BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Someone mentioned to me recently that the Lesterin use Karzahni and Artakha instead of Makuta and Mata Nui in their mythology. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Interesting...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Regarding BZPRPG 'cosmology': Mata Nui and Makuta are gods. Karzahni is referred to as a curse, and Artakha Bulls exist and are named so. Does the general mythology regarding the last two exist? Karzahni is a place of broken souls and the being that rules over them, while Artakha is a place of artisans, including the greatest of them all?

Karzahni and Artakha are known and imagined by the denizens of Mata Nui as legendary figures (like King Arthur or Johnny Appleseed). Their respective realms are perceived similarly in the zeitgeist (like Atlantis or El Dorado). Such figures/places may have existed in some form or another, for all the Mata Nuians know, but common knowledge dictates that odds aren't good these beings were all they've been cracked up to be... if ever they did exist.

For IC purposes, I'd say that the mythology on Karzahni and Artakha is generally pretty varied and inclusive, for ease of consistency's sake. For most Mata Nuians, "Karzahni" has just become a meaningless swear word (like the f-word, for me: I use it as a blanket linguistic intensifier in daily life with little regard for its actual original meaning, so shoot me). "Artakha" seems to be less frequently used and doesn't have as many colloquial applications. When's the last time you saw somebody swear on the name of the creator guy?

Interestingly, the mythology about Karzahni and Artakha extends to the Kentoku Archipelago as well. They're known there under the same names. But over there, "Karzahni" and its derivatives aren't understood or used as swears.

• Upvote 7

test2.png

Regarding BZPRPG 'cosmology': Mata Nui and Makuta are gods. Karzahni is referred to as a curse, and Artakha Bulls exist and are named so. Does the general mythology regarding the last two exist? Karzahni is a place of broken souls and the being that rules over them, while Artakha is a place of artisans, including the greatest of them all?

Karzahni and Artakha are known and imagined by the denizens of Mata Nui as legendary figures (like King Arthur or Johnny Appleseed). Their respective realms are perceived similarly in the zeitgeist (like Atlantis or El Dorado). Such figures/places may have existed in some form or another, for all the Mata Nuians know, but common knowledge dictates that odds aren't good these beings were all they've been cracked up to be... if ever they did exist.

For IC purposes, I'd say that the mythology on Karzahni and Artakha is generally pretty varied and inclusive, for ease of consistency's sake. For most Mata Nuians, "Karzahni" has just become a meaningless swear word (like the f-word, for me: I use it as a blanket linguistic intensifier in daily life with little regard for its actual original meaning, so shoot me). "Artakha" seems to be less frequently used and doesn't have as many colloquial applications. When's the last time you saw somebody swear on the name of the creator guy?

Interestingly, the mythology about Karzahni and Artakha extends to the Kentoku Archipelago as well. They're known there under the same names. But over there, "Karzahni" and its derivatives aren't understood or used as swears.

Wait what

Nobody ever told me this until now

Waaaaat

• Upvote 1

I was not expecting that, to be honest, thanks! Actually, I might be putting Artakha into the Kalta's speech patterns now; if Karzahni and Artakha (at least the concepts) are somewhat universal in cultural memory, it actually makes a certain bit more sense than Mata Nui, for all his universality, it actually more limited to Mata Nui.

The times, they are a-changing...

There's the excuse I need to write RaknarXLohkar shipfic.

Shore Leave

After years of fighting and petty grudges, these two handsome scoundrels take a night on the town together - and discover they may not be able to understand the way the other speaks, but they both know how the other feels...because love has no accent.

-Tyler

Edit: See below.

-Wind-

so this is what happens when i'm not around to keep you in check

i'm tempted to just stay back and see where it goes

what do you think gang

helo frens

Some people went off to steal dragon eggs, but they seem to have vanished....

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Someone mentioned to me recently that the Lesterin use Karzahni and Artakha instead of Makuta and Mata Nui in their mythology. 

Lesterin mythology focuses more on the Artakha/Karzahni dichotomy, yeah, although they're not direct analogues of Mata Nui and Makuta in the way that Zuto Nui and Zataka are to the Dasaka.

The Lesterin see them in much the same way that the Mata Nui Matoran did in canon: they are the rulers of their respective afterlife realms, very much like the Christian concepts of heaven and (incidentally, I still don't see the point of filtering that :P). They believe that beings who live virtuously will be sent to Artakha, a place of light and happiness, while those who live evilly will be sent to Karzahni, a place of pain and suffering. They also believe in a third, Limbo-like realm, but details (and even its name) vary wildly between different accounts...

• Upvote 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Dangit. RIP Vaza and Sora. 

Yeah, this is all your fault. 

If we survive this, we might just decide to deposit one of the eggs in your village, see how you like it. 

*Rolls eyes*

Kalameet is near impossible even with Gough's assistance. Also I believe you have the steps wrongs.

"Roll"

"Talk to Gough"

"Bring Friends"

"Go for the Tail"

Afterall what kind of friend are you if you take your friends to certain doom?

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

*Rolls eyes*

Kalameet is near impossible even with Gough's assistance. Also I believe you have the steps wrongs.

"Roll"

"Talk to Gough"

"Bring Friends"

"Go for the Tail"

Afterall what kind of friend are you if you take your friends to certain doom?

nono, I got this now

Get Gough's help

I-frames are your friend

Try dodging

Go for the tail

Understand his hitboxes

Don't Die.

• Upvote 2

helo frens

I don't get it... Is this a table top D&D reference?

Someone obviously hasn't played Dark Souls.

Though you know something Chael... I don't think the Kalameet strategy would work, since it appears Kanohi Dragons don't have wings... meaning they are likely a bigger threat than Kalameet. 

Also don't forget about knowing his blind spots. I found being right underneath him to be safest.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yeah, I've never played any table top RPGs of any kind and while I did LARP several years back we never rolled unless it was to physically do so to avoid being hit by a spell ball or weapon. Also my Console RPGs are a bit limited in that regard as well. 

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Seems to be a common place I am surprised my character didn't. Maybe some of the guard should check that place out.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I think the only reason mine did not crash there was because she was in the Ga-Wahi topic. Otherwise it is a strong possibility that she would have...

Someone needs to see if there is some form of coral reef or underwater creature causing passing ships to flounder and cast their passengers onto the shore of Ta-Wahi.

Onua.png