• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPRPG News and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
20600 replies to this topic

#3681 Offline sunflower

sunflower
  • Members
  • Thoughts of the Past

• 02-December 10
  • 8,245 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2013 - 09:41 PM

Silvan has a point, though for game-reasons, I've always thought that Crystal and Stone cannot control each other's element.  Similar to Stone and Earth, Earth and Sand, Water and Ice, Fire and Plasma, etc.

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]Is Vezok still inside the bar, or is he outside?[/color]

He's outside, though probably not too far away.

Nowhere to run... Nowhere to hide.

˹STAR WARS: INTERREGNUM˼   ˹EXO-FORCE˼   ˹BZPRPG˼

#3682 Offline 25K When?

25K When?
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 23,142 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2013 - 10:14 PM

It's more conceptual than physical.

#3683 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 14-October 11
  • 2,420 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2013 - 10:43 PM

The way I always played it was that they could effect each others element, only in a very limited fashion. It would take a higher level of skill then most characters had to do much of anything, but it was possible.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

#3684 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 26-June 13
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2013 - 11:30 PM

The company finally emerges.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

#3685 Offline sunflower

sunflower
  • Members
  • Thoughts of the Past

• 02-December 10
  • 8,245 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2013 - 11:49 PM

The way I always played it was that they could effect each others element, only in a very limited fashion. It would take a higher level of skill then most characters had to do much of anything, but it was possible.

So say, something similar to a Toa of Plasma effecting (but not manipulating) fire with their control over heat?  I see how that could work, though probably more so for Sonic/Air than say, Stone and Sand.

#3686 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 14-October 11
  • 2,420 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 12:30 AM

Yeah, like a Toa of Air could muffle or just plain negate a sound as it traveled or a Toa of Plasma could start a fire. A Toa of Stone could pick up sand but if you wanted to be like Gaara then a player would be much better of using a Sand Toa.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

#3687 Offline - JL -

- JL -
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,755 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 06:41 AM

Yeah, like a Toa of Air could muffle or just plain negate a sound as it traveled or a Toa of Plasma could start a fire. A Toa of Stone could pick up sand but if you wanted to be like Gaara then a player would be much better of using a Sand Toa.

I remember in an older discussion that a moderator decreed that both Toa of Crystals and Toa of Stone could manipulate sand itself.

Anyways, about Dasaka Menti Disciplines, are we limited to those 4 main powers, or could we possibly 'create our own', like custom Toa powers?

Edited by -JL-, Nov 17 2013 - 07:31 AM.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#3688 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 23-April 13
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 06:54 AM

To those in the Red Star group, can someone tell me where we are at so I can move one of my characters? Thanks. 

-Big Boss

We are in Ga-Koro, having a discussion about naming the ship.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

#3689 Offline -Joshua-

-Joshua-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Defeated

• 23-September 04
  • 3,360 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 07:37 AM

Heat and light stones would probably fall under the control of both Crystal and Stone Toa. They are both a type of crystal, which is a type of stone.

Not really. The problem with "Stone" is that it is a collection of materials sticking together, whilst "Crystal" is a certain shape in which a material can occur. Stones can be sedimentary (basically, compacted earth or seabeds turned into stone - causing overlap with Toas of Earth), or a conglemarate of several minerals. Even though minerals are crystalline in nature, they don't always occur as actual crystals. In short, stones are absolutey not crystals. They do contain crystals, and a lot of crystalline material, but they are by no means crystal shaped.Sand is, for all intents and purposes, stone. Stone which has been reduced to really really really tiny bits. Although it does contain quartz crystals, it also contains many more materials besides, part of them crystallic in shape, part of them not.

A lightstone is not a stone at all. From my recollection of a lightstone, it is a single material which has a very distinct crystal facing (those perfect shapes along which crystals break). Therefore, by it's very definition, it is a mineral, not a stone.

#3690 Offline A Forgotten Soul

A Forgotten Soul
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 07-December 12
  • 1,619 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 09:00 AM

Ok. Thanks. I'll be there as soon ss possible.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

#3691 Offline Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 13-February 08
  • 12,403 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 12:55 PM

Anyways, about Dasaka Menti Disciplines, are we limited to those 4 main powers, or could we possibly 'create our own', like custom Toa powers?

Eons of Dasaka looking for mental edges over one another, and finding nothing, says nope.

test2.png

#3692 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 08-June 12
  • 4,450 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 01:10 PM

Things were slow today, oh well.

At least I finally got around to putting up my characters on the wiki.

BZPRPG Profiles

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

#3693 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 04-November 10
  • 1,524 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 01:47 PM

I remember in an older discussion that a moderator decreed that both Toa of Crystals and Toa of Stone could manipulate sand itself.

This is true- one of my characters is a Toa of stone who only controls sand.

Also, Sand Toa do not exist. XD

#3694 Offline 25K When?

25K When?
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 23,142 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 03:21 PM

Or there could be a mysterious underground society of them in PO somewhere.

#3695 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 26-June 13
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 05:43 PM

Or there could be a mysterious underground society of them in PO somewhere.

They also have the best mask abilities ever.  Like mask of elemental power activation.

#3696 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 23-February 09
  • 4,551 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hmm...I am aware that the little melting-PT-powder thing has been staff-approved, but I'd just like to point out that if the powder works in the way that I conceived it as working (and the way that I presume to be canon, because if it ain't I wasn't told), then it would indeed explode while being melted.  Personally I'd prefer that people who want to use my creations both take the time to read up on how they work (it's on the Wiki), and then use them in a way that makes sense.

Not having a rant here, just pointing out what I perceive to be an issue :P

Edited by Ghosthands, Nov 17 2013 - 07:07 PM.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

#3697 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 14-October 11
  • 2,420 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 07:19 PM

As a powder made out of two different kinds of crystal I'm not sure how melting them into one still explosive chunk even works in the first place

Edited by Silvan Haven, Nov 17 2013 - 07:30 PM.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

#3698 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 23-February 09
  • 4,551 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 07:24 PM

As a powder made out of two different kinds of crystal I'm note sure how melting them into one still explosive chunk even works in the first place

My point exactly.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

#3699 Offline sunflower

sunflower
  • Members
  • Thoughts of the Past

• 02-December 10
  • 8,245 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 07:52 PM

Vezok is so much fun.

seriously love the guy

#3700 Offline 25K When?

25K When?
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 23,142 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 08:00 PM

Evil Gravs is adorabibble.

#3701 Offline sunflower

sunflower
  • Members
  • Thoughts of the Past

• 02-December 10
  • 8,245 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 08:08 PM

Evil Gravs is adorabibble.

(◕◡◕)

<3

Teehee

You're making me blush.

Now, just a little something BZPRPG related that I cooked up.

#3702 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Always and Forever Cold

• 08-January 07
  • 4,822 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 08:11 PM

Vezok is so much fun.

seriously love the guy

And he seems to be fun.. since you have a side of the character to play that we have not really seen where as the rest of the piraka seem mostly the same personality wise

And side note voulge is smart enough to not get involved in a Skadki on matoran matter.. surely there is a reason

Edited by Voxumo, Nov 17 2013 - 08:17 PM.

u9et1dt.gif

#3703 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 26-June 13
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hmm...I am aware that the little melting-PT-powder thing has been staff-approved, but I'd just like to point out that if the powder works in the way that I conceived it as working (and the way that I presume to be canon, because if it ain't I wasn't told), then it would indeed explode while being melted.  Personally I'd prefer that people who want to use my creations both take the time to read up on how they work (it's on the Wiki), and then use them in a way that makes sense.

Not having a rant here, just pointing out what I perceive to be an issue :P

This would make sense if it was a thermite reaction.  Thank god it is not.

#3704 Offline sunflower

sunflower
  • Members
  • Thoughts of the Past

• 02-December 10
  • 8,245 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 08:15 PM

Wait, are you guys trying to melt a crystalline powder?

Vezok is so much fun.

seriously love the guy

And he seems to be fun.. since you have a side of the character to play that we have not really seen where as the rest of the piraka seem mostly the same personality wise

Exacatacaly.

#3705 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 23-February 09
  • 4,551 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 02:04 AM

Allow me to explain; by heating the powder to anything near the heat you'd need to melt crystal, you would burn off the soot that coats the individual grains, which is the only thing stopping the powder from blowing your face off.Let's also consider the heat required for what you're suggesting; judging by their appearance, they are similar to quartz - which has melting temperatures in the thousands of degrees. Thus not easy to melt, especially when you are trying to do so using a Heatstone. If Heatstones could melt Heatstones, don't you think they'd have all just melted themselves by now?And finally, even if you did manage to melt and re-solidify the powder, the mechanism by which it works would not be preserved since it relies on the soot between powder grains in order to work.If you have a counter-argument to this, please explain it - just don't leave me with more condescending one-liners.

#3706 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 08-January 07
  • 4,822 posts

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 02:19 AM

Allow me to explain; by heating the powder to anything near the heat you'd need to melt crystal, you would burn off the soot that coats the individual grains, which is the only thing stopping the powder from blowing your face off.Let's also consider the heat required for what you're suggesting; judging by their appearance, they are similar to quartz - which has melting temperatures in the thousands of degrees. Thus not easy to melt, especially when you are trying to do so using a Heatstone. If Heatstones could melt Heatstones, don't you think they'd have all just melted themselves by now?And finally, even if you did manage to melt and re-solidify the powder, the mechanism by which it works would not be preserved since it relies on the soot between powder grains in order to work.If you have a counter-argument to this, please explain it - just don't leave me with more condescending one-liners.

Annnnd i think GhostHands comes in for the kill.. Truly everything he brings up is unable to be disproven (not sure if right term)

And also if heatstones could truly reach the temperatures to melt anything would they not melt through their own containers since heatstones are often held inside canisters because they are not safe to touch without some form of protection. But yeah after reading the photothermic powder wiki page (thank you ghosthands for the link) it seems the integral part of this whole combination is the soot.. so yeah even if you could melt the powder with the heatstone you would risk that whole no soot issue

Though GhostHands with you being the creator of Photothermic powder i am curious.. Could you use a substance similar to soot if you did not have access to soot?

u9et1dt.gif

#3707 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 23-February 09
  • 4,551 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 02:51 AM

Yes, you could, Voxumo; anything that would coat the grains of powder and thus stop the 'energy transfer' while still be relatively easy to remove by impact or otherwise would work.  I chose soot because it was a substance that definitely exists on Mata Nui but is still easy to obtain.

In fact, that gives me an idea...by using different substances to coat the grains, one could in theory create variants of the powder with different properties.  I shall have to think about this :P

#3708 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 08-January 07
  • 4,822 posts

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 02:59 AM

Yes, you could, Voxumo; anything that would coat the grains of powder and thus stop the 'energy transfer' while still be relatively easy to remove by impact or otherwise would work.  I chose soot because it was a substance that definitely exists on Mata Nui but is still easy to obtain.

In fact, that gives me an idea...by using different substances to coat the grains, one could in theory create variants of the powder with different properties.  I shall have to think about this :P

lol.. with your second part i just imagined coating the photothermic powder in sugar cookie mix and when it explodes anyone in the updraft of the explosion would smell sugar cookies.... Mmm.. sweet sugary cookie death.

u9et1dt.gif

#3709 Offline - JL -

- JL -
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,755 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 04:25 AM

A powder that has an inherent endo-thermic reaction...?

Timed explosives.

And then mix that with sources that give off flammable gas. The resulting boom would be big.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#3710 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 08-January 07
  • 4,822 posts

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 05:43 AM

Hey just an idle thought.. But would a Dasaka skilled in the Willhammer ability be able to even infiltrate the minds of sentient objects.. primarily any Anxilia that may exist since they do seem to technically have minds?

Just was an random thought i had

u9et1dt.gif

#3711 Offline - JL -

- JL -
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,755 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hey just an idle thought.. But would a Dasaka skilled in the Willhammer ability be able to even infiltrate the minds of sentient objects.. primarily any Anxilia that may exist since they do seem to technically have minds?

I would say yes. But I dunno what Nuju would say. Though it WOULD be pretty cool of an ability.....

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#3712 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 08-January 07
  • 4,822 posts

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 07:09 AM

I would say yes. But I dunno what Nuju would say. Though it WOULD be pretty cool of an ability.....

Indeed it would.. turn anxilia against it's owner/partner

u9et1dt.gif

#3713 Offline - JL -

- JL -
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,755 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 07:46 AM

On the converse, maybe how the Dasaka's illusions lie to your senses could be 'snapped back to reality' with the Anxilia helping out. :o

Same could possibly apply to Parakuka.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#3714 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 08-January 07
  • 4,822 posts

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 08:14 AM

On the converse, maybe how the Dasaka's illusions lie to your senses could be 'snapped back to reality' with the Anxilia helping out. :o

Very true.. i did not think about the illusion capability...And yeah the Parakuka i did not think about that either

all these possibilities.. 

u9et1dt.gif

#3715 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 18-June 06
  • 2,162 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 08:20 AM

But Parakuka don't really have any useful sensory inputs besides for pain. They're only able to "see" whatever is in the mind of the host, and if the host is under the influence of a Sighteye, his mind won't be very reliable. 

Don't know how Anxilia work though. If they're able to see on their own, then maybe they could help. 

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#3716 Offline Lontra Canadensis

Lontra Canadensis
  • Members
  • Proud Matoran Resistance

• 18-April 07
  • 13,570 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 08:31 AM

Why does everybody keep treating Unari (the guy who owns the Bright-Star and is the guy behind the bar) like an NPC? Unless the recent breakdown caused his profile to be deleted from my page, he's still a PC and I would appreciate it if people would treat him as such. >.<

Trout? Where?

The Otter has finally returned...
Now in North American River Otter format.

Yay!

#3717 Offline 25K When?

25K When?
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 23,142 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 08:50 AM

Because his name makes him sound like some sort of food combo (unagi and inari)?

#3718 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 08-January 07
  • 4,822 posts

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 08:58 AM

Why does everybody keep treating Unari (the guy who owns the Bright-Star and is the guy behind the bar) like an NPC? Unless the recent breakdown caused his profile to be deleted from my page, he's still a PC and I would appreciate it if people would treat him as such. >.<

Because i had no idea he existed.. But.. But i will remember this in the future.

Also not sure of blunt honesty will do me any good in this case

Edited by Voxumo, Nov 18 2013 - 08:58 AM.

u9et1dt.gif

#3719 Offline - JL -

- JL -
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,755 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 08:58 AM

But Parakuka don't really have any useful sensory inputs besides for pain. They're only able to "see" whatever is in the mind of the host, and if the host is under the influence of a Sighteye, his mind won't be very reliable. 

Don't know how Anxilia work though. If they're able to see on their own, then maybe they could help. 

I dunno. I'm thinking along the sense of 'The sighteye is fooling the senses of the host' but not the Anxilia/Parakuka, and as such these secondary 'minds' could poke in and say "Hey....you're being fooled" and thus attempt to wake them up.

Still. Better to leave it to the mods for something like this.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#3720 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member

• 08-January 07
  • 4,822 posts

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 09:06 AM

Oh and also Otter.. Unari does not seem to have a profile on the profile pages.. Just saying since i just checked

u9et1dt.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users