BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Do the Rahkshi live in packs? Can I just kill a pack leader to take control of a horde?

Only in the Po-Wahi Dark Walk, and only in groups of about half a dozen or so, and only if you survive, which you won't.

Oh, and for the Dark Walk skeptics: this has nothing to do with the Piraka at all, and I mean that in a totally legit "no ironic emphasis on the word nothing" kind of way. So: WHY are the Rahkshi and (assumedly) the Bulls working together?

: )

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Well, two points:

1. Wild Rahkshi, so probably not even packs. Even if they moved in packs: Tyler clarified above this post.

2. Killing Rahkshi was and still is the absolute most difficult fighting thing possible here. A staff member would have to play it and, befitting its status, would play the Rahkshi extremely competently and dangerously. Realistically speaking: death is the most likely outcome. And these are theoretical pack leaders. It would turn your character into a stain on the wall. So...

I don't recommended it.

On a related note, I wish to see how the bulls control the spawn of Makuta.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

To clarify further, all Rahkshi other than those ones currently in the dark walk are wild Rahkshi. They are separate and without purpose, rather than being united by the single driving will of the Makuta. These wild rahkshi might occasionally be found in twos and threes, but generally, they live alone and will attack their own kind of they come to close.

This territoriality is largely what saved the koros at the end of the last arc. They were being attacked by hordes of Makuta-controlled Rahkshi, but as soon as Makuta was defeated, the Rahkshi all turned on each other. More were killed by their own brothers than by the villages' defenders.

ppg2.png

Oh, and for the Dark Walk skeptics: this has nothing to do with the Piraka at all, and I mean that in a totally legit "no ironic emphasis on the word nothing" kind of way. So: WHY are the Rahkshi and (assumedly) the Bulls working together?

Is it too far-fetched an assumption that it's all Karzahni fault?

But you all just said it's taking months for the Dark Walk stuff to unfold.

And there were a limited number of spots.

And they all closed months ago.

So is there no way for any new players to get involved with the main plot of the BZPRPG?

This isn't the main plot. It's a quest - which literally any staff member can start at any time. You don't see me running four or five of them at a time because I don't have the energy or inclination to put every single idea I have into motion. I like to do things. I like to go out with friends. Play sports. Watch sports. Go to the beach. Go on dates. 

All of which are things that I won't have nearly as much time for when I'm off to college in springtime. Hence, not as many quests. 

I'm not giving anyone the cold shoulder here. I sent out three messages when the Dark Walk quest started, and over a dozen characters picked them up and organized in groups to go on the quest. There was days - a week, maybe two weeks even - of prior warning before the quest started. Everyone who wanted to go on the quest at the time is on the quest. Don't you dare accuse me of blocking anyone here when my entire staff tenure has been about getting as many people involved in the plot as possible in the time I have to do it. 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

As one of the people who organized a quest group, I can back Tyler up on this- he was all inclusive and specifically left no one out, all this purely out of generosity.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Flynn, here's a couple quest ideas you could have your PC look into:

-matoro's assassination. Very few characters have a good guess of who and why, and even fewer know the answers. If you like dark and dangerous this could be a good place to start. A place good quest start would be going to the sanctum guard for clues. Maybe the player who runs Sukot urn vuyok can help, or ask for Korzaa the guard captain.

-solve the riddle of the vault. This is part of the main staff quest for the arc and is open to everyone at this time. Just remember putting your character on the path of a staff quest is basically saying "give them character development or give them death." Which, when thought from a player perspective could also be CD. Case in point: Cael.

• Upvote 1

What's happening with the Dark Walk?

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Rahkshi have been dealt with and the Sentinel group are talking to the only living people found down there as of yet.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Codex_ME_-_Hanar.png

It's all so clear now. The Great Spirit knew that evil was approaching, so he breached the dimensional barrier to enlist the help of Blasto, the first Hanar Spectre. But in an unforeseen twist, the Hanar was infected by the Antidermis, warping its mind and enhancing its already potent abilities. By attempting to stop the threat, Mata Nui unleashed another one.

This one suggests running.

Alright, fun aside, I am looking forward to seeing where this goes. Antidermis has been hinted as being a pretty big factor in how this plot plays out, and this teaser cements that. Especially since those are pretty clearly faucets, which means this is a pretty darn big container of Antidermis. Since we don't know for sure how the stuff works here, it'll be especially fascinating to see not just how it will affect things, but how it works. Plus, it'll be a nice shakeup of the status quo.

tl;dr I'm looking forward to this.

• Upvote 8

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG