• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

BZPRPG News and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
13307 replies to this topic

#3121 Offline The Darkest Chronicler

The Darkest Chronicler
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

• 06-January 07
  • 6,700 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 03:55 PM

I haven't been on the Wiki for a while, and I'm a little out of date on the current events of the game, but I'm willing to do what I can to help.

Also, I've decided that I will be creating the mad prophet of Neroxidecost when the game begins once more. Because, who doesn't want an imaginary eldritch deity worshiping cult running around? XD

gallery_50452_97_2614.png

#3122 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 26-June 13
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 04:45 PM

So I just got an idea.

When the Abettor stated that the vault contained "the simplest power in the world," but this may reveal more than we thought.

Think about this for a moment.  Everyone knew about the vault after it's discovery, even though no one was told.  So maybe the vault contains the idea of Makuta, and opening would maybe give this idea a physical form?  As thought is the simplest, yet most powerful thing in the world, it would be safe to state that it has something to do with it.

Or maybe I am just reading V for Vendetta to much.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

#3123 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

Lloyd: the White Wolf
  • Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 12-September 05
  • 8,531 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 04:56 PM

Actually, the concept that the Vault stores an idea is not impossible, and would in fact be quite simple (especially if the idea was "power"). However, I think Makuta being the idea is unlikkely.

:w:

#3124 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 14-October 11
  • 1,392 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 05:05 PM

The fact that the Vault does not belong to Makuta makes him being in it rather unlikely. The idea thing is certainly food for thought though.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#3125 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 06-March 08
  • 3,095 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 05:13 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]Or maybe opening it will trigger the apocalypse, and the Abettor is waiting for the end of days, for the right person to open it and trigger the end of the arc.[/color]

Edited by Mr. House, Nov 06 2013 - 05:15 PM.

"But autocracy? Firm control in the hands of a technological and economic visionary? Yes, that Vegas shall have." -Robert House

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk-Arvun-Iolatra-Mahane

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an- Want zombies? Want to play a religiously fanatical maniac? Well if so, join the BZPRPG's premier cult!

Want a clan of horse-riding Bio-Nomads? PM me to get your Taajar clan approved!  

#3126 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 09-December 11
  • 246 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 05:14 PM

Q: Who 'owns' the Daedra idea? I'm being told it's Emissary. I got a question for 'em but i wasn't around during most of their time and wiki doesn't mention that.

Edited by Mr. Coffee, Nov 06 2013 - 05:14 PM.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#3127 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 04-November 10
  • 1,508 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 05:47 PM

Eyru (Justin Beiber) was the person who brought together and controlled the Daedra this arc. I don't know who invented the idea however- the Daedra were originally from the old incarnation of the BZPRPG. In  this story, they are dissolved and there are no plans to bring them back together.

#3128 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-December 12
  • 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 05:52 PM

Also, I've decided that I will be creating the mad prophet of Neroxidecost when the game begins once more. Because, who doesn't want an imaginary eldritch deity worshiping cult running around? XD

Why can't we have a real eldritch deity worshiping cult?

(Okay, Ak'Rei'An isn't eldritch, but the BZPRPG's insane cult space has already been taken up. And Ak'Rei'An has zombies!)

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#3129 Online Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 28-October 10
  • 2,720 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 06:12 PM

I think worshipping a "Master of Shadows" (aka: Makuta) was eldritch enough, don't you?

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#3130 Offline Tenth Norik

Tenth Norik
  • Members

• 06-November 11
  • 2,776 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think Canis meant a real cult-like organisation.And this reminds me. I must update the wiki pages for my characters soon.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

#3131 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-December 12
  • 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 06:40 PM

No, I meant worshipping a real eldritch deity, though Ak'Rei'An isn't exactly eldritch.

But my point was that the BZPRPG already has a cult.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#3132 Online Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 28-October 10
  • 2,720 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 06:58 PM

I got what Canis was saying. :)

And why is Makuta not an eldritch deity?  He is indeed "weird, or sinister and ghostly," and even so far as malevolent.  Makuta created the shadow spawn parakuka and kraata, gave the worms their first hosts and armored rahkshi.  He even established a hold in the biggest philanthropic society, worming his shadows into the heart of the most generous givers.  His cult destroyed an entire movement, his followers sacrificed themselves without concern for their wellbeing, and no one knew who he really was.  

Sounds about right up there with eldritch cults.

#3133 Offline Tyler is Love

Tyler is Love
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 13-July 04
  • 4,113 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 07:40 PM

Q: Who 'owns' the Daedra idea? I'm being told it's Emissary. I got a question for 'em but i wasn't around during most of their time and wiki doesn't mention that.

Visaru is correct. Though I don't "own" the Daedra idea, I'm generally considered to be the go-to person because I brought them together and led them this arc. If you have any questions about the Daedra, give me a shout.

The original creator of the Daedra was Cool-Aid, who both invented the concept and led the team before the downtime of 2011.

Edited by Justin Bieber, Nov 06 2013 - 07:42 PM.

tylersigcopy_zps78c0e544.jpg

#3134 Online Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,837 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 08:00 PM

did someone say daedra

well, i'm glad they did because--

oh wait not yet

oops

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#3135 Online Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 28-October 10
  • 2,720 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 08:54 PM

lol.  That's Tyler for us.  Even when staff the shenanigans doesn't leave.  I swear he's like a sexy Loki.  God I love a trickster.

#3136 Offline Tenth Norik

Tenth Norik
  • Members

• 06-November 11
  • 2,776 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 10:07 PM

I swear he's like a sexy Loki.  God I love a trickster.

I just the wat read.

MTG Dual Colour

#3137 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 26-June 13
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 10:36 PM

sexy Loki

Wat.

#3138 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 12-September 05
  • 8,531 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 10:40 PM

So, moving on.

I'd like to ask the opinion of the general populace: What did you think of the Koro-level politicking that has been going on since the start of the season? I've heard fondness for it, I've heard disdain for it, but I haven't actually talked to anyone who could speak authoritatively for the masses.

#3139 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,266 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 10:56 PM

I've never really liked it.

It gets in the way of shenanigans.

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#3140 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 26-June 13
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 11:01 PM

Agreed.  We don't need politics yet.

#3141 Online Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 28-October 10
  • 2,720 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 11:09 PM

I love it.  The player backbiting that went on earlier not so much, but the concept of getting koros vying for island supremacy, or at the very least safety and trade, is really great for a world-builder like myself.  I enjoy looking at a society from multiple facets, not just war, drinking contests, and B-grade romance novellas.  I look forward to seeing where the politics go later on. :)

#3142 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 03-December 12
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 11:22 PM

*steps from the shadows*

Did someone say politics?

Anyway, jeez, that took forever. Glad to be back, and I need to ask, once again:

What did I miss this time?

Finally, if anyone cares, I'm not so keen on our player-run government. Too tempting to rush into things, guns-blazing.

Morally unambiguous.

#3143 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 09-December 11
  • 246 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 11:25 PM

I can't say I like it. Compared to the awesomeness of the last arc, it's just weak.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#3144 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 11:29 PM

I only have one question for the staff, when will he BZPRPG be playable again?

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#3145 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 03-December 12
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 11:37 PM

umwat

Did I miss the ending, or is that just some sort of nonsense?

Morally unambiguous.

#3146 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 11:51 PM

umwat

Did I miss the ending, or is that just some sort of nonsense?

Welll, considering how we're having a short timeskip and the location topics are locked... 

It's not quite possible to play the RPG right now.

#3147 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 03-December 12
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hahehhehhahhahheh...

...What?

Wow, this is worse than I thought.

EDIT: Okay, I have some idea of what is going on. So, BZP data went ker-splat while I was gone, and we lost 2 months of progress, and are going to shake things up again, right?

Edited by The Dapper Man, Nov 07 2013 - 12:06 AM.

Morally unambiguous.

#3148 Offline Tenth Norik

Tenth Norik
  • Members

• 06-November 11
  • 2,776 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 12:36 AM

@Dapper Man

Yep, timeskip forward by a short time to skip the 2 months lost.

I think the Koro-Politics is a good idea, but in practice... it wasn't as epic as it had the potential to be.

MTG Dual Colour

#3149 Offline Tyler is Love

Tyler is Love
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 13-July 04
  • 4,113 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 12:58 AM

To everyone who says the inter-Koro politicking wasn't as cool as you'd hoped: the problem was things were only just getting started when the forums went down. Sure, there was a terrorist here, a couple trade deals there, but the big event that all these little things were leading up to was the inter-Koro Summit at the Kini-Nui, which was literally on the verge of starting when the forums shut down.

Trust me: it was going to be awesome after that. And it looks like we'll be time-skipping right to all the awesome stuff, so everyone get ready! :)

tylersigcopy_zps78c0e544.jpg

#3150 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 23-February 09
  • 4,082 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 01:16 AM

No, I meant worshipping a real eldritch deity, though Ak'Rei'An isn't exactly eldritch. But my point was that the BZPRPG already has a cult.

Are you saying Ak'Rei'An is real? :PAs for the Koro politics stuff, I'm with Eyru. There was a whole lot of planning and stuff bubbling away under the surface that was only just starting to come together.The real problem with this arc has been an epidemic of slow, absent or inactive players, which (due to no fault of their own; many of our more influential players are of the age at which Real Life starts to bite you in the behind) has slowed plots, ground interaction to a halt, and in turn discouraged more players from posting.With a time skip and a new staff member, I hope this problem is on the verge of being addressed ^^

Edited by GHOStDOS, Nov 07 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#3151 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

• Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 12-September 05
  • 8,531 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 02:42 AM

Trust me: it was going to be awesome after that. And it looks like we'll be time-skipping right to all the awesome stuff, so everyone get ready! :)

You say this, but even I wasn't aware of it, so I dunno what to make of that. XD

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf, Nov 07 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#3152 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 08-June 12
  • 3,568 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 03:18 AM

Seat belts are buckled, all systems are a-go. New start here we come

BZPRPG Profiles

Wiki Pages:

Ferron-Revekk-Farzan-Korru-Mar-Wherya-Helios-Melna-Colx-Trava-Zelvin-Corex-Mako

#3153 Offline Carson Chambliss

Carson Chambliss
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 15-July 10
  • 5,075 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 06:24 AM

So, moving on. I'd like to ask the opinion of the general populace: What did you think of the Koro-level politicking that has been going on since the start of the season? I've heard fondness for it, I've heard disdain for it, but I haven't actually talked to anyone who could speak authoritatively for the masses. :w:

It was beautiful.

#3154 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-December 12
  • 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 07:29 AM

No, I meant worshipping a real eldritch deity, though Ak'Rei'An isn't exactly eldritch. But my point was that the BZPRPG already has a cult.

Are you saying Ak'Rei'An is real? :P 

Well, considering the fact he revives zombies and such, I would say, yes, he is real.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#3155 Offline Tenth Norik

Tenth Norik
  • Members

• 06-November 11
  • 2,776 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 07:48 AM

Just a reminder, don't veer away into a discussion on religion too much guys.To answer that, we (as in the BoA) could be invoking the power of Mata Nui when we revive zombies and not know it, or a remainder of Makuta's power, or just elemental/mask/vision powers that are converted into "life energy" or something, not necessarily Ak'Rei'An, who according to the Book of Life, is defeatsd.I mean, why else do we need to sacrifice mask/elemental/vision powers?Remember, correlation is not equal to causation. So invoking Ak'Rei'An's name may not actually involve a real archangel using his purple lightstone powers, it just as easily could mean that saying those prayers allows the zombie controller to consciously turn his sacrificed power into life energy by allowing him to focus.Did I just doubt Lord Ak'Rei'An's existence? [And besides, reality is mostly relative-ish]

Edited by Norik The Student, Nov 07 2013 - 07:51 AM.

MTG Dual Colour

#3156 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 23-February 09
  • 4,082 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 08:01 AM

Thank you, Norik, that is exactly what I was getting at ^^I have yet to see definitive proof is anything more than a figment of his cult's deluded imaginations. The zombies seem to me to be, similarly to the Marks, simply an obscure application of sorcery/science (the boundary between the two is quite blurred in this world). I will admit, however, I don't know the details of the zombification process; anyone care to fill me in?

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#3157 Offline Voxumo: Master of Fikou

Voxumo: Master of Fikou
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 08-January 07
  • 3,320 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 09:02 AM

Thank you, Norik, that is exactly what I was getting at ^^I have yet to see definitive proof is anything more than a figment of his cult's deluded imaginations. The zombies seem to me to be, similarly to the Marks, simply an obscure application of sorcery/science (the boundary between the two is quite blurred in this world). I will admit, however, I don't know the details of the zombification process; anyone care to fill me in?

Your guess is as good as mine Ghostdos. My only Ak'rei'an character decided to go rogue and opted out of a zombie. But from what i have seen most of the brotherhood's zombies seem to be recently dead given a lack of decomposition. Whether this plays into the whole matter or not i can not say. For all i know the zombiefication process could actually restore the dead tissue.. I mean the fact that the zombies are semi able to be passed off as living if daft people as seen in the Akiru's forge scene could hint at this. But if the fact they are recently dead does play into it we could be looking at something similar to the whole Jaller being revived/ Takanuva being revived scene from mask of light where if i remember correctly there was still an imprint on their masks etc to be revived.... Far to many factors playing into this for my tastes

Truly it is an odd combination of things.. 

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

"Nightmares cease to exist when you come to the realization that even they can be an escape from the horrors of reality."

#3158 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 03-December 12
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 09:19 AM

I still don't quite understand this. I know how far we're moving, but have no way of guessing where. Like, have the Gov'nors agreed upon what happened during the summit meeting, or are we building off of the most likely outcome of the negotiations?

Edited by The Dapper Man, Nov 07 2013 - 09:21 AM.

Morally unambiguous.

#3159 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 09:36 AM

Perhaps you can wait and find out like the majority of us.

#3160 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 08-June 12
  • 3,568 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2013 - 10:05 AM

Those who wait for something good is worth two in the bush

Hang on, I think I got my wise words mixed up here.

Well it was supposed to be something about good things being worth the wait yaddayaddayadda. Nothing to see here, carry on.

Edited by Dr. O, Nov 07 2013 - 10:05 AM.

BZPRPG Profiles

Wiki Pages:

Ferron-Revekk-Farzan-Korru-Mar-Wherya-Helios-Melna-Colx-Trava-Zelvin-Corex-Mako

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users