BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Tu-Koro was destroyed 300 years ago. However, there was a small team of Ko-Koronians that were salvaging some of the materials they might find there. They've probably since been disbanded if they've heard about Ko-Koro's fall, or they've yet to hear and it's about the happen.

They were NPC's though so.

It's effectively ruins.

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

So I've been gone for three months. How would I get back into things?

Catch up on current news, maybe, then reintroduce your character(s) in the topics.

How exactly would I catch up on current news (not that anyone has probably done anything, given the pace of this RPG, but still)? Is Mata Nui Weekly still around?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'm up for some form of comparable list of approved tech usable by the populous as a whole. While leaving restrictions as needed due to available resources. For example I have Doseki as an inventor of sorts as he had to create the saddle and harness system for his Nui-Jaga as a condition of me allowing him to have and ride it. So using leather or similar cured Rahi hide would be something to add. Also most of his tools and gear was self-crafted. Though being a Po-Matoran being a crafter is the job of choice I guess.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Do either of the lists go into detail about modifications (for example, altering a Volo Lutu Launcher so that it could be mounted on a character's wrist or another weapon, such as a Patero Launcher) being made to already existing items?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Before Tuck vanished, wasn't Joske getting a wrist-mounted Volo Lutu being made for himself? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

All I remember was that an inventor in Po (the name escapes me at the moment) created a functioning version sometime before Taranis and Tenjin were arrested, and Xhalia (who is currently frozen in time at Ihu-Koro) was created with the Volo Lutu secondary-fire attachments on her Patero Launchers.

Speaking of characters frozen in time, I'm really starting to miss Septima and her awkward relationship with Verulas. :(

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The list does not go into much detail about any modifications that have been made to the base tech. It's mostly supposed to give people an idea what they can use to make new things with

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Farzan invented the wrist volos.  You can only buy in from his store, unless he's been selling them through distribution.

This is another thing that I think I brought up a couple pages back. A lot of the inventions are only available at a single store or shop so we cant really put them on the general list.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Think of this as an actually specific list of what materials people have access to on the island to make things with, rather than just "stuff". It's like describing all the pieces in a Lego set so that people have a better idea of what they're working with, cause "stuff" could just be a bunch of 1x1 studs with which to make a bunch of (kinda fragile) lightsabers, but not much else.

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I've actually been wanting to make Farzan's gadgets more widely available for a while now, I just haven't found the time or proper IC method of doing so yet.

Also, many thanks for all the congratulations. I've been away with the family, so naturally I haven't been able to post anything. Expect the first Akiri Nuparu post sometime tomorrow.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ah, okay.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Hi y'all.

So regarding my recent stretch of uncharacteristic inactivity; I feel obligated to come clean and explain the situation.

I've always been prone to some mental/emotional imbalances. Depression; anxiety. Nothing so severe that it warrants a room in the asylum, but it's been a constant shadow-presence in my life, way back from, like, fifth grade. It's something that usually lies mostly dormant in the background, but every so often, for whatever reason (allergies, blood sugar, stress, or even just my genetics; mental issues run in the family), the cycle shifts (as cycles do) and the world gets ugly fast. Things go from a vaguely melancholic baseline, to full-blown pit of torments. Everything gets tossed on its head, nothing is stable, I can't even trust my own mind and identity. Which really, really sucks.

I've had one major bout with depression already, but that was a long time ago. Then a few good years, and now I'm struggling with a second episode. Which is proving to be more severe and long-lasting than the first.

I know this isn't an uncommon condition that humans deal with, so maybe some of you can relate. I'm just trying to break out of my shell a bit and explain things.

The year 2014 started out fairly decent, got worse fast, and it's been a miserable combination of long black tunnel and nauseating roller coaster since then, right on in to '15. Once in a great while, I have a brief chain of 'good, but not quite healthy' days, now and then I have a brief chain of 'really bad and wretched' days, and everything else is 'default dark gray'. Fortunately I've never had to deal with serious suicidal impulses, so I feel lucky.

One of the more unpleasant aspects of this condition is the way it thoroughly leeches away enthusiasm, motivation, and general psychological strength. So it can make even the smallest things, like getting out of bed, brushing your teeth, and talking to people, really really difficult to cope with. So of course this carries over into the BZPRPG. It's like the worst case of writer's block ever. Even the smallest post is a torturous hurdle. Easy things are never easy; nothing is easy. I've been able to deal with it to some extent, courtesy of those brief chains of 'good' days, but lately I haven't been able to do anything at all. I still have 'good' days, but I'm so drained and beaten, I usually just spend them listening to music or playing random computer games or just enjoying the sensation of hope.

So I'm struggling through this, and I keep telling myself there's always a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I wonder why I keep trying, but I've never seriously wanted to give up... so I know I'll make it out eventually, but it's a rough campaign and I can't predict how long it'll take. It's complicated, and the healing/correction phase can be the most difficult part of all.

So as things stand, I'm still keeping an eye on the RPG subforum, just kinda following the stories. But I don't feel able to actively participate in anything right now, and in particular, the BZPRPG. Hence the unannounced hiatus. And since I don't foresee this hiatus really ending any time soon, I feel obligated to tie up the loose ends.

Hammerlock will remain as is, idling behind-the-scenes in Onu-Koro.

Rhea & Nero, I entrust to the general care and keeping of everyone involved with that little subplot. I trust you guys. And if you really need me, I'm still around and could probably manage the reins for a little while, in a pinch.

That's all for now, I guess. Sorry if I got a little off-topic. But this community does mean quite a lot to me, and I just wanted to explain things. I do still try to be active in the G&T subforum; lighthearted Mafia games and things are a lot easier for me to handle than full-blown RPGs, and so I actually still enjoy them somewhat.

Anyhow, I'm still alive. If not kicking. And it's good character development, right? [/gallowshumor] ;)

tl;dr - I have depression and am going on hiatus until I recover.

• Upvote 10

I'm sorry you've been feeling off lately, Shadowhawk. Please, don't fret about this game if it just adds to your load... real life, and real life needs, should always take precedence. Also, don't worry about us: none of us hold any of what you're going through - or its consequences on your activity - against you, and I'm sure your fellows will find ways to work around your absence.

If there's anything I can do, just let me know. Best wishes for your recovery, hope to see you around soon.

• Upvote 14

test2.png

<snip>

I know firsthand what kind of battle you're going through—it's not easy and it will definitely take what reserves of energy you yet have. It takes a bunch of courage to came forthwith and divorce yourself from something you value so much, too, but it's for the best. Like with any disease, it's not your fault for having it and you should take whatever you need to recover from it. 

Just know you're not alone and we all hope for the best for you, and like Nuju said, if there's anything I can do to help you, I'm here. 

• Upvote 4

I'm sorry you've been feeling off lately, Shadowhawk. Please, don't fret about this game if it just adds to your load... real life, and real life needs, should always take precedence. Also, don't worry about us: none of us hold any of what you're going through - or its consequences on your activity - against you, and I'm sure your fellows will find ways to work around your absence.

If there's anything I can do, just let me know. Best wishes for your recovery, hope to see you around soon.

I know posts that are essentially repeating others are frowned upon, but: all the same from me. 

And hopefully this goes unsaid, but: to any player who's dealing with IRL issues, illness, distress, anything - please don't stress over the RPG, and be as open or as private with the community about what's happening as you feel comfortable. 

• Upvote 4

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

So does anyone access the BZPRPG Wiki much? I just make a page for my Po-Matoran. Was trying to make one of them advanced tabbed Info boxes as seen on the Biosector01 Wiki. I think they look cool and it allows for displaying all forms of a character.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Everybody with a character on the Fowadi. We have now moved to Onu-koro. The ship is docked at the nearest bit of sailable water and any inactive characters can be assumed to have stayed behind to guard it.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

'Tis I, DoctorCouch. I'm back again, hopefully for more than a week this time.

Could anybody give me a rundown on recent important events in the RPG? Knowing what's going on might help me get back into it now that my IRL problems are mostly taken care of.

And as an aside, I also wish you the best of luck recovering, Shadowhawk.

So if I was to make a Wiki page for my Ga-Matoran even though she does not have an official name yet, could I possibly call it "Takea of Ga-Koro"? It isn't exactly her name but more of something she was called back in the day...

Onua.png

So...

Where do we meet up for the Onu-Koro heist again? Also, who's currently involved in it?

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

So in other words, stumble upon it accidentally while searching for the bathroom...?

And no weapons inside.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Tempted to have my De-Toa Ussalry guy accidentally stumble upon this meeting of yours.... but I understand that metagaming is frowned upon in this forum, so I might refrain from doing that...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Tempted to have my De-Toa Ussalry guy accidentally stumble upon this meeting of yours.... but I understand that metagaming is banned in this forum, so I will refrain from doing that...

Fixed.

Metagaming is against the rules, not just 'frowned upon'.

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I don't think that Reson would stand much of a chance attempting to arrest four (soon to be six) people amidst an entire bar full of possibly unsavoury characters anyway. And even if he tried, it would just set him up to be auto-bashed.

So yeah, it was a joke.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

But remember, Reson has Curmudgeon with him. Never underestimate an Ussal....