BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I don't drink, so that's categorically impossible... I think I was looking at another article then. I must have been, but I don't know what; besides the merfolk and its related pages, the only page I looked at was the Kalta's page, and I KNOW I'm the only curator of that page...

Well we'll just see about that, won't we? :evilgrin:

So I'm making an avid collector/fighter named Masterpiece, and I was wondering where to put him. Anyone group-wise looking for assistance?

There's nothing wrong with going back and editing part of a character's profile to go more into detail about an aspect of their personality, right? It probably isn't but I wanted to make sure because this kinda stuff always makes me nervous even after re-reading the rules.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

There's nothing wrong with going back and editing part of a character's profile to go more into detail about an aspect of their personality, right? It probably isn't but I wanted to make sure because this kinda stuff always makes me nervous even after re-reading the rules.

Silvan's absolutely correct, but I'll go into a little more detail.

You can edit your profiles any time you like, as long as you're not changing a character's key attributes to gain an advantage in-game. For example, I've gone back multiple times to update my characters' personalities, histories, weapons, etc. whenever I feel that in-game events warrant such changes. Or sometimes I just rewrite them for fun, cause why not?

The one big no-no is changing a character at a whim to gain an in-game advantage. For example, let's say I played a Toa with a crippling fear of fire, and a Toa of Fire challenged her to a battle. I couldn't go into her profile and change her weakness to a fear of water; that would be metagaming, which is against the rules. However, there's nothing wrong with in-game character development, where, over time, my Toa could gradually learn to overcome her fear of fire. Then I could go back and change her weakness to something else.

Same with changing masks. If I wanted my Toa to exchange her Miru for a Kadin, I would have to play that out in-game. Simply going back to my profile and rewriting it would be against the rules. 

Hope that helps! :)

• Upvote 3

~Snip snip snip~

I have a Turaga character named Kihohiki which had a Mask of Spirit disguised as a Noble Huna.

On the first interaction I played it as a noble Huna, then realized my mistake and switched it to a noble Huna.

I just realized that I did something similar. I gave my character Gothicus a Pehkui, with Toa Norik in mind, but meant a Kiril. Welp, guess I better fix that too.

Nevermind, it's not on the allowable masks list.

Edited by Artakha's Ghost

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

That depends on what you are petitioning. Tech and custom species, as per usual, can be directed to any staff member. The currently active team consists of myself, Ghosthands, and Tyler. Petitions that would have had to be directed to Nuju alone can be directed to Tyler, the new Head GM.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I have a simple question.

Since Nuju Metru has stepped down, who do we send our petitions to now?

It depends how you want them to reject your petition.

If you want them to just say no, send it to Tyler or Ghosthands.

If you want an in-depth essay on why your petition is ridiculous (complete with footnotes and a bibliography), send it to Alex.

<3 u alex

• Upvote 12

If you want to become a mummy made out of red tape, send a tech request to any of them.

On a totally unrelated note. Does anybody have scissors?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I have a simple question.

Since Nuju Metru has stepped down, who do we send our petitions to now?

It depends how you want them to reject your petition.

If you want them to just say no, send it to Tyler or Ghosthands.

If you want an in-depth essay on why your petition is ridiculous (complete with footnotes and a bibliography), send it to Alex.

<3 u alex

Only when it's ridiculous.

I like to be thorough.

When I accept them, I include an essay on exactly what will happen if you misuse what I've approved

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

You need to find a foil. Somebody who you can bounce off.

ditto. i've learned there's nothing more important than having someone like alex and raz who you can constantly count on to inspire your replies 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Isn't Ko-Koro controlled by "bad guys" right now? My guy's a compulsive liar but he ain't a bad person, darnit.
...haha nevermind he's an awful person, I guess I'm heading to Ko-Koro.

Edited by Artakha's Ghost

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Ko-Koro.

(Or you could just go and join the Outsiders but we aren't really that active at the moment)

Tell me about it.

Obsidian's practically a ghost town as far as interaction is concerned, and Verulas is the only member of the Ga-Koro Team who is currently active, which is actually surprising itself, given the fact that I'm quite literally tapped out of ideas as to how I should start moving some of my characters forward again.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The Kini Nui group seems to have ground to a halt as well... Tis a shame. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar