BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yeah, it'd certainly injure whatever you point it at. I personally got an image of an air rifle or something when it comes to air pressure, and to be a valid ranged weapon in an actual fight it'd probably have to be pretty high.

If you loaded metal shrapnel instead of gravel or something, now you've got a Flechette gun. Which can be worse.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

If you wanted to kill a person than metal spikes would do a much better job than gravel. Much less likely to shatter on impact.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Fun fact: I actually built two functioning representations of them for my Xhalia MoC, using the (unofficial) design Perp did for the wiki as reference and the 2015 stud launchers as the primary firing mechanisms.

Granted, they barely resembled the original image upon completion, and actually ended up looking more like she's dual-wielding a pair of modified blunderbusses, but if you can apparently cram an entire bundle of arrows through the barrel to begin with, then they probably aren't too far off anyway.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, all. I'm skimming a couple of the BZPRPG topics, and they don't look crazy active (like, thirty-posts-a-day active), so I was wondering how difficult y'all think it would be to get involved in the RPG now. Is there a lot going on that I should know about, or would I be jumping in during a lull in action?

This is probably the slowest the game's ever been. Not a lot has happened since Echelon's takeover of Ko-Koro, so you're not gonna have to worry about catching up (unless you're completely out of it). Finding interaction will probably be more difficult than usual, but I'm sure you'll get something eventually. I might even consider rolling with you

Hi, all. I'm skimming a couple of the BZPRPG topics, and they don't look crazy active (like, thirty-posts-a-day active), so I was wondering how difficult y'all think it would be to get involved in the RPG now. Is there a lot going on that I should know about, or would I be jumping in during a lull in action?

Wait you aren't dead?

And after such a lovely eulogy.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

i may consider letting you into my game

but first i mustache you a question

k-ky when

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I was thinking of joining in as well so I was wondering if any of you veterans had some tips to give to a newbie like myself.

The best advice I can give you is to go read all the rules and guidelines in the Starter Topic and Profiles topic. They'll provide you with most of the pointers you need. Otherwise, 

• Be mindful when looking for interaction; even though it's encouraged, it's not always appropriate to barge into other people's business
  • If you can't find interaction, embark on your own adventure and hope someone tags along for the ride. It's also not a bad idea to advertise that stuff in this topic
  • Play realistically
  • Generally speaking, our characters are very similar to superpowered humans (anatomy, etc.)
  • It's not all about winning. A protagonist who succeeds at everything makes for a boring story. Character development is essential
  • Quality over quantity. This goes for posts, characters, etc.
  • Don't dabble in staff/plot-related events unless you're willing to risk the consequences. A smart roleplayer with good experience under their belt has less to fear, but they're not exempt from getting their characters butchered or crippled
  • Ask for help if you need it

That's all I got for now. We look forward to having you around if you end up joining :)

Edited by Young Wade
  • Upvote 6

Shout-out to Wade for doing my job for me.

He's right about the game's speed, too, which in this instance is entirely my fault. Some personal matters have kept me away from the game (and honestly the site as a whole) for a little bit which has really gummed up the works. I'm starting to feel a little better, though, so I'm going to be working hard to get back up to speed. Sorry for my absence folks.

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Wait you aren't dead?

And after such a lovely eulogy.

Maybe I'm just a glitch in the matrix that caused a digital consciousness to develop and take this online handle as its home. You'll never know...

(Also hiiii)

k-ky when

When I figure out what to do with Ky, she might return. Either her or Nova, anyway.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking of joining in as well so I was wondering if any of you veterans had some tips to give to a newbie like myself.

The best advice I can give you is to go read all the rules and guidelines in the Starter Topic and Profiles topic. They'll provide you with most of the pointers you need. Otherwise, 

• Be mindful when looking for interaction; even though it's encouraged, it's not always appropriate to barge into other people's business
  • If you can't find interaction, embark on your own adventure and hope someone tags along for the ride. It's also not a bad idea to advertise that stuff in this topic
  • Play realistically
  • Generally speaking, our characters are very similar to superpowered humans (anatomy, etc.)
  • It's not all about winning. A protagonist who succeeds at everything makes for a boring story. Character development is essential
  • Don't dabble in staff/plot-related events unless you're willing to risk the consequences. A smart roleplayer with good experience under their belt has less to fear, but they're not exempt from getting their characters butchered or crippled

That's all I got for now. We look forward to having you around if you end up joining :)

I have one to add- read all the staff posts about the rules, setting, and tips and stuff.  I'm relatively new and not very active, and I've still seen my share of stuff like character profiles with powers and backgrounds and stuff blatantly against the rules and laws of the RP setting, like coming from Metru Nui or having stupidly broken powers.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• Play realistically

I have one to add- read all the staff posts about the rules, setting, and tips and stuff.  I'm relatively new and not very active, and I've still seen my share of stuff like character profiles with powers and backgrounds and stuff blatantly against the rules and laws of the RP setting, like coming from Metru Nui or having stupidly broken powers.

seriously you can tell those people read the rules but only glossed over them or looked at specific ones, it's amazing how many profiles there are that are like that. thankfully the people that do that usually change them or just never use the characters and just kinda leave the profile to collect dust.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Honestly, I've been wanting to increase my activity in here for quite some time as well, but I've been having some difficulty doing so due to an equal dosage of interaction stagnation and a lack of motivation, which perpetually leads to me never ending up posting anything.

For the record, these are where my characters currently are:

- Verulas is on a rooftop somewhere in Ga-Koro, seriously contemplating continuing his current mission without his teammates (the Ga-Koro Outsiders Squad), which may or may not involve killing someone. Not exactly the best place for interacting with others unless someone has a character they want to (eventually...?) have recruited into an organisation consisting of cutthroats and mercenaries.

- Septima's in Ga-Koro too, currently interacting with Natharius (the slowness here being entirely on me and my story crafting; sorry Nato), which will hopefully end up creating a Mata Nui Thieves Guild of sorts (Shelek Ka being the group's working title for the moment) and end up culminating in some wacky adventures somewhere down the line. If a Robin Hood-esque thief sounds interesting to someone, I'm cool with more people joining in if Nato is.

- Finishing up with my characters in Ga-Koro, Aine and Shu are pretty much just hanging around the docks with everyone else from the Ga side of the Amulets Quest, which has yet to dole out any rewards/payment, despite its completion. Kind of want to do a time skip here, but until that's settled, they're essentially stuck.

- Taranis and Tenjin are currently still participants in Perp's Onu-Koro Heist, which has been in interaction stasis for quite some time. Probably going to have them bail out pretty soon though; I've been wanting to see them return to their life of crime since October.

- Also currently in Onu-Koro is Dhalgira, who was supposed to go Rahkshi hunting with some other characters, but that's recently gone silent as well. Probably going to pick up again eventually, but there might be some additional wiggle room with the number of party members.

- Dravennica and Celphrithia's group are nearing The Vault over in Kini-Nui, but since the other squad of Outsiders ahead of them either went dark or has simply been waiting for some Zaktan interaction, those two vials of Antidermis I was looking to get my hands on since December, as well as the ultimate formation of Dravennica's Legion, likely won't be materialising anytime soon.

- Zenithex is over in Po-Wahi, discussing how to properly revive the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an with Syvra at the ruins of Blackrock. Not really in a position to start taking in any new "converts" as of yet, but stay tuned.

- Dahrak's in Ta-Koro, nursing his wounds, beating himself up emotionally, and... well, likely about to get into trouble at some point. Possibly for drunk and disorderly conduct.

- And Xhalia's hanging out in Obsidian Outpost over in Ko-Wahi, a.k.a. the base belonging to said group of mercs that Verulas is part of, which, as of late, has been pretty dead.

So yeah, if anything up there interests anyone, feel free to let me know. I'm pretty much open to whatever.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

So yeah, if anything up there interests anyone, feel free to let me know. I'm pretty much open to whatever.

I have a character I was about to drop into the middle of Ko, but now that I look at him he seems fit for said group. I'll send you a PM on it.

Edited by Ghidora131

Works for me.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Who knows, I might start a quest of some kind to pump a little bit more life into the game. Just gotta figure out what kind first. Could be anything like a treasure hunt, clearing out a rahi den/gang hideout, a heist, a bounty hunt, searching for a missing person, etc.

If anyone's interested or has any suggestions, lemme know.

Edited by Young Wade

Who knows, I might start a quest of some kind to pump a little bit more life into the game. Just gotta figure out what kind first. Could be anything like a treasure hunt, clearing out a rahi den/gang hideout, a heist, a bounty hunt, searching for a missing person, etc.

If anyone's interested or has any suggestions, lemme know.

Definitely interested. Sorox, Datrox, and Patches Cryamar are kinda out of luck or ideas aside from "do something cool" so perhaps they can find a way in.

As for suggestions, how about a stealth mission? Invade a location quietly, perhaps assasinate/disorient whoever is inside, and escape with what you came for? Of course, there'll be somebody who messes something up and has to be rescued, several different paths to take, and perhaps the characters are not exactly equipped for sneaking and have to work around it.

tbh i still wanna try raiding ko-koro but then again i'm having second thoughts on doing something that might result in my fave character dying, even tho i'd be down to write a heck of a death post for it

​considering the fact i just finished watching firefly a few days ago and datrox is partially based off of mal reynolds, a heist or bounty hunt sounds pretty good to me

​edit: also if we don't go through with ko-koro and switch gears we're gonna need a reason for why the vanguard just went "lol nevermind"

Edited by McCree

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I could introduce a couple characters if you need a good guy or bad(-ish) guy to add conflict to the quest.

Speaking of quests and events... The first couple posts in this topic mention antidermis and baddies and other islands, but I don't know if anything important happened since then. In what state is the island of Mata Nui now, and are there any big events that my characters should know about if they weren't living under a rock?

I could introduce a couple characters if you need a good guy or bad(-ish) guy to add conflict to the quest.

Speaking of quests and events... The first couple posts in this topic mention antidermis and baddies and other islands, but I don't know if anything important happened since then. In what state is the island of Mata Nui now, and are there any big events that my characters should know about if they weren't living under a rock?

Joske Nimil was murdered by Echelon, and there are conflicting rumors about whether his best bro and lover (Dor) died with him. This is just becoming public across the island.

Sorry for the disappearance over the last few weeks, yo. My mom's been laid up after surgery and I haven't had the energy to chase down the people I need to in order to move the plot or do to stuff myself. Still gonna be a pretty hectic few weeks ahead, but I haven't forgotten you guys.

-Tyler

• Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Sounds good, I'll keep in touch.

As for your question, just a bit's happened since the Legacy's takeover of Ko-Koro. They've still got hostages and the rest of the island hasn't attempted to take it back yet, though there are a handful of characters gearing up for infiltration. Some of the Maru are already on the inside, including Oreius who's currently duking it out with Eisen for the hostages' freedom. Meanwhile, Echelon and Kohra are in the Dark Walk doing who knows what.

Ty already mentioned Joske's fate.

The Dasaka in Ga-Koro are still kicking around, and it looks like it'll stay that way for a bit since they plan on exploring the island a little more (or something like that). Not sure how public the news is yet, but word should travel soon enough if it hasn't already.

​edit: also if we don't go through with ko-koro and switch gears we're gonna need a reason for why the vanguard just went "lol nevermind"

Datrox: I'm bored

Sorox: But we just got started

Datrox: So?

Sorox: K

Cryamar: *mumbles of disappointment that sounds something like a company jingle*

Sue me

Edited by Ghidora131

Datrox: I'm bored

Sorox: But we just got started

Datrox: So?

Sorox: K

Cryamar: *mumbles of disappointment that sounds something like a company jingle*

Sue me

tbh I think sorox and datrox would be reversed here. datrox would be disappointed about not being able to punch a makuta follower in the face and be the guy who tried to save ko-koro.

​'course depending on how things go the maru would probably steal his thunder.

Edited by McCree

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

You're cordially invited to...

A Train Heist

What: Train robbery

Where: The Iron Mahi, Po-Wahi

When: Soon, hopefully

Why: 'Cause it's gonna be big, fun, action-packed, and totally cool

How: It's a secret

Who: Anyone, really. If you're not part of the heist crew, just pop your character on the train at the time of the event. Guardsman, civilian, opportunist crook, doesn't matter. If you want in on the crime, PM me with a character to join the heist crew, then I'll fill you in on the details.

Low key, we really, really need more heist members.

As an afterword, the RPG's been kinda slow lately, so I figured this would be a great way to bolster some activity back into the game. If you're looking for something to do or you have a character kicking around, I strongly recommend checking it out. I'd also like to give a quick shoutout to Silv, Po-Koro's Akiri player, since he'll be helping me run this event.

Stay tuned.

Sounds cool.

Might as well give Silvan the chance to potentially arrest some of my characters again. :P

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Do well enough and I might be inclined to let you escape.

I make no promises about how long your freedom might last and what you might get away with however.

• Upvote 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Do well enough and I might be inclined to let you escape.

I make no promises about how long your freedom might last and what you might get away with however.

Keep the Guard dream alive, Silv.

Also make sure that we don't get bombed by pirates again.

Should I make another character for this, I feel like I need more the fifteenish I have isn't enough.

fifteenish

enough

If this was four years ago, I'd probably make a joke regarding the number of characters I have, but I'm pretty much dead here anyway.

I've been lost to the void for too long.

Anything exciting happened since Christmas?

Edited by 20K and Counting