh, like 0083 was actually worth watching anyways.

But yay, I finally get to do stuff again!  Here's hoping Requiem doesn't hate us too much for it.  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

He's said in the past that we can bunny things along if he's away. We just didn't think he'd be gone quite so long.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What happened to Faora Vs. Transient? I thought that they were up next.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

What happened to Faora Vs. Transient? I thought that they were up next.

Were they? I don't think we'd decided. It was going to be Charek versus Enforcer or Faora versus Transient, depending on who was online at the time. Endless and I were both online when I made the post, so I figured we'd just go with that. 

If I recall correctly, Charek would be our twelfth member, which means that Verulas versus Tracer will be the next trial.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Sweet. I've been dying to be able as the V-Man again.

As for that unfinished conversation with Yeri, I would assume that he just eventually swiped a drink.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Got a pair of conjoined Skakdi there as well, rotting in... the middle of the street since they haven't made it to Sentinel HQ yet.

I completely forgot how long it's been since I've posted as the Terror Twins.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Do you mean dual, or duel? Dual is when two the same thing is wielded at once; duel means a fight using strict rules to uphold some code, or redeem oneself where there has been injustice.  There is a discrete difference.  If they're each foreign tech, I would assume they do count as separate pieces.  An exception seems to be Jin's electric palms.  In the end, though, it comes down to how well you can sell your pitch to the staff.

It depends on the item in question. If the two items are identical, and having two does not increase their usefulness so significantly that we deem it unfair, then they can count as a single Foreign Tech slot.

Jin's palm buzzers count as two pieces of foreign tech, at least when I applied for them a couple years back. does this mean I can reapply for another piece of tech? :3

Jin's palm buzzers count as two pieces of foreign tech, at least when I applied for them a couple years back. does this mean I can reapply for another piece of tech? :3

No, but you can apply for them to be reconsidered as a single piece of tech, and then if successful, reapply for another. :P

There's no easy rule for this. The staff will decide such things on a case-by-case basis.

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Darnit, Nuju.

Anyway, can someone answer me this? I was looking around on the wiki, and I noticed all the Datsue listed have powerless masks. Is that just a Dasaka thing, or what?

Edit: I reviewed the character creation rules, and affirmed it was just a Dasaka thing. So, better question? Whyyyyyy?

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

I'm not really sure what you're asking, Keeper. Dasaka are capable of using Kanohi. Menti have access to full Great Kanohi powers, Datsue to Noble ones. Only Dashi do not have access to mask powers. The first post of the Profiles Topic, under Dasaka, even makes note of what Masks they are allowed to use.

Allowable Dasaka Kanohi:
All masks on the list in SECTION III (except for the Kanohi Matatu) may be used by Dasaka characters.

EDIT: After double checking, I can see I was misremembering. Datsue do indeed not have access to Mask powers. My bad.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Why don't they have access to mask powers? Seems unusual to me. 

You misinterpret my question. This is what I am confused over:

Turaga – One heavily weakened elemental power and one mask from the approved list

Datsue – One Menti Discipline, no powered masks

From the literal beginning, Turaga have had Noble masks. So why do Datsue, who are just Ce-Turaga by another name, have powerless masks? I'm not trying to call a decision out, I just wanted to know why not. Is it because Datsue don't have their Menti powers weakened? Or is someone confiscating their masks or something sinister like that?

More than likely it is a tradeoff, yes. The Datsue do not have a noted decrease in their Discipline, so they lose a mask power to compensate. The big boss can correct me if I'm wrong, of course. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

... That makes Datsue a lot more intimidating. On the other hand, I am anticipating Maeloc's visit to Ga-Koro... Kinda hoping he runs into Mako.

It also means that the Dasaka have no concept of Noble masks, besides the shape. Very interesting.

I actually want to know (little statistic) what the general community thinks about a). the lack of native Psionic beings on Mata Nui and b). the inability of most Dasaka to come to Mata Nui. I know the rules (no matter how much I disagree with them, though I kinda understand why they're there) but I want to know what people think about them.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I'm hoping there is going to be an event that facilitates easy travel between the Archipelago and Mata Nui sometime in the future. I can say the culture has grown on me a little; Mata Nui is still the One True Culture for me as far as Bionicle goes, but I've always loved cultural interactions. Hence Casanuva's... interest, when he found the Dasaka Expedition.

I actually want to know (little statistic) what the general community thinks about a). the lack of native Psionic beings on Mata Nui and b). the inability of most Dasaka to come to Mata Nui. I know the rules (no matter how much I disagree with them, though I kinda understand why they're there) but I want to know what people think about them.

Personally, I think the whole Kentoku/Psionic thing is great. Sort of a 'lost civilization' feel to it, in a sort of weird sci-fi paradoxical way. And conversely portraying Mata Nui as a remote, mysterious island, populated by tribal natives with unheard-of powers? And each landmass almost completely and utterly cut off from the other, further enhancing the tense 'woah... hey folks we're not alone here' attitude?

Absolute genius.

So yeah, I'm completely supportive of the established in-game scenario(s), thank you very much. B-)

youth in revolt

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

psionics has always been very iffy to use without people going on powertrips, so I'm glad that it was introduced within it's own setting where almost everyone is a psionics user.

and the distance between kentoku and mata nui allows for the cultural differentiation, giving one time to develop for the story and the other the ability to sort itself out before a whole new faction is introduced into their world.

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I used to have one in every topic, but my characters have a habit of moving around, so right now I've got no one in Le.