BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

From the Ta-Wahi topic intro: "-Tren Krom Break: A deep ravine, containing a lava river where Ignalu surfing competitions are often held. Turaga Vakama named it after the legendary figure Tren Krom. The ravine separates Ko-Wahi and Ta-Wahi, and is bridged by an ancient cable car. It is to note that the Ta-Koro Guard occupied an outpost here to defend against the Rahi threat during the days of Makuta. The outpost was abandoned when Jaller was forced to fall back behind the city, and it remains abandoned to this day." Since no one was using it, we asked Nuju for permission to set up base there, and he said yes. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Which is kind of odd since as I have been seeing people use it fairly often and absolutely nothing about it in connection to the Outsiders IC.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Which is kind of odd since as I have been seeing people use it fairly often and absolutely nothing about it in connection to the Outsiders IC.

We only starting posting as the group a couple of weeks ago. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm mostly just saying that if are going to lay claim to a place don't go around boasting about it until you have done so IC.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

We have done it IC. We have a small fort there. It's where The Outsider's live.

All of this was cleared with Nuju before we started posting; we haven't broken any rules. Where's Nuju so he can back us up here? 

Also, at what point were we boasting about it? 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

If the Outsider's fort was ever said to be next to the cable-car it was only in their intro post and then never mentioned again. Every time I see a post there it is always just some nebulous "In Ta-wahi somewhere." I always get the feeling that it is by the beach somewhere.

I never said you broke any rules.

Mmmmmm, perhaps not boasting. All I saw there was you guys more or less coming out of nowhere and saying that you owned a fairly well used canon location that is pretty much right on the doorstep of one of the major koro.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Alright. Fair enough. :)

We got permission to use the location, so we're using it. If anyone else has any problems with that, take it up with Nuju. 

From the Ta-Wahi topic intro: "-Tren Krom Break: A deep ravine, containing a lava river where Ignalu surfing competitions are often held. Turaga Vakama named it after the legendary figure Tren Krom. The ravine separates Ko-Wahi and Ta-Wahi, and is bridged by an ancient cable car. It is to note that the Ta-Koro Guard occupied an outpost here to defend against the Rahi threat during the days of Makuta. The outpost was abandoned when Jaller was forced to fall back behind the city, and it remains abandoned to this day." Since no one was using it, we asked Nuju for permission to set up base there, and he said yes. 

Admittingly I had forgotten about the whole abandoned bit.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Okay. I apologize that my previous post was so unclear. I'm currently the leader of The Outsiders IC, and I will take any further questions as PMs so as not to clutter the GD topic.

The Guard knows that the Cable Car has been up and running. They just don't know that it's being run by a band of mercs. It is a major route of transport, and is used often by travelers, and also to cart goods between Ta and Ihu Koro. I imagined the cable car itself as ALWAYS being run by NPC Matoran, that are paid to do so by the Outsiders.

Also, Silvan, in regards to its location, it is nowhere near Ta-Koro... Or the beach. The Cable car is located up on the side of the Mangai Volcano, closer to Ihu-Koro. Please see the wiki page for more details. I hope this clarifies everything.

• Upvote 1

I'm running off MNOLG geography where you take a turn right outside the Ta-koro gates and go directly up a set of stairs.

Seems pretty close to me.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The guard outpost, was like a single toll booth sized building if i remember correctly.. and it was mainly only there because only sanctum and ta-koro guards were allowed to use the cable car, at the time

Plus I don't even know how you would have a 'base of operations' in the same area of the cable car, since the cable car was essentially on a wide cliff ledge, with a river of lava below.. unless the base is built into the side of the rock.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Okay...

It's a pre-established fact that the RPG does not follow canon, so I think that renders most arguments made thus far moot. 

Now, if all further questions or comments regarding this issue can go to Req via PM, like he requested before, that would be great. :)

Topic Closed. 

Hey all, as a member of the BZPRPG's lorebook scholars, and also as a member of the Map Project with Ghosthands, I would like to help illuminate a little bit about the current geographical discombobulation.

Ta-Koro is not in Mt. Mangai.  This has been mentioned by Krayzikk several times, and was made clear during the map project when he was asked to explain general locations for his wahi.  The MNOG's location of Ta-Koro is irrelevant, and I apologize for any confusion this may create with the general player base; but this is how things have been laid out in the past and so, unless staff would like to half a different say, it is how it is.  The Cable Car, however, has stayed in its canon location.  During Kohra's original bombing of the system the cable car was nearly at the village, but this was in the 2012 arc when the village was still sort of considered in Mt. Mangai and everything was a really messed up gray-area.  However, the 2013 arc's opening saw a lot of locations getting shifted around (take Po-Koro for example), and Ta-Koro also took a hop skip and a jump down the lava lane toward the seashore.  

I hope this helps.
~Kughii

EDIT:  For the record, I am not part of the mercenary organization that runs the cable car.

Edited by Kughii

It's a pre-established fact that the RPG does not follow canon, so I think that renders most arguments made thus far moot.

Not really, no.

• Upvote 4

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Everyone listen to Kughii! He speaks the truth. 

Now, for the love of Mata Nui can we drop the subject already? 

Let me just start off by saying that this post has nothing to do with the cable car topic.

Now that that's out of the way, Verulas can still be convinced into joining The Outsiders, but I'm also thinking that he would join to spare a certain Crystal-Toa from their wrath, should they decide to go after her after they leave Ko-Wahi, since he considers himself to be on somewhat friendly terms with her.
Just thought that should be put out there, so however you guys want to play it, I'm game.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Just out of curiosity, why isn't the Kiril an approved mask? It doesn't seem too OP to me; the only real uses I can see for it would be for repairing weapons, armour, buildings and so on. Or is there some OP use for it that I've overlooked?

I feel like a little staff clarification might be needed here, to clear up some of the confusion I'm seeing. I haven't had the chance to speak to Nuju yet, but this is my understanding of the situation:

I believe the outpost referred to in this quote is actually the Tren Krom Redoubt, a small fortification that was located on the Ko-Wahi side of the Break (the North March). I remember very clearly from MNOG that Jala speaks about having lost the Redoubt, while it can be seen that the Guard still has control of the Ta-Wahi side of the Break.

I'm running off MNOLG geography where you take a turn right outside the Ta-koro gates and go directly up a set of stairs.

Seems pretty close to me.

You mean the geography where villages you can walk 200 miles from Po-Koro to Le-Koro in a few minutes? ;)

MNOG's geography was heavily condensed; it had to be, to make the game playable. We don't play by MNOG distances, but we do generally use the relative positions of Mata Nui landmarks. They're just further away from each other than they appeared in the game.

However, the small outpost at the Ta-Wahi side of the Tren Krom Break (not the Redoubt) is still very much within the Ta-Koro Guard's territory, and I don't see them just letting it fall into somebody else's hands.

Hey all, as a member of the BZPRPG's lorebook scholars, and also as a member of the Map Project with Ghosthands, I would like to help illuminate a little bit about the current geographical discombobulation.

Ta-Koro is not in Mt. Mangai.  This has been mentioned by Krayzikk several times, and was made clear during the map project when he was asked to explain general locations for his wahi.  The MNOG's location of Ta-Koro is irrelevant, and I apologize for any confusion this may create with the general player base; but this is how things have been laid out in the past and so, unless staff would like to half a different say, it is how it is.  The Cable Car, however, has stayed in its canon location.  During Kohra's original bombing of the system the cable car was nearly at the village, but this was in the 2012 arc when the village was still sort of considered in Mt. Mangai and everything was a really messed up gray-area.  However, the 2013 arc's opening saw a lot of locations getting shifted around (take Po-Koro for example), and Ta-Koro also took a hop skip and a jump down the lava lane toward the seashore.  

I hope this helps.
~Kughii

EDIT:  For the record, I am not part of the mercenary organization that runs the cable car.

Indeed, as I too have said several times, Ta-Koro is not in the Mangai; it's located in a smaller volcano (the one that encloses the Lake of Fire) about half-way from the Mangai to the coast. For the record, this is where it has always been located both in the BZPRPG and in canon, including the MNOG. Descriptions of this haven't always been completely clear, which seems to be the source of confusion on the subject.

Speaking of the map project, I did actually do a little more work on it recently, and I'd be happy to upload what I've got so far to allay any further confusion.

Personally, I think it would be much more reasonable for the Outsiders to have taken over the abandoned Tren Krom Redoubt in the North March. That would give them control of the Ko-Wahi end of the cable-car, while still being far enough away from Ta-Koro territory to avoid conflict with the Guard. As far as I can tell, it would only take a small retcon to put this into effect.

EDIT: Ugh. I've just read the new content on the Wiki about this, stating that the Outsiders in fact control the outposts on BOTH sides of the cable-car. I can't say I approve of this, as (again) it seems unlikely that the Ta-Koro Guard would just sit around and allow such a well-known and well-used transportation system to be taken over by somebody else...

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Upvote 5

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

know what would be really cool? if people sent stuff to people other than nuju now and again so the other four or five staff members didn't always have their "this is news to me" faces on whenever arguments like this come up.

that'd be puh-retttty swell.

-Tyler

• Upvote 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

know what would be really cool? if people sent stuff to people other than nuju now and again so the other four or five staff members didn't always have their "this is news to me" faces on whenever arguments like this come up.

-Tyler

Just so you know, we actually did run it past Krayz first. Or Requiem did, anyway. From what he told me, it sounds like Krayz didn't even know there was an outpost up there until we brought it up. That's why we wound up going to Nuju about it. 

EDIT: That said, please don't quote me on it though, as I didn't personally talk to Krayz about any of it and may have merely misinterpreted something Req said to me. If I did indeed get something wrong, please don't kill me... :)

Edited by NatoGreavesy

When did the News and Discussion topic relocate to Gotham City?

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Activating the Kray Signaltm.

Ta's his jurisdiction, after all.

Apparently a man can't get some sleep around here.

Alright, here's what's up; I've been aware of this little issue for a day or two now, and I've been trying to work it out in my head. I'd have chimed in much earlier here, but, well, school and work took up a lot of time the past two days. Firstly, to clarify, Requiem went largely through Nuju. He got my thoughts on, and permission for, a base along the Tren Krom Break, which I've not had any problems with, now or then. Truthfully, I was only dimly aware it was mentioned in the topic post to begin with.

He did also send me a PM, after talking with Nuju, to inform me of what had been allowed. When this first came up, I was wondering why I hadn't heard about it. It is here that I must sheepishly admit that I had. When I got that PM, I was checking up on BZP while on my break at work. I caught the words "Nuju" and "approved", and skimmed the rest. The details didn't really stick in my memory, and as such, I thought all it really said was about the base that had already been discussed. In that, I messed up, and I freely admit it.

That mistake, however, leads to a bit of an issue. The cable car between Ta-Wahi and Ko-Wahi has been used innumerable times, in both seasons of the game, by PCs as a way to get between the two regions. It's usually been treated as being very near to Ta-Koro (BZPLocation comes in with the fact that exactly where it is has been treated a number of different ways), if not inside the city's perimeter. Its use normally just consists of saying that they got on the cable car, and even the matter of whether or not it's something to be paid for hasn't really been elaborated on. Mostly because, as with geography, it's never really an issue until someone chooses to do something specific.

With the Outsiders introduced, however, we now have the conflicting information that the cable car is owned and operated by an en entity not of the village (which creates some world and setting issues in and of itself), and that it is located much further from Ta-Koro than it's usually treated. Overall, through a lack of proper communication, a rather distinct mess has been created. 

I have little doubt that it's something that will need to be discussed.

To clear up a few other things I've seen mentioned here; yes, Ta-Koro is not actually in Mt. Mangai. It isn't too far away from the village, but Ta-Koro is situated further towards the coast from it. Still in a similar environment, namely in that it's still surrounded by copious amounts of lava, but not really within the volcano proper. For reasons of safety and logic, mostly.

Again, many things come down to one, simple thing; the exact setting and details of a thing, unless worked out in great detail and somehow relayed to every single player, will not always been one hundred percent consistent. Nor will they often be described in terms of exact geography, much like time isn't described specifically. This is because when one attempts to do that... One gets this. Every location has its consistent traits, and that's usually enough to keep things from conflicting. :P

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

-Tyler

It'd also make my life easier.

Also, a slight rule change I've just decided to make to encourage this sort of thing. Just a minor adjustment in the Profiles Topic:

CUSTOMIZATION EXCEPTION:

Personalized/customized species are allowed – however – they MUST resemble or be similar to one of the above species, including abilities, powers, and power levels, AND must be approved by Nuju Metru before use.

Has henceforth been changed to:

CUSTOMIZATION EXCEPTION:

Personalized/customized species are allowed – however – they MUST resemble or be similar to one of the above species, including abilities, powers, and power levels, AND must be approved by a staffer before use.

Custom species proposals that I've shot down can be resubmitted to other staff members if you want to try your luck again. 

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

Interesting. Seems like a bit of a hassle to keep pitching it though, so I'm letting my idea stay buried. At least it'll always have a spot on my moc shelves.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Ta-Koro is not in Mt. Mangai.  This has been mentioned by Krayzikk several times, and was made clear during the map project 

I hope this helps.

~Kughii

is there an actual map availible?  That sounds like it would be helpful.

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

is there an actual map availible?  That sounds like it would be helpful.

This is why I recommend everyone read the Official BZPRPG Rules and Index, because it eliminates a lot of the questions that otherwise get asked here. Yes, there is a map, and you can find it here.

Also: 4000 posts woo

Edited by delilah
  • Upvote 2

-Tyler

peer.gif

sorry ty

old habits die hard (especially seeing how I'm one of those people who never mentally register major changes)

pNNgXax.jpg

know what would be really cool? if people sent stuff to people other than nuju now and again so the other four or five staff members didn't always have their "this is news to me" faces on whenever arguments like this come up.

-Tyler

Hey buddy

Can I

helo frens

is there an actual map availible? That sounds like it would be helpful.

This is why I recommend everyone read the Official BZPRPG Rules and Index, because it eliminates a lot of the questions that otherwise get asked here. Yes, there is a map, and you can find it here.

Also: 4000 posts woo

Forgive me for being clear, I never meant to give the impression that I haven't read the rules, because I have.

I meant a visual map, not a textual one.

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||