BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

All I've got are a couple of NPC kills from the Ko-Koro prison fight, and I still got the snot kicked out of me.

Killing PC's is hard...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

:bah-sign:  MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

That is really awkward...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I think the rest of us are chanting Echelon...

On a more serious note, what kind of armaments do vessels have in the BZPRPG?

Do cannons exist, or do we use something else? 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

I am very bad at letting my own characters go. Don't think I've ever had a single PC of mine die...

...but it's never too late to start :evilgrin:

cue tyler chanting 'korero'

for 45 cents a day you can save this korero 

kill merror

Also: when one of your PCs has killed four or five other PCs, it starts to lose its luster. In the end, it's a pretty cheap thrill unless you want to use it for long-term CD.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I think if some kind staff member gives you a Toa stone, you can turn your character into a Toa.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to go and do it yourself...

I tend to go for quality over quantity when I kill, be it PC or NPC. It's not about the number, it's about how memorable they were.

Take Verulas' flashback sequence for example. He didn't kill any PC's, but he did kill four Matoran as an enslaved pit fighter, cut the throats of an entire bandit camp while they were sleeping, and left their disemboweled leader to be torn appart by his own hunting dogs, all before becoming a Toa.

If he ever got his hands on a PC, I wouldn't want to be in their position.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

On a more serious note, what kind of armaments do vessels have in the BZPRPG?

Do cannons exist, or do we use something else? 

I think bamboo disk launchers plus some cannons.

No cannons. This was a ruling Nuju made a while back, but I don't think many people heard about it because there are so few player-controlled warships in the BZPRPG.

Cannons fall under the kind of gunpowder weaponry we were talking about earlier, and that's why the bossman doesn't want them around. Instead, ships tend to be armed with heavy disk launchers. The typical, anti-materiel heavy launcher is actually quite similar to a cannon in size, shape and function: it's basically a big disk launcher mounted on a wheeled base. It fires disks just like an ordinary launcher, but with much more power, and so large metal disks can be used.

I think there may also be the option of rapid-fire launchers equipped with a clip of ordinary disks, for anti-personnel purposes (as seen on the Kahu in MNOG) but I'm not sure.

True story: up until that ruling, the Infernavika did have cannons. I had to have a saboteur sneak aboard the ship and make them all disappear. Lohkar hasn't had a chance to acquire a set of heavy launchers yet, so the 'Vika isn't actually carrying any guns at the moment, which is a wee bit of a problem given that we're currently in ship-to-ship combat with some much less classy pirates. Lohkar's solution? Hijack one of the enemy ships, use their launchers, and then ram it into the enemy flagship.

Fun times.

Or rather, it would be fun times if things were actually happening (WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE GRAVITY).

I think we have steam cannons in Onu?

Yeah, the Ussalry has some fancy steam weapons to guard their tunnels. They're a special Koro-owned technology though, like the Ta-Koro monorail or the Le-Koro chute system, so they're not freely available to players.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I'll be getting Wisdom teeth out, so I'll be off for several days.

Oh, and it's actually Patero Cannons the Ussalry has.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Then you get roast chicken? 

Well, the eggs have to have come from somewhere, so I'd assume we have some kind of small, domesticated Rahi bird...

I'm more of a fan of TTV's Makuta-Burger myself.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I am very bad at letting my own characters go. Don't think I've ever had a single PC of mine die...

...but it's never too late to start :evilgrin:

cue tyler chanting 'korero'

for 45 cents a day you can save this korero 

kill merror

Also: when one of your PCs has killed four or five other PCs, it starts to lose its luster. In the end, it's a pretty cheap thrill unless you want to use it for long-term CD.

-Tyler

^ this.

I've killed about a dozen PC's over the course of my work and Tyler's right - it does lose it's luster after a while. Granted, its been a while since I've done it so I wouldn't mind knocking off a player or two, but  yeah... generally after your first one it gets less exciting unless done right and with purpose :P

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

So... what I'm getting from this is that you guys have killed so many PC's it isn't even fun anymore? 

When I say OOC reputation it is more along the lines of "That's the character who killed Keller. I had better be careful if one of my characters fight them."

Sure it might stop meaning something to you every time you off a PC but every time it happens it reminds everybody else why they don't want to mess with whatever character of yours that did it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1