BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

preeeetty sure you can't do that since the last person i saw controlling the guards there was staff

It's kosher, yo. Technically control of Guards falls to the person playing the Akiri of that particular Koro, but since Ko is a special case, guard usage has been sort of allowed for everyone with a high-ranking enough evil character.

but where is your precious staff now? i don't see them making any moves to reactivate the guards anytime soon. so it seems like i'll have to take matters into my own hands... unless a staff member decides to show up now all of a sudden and reactivate the guards, or tells me i can't post my guard character there. if not, i'll simply post my guard character there and interact with you guys.

You.

I like you.

I hate you too.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OK, Invisible Noob.  I've got my Ko-Koro guard dude ready to go, and I saw that you have a Ga-Koro fisher gal ready to go.  I'll interact with your lot down at the gate in Ko-Koro, and if you'd be so kind as to interact with my blind scientist gal in Ga-Koro, that'd be much appreciated.

preeeetty sure you can't do that since the last person i saw controlling the guards there was staff

It's kosher, yo. Technically control of Guards falls to the person playing the Akiri of that particular Koro, but since Ko is a special case, guard usage has been sort of allowed for everyone with a high-ranking enough evil character.

but where is your precious staff now? i don't see them making any moves to reactivate the guards anytime soon. so it seems like i'll have to take matters into my own hands... unless a staff member decides to show up now all of a sudden and reactivate the guards, or tells me i can't post my guard character there. if not, i'll simply post my guard character there and interact with you guys.

You.

I like you.

I hate you too.

-Tyler

you were like a brother to me

• Upvote 5

...but close to it

but where is your precious staff now?  i don't see them making any moves to reactivate the guards anytime soon.  so it seems like i'll have to take matters into my own hands... unless a staff member decides to show up now all of a sudden and reactivate the guards, or tells me i can't post my guard character there.  if not, i'll simply post my guard character there and interact with you guys.

There's no 'all of a sudden'; we're right here. I never go more than two days without checking in on the forum, whether I have time to post or not. And usually it's a few times a day. 

While we value player initiative, if there's ever anything you're unsure about you should PM us. Whether you realize it or not, we're always here. At least one of us.

• Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

While we value player initiative, if there's ever anything you're unsure about you should PM us. Whether you realize it or not, we're always here. At least one of us.

Oh, there you are, Peele.

the most talented cable car handler in the universe

This is so being added to Verulas' list of various nicknames and titles, despite the fact that he's barely ever operated it at all.

Knowing his luck, the car would likely get about halfway across the Tren Krom Break before the line would snap and dump all of its passengers into the lava below, so it's probably a good thing that we have Kain around to help ferry people over into Ta-Wahi.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

So the tech level of Mata Nui has been kinda weird for me, and In Ga Koro someone just found a sonar off the shelf so I really need to ask ... wher is Mata Nui's level of advancement? They have radio and Istones, but they've also just invented gunpowder and the steam train, I struggle to think of the real world time period to equate things too.

I've seen the sonar wires you're talking about, and they seem far too advanced for what the island offers, to the point of it being foreign tech. They're basically a poor man's Arthron (on top of their regular mask) so I'd ask staff for approval before someone goes walking around with them. I don't mean to call out said person, but I'd strongly recommend switching to an Arthron in a feasibly IC way instead; buying the wires at a local store for such a low price strikes me as a cheap and easy workaround for a major weakness (i.e. blindness), and leaves room for abuse by the rest of the playerbase.

As for the island's tech, we're in a weird spot. It's sort of in the middle of an industrial revolution, though a lot of things are still crude and primitive. If I were to compare it to the real world, I wouldn't put it past the early 1900's for your general tech; we're comparable in some areas but several others lag behind. Any advanced gizmos would either be special cases unique to the BZPRPG's flexibility or considered foreign tech.

Edited by Young Wade
  • Upvote 2

I've seen the sonar wires you're talking about, and they seem far too advanced for what the island offers, to the point of it being foreign tech. They're basically a poor man's Arthron (on top of their regular mask) so I'd ask staff for approval before someone goes walking around with them. I don't mean to call out said person, but I'd strongly recommend switching to an Arthron in a feasibly IC way instead; buying the wires at a local store for such a low price strikes me as a cheap and easy workaround for a major weakness (i.e. blindness), and leaves room for abuse by the rest of the playerbase.

As for the island's tech, we're in a weird spot. It's sort of in the middle of an industrial revolution, though a lot of things are still crude and primitive. If I were to compare it to the real world, I wouldn't put it past the early 1900's for your general tech; we're comparable in some areas but several others still lag behind. Any advanced gizmos would either be special cases unique to the BZPRPG's flexibility or considered foreign tech.

Invisible Noob and I talked about this, Wade.  I'm the one who mentioned the Sonar Wires and tried to buy them, and I feel responsible for seemingly creating a Foreign Tech item out of the blue.  I'm going to PM a staffer about them, and hopefully we can get the situation ironed out.

General tech level is 1700s at best. Most mechanisms run on clockwork and electricity is mostly limited to large scale infrastructure projects like Po-koro's train or Ta-koro's monorail.

I like to call the bizzare mix of clockwork and basic understanding of the electromagnetic spectrum Schizotech.

(Just for clarification, Po-koro's train runs on electricity, not steam.)

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

There's no 'all of a sudden'; we're right here. I never go more than two days without checking in on the forum, whether I have time to post or not. And usually it's a few times a day. 

Yeah, to be fair, it's just me who's shirking his duty.

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

The peeps who were involved in the first stage of the Amulets Questline have also been waiting for stuff for some time now as well.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm perfectly content with waiting around for everybody else to make their moves.

Taranis and Tenjin's opening salvo might be a little... intense, and it's only fair that everyone involved gets the chance to type up a post in beforehand. :evilgrin:

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I'm perfectly content with waiting around for everybody else to make their moves.

Taranis and Tenjin's opening salvo might be a little... intense, and it's only fair that everyone involved gets the chance to type up a post in beforehand. :evilgrin:

Well, it's hard to make a move when everything hinges on what the guards do, and the entire action would have occurred too fast for anyone seated to have reacted fully to.

You do know that a post doesn't necessarily have to open with combat, right...?

Just whipping something up to hint that your characters are at least partially reacting still counts as a valid turn, and, by extension, helps move the scene forward. Example:

Character A: (Sees Character B.) Hi!

Character B: (Walks calmly over to Character A and kicks them in the family jewels.)

Character C: (Sitting on a nearby bench with Character D, enjoying a sandwich and noticing the scene.) Did they just...?*

Character D: (Covertly trying to swipe Character C's pickles for his own sandwich, only to end up distracted.) Uh-oh.*

Character A: (Writhing on the ground in agony.) Agh! My family jewels!

Character B: (Laughs at the pain they caused Character A before trying to steal their wallet.)

Character C: (Setting aside their meal in order to aid Character A.) Hey, you! Stop!

Character D: (Crams the rest of their sandwich, standard amount of pickles and all, into their mouth before dashing over and kicking Character B in the face.)

* Essentially your current position within the interaction.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I'll get a guard post up sometime today.

And before everything gets super chaotic I would like to start a post cycle that will last for the duration of any active combat sections of the heist at the very least. Guard/Event posts by me will signify the end of a cycle and the start of a new one.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OK, this is for Snapdragon, McCree, and Invisible Noob.  Where exactly are we in relation to Po-Koro's gates?  I want to say that we're not too far away, seeing as we went to the shops almost as soon as we entered the Koro, but I could be wrong.

Taking into account the fact that we just started walking to the northwest, can we figure out where we are in a logical fashion?

Erm we were pretty close to them considering we had visited the shops we're at almost immediately upon entering the koro. North west of Po Koro is a bunch of rivers and the ocean as far as I can tell. Dunno if there's any landmarks over thar.

Erm we were pretty close to them considering we had visited the shops we're at almost immediately upon entering the koro. North west of Po Koro is a bunch of rivers and the ocean as far as I can tell. Dunno if there's any landmarks over thar.

OK, cool.  I ask because Darth Kranie just put a character through the gates, and I was thinking that maybe we could interact with him.

And you never know.  There just might be something to the northwest; the point of playing this game is to use our imaginations, after all.

OK, cool.  I ask because Darth Kranie just put a character through the gates, and I was thinking that maybe we could interact with him.

And you never know.  There just might be something to the northwest; the point of playing this game is to use our imaginations, after all.

mmmmmm

not exactly

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)