BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Silvan has a point, though for game-reasons, I've always thought that Crystal and Stone cannot control each other's element. Similar to Stone and Earth, Earth and Sand, Water and Ice, Fire and Plasma, etc.

Is Vezok still inside the bar, or is he outside?

He's outside, though probably not too far away.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

The way I always played it was that they could effect each others element, only in a very limited fashion. It would take a higher level of skill then most characters had to do much of anything, but it was possible.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The way I always played it was that they could effect each others element, only in a very limited fashion. It would take a higher level of skill then most characters had to do much of anything, but it was possible.

So say, something similar to a Toa of Plasma effecting (but not manipulating) fire with their control over heat? I see how that could work, though probably more so for Sonic/Air than say, Stone and Sand.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Yeah, like a Toa of Air could muffle or just plain negate a sound as it traveled or a Toa of Plasma could start a fire. A Toa of Stone could pick up sand but if you wanted to be like Gaara then a player would be much better of using a Sand Toa.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Yeah, like a Toa of Air could muffle or just plain negate a sound as it traveled or a Toa of Plasma could start a fire. A Toa of Stone could pick up sand but if you wanted to be like Gaara then a player would be much better of using a Sand Toa.

I remember in an older discussion that a moderator decreed that both Toa of Crystals and Toa of Stone could manipulate sand itself.

Anyways, about Dasaka Menti Disciplines, are we limited to those 4 main powers, or could we possibly 'create our own', like custom Toa powers?

Edited by -JL-

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Heat and light stones would probably fall under the control of both Crystal and Stone Toa. They are both a type of crystal, which is a type of stone.

Not really. The problem with "Stone" is that it is a collection of materials sticking together, whilst "Crystal" is a certain shape in which a material can occur. Stones can be sedimentary (basically, compacted earth or seabeds turned into stone - causing overlap with Toas of Earth), or a conglemarate of several minerals. Even though minerals are crystalline in nature, they don't always occur as actual crystals. In short, stones are absolutey not crystals. They do contain crystals, and a lot of crystalline material, but they are by no means crystal shaped.Sand is, for all intents and purposes, stone. Stone which has been reduced to really really really tiny bits. Although it does contain quartz crystals, it also contains many more materials besides, part of them crystallic in shape, part of them not.

A lightstone is not a stone at all. From my recollection of a lightstone, it is a single material which has a very distinct crystal facing (those perfect shapes along which crystals break). Therefore, by it's very definition, it is a mineral, not a stone.

I remember in an older discussion that a moderator decreed that both Toa of Crystals and Toa of Stone could manipulate sand itself.

This is true- one of my characters is a Toa of stone who only controls sand.

Also, Sand Toa do not exist. XD

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Hmm...I am aware that the little melting-PT-powder thing has been staff-approved, but I'd just like to point out that if the powder works in the way that I conceived it as working (and the way that I presume to be canon, because if it ain't I wasn't told), then it would indeed explode while being melted. Personally I'd prefer that people who want to use my creations both take the time to read up on how they work (it's on the Wiki), and then use them in a way that makes sense.

Not having a rant here, just pointing out what I perceive to be an issue :P

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

As a powder made out of two different kinds of crystal I'm not sure how melting them into one still explosive chunk even works in the first place

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Vezok is so much fun.

seriously love the guy

And he seems to be fun.. since you have a side of the character to play that we have not really seen where as the rest of the piraka seem mostly the same personality wise

And side note voulge is smart enough to not get involved in a Skadki on matoran matter.. surely there is a reason

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hmm...I am aware that the little melting-PT-powder thing has been staff-approved, but I'd just like to point out that if the powder works in the way that I conceived it as working (and the way that I presume to be canon, because if it ain't I wasn't told), then it would indeed explode while being melted. Personally I'd prefer that people who want to use my creations both take the time to read up on how they work (it's on the Wiki), and then use them in a way that makes sense.

Not having a rant here, just pointing out what I perceive to be an issue :P

This would make sense if it was a thermite reaction. Thank god it is not.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Wait, are you guys trying to melt a crystalline powder?

Vezok is so much fun.

seriously love the guy

And he seems to be fun.. since you have a side of the character to play that we have not really seen where as the rest of the piraka seem mostly the same personality wise

Exacatacaly.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Allow me to explain; by heating the powder to anything near the heat you'd need to melt crystal, you would burn off the soot that coats the individual grains, which is the only thing stopping the powder from blowing your face off.Let's also consider the heat required for what you're suggesting; judging by their appearance, they are similar to quartz - which has melting temperatures in the thousands of degrees. Thus not easy to melt, especially when you are trying to do so using a Heatstone. If Heatstones could melt Heatstones, don't you think they'd have all just melted themselves by now?And finally, even if you did manage to melt and re-solidify the powder, the mechanism by which it works would not be preserved since it relies on the soot between powder grains in order to work.If you have a counter-argument to this, please explain it - just don't leave me with more condescending one-liners.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Allow me to explain; by heating the powder to anything near the heat you'd need to melt crystal, you would burn off the soot that coats the individual grains, which is the only thing stopping the powder from blowing your face off.Let's also consider the heat required for what you're suggesting; judging by their appearance, they are similar to quartz - which has melting temperatures in the thousands of degrees. Thus not easy to melt, especially when you are trying to do so using a Heatstone. If Heatstones could melt Heatstones, don't you think they'd have all just melted themselves by now?And finally, even if you did manage to melt and re-solidify the powder, the mechanism by which it works would not be preserved since it relies on the soot between powder grains in order to work.If you have a counter-argument to this, please explain it - just don't leave me with more condescending one-liners.

Annnnd i think GhostHands comes in for the kill.. Truly everything he brings up is unable to be disproven (not sure if right term)

And also if heatstones could truly reach the temperatures to melt anything would they not melt through their own containers since heatstones are often held inside canisters because they are not safe to touch without some form of protection. But yeah after reading the photothermic powder wiki page (thank you ghosthands for the link) it seems the integral part of this whole combination is the soot.. so yeah even if you could melt the powder with the heatstone you would risk that whole no soot issue

Though GhostHands with you being the creator of Photothermic powder i am curious.. Could you use a substance similar to soot if you did not have access to soot?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yes, you could, Voxumo; anything that would coat the grains of powder and thus stop the 'energy transfer' while still be relatively easy to remove by impact or otherwise would work. I chose soot because it was a substance that definitely exists on Mata Nui but is still easy to obtain.

In fact, that gives me an idea...by using different substances to coat the grains, one could in theory create variants of the powder with different properties. I shall have to think about this :P

Yes, you could, Voxumo; anything that would coat the grains of powder and thus stop the 'energy transfer' while still be relatively easy to remove by impact or otherwise would work. I chose soot because it was a substance that definitely exists on Mata Nui but is still easy to obtain.

In fact, that gives me an idea...by using different substances to coat the grains, one could in theory create variants of the powder with different properties. I shall have to think about this :P

lol.. with your second part i just imagined coating the photothermic powder in sugar cookie mix and when it explodes anyone in the updraft of the explosion would smell sugar cookies.... Mmm.. sweet sugary cookie death.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

A powder that has an inherent endo-thermic reaction...?

Timed explosives.

And then mix that with sources that give off flammable gas. The resulting boom would be big.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Hey just an idle thought.. But would a Dasaka skilled in the Willhammer ability be able to even infiltrate the minds of sentient objects.. primarily any Anxilia that may exist since they do seem to technically have minds?

Just was an random thought i had

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Hey just an idle thought.. But would a Dasaka skilled in the Willhammer ability be able to even infiltrate the minds of sentient objects.. primarily any Anxilia that may exist since they do seem to technically have minds?

I would say yes. But I dunno what Nuju would say. Though it WOULD be pretty cool of an ability.....

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I would say yes. But I dunno what Nuju would say. Though it WOULD be pretty cool of an ability.....

Indeed it would.. turn anxilia against it's owner/partner

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

On the converse, maybe how the Dasaka's illusions lie to your senses could be 'snapped back to reality' with the Anxilia helping out. :o

Same could possibly apply to Parakuka.

Very true.. i did not think about the illusion capability...And yeah the Parakuka i did not think about that either

all these possibilities..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

On the converse, maybe how the Dasaka's illusions lie to your senses could be 'snapped back to reality' with the Anxilia helping out. :o

But Parakuka don't really have any useful sensory inputs besides for pain. They're only able to "see" whatever is in the mind of the host, and if the host is under the influence of a Sighteye, his mind won't be very reliable.

Don't know how Anxilia work though. If they're able to see on their own, then maybe they could help.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Why does everybody keep treating Unari (the guy who owns the Bright-Star and is the guy behind the bar) like an NPC? Unless the recent breakdown caused his profile to be deleted from my page, he's still a PC and I would appreciate it if people would treat him as such. >.<

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Why does everybody keep treating Unari (the guy who owns the Bright-Star and is the guy behind the bar) like an NPC? Unless the recent breakdown caused his profile to be deleted from my page, he's still a PC and I would appreciate it if people would treat him as such. >.<

Because i had no idea he existed.. But.. But i will remember this in the future.

Also not sure of blunt honesty will do me any good in this case

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

But Parakuka don't really have any useful sensory inputs besides for pain. They're only able to "see" whatever is in the mind of the host, and if the host is under the influence of a Sighteye, his mind won't be very reliable.

Don't know how Anxilia work though. If they're able to see on their own, then maybe they could help.

I dunno. I'm thinking along the sense of 'The sighteye is fooling the senses of the host' but not the Anxilia/Parakuka, and as such these secondary 'minds' could poke in and say "Hey....you're being fooled" and thus attempt to wake them up.

Still. Better to leave it to the mods for something like this.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Oh and also Otter.. Unari does not seem to have a profile on the profile pages.. Just saying since i just checked

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu