BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yeah, the GM power goes to your head for sure... I mean I almost got to the point where I thought white-coloring my text was nifty!

Wait wha- 

ooooooh tyler you crafty son of a ######

RPVNhSF.gif

-Tyler

Edited by Neopolitan
  • Upvote 7

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Back in my day, N&D used to go through twenty pages a day of random RPG talk rather than these gif things.

/2010oldmangrumble

edit: oh my god 2010 was five years ago oh my god i made a 1.6km long airship when i was 12 tyler krayzikk raz nuju corv mango? help me

Edited by Battery
  • Upvote 3

Whatever you want, man.

You can go down the passive route and start your own adventure, hoping others'll tag along for the ride. Might take a while though. Toss around as many OFI as you want here.

If you're feeling a little more aggressive, look for other characters to interact with. Just make sure the situation's appropriate and everyone's cool with it. This is probably the quickest way to get interaction.

Also, not a dumb question  ;)

• Upvote 4

The Outsiders' unofficial mascot has returned!

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop since about halfway through the summer. I'd really appreatiate a summery of what's happened, or at least if someone would point me in the direction of one.

Welcome back. Not too much has happened that you need to be concerned about. The only major plot development, and the developments related to it, can be found here. That post, as well as Tyler's a few below, are the only major things you've missed.

Oh, and depending on when you were last here, you may have missed the staff change announcement. Tyler is now the Head GM.

That about sums it up.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Thanks. What's the state of Ko-Koro atm? Is it still held by baddies?

Completely. A few groups have infiltrated, and even more are looking to do so, but none of them are remotely close to being able to take control of the village back.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Vault Loot is still a thing, but the parameters have changes a bit. If you want Antidermis, you'll have to go to Tyler now. The Piraka have not done too much of significance since then, though some of them are waiting to speak to Echelon.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Vault Loot is still a thing, but the parameters have changes a bit. If you want Antidermis, you'll have to go to Tyler now. The Piraka have not done too much of significance since then, though some of them are waiting to speak to Echelon.

step 1: get piraka

step 2: get excited

step 3: wait for echelon

step 4: wait for echelon

step 5: wait for echelon

step 6: ???*

step 6: profit???

*wait for echelon

• Upvote 10

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Vault Loot is still a thing, but the parameters have changes a bit. If you want Antidermis, you'll have to go to Tyler now. The Piraka have not done too much of significance since then, though some of them are waiting to speak to Echelon.

Is it still in The Vault, though?

Because if not, things might get just a little bit awkward for a certain group of individuals currently down in Mangaia...

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Cool.

Just wanted to make sure.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

So I was on the wiki, and I came up with a name, which I wanted to see how it looked in print. And when I started typing, something popped up which I honestly was not expecting.

WHAT IS THIS

WHY DID GHOST WRITE AN ENTRY FOR MERFOLK

This...

Is a custom species that was created back in 2012. They never really caught on, so no one bothered to get them reapproved for this arc. They're one of the stranger species.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

Because swim is a skill that is usually ignored, you can't swim well in heavy armor without lots of ranks, drowning sucks, weapons do less damage and have less range, all the REALLY nasty creatures the GM wants to throw at you but never gets to live there (when else are they gonna get to attack the players with a sea serpent, or a Scylla, or a Charybdis, or an Undead sea serpent, or a kraken...), you know, stuff like that.

Oh. You meant in THIS game. My guess is lack of accessibility.

Also on another note, Ga-Koro expedition is for most intents and purposes done. At least, everyone is back on shore.

The times, they are a-changing...

Well, the Merfolk could breathe on land just fine. People just never latched on to the concept. They never had anything prominent associated with them, either, so they're all but forgotten. The Akrainids had a few notable characters, the Mystix have some great stories, but the Merfolk just never had anything.

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII

fK5oqYf.jpg

I personally don't like merfolk because of a tabletop RP experience I had. A guy I know made a merfolk Magic user called Arie. Arie was initially nothing more than a nuisance and a liability, both in and out of combat. The guy who made Arie apparently didn't consider the idea of being on a pirate ship(it was a pirate campaign), and so she was slowed to a crawl out of water. She barely got better over the whole thing. Her magic went from 'absolutely useless' to 'not really worth it tbh' because the guy didn't know what he was doing, and the best improvement she got was a skirt that gave her legs. The worst thing was, she refused to die. Whenever there was even the slightest hint of danger, she would thunder off into the sunset, or not even show up to the battle, because the guy refused to see his character die. So we had to put up with this irritating liability for almost the entire campaign, she finally got killed in the last gosh danged boss battle, and the most fun we ever had with her was when we pulled some pranks on her.

Not really related, but that's just my personal reason for disliking merfolk.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

I personally don't like merfolk because of a tabletop RP experience I had. A guy I know made a merfolk Magic user called Arie. Arie was initially nothing more than a nuisance and a liability, both in and out of combat. The guy who made Arie apparently didn't consider the idea of being on a pirate ship(it was a pirate campaign), and so she was slowed to a crawl out of water. She barely got better over the whole thing. Her magic went from 'absolutely useless' to 'not really worth it tbh' because the guy didn't know what he was doing, and the best improvement she got was a skirt that gave her legs. The worst thing was, she refused to die. Whenever there was even the slightest hint of danger, she would thunder off into the sunset, or not even show up to the battle, because the guy refused to see his character die. So we had to put up with this irritating liability for almost the entire campaign, she finally got killed in the last gosh danged boss battle, and the most fun we ever had with her was when we pulled some pranks on her.

Not really related, but that's just my personal reason for disliking merfolk.

tbh this sounds like a hilarious and awesome campaign. kudos to the dude for sticking with a weak character and not just playing another conan.

One amusing bit was when we were messing with Arie, writing demon symbols in blood on then walls of our ship during the night and such. Best part was the guy playing her had no idea it was us messing with him. One part involved breakfast being served, and it was 'meant' to be soup, but it was instead blood.

My character was a half-vampire. She takes one look at this, shrugs, picks up the bowl and starts wolfing it down. When she finished she put her bowl down, chin and neck still coated in blood from the spillage, to the horrified, about-to-throw-up gaze of Arie, and blankly asked 'What?'.

• Upvote 2

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!