BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Speaking of, could one of you chaps land a post over there? Not sure what to do at this point.

EDIT: Seeing as PMs and talking in the BZPRPG news/discussion area is so inefficient and time-consuming, is there a Skype or Discord chat you could send me to instead?

Edited by The Ghrinch

Hahahahaha--(groan)

But yeah I'd actually completely forgotten about that group - if Keeper is still around perhaps we can get them moving too in conjunction with the Outsiders.

I ANSWER YOUR... SUMMONS.

Yeah, I'm up for it. Nato still has Mirra and Wisp there, though Kalyss the one knocking around.

The times, they are a-changing...

Nato still has Mirra and Wisp there, though Kalyss the one knocking around.

I think I've mentioned this to a few people already, but I might as well say it here - I've really lost my motivation to engage with the BZPRPG, and already haven't posted anything in any of the topics in quite some time. Corpus has had a recent uplift in activity, I'm still helping co-GM fishers' old HF RPG, and now that Skyrise is finally up and running, I don't think I'll be returning to the BZPRPG in the immediate future. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah, I'm having a bit of writer's block when it comes to Verulas at the moment. My bad.

Just whipped up a fresh one on Discord. Shoot me a PM for a link.

Edit: Sorry to hear it, Nato. You will be missed. :(

On the upside, try to keep your eyes on Ga-Wahi for just a little while longer. For now, let's just say that Septima might soon be wishing that she listened to Natharius a bit more, and simply leave it at that. :evilgrin:

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Ok. I found out that a certain mask is a loophole to the no breaking the 4th wall rule, and that an entire type of Toa are immune to the whole losing your memories thing.

The Kanohi Suletu allows you to read minds, which pretty much means that they are one of the loopholes to this rule.

Ce-Toa, Matoran, and Turaga are all mentally shielded, meaning whatever psychic barrier is around the island wouldn't affect them, meaning they'd have their memories.

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

Ok. I found out that a certain mask is a loophole to the no breaking the 4th wall rule, and that an entire type of Toa are immune to the whole losing your memories thing.

The Kanohi Suletu allows you to read minds, which pretty much means that they are one of the loopholes to this rule.

Ce-Toa, Matoran, and Turaga are all mentally shielded, meaning whatever psychic barrier is around the island wouldn't affect them, meaning they'd have their memories.

I'd recommend actually reading the first page of the Profiles page, or doing so again, because you've forgotten a few things, obviously.

Firstly, the Suletu is not available for use in the Approved Masks list, as said before.

Secondly, the Ce element is in the form of the Dasaka, whom are not from Mata Nui, and do not work quite the same way.

• Upvote 1

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

I'd recommend actually reading the first page of the Profiles page, or doing so again, because you've forgotten a few things, obviously.

Firstly, the Suletu is not available for use in the Approved Masks list, as said before.

Secondly, the Ce element is in the form of the Dasaka, whom are not from Mata Nui, and do not work quite the same way.

And approaching this from a Doylist perspective, even if this loophole did work, the staff would say no and change the setting. There is also the other major problem, being that Metru Nui might not even exist. Whatever is below the island, our characters have no way of remembering it because we have no way of knowing about it to let them remember it.

I remember it was said somewhere that if it hasn't been properly stated to exist in the BZPRPG universe, then it pretty much doesn't. So by that logic, because Metru Nui hasn't been stated to exist, it effectively does not.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Some characters exist who do claim to remember their lives before Mata Nui, but there's no way of knowing whether they're lying, crazy, or telling the truth. Aegis hit it on the head: until something is proven to exist in the BZPRPG universe, it doesn't. So you can have a character who claims to be from Metru Nui, but they're either lying or crazy, because Metru Nui doesn't exist.

I believe the canon explanation for widespread memory loss is that the Makuta wiped memories when he summoned outsiders to the island. Could be wrong there: it's been a while.

• Upvote 2

There was a very short lived Nuju explanation that involved a memory wiping barrier of gas that surrounded Mata Nui. The Dasaka avoided it because they arrived in a submarine.

It got nixed about a day later.

• Upvote 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I just treat Mata Nui as if it's the island from Lost; everyone still retains their original memories, whether people end up believing them or not, but due to the quasi-mystical nature of their surroundings, not one of them could actually pinpoint the exact location or direction of their respective homelands. Septima's the only exception I have so far to this rule, but seeing as to how she actually started off as a native of Mata Nui anyway, there wouldn't really be that much of a point to enforce it.

As far the Suletu is concerned, however, Keeper actually did manage to get one approved for use on Vakua (Echelon even put a bounty out on him at one point just so he could try to get his hands on it), though I believe that was mostly because he was mute and it doubled as his only other means of communication.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Not saying that it will happen again, obviously, just that there's an example of a PC possessing one that's still canon.

No idea. Personally would've thought that he could just use his powers to simply mimic up a new voice for himself, seeing as to how he's a Toa of Sonics, but since the Suletu is one of those Kanohi that are always on at some level, it still kind of makes more sense to do it through the mask from an efficiency perspective. The funny thing is that his body actually is capable of talking; if I recall correctly, he now has some type of split personality deal going on that only Aelied knows about, which ended up physically speaking during the one post it showed up in, but since Vakua's ironically completely unaware of its presence within his own mind, he just simply lacks the knowledge that he can do so.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Attention please

Things are kinda slow around here right around this time. It happens, pretty regularly since our player base is often pretty busy with exams and all of that fun stuff around this time of the year.

With this in mind, and with the blessing of the staff, I've decided to try my hand at running a quest.

That's right, I have a little something cooked up. I may or may not be able to guarantee shiny toys as part of the deal, but I can give you something to cut your teeth on while we wait for things to get a little more exciting around here.

Interested parties should make their way to Onu-Wahi. The whole thing will start Tomorrow at 4 PM (EST). I think that's a decent timeframe for letting people get moving to where they need to go for this.

I'm willing to go so far as to promise that I'll do my best to make sure this won't lead to another dead end. I'm not planning on making it particularly long, but that might change depending on how many get involved.

So, three cheers for fun and excitement, shall we?

I assume I'm too late for the party. *sigh*

Things haven't progressed that much; so far, we've only got three characters chasing the thief in the Northern Tunnels (who are currently being distracted by Kofo-Jaga at the moment), and two still walking around the village, attempting to obtain more intel.

If you still wanted to, I'm assuming you could just have your character stumble across another bounty notice, or better yet, simply bump into Dahrak and Flabbergaster. They might not be the most likeable bunch, but if you can put up with them and their bickering, that should be enough to allow you to catch up.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Ironically, that's the one topic on Mata Nui that I've yet to post in at all.

Maybe I'll finally get around to it someday. Hopefully, it won't take me another two years to do so.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Ironically, that's the one topic on Mata Nui that I've yet to post in at all.

Maybe I'll finally get around to it someday. Hopefully, it won't take me another two years to do so.

Shore up the courage and do it.

Let me tell ya, there's nothing better than the feeling of looking upon the RPG Forum and seeing that you're the last person to have posted in every single thread.

• Upvote 6

It's not that I'm affraid to do so, it's just that I haven't had much of a reason to. Should that change, I'll free someone up.

Haven't touched Kentoku either, but that's an entirely separate can of worms.

• Upvote 3

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

We're still more or less in the same spot, and Gear did just say it was cool for Kranan to join, so I don't see why you couldn't jump in.

Speaking of Onu, whatever happened to that Rahkshi hunt we were supposed to go on? You know, with Ezrak, Dhalgira, and company?

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Honestly at this point I'm more ambivalent then I was earlier. We're already past the halfway point, which we weren't when Kranan voiced his interest. I'll also be busy this coming week and won't have a lot of time to progress very quickly (although I'll make sure to respond in both threads by tomorrow evening). I don't think now is a good time anymore. Maybe next time.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...