BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Well, the thing is in the real world, lie detectors are very fallible, and are not valid. Furthermore, if evidence is being used against the defendant, you have a right to know where it came from. Evidence Disclosure and all that.

Did you actually read past the first paragraph of Krayzikk's post? :P

• Upvote 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Very true. But, in the real world, laws are there to minimize miscarriages of justice. If someone influential, such as a Maru, can just say you are lying, and not have to present evidence as to how they know that, that is the very definition of being corrupt. Granted, the system may work because the people involved are for the most part currently on the up-and-up, but as a system, its not a very good one.

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

I did. A lie detector that works only for one person isn't much of a lie detector, in the technical sense; no records are produced, and it goes through one person. Who, in this case, is a good person not inclined to lie, but again, just because the system works with the current people doesn't mean its a good system.

Again, but this isn't the real world. It's not just, it's not fair.

And surprise! Neither is the real world.

... And I am not the type that sits back and accepts that, obviously. In real life or not. You can do whatever you want, its fiction, but if you unequivocally claim its something its not, that's when I have a problem.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 1

Okay, so what? It's not a good system, yes, but that's simply not how the Koros work. Or any court. When absolute power rests with one individual, their word is law. You don't get to argue about it, you get executed in front of the public. There's no due process. Deal with it.

Honestly, Auron, you're being rather over-dramatic as well. Not a single person has been executed for arguing with an Akiri. By and large, there is due process—it just follows different standards to our modern, real-world ones.

Mata Nuian society, despite the many superficial similarities often caused by artistic license on the part of individual players, is very very different to the Western democracies that most of us live in. Populations are small enough, and morals widespread enough, that a meritocratic system by and large works in upholding justice.

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 7

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

My point got lost a bit, but classifying Leah's mask, and how she would reach such a conclusion, can readily be slotted into the 'state secret' category. Given that the one character that is trying to find this out is a good reason it would be a state secret, I really can't argue much. :P

• Upvote 1

There are a few flaws here...

Very true. But, in the real world, laws are there to minimize miscarriages of justice. If someone influential, such as a Maru, can just say you are lying, and not have to present evidence as to how they know that, that is the very definition of being corrupt. Granted, the system may work because the people involved are for the most part currently on the up-and-up, but as a system, its not a very good one.

Firstly, Leah's justification is that her Mask is completely infallible. And Hahli, as someone aware of this, trusts her. Leah is, in essence, a witness. But one for whom she will always know when a defendant lies. Hers is not the final word, that belongs to Hahli. Leah is not instantly aware of the circumstances, but she does know when a lie is presented. By the same token if evidence suggests one thing, and Leah finds that the rebuttal is a lie, then the verdict is clear. 

Furthermore, that same trial notes that execution is exceedingly rare in Ga-Koro, and was only used because the person in question attempted to assassinate the village leader. After the Turaga, they're a little touchy about that.

Okay, so what? It's not a good system, yes, but that's simply not how the Koros work. Or any court. When absolute power rests with one individual, their word is law. You don't get to argue about it, you get executed in front of the public. There's no due process. Deal with it.

Honestly, Auron, you're being rather over-dramatic as well. Not a single person has been executed for arguing with an Akiri. By and large, there is due process—it just follows different standards to our modern, real-world ones.

Mata Nuian society, despite the many superficial similarities often caused by artistic license on the part of individual players, is very very different to the Western democracies that most of us live in. Populations are small enough, and morals widespread enough, that a meritocratic system by and large works in upholding justice.

Not for the first time, Ghost hits the nail on the head. There is due process. Ta-Koro, for example, has the Investigative Corps. to look into matters that require their attention. All evidence and testimony is gathered, but the final word does rest with the Akiri. The sentence is their decision, but it is not one reached without reason. These people were elected because they were people the villagers trusted and could rely on, after all.

• Upvote 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Actually a rather refreshing debate, honestly. Sorry if I came across as overbearing, its just that this is a topic I have to deal with, me going into law. I didn't think of Leah as a witness, that makes more sense. And, since I do have a character with a vested interest in Ga-Koro law, who will hopefully have a 'change of heart' soon, it helps to know what to expect.

Um.... Just about everyone in Ko is a villain. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Not... everyone...

Speaking of them, the the two are waiting to get in, still.

Speaking of the Kalta, hey Krayz, I'm back, so I am missing something now. :P

I know. They're on my list for the evening because I had an unexpected amount of free time dropped in my lap. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Dravennica's already doing evil stuff outside of Ko-Koro.

Most of you just don't know what it is yet.  :P

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

To those of you involved with or following the Mangaia quest: sorry I haven't moved us forward yet, I'll try and get that done some time this weekend.

Not... everyone...

Speaking of them, the the two are waiting to get in, still.

It seems you missed my post as the guards :P

Sorry for not posting in Ga-Koro, Been having internet issues and could not really get on. Is it ok to suggest that my Amnesiac was allowed on the boat? Not that I really know what is going on regarding this archeology(?) trip, but I guess that is a good thing as I can play my character realistically seeing as how we both have no idea what is going on.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I'm not posting as much IC, as you can probably tell. I'll try to keep up with the BZPRPG, but it's hard since I'm running another RPG (Which you should play right now) and school will be starting again soon. Again, I'll try and keep up with Halyx and Haraki and Adomai, but it's probably going to be hard.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Um.... Just about everyone in Ko is a villain. 

Even Marauder?! :o

Okay, so...

I have a character I want someone else to play. Her name is Nyli - she's a Vo-Matoran in Ga, and already set up as the girlfriend of Toenga, a Su-Matoran I recently started using. Now, normally I'd have no problem playing a character like this myself, but the problem is that I feel as I'm having too much control over my own little "world". It's kind of hard to have a unique experience in the RPG if you're the one controlling all of your interacting characters, right? And, keep in mind that whoever would want to take control of the character would from then on out own that character, including her profile, BZPRPG Wiki and storyline rights, apart from what has already been set up for her. So, if anyone would be interested, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Hi, Keeper of Kraata - nice to meet you. I'm Jakura Nuva. I currently have sixteen BZPRPG characters - only about half of that number are currently active, though.

As for you team, not sure I've met any of them... yet :P. EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

So, folks, I apologize to anyone waiting on me for posts. Real life threw a bit of a curveball this weekend so I had less time today than expected. I'll try and crank out a few more posts tonight, but if I don't get to it tonight, I will tomorrow.

Because it's getting late where I live. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

I hope not. Dayeth's still watching the Sanctum meeting, and I don't want her to miss out on that, or Legion. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

For your character being on Aokora's boat... eh, I'll make an exception for you. Maybe your character can bond with the other amnesiac on board. Just make a post on the boat, and say OOC that I gave you permission.

Thank you kindly...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Dravennica's already doing evil stuff outside of Ko-Koro.

Most of you just don't know what it is yet.  :P

This wouldn't be "Project Legion" by any chance? :P

I hope not. Dayeth's still watching the Sanctum meeting, and I don't want her to miss out on that, or Legion. 

Think of it as... Phase One preparations for Project Legion. Evil plans don't just come together overnight, you know.  :evilgrin:

Don't worry; there's still plenty more to do before it's up and running. Phase Two, Three, and Four, for example, still need to be completed before it can officially get off the ground.  :P

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Absolution begins with the recognition of evil. It continues with the willingness to change. As Unity's voice, I speak. What is broken must be mended, what is wounded healed, as if it had never been. What is corrupted must be purified, purged of the slightest roots of the evil that has taken hold, so the soul can be free and whole once more. As Unity's voice I command you, be ABSOLVED."

Just popping in to say... The Warua has been used for the first time.

• Upvote 2

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles