BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Have the Sanctum Guard been defeated? Wasn't it implied that they retreated to their barracks and are still holding them?

The Sanctum Guard is, largely, in disarray. The force holding the gate has broken, Korzaa has been kidnapped, and the Sanctum's been breached. The Guard has not, in its entirety, been defeated; the head has been cut off, so to speak, so the rest of it isn't organized enough to offer coordinated resistance. At this point, it's all small clusters of defense.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

It is going on right now and you could join it if you wanted to. The chances of saving the koro without help from the other villages is somewhat slim though and it has already been said that any help sent from the other koro would arrive too late to do anything.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Dastan, welcome to the community of role-players in the BZPRPG.  If you have any game-related questions regarding rules or player creation, please direct your eye to the NEW PLAYER topic, RULES topic, and CHARACTER PROFILES topic for a more than lengthy answer to almost any FAQ.  Feel free to send me a PM if you've got any more questions, or jump right to the staff; they don't bite, generally speaking, and are by far the best source for rules and regulations on any subject.

Yes, trying would be the right thing for those who oppose the darkness.  However, in war like the kind we're facing here, there's a moment when an enemy is routed: they turn and run, trying to keep themselves alive and falling out of rank.  This generally ends in a bloodbath.  In sieges, an opposing force commonly pillages the place for days or weeks after breaking through defenses.  Guards would know this information, and the mad grab to get the villagers to safety before the village falls and becomes a massacre is perhaps the most honorable thing to do at this time.  The village may fall, but its people and culture will remain.

Make sure you can trust this team to stick with you if ya do

i got bullied and beat up because i had no friends

it was 6th grade all over again

Sounds harsh...

Still, to trust a team, I'll first have to find one. Or at least a partner. Getting in such a mess without someone to cover your back sounds less than attractive, if you ask me.

Dastan, welcome to the community of role-players in the BZPRPG.  If you have any game-related questions regarding rules or player creation, please direct your eye to the NEW PLAYER topic, RULES topic, and CHARACTER PROFILES topic for a more than lengthy answer to almost any FAQ.  Feel free to send me a PM if you've got any more questions, or jump right to the staff; they don't bite, generally speaking, and are by far the best source for rules and regulations on any subject.

Yes, trying would be the right thing for those who oppose the darkness.  However, in war like the kind we're facing here, there's a moment when an enemy is routed: they turn and run, trying to keep themselves alive and falling out of rank.  This generally ends in a bloodbath.  In sieges, an opposing force commonly pillages the place for days or weeks after breaking through defenses.  Guards would know this information, and the mad grab to get the villagers to safety before the village falls and becomes a massacre is perhaps the most honorable thing to do at this time.  The village may fall, but its people and culture will remain.

Thank you for such a warm welcoming) I have already read these topics, and found them very usefull to start playing. In case of what, I'll humbly PM you or the staff)

Wiser words haven't been spoken, Kughii. Though still... It is hard to admit, that this battle is lost, and there's nothing left for us to do but to flee from the battlefield in efforts to minimize casualties. Ko-Koro will never be the same...

Edited by Dastan

"...A sword-waving somebody." - NatoGreavesy

BZPRPG Profiles

Speaking of the Ko-Koro battle, which of the Makuta Followers could most use a bit of help right now? Karemo's at a loose end, so when he rejoins the battle, he might as well go to the aid of someone who needs it.

There are some makuta worshipers near the hospital...

Mortem and Dayeth that is...Mortem is badly wounded outside, and Dayeth is tied up inside.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

You just have to come up for a reason for Karemo to leave the wonderful chance to loot Ko-koro and travel the mile between the the koro and the hospital. Its not like he would know there was a fight going on.

Edit: Unless he was already there.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Well, if they understand that hot air rises upwards, then maybe someone can invent it. Although Onu-Koroans, who are most likely to know how temperature affects air because they are more advanced than other Koros, have no need for air balloons. But I don't know, if the staff allows it then they might be invented by accident or something.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

You could always try to redeem him, Silo. Maybe he'll be more fun to play as if he turned to the other side.

Redeeming a character does seem to happen less often than corrupting one, so it might be a good change of pace.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Question: Can we assume the Matoran society would be able to conceive an idea such as hot air balloons? They physics involved are pretty basic and I'm sure the right materials for building one can be found.

Actually I had the go-ahead from Aaron a long while back to make hot air balloons in some fashion.

I was gonna put this into action until the entropy beetles showed up.

Edit: I should clarify, Le-Koro was going to start putting it into action. Akiri player and all that jazz.

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Gotta keep going like TEAM ROCKET.

Yeah, don't use Team Rocket as an example- they can't even steal one measly Pikachu! :P

Gotta keep going like Sisyphus- although he keeps getting pushed down by that rock, he keeps on at it. Mainly because that's his punishment for all eternity but still...

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Question: Can we assume the Matoran society would be able to conceive an idea such as hot air balloons? They physics involved are pretty basic and I'm sure the right materials for building one can be found.

Actually I had the go-ahead from Aaron a long while back to make hot air balloons in some fashion.

I was gonna put this into action until the entropy beetles showed up.

Edit: I should clarify, Le-Koro was going to start putting it into action. Akiri player and all that jazz.

Does this mean I can involve a hot air balloon in my plans automatically or should I consult the staff first?

Well, if they understand that hot air rises upwards, then maybe someone can invent it. Although Onu-Koroans, who are most likely to know how temperature affects air because they are more advanced than other Koros, have no need for air balloons. But I don't know, if the staff allows it then they might be invented by accident or something.

Actually way back in 2001 Tahu uses hot hair to slow his fall when dropped by a Nui Rama. It's safe to assume the laws of thermodynamics are understood in the Matoran univers at least by Ta Koronans; though I would argue Le Koronans would also be aware of these physics as they pertain to air. 

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

According to BS01, the power of heat (which is a subpower of the elemental power of fire) can be used for 

• Manipulating heat to levitate or slow a fall.

So therefore, it would be safe to assume that Ta-Toa and other fire users would know how to use heat in this way for making a hot air balloon. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

According to BS01, the power of heat (which is a subpower of the elemental power of fire) can be used for 

• Manipulating heat to levitate or slow a fall.

So therefore, it would be safe to assume that Ta-Toa and other fire users would know how to use heat in this way for making a hot air balloon. 

I know this is on BS01 and all, but wouldn't that boil your face off before the updraft started lifting you?

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Considering that you don't get enough of an updraft from lava and Toa of fire can only spend a limited amount of time in there...

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Yeah... lava surfing doesn't seem very safe... You don't really get any second chances, after all, even if you are a fire user...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't remember much floating in the air when people lavasurf. And most of the time they are above the lava, not in it.

The point I am trying to make is that air hot enough to create an updraft capable of lifting a normal Toa would have to be hotter than lava.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1