BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Not anywhere near long as Tyler's, the guy can speechify, and I'm a day late but I wanted to thank everyone here for having the patience to stick with us. I spent part of yesterday reading some old posts, IC and OOC, stretching back a couple years and it reminded me just how long I've been here and just how much I enjoy being here. We are in the home stretch, and Ty's not exaggerating when he talks about what we've got coming up.

So even though it's belated, I'd like to thank you all for the time you've already put in here and for the interest I hope to see in the next arc.

Happy belated Thanksgiving, everybody.

• Upvote 10

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So, after significant delays, this monster is finally done...and it's pretty much just a bunch of people talking to each other.  I did a fair amount of background research to make sure the conclusions my characters reached made sense in universe--that said I'll make some edits if a missed something and metagamed.   I do hope that it moves my characters to a good position when the next arc starts, whatever it may be.

I'm certainly excited.

Also, I just want to say it's posts like this that keep me coming back here time and time again, and believe me, I've been here longer than virtually all of the staff.   I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Edited by Mel
  • Upvote 5

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Assumingly, something major is going to go down, so any long term plans might be best kept on hold until we see how the landscape changes.

In character of course, there's no reason why characters wouldn't make such plans, considering they don't know that.

• Upvote 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

So, after significant delays, this monster is finally done...and it's pretty much just a bunch of people talking to each other.  I did a fair amount of background research to make sure the conclusions my characters reached made sense in universe--that said I'll make some edits if a missed something and metagamed.   I do hope that it moves my characters to a good position when the next arc starts, whatever it may be.

Eeeenteresting conclusions indeed... and your research was sound, from my point of view.

• Upvote 4

test2.png

Eeeenteresting conclusions indeed... and your research was sound, from my point of view.

That wouldn't be the kind of "eeentresting" that is likely to get me a knife in the back, would it. :closedeyes:

Anyway, good to know everything makes sense.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

But sometimes even the most statuesque of men could have radial ideas, and even a prophet could become an agent of change in his own right. His damnably grey eyes glowed a little brighter, then. "I have a plan. All I need from you is some faith, iron will... and that gun."

And my axe.

I'll get me coat

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't you dare come back to life. 

I will kill you, you bloated, festering mass of squalor and debauchery. 

The annals of history must be purified of this staining blight upon them!

How many more hexes must I cast?! How many more curses to invoke?!

Must I steal the radiant sword of promised victory itself?! The spear that felled the infamous traitor?! Even little white-hilt, which slashed in twain the witch Orddu?!

Why won't you die?! 

• Upvote 5

helo frens

• 2 weeks later...

Who are you and what have you done with Razgriz.

On topic, I've managed to drop out of sleep-deprived stupor to return here and I've completely forgotten what I was doing. Again.

What your characters are doing, or in general?

Edited by Mel

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hey y'all, it's been a while.

For those of you that don't know, I'm here at Tech School, post USAF-Basic Training. Kinda left for a while, and I apologize if I left anybody hanging.

Most likely will get back into this, but it may be some time. Just wanted to check in and say I'm looking forward to the adventure again!

• 2 weeks later...

Covered in the OOC note at the bottom of that post; any rewards intended for the quest are to be taken up with Ghosthands. I had no idea, and to this day don't, know what he intended. I was just handling wrap-up.

On a broader note, my sincerest apologies for my lack of activity this month. There were some things we needed to sort out staff side, and on top of that I had a few things I needed to attend to in real life. I'll be doing my best to get the posts that I need to do done over the next few days so we can get back up to speed.

• Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Finally. I joined that quest back in 2014 and participated for two years before taking a hiatus. Is there loot? I was promised loot.

They found a small cache of loot: masks, tech and a certain amount of Antidermis. I didn't have anything specific in mind, so PM me if you've got an idea of what you'd like your character to have retrieved.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Hey everybody!  I attempted to get in on this years ago but just stopped investing in it.  Well, I've decided to try and have a new story years later.  I've made some changes to my character so I'll be a totally different person, ignore my previous posts. I'm Aras, a stage six Kraata of Illusion.  I was spawned from a distant Makuta hundreds of thousands of years ago, and only recently made it to the island of Mata-Nui after such a long time that forgotten most of where I cam from and where I'm going.  I intend to just have some simple, fun posting throughout the next story arc.  That's why I'm posting here though.

Is the current/previous main story wrapping up? It sounds like some people are waiting for some new main event.  Should I hold off on posting until that happens, or can I just start posting IC RP now?

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Hey everybody! I attempted to get in on this years ago but just stopped investing in it. Well, I've decided to try and have a new story years later. I've made some changes to my character so I'll be a totally different person, ignore my previous posts. I'm Aras, a stage six Kraata of Illusion. I was spawned from a distant Makuta hundreds of thousands of years ago, and only recently made it to the island of Mata-Nui after such a long time that forgotten most of where I cam from and where I'm going. I intend to just have some simple, fun posting throughout the next story arc. That's why I'm posting here though.

Is the current/previous main story wrapping up? It sounds like some people are waiting for some new main event. Should I hold off on posting until that happens, or can I just start posting IC RP now?

Welcome (back).

There's a couple of issues with the character you're describing, first and foremost that Kraata are not a playable species. Please read the first page of the profiles topic to make sure you understand the rules for character creation.

Secondly, there are no 'distant Makuta'; in this universe, there is only one Makuta: the Makuta, and he's the eldritch god of darkness we knew in Bionicle's early years, not the latter-day Teridax of canon. The setting of the BZPRPG is different from canon in many ways, so read the New Player Topic carefully to make sure you're fully aware of them.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in here or PM a staff member. And have fun!

EDIT: in answer to your second paragraph, the staff are working to bring us into the next arc of the main plot, which will also include a new area of the otherwise-mysterious world. But you're welcome to get started as soon as you're ready -- just make sure you bring your character in line with the rules and lore first.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Hey everybody! I attempted to get in on this years ago but just stopped investing in it. Well, I've decided to try and have a new story years later. I've made some changes to my character so I'll be a totally different person, ignore my previous posts. I'm Aras, a stage six Kraata of Illusion. I was spawned from a distant Makuta hundreds of thousands of years ago, and only recently made it to the island of Mata-Nui after such a long time that forgotten most of where I cam from and where I'm going. I intend to just have some simple, fun posting throughout the next story arc. That's why I'm posting here though.

Is the current/previous main story wrapping up? It sounds like some people are waiting for some new main event. Should I hold off on posting until that happens, or can I just start posting IC RP now?

Welcome (back).

There's a couple of issues with the character you're describing, first and foremost that Kraata are not a playable species. Please read the first page of the profiles topic to make sure you understand the rules for character creation.

Secondly, there are no 'distant Makuta'; in this universe, there is only one Makuta: the Makuta, and he's the eldritch god of darkness we knew in Bionicle's early years, not the latter-day Teridax of canon. The setting of the BZPRPG is different from canon in many ways, so read the New Player Topic carefully to make sure you're fully aware of them.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in here or PM a staff member. And have fun!

EDIT: in answer to your second paragraph, the staff are working to bring us into the next arc of the main plot, which will also include a new area of the otherwise-mysterious world. But you're welcome to get started as soon as you're ready -- just make sure you bring your character in line with the rules and lore first.

I previously messaged Nuju metru about it and it was okayed back then.  This time though I'd like to just have simple updates and occasionally interact with other players.  The lore change is fine it doesn't really matter. 

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Darkon here. Just wanted to formally announce that my inactivity is going to be permanent. This forum always has been amazing, and I thank everyone here for the years of great experiences. As a sort of send-off, I'm posting some very old (and very long) planned posts for a Hakann arc I had always intended to do. It's not exactly a high-note, but I figure something is better than nothing. I hope everyone continues the story in a great new direction with this next arc! Here's the story topic for the Hakann stuff, and a "review" topic which, once I get it written up/find it, will have the background information on the posts to explain what's going on.

Thanks for all the memories!

• Upvote 10

pNNgXax.jpg

I wish you all the best, my friend. I know we haven't seen much of each other in recent years, but I will always remember earlier (albeit perhaps less well written) days we were able to work together more regularly. I know we talked a little, eons ago, about your course load and I hope whatever path you've chosen suits you well. You know how to reach me, I'd love to hear from you now and again. But this game has been made better for your involvement. Good luck out there, and we'll always be here if you ever come back.

• Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

I seriously appreciate it, Kray. It's crazy that its been literal years since I've talked to everyone here when for so long it was a daily thing. Good luck to you too! Seriously, good luck to everyone I met through this website. I really did luck out as an eight-year-old kid stumbling onto this place, and I am both genuinely amazed and disturbed by my persistence after that point in becoming an acceptable roleplayer despite my obliviousness. You guys were all part of one of the best parts of my childhood/very early teen years. Crazy to think how long it's been.

Anywho, the Hakann topic is finished and some extras have been thrown into the other one, so I'm pretty sure I'm gone. Thanks again for all the great times, guys! Keep the BZPRPG alive, in case any of us ever feel the need to come running back to jump into a genuinely, beautifully insane world of anything and everything written by anyone and everyone. Peace!

• Upvote 5

pNNgXax.jpg

Hey everyone,

Darkon here. Just wanted to formally announce that my inactivity is going to be permanent. This forum always has been amazing, and I thank everyone here for the years of great experiences. As a sort of send-off, I'm posting some very old (and very long) planned posts for a Hakann arc I had always intended to do. It's not exactly a high-note, but I figure something is better than nothing. I hope everyone continues the story in a great new direction with this next arc! Here's the story topic for the Hakann stuff, and a "review" topic which, once I get it written up/find it, will have the background information on the posts to explain what's going on.

Thanks for all the memories!

nothing can compare to the characters you brought to life and the stories you wove together

<3

• Upvote 5

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Heyo

I haven't been here for so long I dont remember which year I ended up dropping off the radar. A new arc is coming up and that's dope, but honestly I don't really remember what has happened at all with Arc 2... can someone give a brief summary pls

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Heyo

I haven't been here for so long I dont remember which year I ended up dropping off the radar. A new arc is coming up and that's dope, but honestly I don't really remember what has happened at all with Arc 2... can someone give a brief summary pls

Hey, man! Been a while. I'm drawing a blank on the specifics regarding your exact characters, but in a broader sense... The Dasaka's exploration of Ga-Koro has been continuing, and expanded somewhat to a secretive scouting mission in Ko with a handful of characters. Ko has fallen to the Legacy, and is presently embroiled in a battle between Legacy forces and a couple of the Maru as well as a few disparate do-gooders that sneaked into the city. Echelon killed Joske, and has made his way towards Mangaia. An unknown Matoran has gathered/is gathering a few Matoran, and directing them to Kini Nui.

I think that's all the broad stuff, but do you have any specific questions?

Edited by Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My god. This place is still alive.

I do not know if I will necessarily rejoin. But looking back in a heady bit of nostalgia, I'll give kudos to those who have stuck around. For keeping the old sparks somewhat warm. It brings back good memories.

Perhaps I'll give Shajs one last post.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Looks like everyone is emerging from their caves at long last--guess this motivation for me to get off my butt and back to posting.

[BZPRPG Profiles]