BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

OK, so, one of my characters will be venturing into the tunnels beneath the Ko-Wahi glaciers soon (or later, knowing EW), and I have to ask, are there any characters down there now or will there be in the foreseeable future?

Echelon's personal base of operations is located deep in the bowels of one of the glaciers, so he and his assistant Aerus often use the natural tunnels in that area.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Takua's Mata Nui explorer states that it lies between two glaciers. But there's probably several more in the rest of Ko-Wahi.

Helios will be venturing into the base of one of those adjacent ones, to my understanding.

Echelon having his lair right next to the Koro sounds a little, well... dumb

And we all know Echelon isn't dumb.

EDIT: I checked the intro topic, it confirms Takua's version. I'm assuming Echelon's lair is somewhere in the wastes, judging from the posts about wading through the drifts that the Legacy chars posted

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I just went over to the wiki on the old BZPRPG, and...Wow. The legacy of its age and stories just blew me away. Its sheer grandeur...Sorry, just overwhelmed. I'm curious, though, which players have stayed since then? ;o

I have.

But I do believe there is a blog entry for discussion of this. It's certainly irrelevant to the current RPG.

EDIT: Here.

Edited by Iskandar

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Takua's Mata Nui explorer states that it lies between two glaciers. But there's probably several more in the rest of Ko-Wahi.

Helios will be venturing into the base of one of those adjacent ones, to my understanding.

Echelon having his lair right next to the Koro sounds a little, well... dumb

And we all know Echelon isn't dumb.

EDIT: I checked the intro topic, it confirms Takua's version. I'm assuming Echelon's lair is somewhere in the wastes, judging from the posts about wading through the drifts that the Legacy chars posted

Correct, GD. Good deduction ;)

Echelon's lair is indeed located beneath one of the glaciers in the Wastes. It was originally built into the side of the glacier, but during the timeskip the area containing the chunk of ice in which it was built collapsed, and the lair ended up deep within the glacier, mostly intact. Echelon has since made repairs and some changes to it. It can only be accessed via a metal door in one of the ice caves, and the tunnels around it form a natural maze, making it very difficult to locate the lair - and to return from doing so.

And so, you can be confident that Helios will not bump into that particular necromancer :P

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

If it's underground, anther entrance would be, well, down, through the ice. Once in the maze (assuming you hadn't by chance landed in the lair itself) all you'd have to do is mark your path, using your elemental powers to show where you've been and where you haven't. It would take a while, but it would by tediously simple. And beyond this, a miner could simply see Aerus or Echelon himself and follow them.Really, any competent RPer could find a way to navigate to the lair once gaining ample reason to be there.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Simple: he wouldn't. I'm not saying any Toa could. The vast majority, however, could. And you don't even need to have an element, realistically; if you want to go old-fashioned, you could place stones or a string.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Just to be clear, the Fortune is the ship that's hauling the Xa-Koro crew?

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Also, how would a Ba-Toa mark his path

And you don't even need to have an element, realistically; if you want to go old-fashioned, you could place stones or a string.

Or flags, Ko-Koro's favourite marker. Hence why Jaa said "go to Kokkan" because he, the trader, will give Helios anything he can give so Helios can do the mission.

...Karz. I've been away for a week and didn't notice the first mention of that expedition, I'm already signed up for the Xa-Koro thing, I have a feeling Voutok hasn't done enough to really define his personality to the point of "three-dimensionality" (make no mistake, I did clock in multiple days of thought into him for the long run and he's not a cliché or "flat" character; I might just be suffering "First Timer's Paranoia"), and I can't think of a legitimate reason for him wanting to join unless a "Help Wanted" sign was posted all around Ga-Koro when he returned from the Diving Expedition.*sigh* Maybe next time.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location