• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPRPG News and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
8035 replies to this topic

#3761 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,474 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 11:42 PM

(So yeah, what Grochi said)

People still call me that?

I mean, yeah, that was my name on here for most of the last six years or so, but still.

You will always be Grochi to me c:

#3762 Offline Yolanda Squarble Fried #1

Yolanda Squarble Fried #1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 3,823 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 12:35 AM

Is the podcast weekly or biweekly or monthly now?

Monthly is the ideal timeframe, I believe. This podcast was delayed due to technical difficulties, but even if had come out on time (mid-October), there wouldn't have been much to talk about, as activity around that time had slumped. Seeing as activity has sprung up again, and the technical issues have been mostly sorted out, I'm hopeful for the podcast to once again become a regular event. :)

<3

#3763 Offline JL Zehvor

JL Zehvor
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,656 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 01:34 AM

Is the podcast weekly or biweekly or monthly now?

Monthly is the ideal timeframe, I believe. This podcast was delayed due to technical difficulties, but even if had come out on time (mid-October), there wouldn't have been much to talk about, as activity around that time had slumped. Seeing as activity has sprung up again, and the technical issues have been mostly sorted out, I'm hopeful for the podcast to once again become a regular event. :)

A looooot of things can happen in a month. A lot of good things could pop up that 10 minutes might not be able to cover....

also my right ear enjoyed dat

Anywho, question. How do you guys plan our your stories/character development? Do you have everything already in mind when you start these stuff, or do you just let the RP and its interactions drift your plans around? :/

Edited by -JL-, Nov 19 2013 - 04:49 AM.

4774_zps6685bdf2.jpg

(╯◕_◕)╯fite me in halo ill rekt u

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#3764 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,381 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 02:00 AM

Anywho, question. How do you guys plan our your stories/character development? Do you have everything already in mind when you start these stuff, or do you just let the RP and its interactions drift your plans around? :/

Both. I usually think of an outline of the story I want to tell with my characters, sometimes even a very specific one. However, it always ends up changing greatly due to whatever the other players bring into it. That makes the story more interesting and spontaneous, but I do have some things that I want to do planned from very early on.

In this game you need to adapt a lot. When I first brought Henkka and Alex into the game, the RPG plot was very different. It had the Xa-Kuta cults, evil mages of Xa-Koro and whatnot. It was great fun, not the least because of all the awesome people I got to play and share my story ideas with. But then the arc was cancelled and restarted due to the dataclysm, so my plans changed quite a bit. Note that I still achieved the desired end result (Alex dying and Henkka teleporting away), but the route changed a lot. As for the Magical Spear plot... that one was just created on whims upon whims upon some more whims which made absolutely no sense and it shows in the final story.

It's ok to plan things ahead, but be ready to accept that it doesn't always work out the way you thought of at first.

What I think everytime I see this promo picture

pohatu_is_a_wuss.gif

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#3765 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,030 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 02:34 AM

I come up with them at 1 am while I'm lying in bed.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#3766 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,155 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 02:50 AM

I usually leave things pretty open.  I'm more of a "character" person more than a "story" person. If your story is bad, I can still excuse it as long as you have interesting/fun characters. It's because of this that I don't really make any sort of grand plots myself, usually I just leave my characters to their business and grab the RP opportunities that come my way.

I'd say it's worked out pretty well so far.

#3767 Online Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,920 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 03:10 AM

Um, so...Read past 4 days' worth of discussion. Check.So, I will now take back control of my characters. Thanks for not getting them killed. :)

Go with the interactions as a starting point, jist drifting a little. Then develop.along those lines.But I only have very very very little in-game developments, so I'm not qualified to really say much of it.Also, yay first Dasaka up.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.

#3768 Offline That Ghosthands is a spy

That Ghosthands is a spy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,750 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 03:28 AM

I would say it tends to vary depending on the character, but what I generally do is think about how I want the character to personally develop while leaving lots of leeway for whatever shenanigans they may end up in as I bumble from one interaction to another :P

tyler_sig_pastiche.png

#3769 Offline Dapper-San

Dapper-San
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 432 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 09:16 AM

I just formulate a plan and try to make it happen. If that doesn't work, I just let whatever happen. This is why some of my characters fare better than my others.

Gatekeeper42.png

Look at me, much gamer, so PlayStation, very achieve

#3770 Offline The Darkest Chronicler

The Darkest Chronicler
  • Members
  • Hunger Sated

• 6,700 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 09:37 AM

I just create a character. I don't think about how I want the character to develop, because I can't know what their future will hold. What I try to do is create a mindset for that character, and let that change as events occur. While sometimes I do like to have plots ahead of time, character development is something that I really can't pre-plan, it just happens as I write the characters.

gallery_50452_97_2614.png

#3771 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 11:22 AM

this is going to be so fun

ahahaahahaha<3

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"

#3772 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 11:27 AM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]I have vague plans for my characters, and that's it.[/color]

709px Rob rhaegar winterfell (200x169)

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Junyaus-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an

#3773 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,381 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 11:36 AM

I get the feeling that the most awesome battle so far in the 2013 arc is gonna happen in Ta-Koro.

Ta-Koro, the battle-center.

What I think everytime I see this promo picture

pohatu_is_a_wuss.gif

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#3774 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 11:45 AM

Krayz<3 i'm going to apologize in advance for your Koro

It was cool while it lasted.

And wasn't in ruins.

#3775 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 12:04 PM

I get the feeling that the most awesome battle so far in the 2013 arc is gonna happen in Ta-Koro.

Ta-Koro, the battle-center.

Yup.  And I plan to start a new one soon.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#3776 Offline Yolanda Squarble Fried #1

Yolanda Squarble Fried #1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 3,823 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 01:16 PM

And wasn't in ruins.

> what's this about a battle

> ain't nobody gonna raze ta-koro on my watch

<3

#3777 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,033 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 01:38 PM

I often have some ideas about the characters and how they might have, but most of the time that changes dramatically over time: Which is probably one of the best things about collaborative storytelling, the full organic feeling you get as you go.That being said, if I feel like something's going to benefit my development plan, I take it and get the most of it.

Fear is freedom! Control is release! Contradiction is truth!"satsukibanner2.gif

BZPRPG Profiles

#3778 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 01:46 PM

Now that I think about this, I have a odd complicated way of managing this.

I create a character, with who he/she is currently, and then I think about who I want him/her to act in the end.  Then I create an overly complicated back story that I will show later.  From here on out I go with the flow of the game.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#3779 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 01:48 PM

And wasn't in ruins.

> you see nothing

> but this bar of gold

> i'm about to hand you

> wink wink

> nudge nudge 

#3780 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 01:57 PM

And wasn't in ruins.

> you see nothing

> but this bar of gold

> i'm about to hand you

> wink wink

> nudge nudge 

WAT.

No, bribery is my thing

You see your city burning, AND this bag of gold!

Edited by Aurora the cat, Nov 19 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#3781 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 02:22 PM

Haha.

That's cute.

Seriously, though, I'm just haaaaving fuuuuun Eyru. ;3

<3

#3782 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'd just like to remind you that I'm watching.Thus far, my dear fellows here have been nice enough to do my job for me. But if necessary, I will leave my world of homework behind and return to end you.Just something to bear in mind.:)

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#3783 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'd just like to remind you that I'm watching.Thus far, my dear fellows here have been nice enough to do my job for me. But if necessary, I will leave my world of homework behind and return to end you.Just something to bear in mind. :)

*Hands him gold bar*

LOOK OVER THERE

*Points at fire*

#3784 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'd just like to remind you that I'm watching.Thus far, my dear fellows here have been nice enough to do my job for me. But if necessary, I will leave my world of homework behind and return to end you.Just something to bear in mind. :)

you couldn't do that to me

3:

#3785 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 444 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 10:39 PM

Ummm... am I stupid, or did I just miss something? Why does Vezok have superpowers and mastery over several elements? Are the other Piraka similarly OP?

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#3786 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 10:50 PM

The Piraka have retained their third powers in this game.Vezok's is to copy the powers of people near him temporarily.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#3787 Offline Tabby: Toa of Cats

Tabby: Toa of Cats
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,277 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 11:01 PM

Vezok's ability really makes it best to face him with a Lesterin,Vortixx or something of the like. Kanohi are not something we've seen him copy.

It also make throwing tons of characters at him a really bad idea.

#3788 Online Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,920 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 11:06 PM

Vezok and Reidak seemed the most over-powered Piraka to me.

MTG Dual Colour

#3789 Offline Lloyd: the White Wolf

Lloyd: the White Wolf
  • Members
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,522 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 11:17 PM

On the one hand, yes, they're OP. On the other hand, the staff selected the people they felt wouldn't abuse that power.  So there's that.

:w:

#3790 Online Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,920 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 11:23 PM

And Good thing too.

MTG Dual Colour

#3791 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 998 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 11:29 PM

I looked at BS01 and talked to Gravity about the power usage thing. Vezok can copy several different powers at a time but he needs a to be near them and it is not instantaneous. Vezok copied all those powers when everybody was surrounding him, except for the fire powers. Those he got when he knocked out the Toa in the bar.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#3792 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 01:36 AM

Basically, what Silvan said above.  It also should be noted that he does not retain these copied powers for very long, nor does he gain the experience or mastery of the powers from those he copied them from.  Thus the simplistic attacks he resorts to when utilizing these powers.  His current mental state also plays a great part in the powers he copies.  E.g., he's not going to be able to use a Kanohi power if he's not in the right mind, as doing so takes mental focus.

#3793 Offline JL Zehvor

JL Zehvor
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,656 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 05:36 AM

On the one hand, yes, they're OP. On the other hand, the staff selected the people they felt wouldn't abuse that power.  So there's that.

:w:

im gonna blow your stuff

please dont blow my stuff

immaterial bribes winks winks nudges nudges

:3

I looked at BS01 and talked to Gravity about the power usage thing. Vezok can copy several different powers at a time but he needs a to be near them and it is not instantaneous. Vezok copied all those powers when everybody was surrounding him, except for the fire powers. Those he got when he knocked out the Toa in the bar.

Quoting BS01's sentence about it, "He also had the ability to absorb the powers of any creature in close proximity, store them, and then used them himself later on. He could only store a power for a few hours, but was capable of absorbing more than one power at once. "

Obviously I could be completely wrong, but my interpretation of 'store them' 'for a few hours' means that - similar to batteries - after the power has been absorbed, proximity is no longer required. It doesn't make any mention of not being instantaneous. Also, keep note that it says power, not elemental power. So that could lean either way.

Although I do hope it isn't OP to the point that Vezok doesn't even use up energy from himself for this. Even if he was "on par" with a regular Toa - and we are not playing regular Toa - it probably would get tiring soon.

Vezok and Reidak seemed the most over-powered Piraka to me.

Beat up Reidak, then vetrify him. 

Keeping an open mind about rping itself, I'm sure that Nuju and the others created these 'OP' powers fully expecting good players to be able to at least 'play' on even grounds. These guys don't hold a candle to Heuani (Though it may be because Heuani could kill you without permission lolol) and we've had characters face him in the face and be fine. To an extent.

That said, I wonder what the other Piraka will do now. See if they can pull of Vezok's skull in the mayhem or join in the frenzy for the fun? :o 

4774_zps6685bdf2.jpg

(╯◕_◕)╯fite me in halo ill rekt u

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#3794 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,030 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 06:15 AM

Bumrushing Heuani was the reason for the high death toll.

Remember kids! Don't bumrush the scary staff character!

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#3795 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 07:14 AM

you couldn't do that to me 3:
Watch me.I'm keeping track of y'all, and just like every fight, there will come a point where this one is too high profile for me not to send in a few Guards.And then we'll see how much fun you're having.:evilgrin:

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#3796 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 444 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 09:38 AM

Oh. I know that Vezok could copy powers, but I thought he needed to be attacked with them first. 

Thanks.

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#3797 Offline That Ghosthands is a spy

That Ghosthands is a spy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,750 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 09:47 AM

Woot, three more profiles up!  I've brought back Stralix (now working for the Ta-Koro Guard), and introduced the first two of my upcoming 'Wave 2' of characters: Kilanya, Toroshu of Clan Ageru, and Tazera, Commodore Ayiwah's SIC.

Speaking of which, actually, I suppose I should officially announce my second wave of RPG characters.  Previously, you see, I've been very attached to characters I've been playing for a long time; many of them since I first joined the RPG.  I've kept these characters through thick and thin, only rarely making additions (such as Korero) to their ranks.  Some I've tired of; The Illusionist, for example; others, such as Alak, are minor characters that barely got off the ground and are little more than ascended NPCs.

I am now grouping those that I still intend to play as into Wave 1 of my characters.  I know this may make them sound like toyshop-counter collectibles, but I don't care :P

The reason I am doing this is that with the advent of the Dasaka, I finally decided to make a bunch of new characters.  I've changed a lot as a person and as a writer since I joined the RPG, and my older characters - while still beloved - haven't always reflected how I've developed.  It is for this reason that I decided to commit to several new characters to explore, giving some much-needed freshness to my profiles while still keeping the old familiar faces around.  It remains to be seen whether I will have the time these days to keep up with a load of new PCs, but I will certainly try.

These new characters form Wave 2.

Wave 1:

• [color=#008000;]Korero[/color]
  • [color=#800000;]Merror[/color]
  • [color=#008080;]Echelon[/color]
  • [color=#0000ff;]Lohkar[/color]
  • [color=#8b4513;]Stralix[/color]
  • Zadron

Wave 2:

• [color=#000080;]Kilanya[/color]
  • [color=#0000cd;]Tazera[/color]
  • [color=#0000ff;]Enali[/color]
  • [color=#4b0082;]Gotsoko[/color]
  • [color=#0000cd;]Dakte[/color]
  • [color=#808080;]???[/color]

The first five of wave two will all be Kentoku characters; I'm working on Enali, Gotsoko and Datke's profiles currently.  The sixth, whose name I have withheld, is that very special character I hinted at previously ;)

tyler_sig_pastiche.png

#3798 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 10:06 AM

Cool story.  Though I have a question.  Directly before I infected le-koro, Korero commissioned for something to be made.  What was it?

#3799 Offline That Ghosthands is a spy

That Ghosthands is a spy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,750 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 10:15 AM

Cool story.  Though I have a question.  Directly before I infected le-koro, Korero commissioned for something to be made.  What was it?

Spoilers ;)

tyler_sig_pastiche.png

#3800 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 10:18 AM

Spoilers ;)

Dang you.....

Question, how would one contact and hire NEX.

Edited by Aurora the cat, Nov 20 2013 - 10:20 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users