BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

In general the time skip seems to have lasted at least a month, since most storms don't last that long the rains ended some time ago. Hubert just liked it so he kept using it afterwards.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

On the subject of characters...

Usually, what comes first for me is an idea for what I want to do. Say I wanted to join a specific group, I would begin developing an idea for said group. This applies to all but 3 of my characters: Okajo, Xaron, and Kewa(Though by extension, Xaron's Parakuka fits here too). Those three are more like 'me' in a sense, except for Kewa who actually is somewhat based off of one of my friends. Okajo and Xaron are two different sides of my personality, one being silent and not-crazy, the other being more...odd. Not to the levels shown in the RPG, no, but still odd nonetheless. Then comes gender, species, personality (Though I usually have one worked out before hand), weapons, and finally biography

i hate writing biographies. but I do it anyways.

Favorite character?

What's more fun to play as then someone with three voices in their head, constantly arguing and just allowing me to enjoy rambling?

Xaron/his Parakuka are my favorites. And yes, I consider them one whole entity because... well, can't really separate them.

i am done here now.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Oh dear. I wrote a nice post in Onu-Koro about a character becoming rather drunk and disorderly, making a bottle flung out of the window a nice excuse to open up interaction with random passer's-by. Now there's other people open for interaction, but yours truly is too drunk and disorderly to actually write up a good post knitting atleast one of them up.

Don't be shy, everyone there who is "open for interaction", there's plenty of people to go around and write stories with.

It'd be the Third, at least.

And to steer us back on topic, I'd like to ask a general question of the players: When you're designing a character, what do you focus on the most? Appearance? Powers and combat? Character? Additionally, how much do you separate yourself from your character? Are they their own entity and you're just writing them, or are they your mouthpiece in the RPG?

:w:

I try to make a character that's both interesting to me and is a product of the world they're in, if that makes any sense. When I come up with a character like that, I can see a lot of things in their future, even if it's going to take a while to get there. (Hence why I'm so fond of Komae, even though really all he's done so far is make a few sales and get dragged along by Beosach.)

That's also part of the reason why I haven't made a second character yet - I'm waiting to try and come up with another character who hits that balance. I've got a few ideas percolating for someone over with the Dasaka, but I haven't quite landed that mix yet.

(The other reason, as always, is lack of time. :P)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

And to steer us back on topic, I'd like to ask a general question of the players: When you're designing a character, what do you focus on the most? Appearance? Powers and combat? Character? Additionally, how much do you separate yourself from your character? Are they their own entity and you're just writing them, or are they your mouthpiece in the RPG?

Their personality, definitely. A character defined by their power in combat or looks quickly becomes boring character when that cool idea you had loses it's novelty. Personality defines the way a character acts and changes the world, and since an RPG is all about interacting and changing the world, personality defines their ability to do so. I always start with a cool personality, their powers and looks stemming from it. I find that, unless I dearly love a character idea and can't stop thinking of exiting things for them to do or say, I will quickly grow bored the the character.

I keep my characters separate from myself, because I am not a fascinating person who I or any sane person would love to read about. (I don't go on many adventures, for one). Of course, my own views begin to leak into that of my characters, and different facets of my personality are visible the characters I create, but they are not me. They are their own separate entities, and far more interesting for it.

What Dr. O says at the end brings a question to my mind: Do you guys have a specific "favourite character" among all your characters? Or do you usually like everyone equally?

Verak

<3

So easy to write, so fun to write, and constantly propelling himself into new exciting scenarios.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

My favorite...I would say Ira, but he's practically the only character i'm using at the moment (other than Merla and Sokuratesu), so that wouldn't be fair.Dasaka related question: it says that Kentoku is to the far west of Mata Nui, but how far west? A real world parallel would be helpful. We should really set up a Dasaka FAQ.

Edited by Man of Miracles

When I make my character, I have a general idea of how they act , and I base them off that general idea. IE:Vorlik- Very nice guy, very helpful.Vhohan- Kills Toa; racist bigotTransiz- Insane giant RahkshiQuon- TouristRakona- Cultist of Ak'Rei'AnAs for favorite characters, it is a three way tie between Transiz, Rakona and Goran. Transiz because he is insane and just fun to show him arguing with Tul; Rakona because the BoA is fun; and Goran because he had no character at all to start, and is really forming from a blank slate to a more complex PC.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

New Clan announcement time! :happydance:

Clan Diakura is a minor clan that holds only a tiny amount of land on Odaiba and whose numbers are also few. In spite of this, they can lay claim to a reasonable amount of influence in the archipelago by virtue of their lineage. They are a clan as old as the Odaiba, and can trace their lineage back to Arohi, a hero of legend who helped the first Rora and along with her, established the Dasaka Empire.

Taking after their warrior-mother, the Daikura have devoted themselves to preserving her knowledge of the Menti disciplines and passing the sacred knowledge on to successive generations. It is the Diakura who runs the Arohi School of the Mind on Sado, where all Menti are trained in the psionic disciplines. Throughout history, only two other clans have attempted to begin their own schools in competition with the Daikura, and both attempts quickly went under, with the long experience and strong tradition of the Daikura proving to provide a much superior education.

Since they own no land on Sado (the school itself is a part of the Imperial Palace, and so owned by the Rora; the Daikura, legally, are only custodians), the Daikura must hold lands elsewhere in order to be recognised as a clan. Their holdings are confined to a valley on the lower slopes of Mount Koshiki. It is a fertile area, and its farms produce abundant crops, fertilised by the old volcanic soil. At the head of the valley is Castle Tarakona, built on the spot where, legend has it, Arohi defeated the kanohi dragon that had plagued the early Dasaka. While this is officially the hub of the clan, it has only ceremonial importance in practice, since the most important Daikura live at the school on Sado.

(I can go into more depth describing the location when/if needed, but since that is not relevant here, I’ll move on).

Politically, Clan Diakura is conservative, though not quite as much as their Umbraline associates. They honour the virtue of Power most among the three, as could be expected of those who study the magical disciplines of their race. They have no clan discipline, since they must have members who are masters of each discipline in order to give instruction in them all.

And, along with the clan, a special event coming up in the near(ish) future: the Tarakona Games!

Every 10 years, Clan Daikura hosts a large group of students from the Arohi School of the Mind on Sado at their ancestral lands on Odaiba. They bring the class of students that is about to graduate and become Menti warriors for their respective clans to Castle Tarakona on the slopes of Mount Koshiki and give them a chance to test their skills in battle on a scale that would be impossible within the normal parameters of school life. The students are divided up into armies, roughly by clan (depending on the numbers of each), and take part in a mock war over the period of a week. Students act as commanders of their peers, learn true battle skills, and have the opportunity to win great honour for their clans. Students who emerge victorious from the exercise often end up in high positions within their clans, and will be remembered for many centuries to come. At the end of the week, the victorious student army may also chose to face a final challenge: a duel against their teachers.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in the fun. We have male credit to use (just who controls the character is still up for grabs) and a blog post here. Anyone That's probably the best place to look for anyone who is interested.

ppg2.png

Hey does anyone know if we have to get permission to interact with piraka characters? like if a character is going after them or something similar like that?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well you could interact with them. Nothing stopping you from doing so.

That is what i was wanting to know.. it was brought up in a group pm for the virtues group and i figured i might as well get an official verdict..

Also thanks Totally Prodigious Artist... by chance do you have a nickname you go by to shorten you display name?

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

TPA.

Of course, if you interact with the Piraka, there's a chance that they might kill you. Or steal your stuff.

Ah ok.. I will remember that TPA

And ah the fun..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Rubbish, he's Hubert. The Hubert.Notice: My hiatus officially ends tomorrow, but...I'm going on holiday. Until 18th or 19th. SO...Hubert, you'll have to wait until at least next Tuesday for my Hogo Dasaka. Sorry it's taking so long. :guilty: For my Diakura Dasaka, at least Wednesday. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. To make it up to you guys, there's a cookie:OSo, from the 16th until the 18th, the following enactments are put in order:Kiron is under JL's command.Sulkua is under Toatapio's command.Feran is under JL.Zekev and Dryken... just leave them in Blackrock as by-standers.Baranx, in a surprising turn of events, returns back to Geardirector (Dr.O). Until the 18th, anyway. Don't get him trampled. :PSo... that will be all. Thank you for your time, folks.

Well, we also have kikanalo, but they're more like rhinos. And Ussals are really slow.Also, people keep going on and on about the Piraka; WHERE ARE THEY?

Vezok has just left a bar in Ta-Wahi, while the Piraka in general appear to have a base of operations somewhere there.

You can interact with the Piraka as they are under the control of players... just be wary of them.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Kentoku Archipelago is an entirely different location. If they have a Janu bird with iridescent scales, maybe they have a horse-like creature?

My apologies to those involved with Kwaiya, but her profile seems to have suddenly disappeared. I'm very frustrated since I spent over an hour on her, but I'll rewrite and get her posted. My apologies for the inconvenience.

LOL Kughii want to form a Taxi Union XD

But yeah, if I could I would choose a Kahu but I'm not sure Nuju Metru would be to found of that. ;)

I suppose a Onu Koro Ussal driver wouldn't be bad though.

Lots of players have Kahu or Gukko birds as personal mounts/pets. ;) It's not against the rules at all. ;)

Edited by Justin Bieber