BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Ok, so there's an activity check thing I need to focus on, but once I get that out of the way I'm gonna get down to business with Tukeli.

That means getting her bio/reference finished, figuring out a plan for her, what I'll be doing with her next, maybe some art if I can get around to it in time.

I take these things seriously.  Looking forward to getting more involved with BZPRPG.  ^^

*glances at recent posts* Maybe I need to terrorize her with some Rahkshi for a start.  XD Or not.  

Edited by Pancake

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

Well, the Rahkshi wouldn't kill me, they'd just infect my Kanohi.

And since Makuta is dead, there isn't any will to overpower mine, so since they'd recognize me as an ally but my will is my own, I would then have the ability to roam freely throughout the Dark Walk and Mangaia.

Edit: Wait. Do the Ga-Koro Marines have jurisdiction in Ko-Wahi?

Edited by flynn58

And since Makuta is dead, there isn't any will to overpower mine, so since they'd recognize me as an ally but my will is my own, I would then have the ability to roam freely throughout the Dark Walk and Mangaia.

Edit: Wait. Do the Ga-Koro Marines have jurisdiction in Ko-Wahi?

No, they'd kill you. These are wild rahkshi, not under the control of Makuta. They don't care about infection masks, only killing anything that enters their domain. Nice try, but that loophole doesn't exist.

As for the marines, no, they technically don't. But they are good friends with the Sanctum Guard of Ko-Wahi, so mess with one and you'll have them all after you.

ppg2.png

That would be an issue.

Except for the fact that now, I've weaseled my way to Ta-Wahi.

ENJOY THE CHASE, EMISSARY!

Just a note, is 150 widgets an appropriate amount for a small boat? If not, I'll change it, it's not really important.

No... I do not think 150 widgets is anywhere near proper for a small boat... but how small of a boat are we talking? Canoe or dingy?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hmm... well then you have several options. You could have a Sloop, which is your basic sailboat of which most have a 'below deck'. However that would still run you a nice sum of widgets.Though I can't give an official amount, certainly somewhere in the 5,000 to 20,000 widgets would be my guess. But of course i am sure there are others who are more knowledgeable on this topic than I. Also even a sloop would be... difficult to man alone especially if you hit turbulent waters.

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

5.23 Widgets to 1 Crystal Dragon, but I'll give you 5.5 for 1. The traders are dumping their worhtless Dragons now, and if you wanna wise up to the Onu-Matoran traders on Pakari Street you'll do so too. Invest in bonds and capital assets, trust me, they're worth it when the housing bubble bursts by next year.

Money is kind of abstracted here in a timey-wimey way. Like, 1 blargh worthwhile favour to 10 hoobidy widgets.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

I'm pretty sure that the general gist of it on the BZPRPG is that the actual value in numbers is seconded in favour of simply describing the worth/reasonableness of the value. Many times, this is highly situational and loopy - in one interaction a good deal for an object could be 50 widgets, but in another interaction an object of the same worth could be written as costing 500 widgets, but the character could still find it a good deal - simply because it was meant to be described as such. In the end the important thing is that how reasonable the cost is to the worth of the subject is describe; personally I'd just make it up or just go with the flow.

I guess the main rule is common sense here. Don't go absurd with having a simple meal cost a googolplex of widgets or something.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

No, they'd kill you. These are wild rahkshi, not under the control of Makuta. They don't care about infection masks, only killing anything that enters their domain. Nice try, but that loophole doesn't exist.

Another thing: while Rahkshi are NPCs that any player can decide to have appear/attack them in a post, the rules in Friar Tuck's guide about NPCs are especially pertinent when facing such powerful foes as wild Rahkshi. Rahkshi aren't NPCs that are as strong as you: they're NPCS that are stronger than you. If I see someone playing with fire and forgetting to get burned, I'll be sure to fix that pretty quickly.

• Upvote 2

test2.png

Like, 1 blargh worthwhile favour to 10 hoobidy widgets.

Wait, what? The exchange rate on hoobidy widgets fell that much? I'm going to need to start talking with the Onu equivalent of J.P. Morgan.

On a (slightly) more serious note; if a player was to, say, begin posting in Kentoku after all this time, what sort of information would they need to understand the current situation(s)? (Perhaps a Wiki page exists?)

Edited by Kilgore Trout

pNNgXax.jpg

Uh, I wasn't buying the boat. I was selling the boat.

And I sold it for only 150 widgets.

When you said 5000 would be appropriate.

:annoyed:

Screw it let's retcon it to 5000 nobody else has even posted in Ko-Wahi anyways.

Edited by flynn58

Uh, I noticed CeeMatrix posting as Tymek in Po-Wahi that his Toa of Water drained all liquid from within an attacking Rahkshi - however, I thought Rahkshi are basically hollow shells with a single slug-like kraata as a "pilot" - would desiccating a Rahkshi be feasible?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Uh, I noticed CeeMatrix posting as Tymek in Po-Wahi that his Toa of Water drained all liquid from within an attacking Rahkshi - however, I thought Rahkshi are basically hollow shells with a single slug-like kraata as a "pilot" - would desiccating a Rahkshi be feasible?

Whether it would be feasible depends on whether or not the rule regarding the use of powers in the body would be applicable here. Probably something to ask Nuju, as I believe it would be applicable, but I've seen some disagree. Beyond that, however, it would require a relatively high degree of concentration, something a Rahkshi isn't going to allow one to have long enough to take such an action.

Granted, this is my analysis; a PM to the player to discuss it might be a good course of action, in this specific situation. Again, however, some of it depends on a certain rule's interpretation.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That would be an issue.

Except for the fact that now, I've weaseled my way to Ta-Wahi.

206oraq.jpg

That's a dangerously auto-hitty use of powers, whatever the IC explanation. And yes, I think it ought to take extreme effort, because you'd have to suck all the water out of each individual cell in the Kraata, which would take extreme levels of control and concentration.

• Upvote 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Correction: It was a Kane-Ra, not a Rahkshi.

I just brought it up here because I'm a noob and wasn't sure how "auto-hitty" that was. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Sooooo I just weaseled my way to Le-Koro.

Hey Emissary, you enjoying this chase?

Ha ha ha I get it!

It's funny because you're a lazy RPer who's defying all the laws of a fair player contest.

-Tyler

• Upvote 7

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Flynn - a quick tip. If you have something to say that really only applies to one other person, use a PM. Posting that kind of thing here clutters up this topic and makes EW (currently going by EmperessYumiwa) sad and mad. You don't want to be on the end of that.

• Upvote 6

ppg2.png

Flynn, hey, hi, mate, it's me, your old friend, the guy who mercilessly slaughtered your characters for rulebreaking in his TBRPG a way, way, way long time ago without an ounce of regret and MUCH, much more than an ounce of pride.

I have bad news and bad news. First bad news is that you have not changed a bit. Second bad news is that you are a step away from repeating your cycle of misfortune, and all the carnage (for you) and entertainment (for us) that comes with it. Self-deprecatory morons have a habit of saying that history repeats itself. I await this particular repeat with trepidation, I must say.
-Dovydas

• Upvote 4

Aaaaaaaaaaaactually...

Akiri of Ta-Koro here. You haven't. Firstly, there isn't a monorail to Le-Koro; in fact, the monorail itself isn't even operating properly at the moment. There isn't a cable car, either. If you want to get to Le-Koro, you'll be on foot. A Ussal crab if you're lucky. Secondly, moving through Ta-Koro isn't nearly that easy right now. There's been a major attack recently, which means the guard is out in full force, and the streets are filled with people hurrying around to deal with one problem or another. 

Secondly, speaking as a player right now, you're distinctly violating the bounds of what could be called fair play. In the time since this 'chase' began, your character has gone from Ga, to Ko, to Ta, and now to Le. In this time, your pursuers haven't even left Ga. This, due to the way BZPTime works, could be excused, if KNI and Void were just taking forever to do things, and you were stopping to interact with characters along the way. You haven't been. In this case, you actually exited and entered a topic in a single post. While there isn't strictly a rule against it, that's pretty far from acceptable.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG