BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Except the Inika, to my knowledge, isn't necessarily even going in the same direction as the Archipelago, because no one on Mata Nui even knows where to go. When you consider just how much they would have to remain on a very, very direct course, not even realizing that that's the direction they would need to go to do so.

Don't mean to tell you not to contemplate it; it's an idea with interesting potential. But I would take it up with the staff, not the other vessel. :P

Actually the crew of The Inika is well aware of their position at sea. They follow the Red Star and they have some talented navigators aboard. Also, when we asked Nuju where the Red Star is, he told us to decide for ourselves, if I remember correctly. And we chose the direction to be east, towards Kentoku. So the random direction argument is not a reason for The Inika to not reach Kentoku. Other staff-related issues might arise though.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Well, if you think about it, it could be West or East. Either way would work, since if you stay on course, you'll still eventually reach your destination. That is, if you feel like circumnavigating the entire globe...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So, been browsing the profile topic for tech...  The majority seem to be guns or zamor launchers with varying effect.  Have to say, Jin's electrical shock devices are pretty nifty...

Would anyone be interested in a list of all the foreign tech so far created?

• Upvote 2

I'm going for the antidermis myself, but I think a list of all of the tech items would still make for an interesting read.

Please, enlighten us.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The underlying threat being that none of those plans bode well for us players?

Ah, true.

Our characters may be in for the long haul, but at least us sadistic player peoples get to enjoy ourselves. 

Well, if you think about it, it could be West or East. Either way would work, since if you stay on course, you'll still eventually reach your destination. That is, if you feel like circumnavigating the entire globe...

I doubt that Kentoku is on the other side of the planet.

This also brings up an interesting question... how long would a trip around the planet be? I'm sure it's not something anyone could survive with limited supplies, but it would be interesting to know how large the worlds is.

Also, how long are Kentoku and Mata Nui apart approximately? When compared to real-life distances?

It might as well be on the other side of the planet... if you take the long way around.

And as for the real-life distances between Mata Nui and Kentoko, I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "too far to swim".

That's just my guess, though, so please don't take my word for it. Who knows, maybe you can swim there?

Hmm. So I was thinking about Plasma as an element, and I would like confirmation that I'm not taking it too far:

The primary use of Plasma is to create directional superheated plasma. However, in theory you could create or control any plasma.

So, you could also make supercooled plasma, but you kinda have to specialize in one or the other, in order to be conservative in power.

Lastly, you can make harmless plasma for light, such as Neon and Fluorine. I'm thinking like the Neon power in InFamous 2, but just for light.

The times, they are a-changing...

I'm new here, so i don't know all of the details of the plot and characters..

Who are the Toa Inika in this RPG? Are they the Toa Maru? If not, where are the Maru now? Where is the Mask of Stories? I'm trying to catch up to you guys by reading the wiki and all the other plot info the staff has written, but I'm missing out on those details.

Also, is there really a sand storm in Po-Wahi? I will have to keep that in mind if that's the case. Are there any other things I should know? I already managed to make a Vortixx character start on Kentoku Archipelago..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Well, considering that The Inika has already spent over a month sailing there, I think it's safe to assume that no one can just swim there.

Is that a month in our time, or a month in RPG time? I hear there's kind of a major difference. 

Hmm. So I was thinking about Plasma as an element, and I would like confirmation that I'm not taking it too far:

The primary use of Plasma is to create directional superheated plasma. However, in theory you could create or control any plasma.

So, you could also make supercooled plasma, but you kinda have to specialize in one or the other, in order to be conservative in power.

Lastly, you can make harmless plasma for light, such as Neon and Fluorine. I'm thinking like the Neon power in InFamous 2, but just for light.

That all sounds scientifically accurate, in theory (or, you know, as scientifically accurate as you can get with Bionicle). I read the BS01 page on plasma a while back, and it doesn't say too much, probably because the power doesn't feature in the story very much.

But in answer to your question:

In theory, yes, it all sound realistic to me, but since I'm nobody special, you should probably take it up with a staffy person for confirmation.

I'm new here, so i don't know all of the details of the plot and characters..

Who are the Toa Inika in this RPG? Are they the Toa Maru? If not, where are the Maru now? Where is the Mask of Stories? I'm trying to catch up to you guys by reading the wiki and all the other plot info the staff has written, but I'm missing out on those details.

Also, is there really a sand storm in Po-Wahi? I will have to keep that in mind if that's the case. Are there any other things I should know? I already managed to make a Vortixx character start on Kentoku Archipelago..

• No Inika in this game; the Matoran who would have become the Inika in canon (aside from Matoro, who was killed on the orders of one of the Four Peers) are all serving as the Akiri of their respective villages instead.
  • The Toa Maru are the spiritual successors of the Toa Mata (referred to in this game as the First Toa) and are currently all headed back to their home Koro after fighting off the Piraka. 
  • Stannis is wearing the Hiripaki right now, but I do feel like it bears repeating that nobody on Mata Nui - save for Stannis and Joske - know exactly what the Mask of Stories does, not even his fellow Maru, and that it's quite a source of tension between the team members.
  • Yes, sandstorm in Po-Wahi. In addition, there are a couple Piraka (with Rahkshi underlings) who appear to be marching on Onu-Koro right now. But they haven't revealed themselves yet.

I'd also advise that, if you haven't yet, the New Player topic is a much more condensed version of any important information you may find on the Wiki (though obviously if you like anything on the Wiki and want to update it, feel free!) and that you could probably find anything you want or need to know in that topic instead.

-Tyler

• Upvote 8

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Well, considering that The Inika has already spent over a month sailing there, I think it's safe to assume that no one can just swim there.

Is that a month in our time, or a month in RPG time? I hear there's kind of a major difference.

RPG time. It's almost been half a year of our actual real-life time. :P

Edited by Toatapio Nuva
  • Upvote 2

Piraka marching on Ono-Koro, huh? I guess Ta-Koro isn't the only village those crazy sadists are going to destroy before this is all over. 

Ono-Koro, huh? I guess Ta-Koro isn't the only village those crazy sadists are going to destroy before this is all over. 

ono the piraka are comings

Stannis is wearing the Hiripaki right now, but I do feel like it bears repeating that nobody on Mata Nui - save for Stannis and Joske - know exactly what the Mask of Stories does, not even his fellow Maru, and that it's quite a source of tension between the team members.

Alright c'mon Kentoku-an intellectuals, time to look for info on the Hiripaki there.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Thanks Tyler, that cleared up many things. I did read the story on the new player page, but it didn't really talk much about what happened to the Toa Maru after they defeated Makuta. I knew about the Akiri as well, which is why I was confused about people talking about the Inika. I guess that isn't important then.

Piraka attack on Onu-Koro? This is going to get interesting..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Note to Twelfth Ghosthands and anyone else who was thinking of getting involved in the Ta-Koro alleyway scuffle:

Unfortunately, the fight's probably going to be a bit slower because I'm currently in the process of moving today, and the new place won't have internet until Monday (hopefully). Sorry for any inconveniences.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Okay friends!

Due to my extreme lack of activity in general, I plan to redeem myself. I'd like to weed out a few of my weak characters and make new ones. I also would like to get more involved in general with in-game organizations and the like.

So...

Seeing as I havent been in the loop for a while, and catching up with everything would be next to impossible, I would like to put myself out there for anyone who is:

a) bored and seeking interaction, preferably planned and long-term interaction

b) looking to recruit another member for a certain group or organization and wouldnt mind filling me in on details

Thanks, and keep up the splendid writing!

~Req

• Upvote 2

Except the Inika, to my knowledge, isn't necessarily even going in the same direction as the Archipelago, because no one on Mata Nui even knows where to go. When you consider just how much they would have to remain on a very, very direct course, not even realizing that that's the direction they would need to go to do so.

Don't mean to tell you not to contemplate it; it's an idea with interesting potential. But I would take it up with the staff, not the other vessel. :P

Actually the crew of The Inika is well aware of their position at sea. They follow the Red Star and they have some talented navigators aboard. Also, when we asked Nuju where the Red Star is, he told us to decide for ourselves, if I remember correctly. And we chose the direction to be east, towards Kentoku. So the random direction argument is not a reason for The Inika to not reach Kentoku. Other staff-related issues might arise though.

Yes, it's entirely possible (and even likely) that the Inika is headed due East. But the likelihood that Kentoku is exactly in that same direction, let alone that the Ryu is taking a course that will take it into just the right path to bump into the Inika is... Well, not impossible, but pretty low. Especially since they usually travel underwater.

But, that's not the point I'm getting at; my point is that you're better suited talking to the staff about whether something like that can happen, rather than the person commanding the vessel. :)

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That awkward moment when you completely misinterpret something someone's said IC...

His Magistrate, Judicature of the Peace, Queen's Arm of Justice,

His Royal Seeker of the Truth, may he forever bring honor through just punishment.

Protector and Brother of the Rora, her Imperial Majesty,

Presenting the Imperial Executioner, Menti Battlemaster of Clan Umbraline,

Rayuke.

Well kids, it's time to introduce a new player into the fold: The Imperial Executioner. His profile can be found here. He is a staff character played by me, hopefully adding some new elements to this otherwise crazy political climate. That said, I would request a favor:

I would like an assistant for Rayuke.

It's for two reasons: one, someone like him cannot possibly do everything his office requires (at least not in this current ever-shifting situation), and second (and more importantly) I do not have a full understanding one who is who and what is what in the Dasaka world! :???: This individual would be helping both player and character come up to speed on recent events and help me sort out everything that has been going on. If you have a character that meets the description as a proper aide to this type of charrie, or if you wish to create one specifically for this purpose, please PM me with the character proposal and I will choose from there.

I look forward to working with whomever this person(s) will be and playing with you all in the Kentoku Archipelago!

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Okay, so, just a heads up to everyone I'm currently interacting with. Tonight I'm leaving on a month-long holiday to Italy, and I'm not certain how often I'll have internet access during this time. I'll post when I can, but if I'm not around, feel free to sort of shunt me along with the story, and I'll rejoin when I can. 

So, yeah, I apologise in advance to those currently with Natharius and Lash. I'll try to be around when I can. I've recently thrown two new characters into Ta-Koro and Onu-Koro, namely Zaara and Reson, so don't bother starting any interactions with them, as I won't be around to respond to them.

So again, sorry. I'll be online when I can to follow-up on whatever it was we were last doing.