• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPRPG News and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
7993 replies to this topic

#2401 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,568 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 02:36 PM

Anyone who wants to join the marines is able to do so.  Simply PM me a profile.  Thanks.

Note that PMing Kughii a profile isn't strictly necessary; there is no approval process. :P

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#2402 Online Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 02:58 PM

Anyone who wants to join the marines is able to do so.  Simply PM me a profile.  Thanks.

Note that PMing Kughii a profile isn't strictly necessary; there is no approval process. :P

Yeah, this. You don't even have to PM me one. Just make one, and if you want to PM me asking for an assignment or duty, go for it.

-Tyler

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#2403 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,522 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 03:36 PM

I just like to know who's in the force. :P  That way, I'm on top of things here. (As in I understand when someone suddenly shows up waving a badge, not that I rule anything.)

Edited by Kughii, Jul 25 2013 - 03:36 PM.

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#2404 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Heroic Sacrifice

• 17,983 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 04:49 PM

Join the navy please. It's the often forgotten sub-branch of the Ga-Koro Guard that rams thhheir vessels into slavers.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#2405 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,422 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 05:20 PM

Or we can just not divide anything into sub-branches, like most everybody else does, and stop commenting on it, just say "JUMP ON THE SHIP FOR ADVENTURE AND DESTRUCTION OF PIRATES AND CAKE" or something.

#2406 Offline The Nold

The Nold
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 425 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 05:33 PM

Just wanted everyone to know I'll be having a pretty slow Internet connection until about Monday, so if I'm not responding to something, just be patient, I'll try and take care of it within 24 hours.:a::k::i:
Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77
BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547516
~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Radriar~

#2407 Offline That Ghosthands is a spy

That Ghosthands is a spy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,741 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 06:02 PM

Or you can leave the seas to the REAL sailors ;)

:pirate: 

Savvy?

tyler_sig_pastiche.png

#2408 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,474 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 07:26 PM

Join the navy please. It's the often forgotten sub-branch of the Ga-Koro Guard that rams thhheir vessels into slavers.

I thought the entire Ga-Koro guard was naval based. I'm pretty sure you don't need to be in a subbranch to man ships and fight slavers.

#2409 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,568 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 07:31 PM

The entirety of the Ga-Koro Marines has a naval basis, but you'll note that the majority of them are Marines. They spend most of their time on land. Ga-Koro has a lot of ships, but very few of them actually have an even partial player crew.As in, one.(hai treize and fortune)

#2410 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Heroic Sacrifice

• 17,983 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 07:56 PM

Join the Fortune people.

Because it'd be fun cruising around the island and ramming into things.

#2411 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,422 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 08:05 PM

Join the Fortune.

And then suffer a painful death when a ramming goes awry.

#2412 Online Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,874 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 09:15 AM

I may consider joining the Navy. Since no one will. May consider.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.

#2413 Offline Dapper-San

Dapper-San
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 432 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 03:14 PM

It's time I got back in on this RPG.

Where's the Fortune right now?

Gatekeeper42.png

Look at me, much gamer, so PlayStation, very achieve

#2414 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Heroic Sacrifice

• 17,983 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 06:55 PM

Still moored in Ga-koro.

#2415 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,149 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 07:22 PM

Out of curiosity, where has the BZPRPG been located in the past?

#2416 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 996 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 07:36 PM

Mata-Nui at least three times, Metru-Nui, Locus Abeo, Anseter Derum and at least one other that I forget the name for.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#2417 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 07:43 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]From the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki and personal experience.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2003: Mata Nui and Mua Nui. [/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2004: Metru Nui. [/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2005: Magna Iun. An entire universe. With 13 topics, two continents and an entire planet.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2006: Terros Nui. A far southern island.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2007/2008: This year, one of the first and most sucessful RPGs, the Academy, merged with the Terros Nui universe. Making Metru and Terros playable.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2009: Locus Abeo. The first attempt at rebooting the BZPRPG. Locus was a usual elementally divided island.  Notable for having the first region destroyed by PC actions (Don't get me started on everything else <_<)[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2010: Aensetr Derrum. This was basically a flying city plagued by conflict. Eventually this, and EVERY preceeding BZPRPG was wiped from existance by Tuck.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2011: Or the NBZP. Mata Nui, with sorcery and meteors! Killed by the server change.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2012: Mata Nui, v3. A classic story of Matoran vs Makuta. Doesn't need much description.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]2013: This current year. Mata Nui (And I predict) another island.[/color]

Edited by Mr. House, Jul 27 2013 - 07:44 PM.

709px Rob rhaegar winterfell (200x169)

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Junyaus-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an

#2418 Online Mordor Vehicle

Mordor Vehicle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,944 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 08:07 PM

You all know the Ga-Koro Marines, the guard force that has recently seen much advertisement here. You know the populous Ta-Koro Guard and you know of the aloof Sanctum Guard. You know the remote Sentinels and the air-borne Gukko Force. They've all had their advertisement, and they've yielded their own Maru. But today, I invite you to join the home of the Shovelhand himself, the place where Matoran transcend their own perceived weakness.

The Onu-Koro Ussalry.

We boast several unique benefits, including, but not limited to,

-High PC density. The Ussalry has a significant number of active members, so one will rarely be wanting for interaction. And due to the depth of the Ussalry's RPing pool, one might interact with characters of as different breeds and makes as a biologist berserker with a southern accent to a stoic and dutiful loner committed to the greater good. Want to form complex relationships? Constant development? Want to produce a character who doesn't have to cross Wahis to see interaction?
-Spectacular PCs. Want to play with the Matoran who would have halted Whenua's assassination, were it not for plot necessity? The GARarm? The Shovelhand himself?
-Access to some very nice toys. Want a drill on that lance? Access to tech as it appears? Want to guard the village with the best defenses of them all?

If the answer to any of these questions is a resounding and impassioned "YES!", then you've come to the right place. Join the Ussalry today, the most hot-blooded force on the island!

Edited by Iskandar, Jul 27 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#2419 Online Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 08:29 PM

You all know the Ga-Koro Marines, the guard force that has recently seen much advertisement here. You know the populous Ta-Koro Guard and you know of the aloof Sanctum Guard. You know the remote Sentinels and the air-borne Gukko Force. They've all had their advertisement, and they've yielded their own Maru. But today, I invite you to join the home of the Shovelhand himself, the place where Matoran transcend their own perceived weakness.

The Onu-Koro Ussalry.

We boast several unique benefits, including, but not limited to,

-High PC density. The Ussalry has a significant number of active members, so one will rarely be wanting for interaction. And due to the depth of the Ussalry's RPing pool, one might interact with characters of as different breeds and makes as a biologist berserker with a southern accent to a stoic and dutiful loner committed to the greater good. Want to form complex relationships? Constant development? Want to produce a character who doesn't have to cross Wahis to see interaction?
-Spectacular PCs. Want to play with the Matoran who would have halted Whenua's assassination, were it not for plot necessity? The GARarm? The Shovelhand himself?
-Access to some very nice toys. Want a drill on that lance? Access to tech as it appears? Want to guard the village with the best defenses of them all?

If the answer to any of these questions is a resounding and impassioned "YES!", then you've come to the right place. Join the Ussalry today, the most hot-blooded force on the island!

I freaking love you. Good God.

My heart won't stay still reading this.

Why am I growing more facial hair the more I read this.

-Tyler

#2420 Online Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,874 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 09:17 PM

I sense an advertisement war.So...many...choices...

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.

#2421 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Heroic Sacrifice

• 17,983 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 09:45 PM

Join the Sentinels and learn how to exorcise nonexistent evil spirits from your superiors. And hang around cleaning things up.

#2422 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,474 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2013 - 11:55 PM

Well then if we are debating the pros and cons of different military groups might I present the noble and powerful

Sanctum Guard

The Sanctum Guard is the home army of Ko-Koro, tasked with guarding, policing and defending the city itself. Eighty men strong, it's a staunch and determined army with all the stubborn traits Ko-Matoran hold. It's also the best army at fighting in snow, alps and crevasses.
The Sanctum Guard has also been expanded to rival even the Ta-Koro guard in pure might; its several barracks are deeply carved in the ice walls of the village.

As you can see, Ko-Koro is the only village that rivals Ta-Koro as one of the strongest and most powerful guard forces on the island. This is the place for you if you want to be part of a powerful guard force but don’t want to work in a blisteringly hot volcano and ruin your lungs with ash. 

Enjoy the cold frigid temperatures of Mount Ihu, and enjoy the company of the cold frigid guardsman. Or mess with them and try to break through their icy exterior. Fight off the local Muaka or go patrolling in a raging snowstorm. Sit motionless outside the gates and try to become a snowman! Become part of the extensive guard force and keep your favorite icy citadel strong against all threats!

Also I’m probably going to pull some kind of plot type adventure thing out someday soonish to keep this guard exciting and active. So there’s that, too!

Ko is the new Ta!

Edited by Visaru, Jul 27 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#2423 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,522 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:06 AM

OMG.  The voyage.  People wow.

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#2424 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Heroic Sacrifice

• 17,983 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:57 AM

I haven't been exactly keeping up with the voyage. What's going on there, exactly?

#2425 Offline Yukiko

Yukiko
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,823 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 09:10 AM

Well Kughii, when I see a plate of glistening Ham in front of me I'm going to take it. =P

Though this is getting slightly ridiculous.  I had no idea that a girl being threatened can cause people to spontaneously teleport below decks.

I haven't been exactly keeping up with the voyage. What's going on there, exactly?

Death threats, fish throwing, the usual.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - LuciraMorie - Shuuan

lampbanner.jpg

Library [blog]

#2426 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 11:48 AM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]You have to admit, while it's very ridulous, it's very fun. :P[/color]

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Junyaus-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk

#2427 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 637 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 11:50 AM

You started it.

Me playing MNOG: Aw poor Taipu. First he has to do double work then he's kidnapped. And poor Maku. She gets quarantined for saving her village.

Me playing MNOG II: CURSE YOU TAIPU! DIE DIE DIE! GRR, STOP SCORING! MACKU, YOU CAN'T BLOCK ANYTHING! YOU'RE FIRED!

The Legend of the Bionicle...Toys. My comedy. Give it a read. It's only $9.99(free if you give a USEFUL comment) and it has free ice cream. End shameless advertising.
(Ice cream does not apply if you live in North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia, or Antartica)

Link

#2428 Offline Tabby: Toa of Cats

Tabby: Toa of Cats
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,277 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 12:29 PM

It sounds like interesting things are going on for the voyage...But since I've returned at last (surprised to learn of the announcement of so many changes to BZP, I must admit.) Anyway's, what's been happening all over the island for the past OOC week? I particularly need to focus on Onu-Wahi, Ko-Wahi (Red Star Expedition) and Le-Wahi(Xa-koro Voyage, Daylaria's ship, and ILF.) as those are the places my characters are in. But I'm still curious about everywhere else.

#2429 Offline The Nold

The Nold
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 425 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 12:33 PM

Only things that've really happened in the Red Star Voyage group is that there've been some more arguments between Ignitus and Gravus and Keldor about the Aegis code(Torren equivalent of the Toa code, but with some serious differences).:a::k::i:
Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77
BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547516
~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Radriar~

#2430 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 01:03 PM

Can I just point out, Le has birds and the other Koros don't.Also a lot of alcohol.LOT'S of alcohol.

Fear is freedom! Control is release! Contradiction is truth!"satsukibanner2.gif

BZPRPG Profiles

#2431 Online Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 01:38 PM

Also a lot of alcohol.LOT'S of alcohol.

that can change if u wrong me

-Tyler

#2432 Online Mordor Vehicle

Mordor Vehicle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,944 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 02:35 PM

Can I just point out, Le has birds and the other Koros don't.Also a lot of alcohol.LOT'S of alcohol.

We have trailmix vodka. Your argument is invalid.

#2433 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,568 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well then if we are debating the pros and cons of different military groups might I present the noble and powerful

Sanctum Guard

The Sanctum Guard is the home army of Ko-Koro, tasked with guarding, policing and defending the city itself. Eighty men strong, it's a staunch and determined army with all the stubborn traits Ko-Matoran hold. It's also the best army at fighting in snow, alps and crevasses.
The Sanctum Guard has also been expanded to rival even the Ta-Koro guard in pure might; its several barracks are deeply carved in the ice walls of the village.

As you can see, Ko-Koro is the only village that rivals Ta-Koro as one of the strongest and most powerful guard forces on the island. This is the place for you if you want to be part of a powerful guard force but don’t want to work in a blisteringly hot volcano and ruin your lungs with ash. 

Enjoy the cold frigid temperatures of Mount Ihu, and enjoy the company of the cold frigid guardsman. Or mess with them and try to break through their icy exterior. Fight off the local Muaka or go patrolling in a raging snowstorm. Sit motionless outside the gates and try to become a snowman! Become part of the extensive guard force and keep your favorite icy citadel strong against all threats!

Also I’m probably going to pull some kind of plot type adventure thing out someday soonish to keep this guard exciting and active. So there’s that, too!

Ko is the new Ta!

Ahem. You might note that the description reads "might"; not skill.  ;)

Ko-Koro is not the new Ta-Koro. You ever wonder about how Ko raised an army the size of Ta-Koro's in a few months? Simple. They took in every common Joe off the street, gave him the minimum training, a weapon, and sent him on his way. Ta-Koro is a guard of tradition, a guard force that truly makes the fortress village a fortress. The Ta-Koro Guard is the force that the Sentinels went to to request extra training.And please note; the Sentinels were last year the smallest force on the island, and they repelled the Rahkshi just as well as anybody else. Now, if they're coming to Ta for extra training, what's that tell you? I know what it tells me. The Ta-Koro Guard boasts the only established investigative Corp, the most skilled force on the island, and a village that could be defended with ease. 

Plus, unlike the rest of y'all, I'm actually figuring out what the command structure looks like. :P And let's face it;The rest of y'all boast your alcohol, but Ta-Koro is where the Furnace Salamander's Revenge was invented.

Ko ain't the new Ta. Ta's what Ko wishes it could be. :P

[color=#ffffff;]What> Everyone else was getting in on the shameless promoting....[/color]

Edited by The Snark Knight, Jul 28 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#2434 Offline EmpressYumiwa

EmpressYumiwa
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

• 9,375 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yeah well my koro's taller. >:( >:( >:(

#2435 Online Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yeah well my koro's taller. > :( > :( > :(

you should describe that in your next post--

ohhhhhhh wait

-Tyler

#2436 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,568 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:47 PM

You're right, EW.That's because you're compensating for your military. :)

#2437 Online Mordor Vehicle

Mordor Vehicle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,944 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 03:54 PM

[...]

And please note; the Sentinels were last year the smallest force on the island, and they repelled the Rahkshi just as well as anybody else. Now, if they're coming to Ta for extra training, what's that tell you? I know what it tells me. The Ta-Koro Guard boasts the only established investigative Corp, the most skilled force on the island, and a village that could be defended with ease. 

For more shameless promotion: the Ussalry boasts the only-established Special Operations force. And Mars is a member. Yet another reason to join in our crusade of MANLINESS.

Edited by Iskandar, Jul 28 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#2438 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,149 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:02 PM

I was originally contemplating having one character join each force when the new season started. I ended up with one actual member (Po), one special operative of sorts (Ta) and one technically-unaffiliated-yet-somehow-affiliated character (Le).

It is as they say, no plan survives contact with the BZPRPG

#2439 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:06 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]As was I. But I wound up two characters short. I have a Colonel in the Ta-Koro Guard, a Private in the Ussalry, Corporal in the Marines and a spy in with the Sentinels.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]No clue what I'd do in the Sanctum Guards and Gukko Force.[/color]

Edited by Mr. House, Jul 28 2013 - 04:07 PM.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

#2440 Offline Al the Chicken Man

Al the Chicken Man
  • Members
  • Anger Pacified

• 6,569 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 04:16 PM

why can't we all just be friends 

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users