BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

So...I took a look at the Dasaka clans we have right now, and I noticed that we don't seem to have a clan devoted to academics; specifically, stuff like math, physics, chemistry, astronomy, that sort of thing. We already have the Dastana for inventions, the Daikura for combat training, and the Eiyu for philosophy, but there doesn't seem to be a clan devoted to research and teaching. I also noticed that most of them are internally stable, with no major internal quarrels.So, I came up with the concept of Clan Kyōshi: formerly clan of education and discovery, now a clan in war with itself. The basic premise is that Clan Kyōshi, an offshoot family of the Dastana, was formerly the leading family in scientific and medical research as well as the Archipelago's top educators. However, the clan's Toroshu was gravely injured with no chance of recovery in the last Fursic uprising and with the exception of the First Son, no direct blood relatives remain, causing the clan's members to split into three (this number is subject to change) factions in a war of succession. These factions would essentially be mini clans, with different players other than the clan's creator (me) in charge of them, competing for the top position. The players RPing the faction leaders would be in charge of their own affairs while also trying to gain dominance of the whole group.So... Anybody interested?

EDIT: Stupid typos...

Edited by Man of Miracles

So...I took a look at the Dasaka clans we have right now, and I noticed that we don't seem to have a clan devoted to academics; specifically, stuff like math, physics, chemistry, astronomy, that sort of thing. We already have the Dastana for inventions, the Daikura for combat training, and the Eiyu for philosophy, but there doesn't seem to be a clan devoted to research and teaching. I also noticed that most of them are internally stable, with no major internal quarrels.So, I came up with the concept of Clan Kyōshi: formerly clan of education and discovery, now a clan in war with itself. The basic premise is that Clan Kyōshi, an offshopt family of the Dastana, was fornerly the leading family in scientific and medical research as well as the Aechipekago's top educators. However, the clan's Toroshu was gravely injured with no chance of recovery in the last Fursic uprising and with the exception of the First Son, no direct blood relatives remain, causing the clan's members to split into three (this number is subject to change) factions in a war of succession. These factions would essentially be mini clans, with different players other than the clan's creator (me) in charge of them, competing for the top position. The players RPing the faction leaders would be in charge of their own affairs while also trying to gain dominance of the whole group.So... Anybody interested?

I for one think this sounds pretty nifty. Also I've noticed that we have no pro-Fursic clans. What's wrong with being a little dangerous?

test2.png

Also, Aurus was a definite typo this time. It should have been spelled Aerus. I guess I need one wrong name each time. :P

If we count enunciation, then you got at least 2 others wrong.

you said both Xaron and Crasaro wrong (though that is how most people would say their names, however). I just added how to actually pronounce all of my people's names, minus 2-3 (One which is a name that has an official way to say it, the other...i have no idea how to say it myself.)

so yeah

just pointing that out there.

(Zerin/Xerin does sound like a cool name, though. Might use it...eventually.)

EDIT: And I just realized that I sounded like a total Jamaican-style chicken when I said that. No matter, it's a very valuable asset and good for keeping track of everything without reading it all.

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Yes, and further map-making discussion is welcome to occur in my blog post. I leave the character art mainly to the fabulous members of the community who want to color the world beyond the written world. I just want to pin down the architecture. :P

If you're all very good I might have something for Christmas/end of the year holidays.

Edited by Kughii

So...I took a look at the Dasaka clans we have right now, and I noticed that we don't seem to have a clan devoted to academics; specifically, stuff like math, physics, chemistry, astronomy, that sort of thing. We already have the Dastana for inventions, the Daikura for combat training, and the Eiyu for philosophy, but there doesn't seem to be a clan devoted to research and teaching. I also noticed that most of them are internally stable, with no major internal quarrels.So, I came up with the concept of Clan Kyōshi: formerly clan of education and discovery, now a clan in war with itself. The basic premise is that Clan Kyōshi, an offshopt family of the Dastana, was fornerly the leading family in scientific and medical research as well as the Aechipekago's top educators. However, the clan's Toroshu was gravely injured with no chance of recovery in the last Fursic uprising and with the exception of the First Son, no direct blood relatives remain, causing the clan's members to split into three (this number is subject to change) factions in a war of succession. These factions would essentially be mini clans, with different players other than the clan's creator (me) in charge of them, competing for the top position. The players RPing the faction leaders would be in charge of their own affairs while also trying to gain dominance of the whole group.So... Anybody interested?

I for one think this sounds pretty nifty. Also I've noticed that we have no pro-Fursic clans. What's wrong with being a little dangerous?
Getting a little dangerous never got Bobsaka the Builder anywhere.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Ah my lovely little plot with Syvra.. I will admit i don't think anyone knows what i have instore with him..

Also noteworthy news i feel is that Syvra was able to finnally get his weapon made 'Akrei's Thorn'. But Kughii i must say i it amazing how your able to find all the key news.

Oh and this reminds me Is anyone allowed to approach the Abbettor if they are able to get through the Darkwalk?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yes. Ignitus and JL are doing so now.The forging of akrei's thorn happened prior to this week in real life, so it was excluded from the podcast. I did not ignore syvra or his sword though. :)

Lol yeah i did forget about that..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Speaking of the vault, I think all the recent info on the Dasaka and Kentoku might be able to shed some light on the riddle. Not completely solve it, but give a few more possible clues. Since we've just had a big new infodump, I figured it was time that somebody had another crack at this in light of what we've learned.

Across an endless ocean

Beyond where minds can see

My key likes in the open

Where you will never be

Beneath the brightest thunder

Stand towers of the day

The light may break asunder

If night skies choose obey

The red sign on black eyes

Will lead you to your prize

"Across and endless ocean" could easily read as "somewhere in the Kentoku Archipelago". With all the big deal that has been made of the place, it has to be important somehow. And really, how many other places do we know about on the other side of that much water?

"Beyond where minds can see" is an interesting part. Note that it says minds. Minds, not eyes. Menti of the Sighteye discipline can deceive sight, but they do not act on the eyes, which can still see fine, but on the mind, which is prevented from seeing what is in plain sight. Maybe the vault's key is hidden by a Sighteye?

"Where you will never be" is difficult, because with the way things are heading, Mata Nuians probably will get to Kentoku eventually. I guess that Makuta, or Mata Nui, or the Abettor, or whoever else wrote the riddle underestimated them. Even they can be wrong sometimes? This problem could be solved by some Dasaka bringing tthe key themselves, so MN characters would never have to go there, but that doesn't seem so good to me. It's just a hunch I can't really explain.

"Towers of the day" might, at a stretch, might refer to the columns of sunlight reflected from the imperial palace on Sado. here's the description from the Kentoku topic for reference:

From a distance, Sado looks like a complex gem, and its structures are oriented to catch the sun at all times of day and shine it back up into the sky, creating beautiful patterns against the clouds.

Possibly a really strong flash of lightning ("beneath the brightest thunder") could create similar reflections, and maybe they would form a pattern? That would be very cool, but I'm clutching at straws here. there's not much real evidence.

I'd love to be able to link the "red sign on black eyes" to the kanohi dragons somehow, just for the awesomeness factor, but I can't think of how just yet.

So those are my thoughts. Has anyone else seen something I missed? Any other interpretations? Critiques? Counter-arguments? I can't be the only one who is thinking about this, so feel free to chip in.

ppg2.png

Or it could just be a call for Dorian Shaddix.

He's never been seen in the same room with the Dark Knight, now has he?

A handsome playboy turns to using dark means to bring justice because his family was killed when he was young.

IT ALL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE

I have wronged each and every one of you. In my absence, I no doubt tossed a wrench in a few plots and plans for a little while. My family has experienced serious issues lately... I've had personal issues dealing with it myself. Most of you know why my personal issues have kept me from the game before. However, I do apologize for abruptly abandoning the game without warning. I understand that the game has moved on without me, and I absolutely understand if anyone holds a grudge against me for leaving like I did. I understand that continuing to play the BZPRPG would mean starting over from scratch, and I accept that. So I offer my deepest apologies for my absence...Will you have me back?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I have wronged each and every one of you. In my absence, I no doubt tossed a wrench in a few plots and plans for a little while. My family has experienced serious issues lately... I've had personal issues dealing with it myself. Most of you know why my personal issues have kept me from the game before. However, I do apologize for abruptly abandoning the game without warning. I understand that the game has moved on without me, and I absolutely understand if anyone holds a grudge against me for leaving like I did. I understand that continuing to play the BZPRPG would mean starting over from scratch, and I accept that. So I offer my deepest apologies for my absence...Will you have me back?

You've wronged nobody in my book, KNI. Real Life must always take priority. I'm just happy to be able to welcome you back! :)

And you've chosen the perfect time to return, really. We've just had a relatively small timeskip, as you may know, so you can re-start your characters pretty much anywhere you want. The outcome of the TJ/Legacy confrontation has been decided, btw (we never got around to RPing it) so if you need to discuss Kyju's fate we'll be available on Skype.

Again, welcome back!

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

KNI HAII'll save the glomp for when you return to Skype. And the handcuffs.Because you're never allowed to leave again.:)

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Sure! Welcome back!:)

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013