BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

That would depend on the personality and other skills of the character. Pick a mask that highlights the strengths and would be useful for them, or helps to blunt a weakness of theirs. A rash toa who charges into any situation without thinking could really use a hau for when it leads him into trouble, for example.

Still, you can't go wrong with a nice kakama.

ppg2.png

Mata-Nui Weekly News Transcript

The Mata-Nui Weekly will be taking a short break from recording. In the meantime, please enjoy the weekly bullet points of what we would otherwise be podcasting.

Character of the Week

Theriss Durim: Leader of the Toa Sarsi, this toa of water and destitute loan shark created an entire toa team with the goal of conning the island for profit through faulty merchandise. She is smart, excellently written, and spends far too much time worrying about money. In fact, Theriss is one of the few characters in the RPG to actively search for widgets and profit through posts, rather than simply let finances flash around in the background. Will we be calling her the Gecko of Mata-Nui? Only time will tell.

Player of the Week

Gravity: The man behind Vezok, Gravity is a clever and friendly player, not to mention 100% Beast. His writing has improved at a ridiculous rate over the past few years of gaming, and this week he's been cranking out hilariously to character posts for his piraka. They may not be long walls of text, but they capture a character's sly personality succinctly.

Location of the Week

Kentoku Archipelago: Although by far not the busiest topic this week, the Kentoku Archipelago is most definitely the most looked forward to. Many thanks to staff for the fantastic new player-accessible locale! The option to create clans, fight with brains, and be a psionic-crystal-samurai-chick are just too awesome to leave alone.

Island News (Generally presented as OOC information.)

Kentoku Archipelago *NEW*

• The Kentoku Archipelago topic has opened, revealing an entirely new race, culture, and series of locations. Vezok's Friend did amazing art for embellishing and fleshing out the world. A picture really does count as a thousand words.
  • Sato, Eshai, and Sanai all engaged in a philosophical questioning: is a menti without a clan still a menti and member of their caste with honor?
  • Kwaiya the librarian attempted to go to the Paero games, but chickened out because of crowds.
  • Several new minor clans have arisen in the Dakasa Culture Post. See their individual pages on the Wiki as well.

Po-Wahi

• The Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An has returned to Blackrock Canyon to rebuild. After their failure to secure photothermic powder from the Akiru, Jorruk and Kriigata set off to Ko-Wahi on Larikon's bidding to kidnap a toa of crystal and forcefully gain the crystals needed to make the combustable material.
  • A religious zealot preaching about the horrors of the Iron Mahi and Industrial Development talks to any who will listen.
  • An old Po-Koro guard returns, taken by Dehkaz and then Korru to learn how to ride a kikanolo.

Ga-Wahi

• The Kumu Islets explorers have returned home, carrying several artifacts from below the waves to the vaults for secure storage and adding three new prisoners to the jail below the waves.
  • The Toa Sarsi have a celebratory meal. Before the night is over Geklan has insulted Theriss, and matoran become Crassaro's second Mata-Nui forsaken language. He now speaks fluent Drunkenese.

Le-Wahi

• The fight for Utu has gone terribly wrong. The Legacy cave collapsed, leaving Merror trapped inside with Aurum. Cael, Tuara, Lear, and Skyra fight against hordes of wild Nui Rama in the night while dragging Utu to someplace safe.
  • Dorian was taken to the Le-Wahi hospital, where he met Greed and formed what looked like an alliance to reclaim their thrones.
  • Surina washes up on the shores of Le-Wahi, alive despite the sentence of Ga-Koro's Akiri after Surina's failed assassination.
  • Echelon and Joske are still at large.

Ta-Wahi

• Vezok gets into a bar fight with five toa. Five toa later, he talks with matoran about the island's heroes and makes jokes about his worthiness and greatness. Surina follows after Vezok when he leaves, offering to take him to Ga-Koro and meet Leah Maru.
  • Many ask for weapons from Soli's Forge.

Ko-Wahi

• Enax, a vortixx, is poisoned and taken to the Nuju Marion Research Hospital. When he leaves, he hands over a living kraata in stasis as payment.
  • Ishi Polzin and Nichou arrive in Ko-Koro after traveling through the desert and icy passes of Northern Ko-Wahi. They stay the night at Rhanus' Inn near the citadel. What will tomorrow bring?
  • Viima and company are stranded in an ice cave with a stranger during a storm.

Onu-Koro

• The Ussalry does their rounds, enjoying the mushroom harvest from the newly retrofitted Darkmine.
  • The Akiru are hired to make a venom injecting sword by Syvra.

• The Toa Sarsi have a celebratory meal. Before the night is over Geklan has insulted Theriss, and matoran become Crassaro's second Mata-Nui forsaken language. He now speaks fluent Drunkenese.

*Crasaro

sorry.

But yay drunkenness is fun to do because I have an excuse to have someone stuck in a sandwich.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

The fight for Utu has gone terribly wrong. The Legacy cave collapsed, leaving Merror trapped inside with Aurum.

Merror trapped inside with Aurum.

Aurum.

this brings up some interesting questions on what you've been reading that the rest of us have somehow missed out on :P- Indigo Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

• Viima and company are stranded in an ice cave with a stranger during a storm.

• The Akiru are hired to make a venom injecting sword by Syvra.

Viima is not the one who is stuck in the ice cave.. he is actually with orderin and Tivanu in a ta-wahi now.. one of Toatapio's other characters are the ones stuck in the cave

And also it is a Poison injecting sword since venom is produced by creatures where has a poison is ussually formed through different components.. So yeah just for clarity sakes

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Character of the Week

Theriss Durim: Leader of the Toa Sarsi, this toa of water and destitute loan shark created an entire toa team with the goal of conning the island for profit through faulty merchandise. She is smart, excellently written, and spends far too much time worrying about money. In fact, Theriss is one of the few characters in the RPG to actively search for widgets and profit through posts, rather than simply let finances flash around in the background. Will we be calling her the Gecko of Mata-Nui? Only time will tell.

This makes me very happy, and yet at the same time quite shocked. Excellently written said about a character created by me? Sure, I'm giving her posts my all, but I really wouldn't call myself an excellent writer or really even close to excellence in any form.

Also, I'm sure I must misunderstand, but the Gecko of Mata-Nui? A lizard of the order Squamata?

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

So peeples, what would be a good mask for a Toa fo Jungle?

Hmm... well i have one toa of jungle i play who uses a Mask of reanimation.. But i think it truly depends on what your plan is for the character and his or her personality

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

It'd be the Third, at least.

And to steer us back on topic, I'd like to ask a general question of the players: When you're designing a character, what do you focus on the most? Appearance? Powers and combat? Character? Additionally, how much do you separate yourself from your character? Are they their own entity and you're just writing them, or are they your mouthpiece in the RPG?

:w:

I think my largest focus usually ends up resting on the character's own thematic statement about people or the nature of people, and strays away from other attributes that are more "tangible". That being said, I usually choose skills, powers, or weapons according to what I think are simply interesting ideas, and not always what matches that thematic statement.I think that when I first started RPing, my characters were more like a proxy for me although that's changed a lot in the past year or so. I'm finding that recently I've been tending more towards these characters being totally separate pieces; they're only commentaries, not criticisms. Although that isn't to say I don't find emotional connections with them. I'm deeply emotionally rooted in some of my characters at the moment, even if some of them are left over from my not-so-great days as an RPer.

EDIT:side note Tuara Drigton is back

Edited by turntechGodhead

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Le-Wahi

• The fight for Utu has gone terribly wrong. The Legacy cave collapsed, leaving Merror trapped inside with Aurum.

Aerus. Aurum is buying stuff over a Soli's forge, more or less because I've been an idiot so far in terms of keeping up with what Legacy is doing. :P

In any case, this news thing is awesome. Never knew it existed. And that's another podcast I have to tune into........does anyone have a link? :3

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Currency is kind of arbitrary in the BZPRPG. Everything's relative; we don't get too hung up over what costs what. Trying to impose numerical values on a purely text and imagination based game is rarely a good idea. If your character should be able to afford something, then they should be able to buy it. The actual amount of money doesn't matter - it's the value of the item in question that matters.Try and think of it like that :P

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Le-Wahi

• The fight for Utu has gone terribly wrong. The Legacy cave collapsed, leaving Merror trapped inside with Aurum.

Aerus. Aurum is buying stuff over a Soli's forge, more or less because I've been an cool dude so far in terms of keeping up with what Legacy is doing. :P

In any case, this news thing is awesome. Never knew it existed. And that's another podcast I have to tune into........does anyone have a link? :3

Season One. I'll be starting a second season for the Chapter 2.

I feel nostalgic for the days when Onarax and I would attempt to and fail to throw out podcast episodes.

Which would also be two hours long (*cough* FT Interview *cough*)

Fun times.

OH YES. Those were actually some excellent interviews. Long, long, long, but great to listen to while doing other things. I miss doing the full blown podcast like I did back in NBZP (or almost did: never really got off the ground so I was glad to see someone do it), but I don't have that kind of time to make a really great podcast with all the elements it used to have. Now I just do news. :)

“I saw endless pupil-less eyes, each one forever blinking but never closing, rising out of endless mouths that rose from the inky surface of its skin. Endless limbs spread out from its enormous form, each one branching into a thousand branch-like offshoots. These offshoots each ended in another mouth, which sang out in glory of his holy and unspeakable name. I could feel the darkness in my own soul trying to rend itself from my body in his presence, his sheer majesty causing it to writhe in agony. Then amid his center, a single massive opening appeared, the inside lined with burning quills.
From this came a booming voice, that left my mind unable to focus upon anything else, as all of my sense faded. It said in words that were not our own, but my mind could through his power understand. ‘Mayixa, son of the people of the false spirit. I am the glorious one who is called -‘ what he said could not be translated, for no word of ours could ever explain it. I can’t even repeat it for I have not the power to speak it. ‘You see before you the truth beyond what you have been told. Mata Nui and Makuta are but mere specks of dust in my presence, their power is nothing. You must guide your fellow children of the false spirit back towards my path.’
I managed to ask a single question of his endless greatness. ‘I can not speak your name… what is it that I may call you to those I must lead?’
The booming voice responded with a name, and then I awoke. He said that I may call him ‘Neroxidecost’.”
He is currently standing and preaching of the greatness of Neroxidecost over the false spirits. He also just helped a Turaga who slipped on the ice get back onto their feet.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Where's all the fun stuff in Ko? Surely there's something a homeless Parakuka host with a split personality, would be able to participate in.

The only thing I can think of that might be within the realm of possibility would be to interrupt the kidnapping of a sanctum guardsman that will happen soon. The only other character I have in Po is busy with some other plots and personal goals.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)