BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

How does a blindfold stop laser or heat vision?

One of my characters semi-recently used a pair of metal eye covers/goggles on an unconscious Grokk. If a skakdi tried to blast their way out of something like that there is a pretty high chance of said skakdi losing their eyes from the back-blast.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

How does a blindfold stop laser or heat vision?

One of my characters semi-recently used a pair of metal eye covers/goggles on an unconscious Grokk. If a skakdi tried to blast their way out of something like that there is a pretty high chance of said skakdi losing their eyes from the back-blast.

Basically snazzy sunglasses.

How would something like that work against other skakdi powers? Thermal vision and the like? I've forgotten what else they have.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I wouldn't think that attempting to use impact vision to dislodge something that's been affixed around your head would go well.

And like Silvan said, neither would using heat or laser vision.

And no one really cares about things like thermal vision, because most prisoners can see anyway.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OH GOD! So interesting! I feel like I must get in on this somehow!

Edit: I just realized, Girah, upon hearing a whole new culture from a far off land just showed up on the island, he may just flip out.

Like, head explode, full ramble, dive into Naho Bay and swim to the ship screaming "TAKE ME WITH YOU" levels of flipping out.

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Since I believe it might become relevant after this brawl, in the prisons for the Koros (Ga-Koro, specifically) what type of precautions are taken for caging powered targets, such as toa?

Removal of a Kanohi (No exceptions for Toa, as even if the Kanohi itself is harmless, it still permits them access to their element) and the confiscation of all equipment is the norm for the Koros, and I believe Ga-Koro is no exception. They're not idiots, either; they'll search you as well, and take anything you've hidden. Basically, if it isn't built into you, it'll be taken.

Toa, as a side note, have their elemental energy reserves halved, and are deprived of the concentration to do much of anything. To use the Nuva example above, the Nuva noted that their powers were incredibly weakened. The Nuva are several times more powerful than our PC Toa, so a PC will be even more weak than that.

Only wrinkle I see is Kalyss's armor, the closest thing she has to a 'weapon'. It has channels to focus her plasma; however, since the most she can probably make after the mask removal is a dim neon light, I don't think it would be a problem. Vakua though will definitely not have a fun time with any interrogations.

The times, they are a-changing...

On the premise of BZPtime, where is the Ko-Koro evacuation relative to the expedition's arrival? I ask because Girah is with the refugees at the moment, in Ta-Koro. If there is a sufficent time difference, could he show up in Ga-Koro for this whole event?

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Since I believe it might become relevant after this brawl, in the prisons for the Koros (Ga-Koro, specifically) what type of precautions are taken for caging powered targets, such as toa?

Removal of a Kanohi (No exceptions for Toa, as even if the Kanohi itself is harmless, it still permits them access to their element) and the confiscation of all equipment is the norm for the Koros, and I believe Ga-Koro is no exception. They're not idiots, either; they'll search you as well, and take anything you've hidden. Basically, if it isn't built into you, it'll be taken.

Toa, as a side note, have their elemental energy reserves halved, and are deprived of the concentration to do much of anything. To use the Nuva example above, the Nuva noted that their powers were incredibly weakened. The Nuva are several times more powerful than our PC Toa, so a PC will be even more weak than that.

Only wrinkle I see is Kalyss's armor, the closest thing she has to a 'weapon'. It has channels to focus her plasma; however, since the most she can probably make after the mask removal is a dim neon light, I don't think it would be a problem. Vakua though will definitely not have a fun time with any interrogations.

If it could be modified to contain elemental channels, it could be confiscated.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Is Akira Nuparu still being played by a BZRPG member?

Is this member active?

Is Akira Nuparu of Onu-Koro taking visitors?

Am I forgiven for consistently hustling the U's and A's in Akira Nuparu's name around :P ?

Actually, you've been spelling 'Nuparu' just fine. 'Akiri', on the other hand...

And to answer your questions:

1. Yes, and it's the big boss himself, Nuju.
  2. Yes.
  3. Probably, if you ask nicely.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

@Funkydude547: I would assume that if there were plans on letting the news of their arrival leak out into any other Koros, it would probably arrive in a similar fashion to how news of the Battle for Ko-Koro circulated. Then again, the way I took it was that the Dasaka didn't want to alert the whole island of their presence just yet, so that might not happen also. So while there might not be much time between the two events, the real hurdle you would be facing is actually the time it takes for the news to get to you instead of the time between the events themselves.

Unless, of course, you have a reason to go to Ga-Koro before the news hits...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

On the premise of BZPtime, where is the Ko-Koro evacuation relative to the expedition's arrival? I ask because Girah is with the refugees at the moment, in Ta-Koro. If there is a sufficent time difference, could he show up in Ga-Koro for this whole event?

Does Girah have any motive to head to Ga suddenly?

Does Girah have any motive to head to Ga suddenly?

Probably. Maybe to see if a backup of his vessel's design was saved somewhere in Ga-Koro, as well as a star map. If worse comes to worst, I have a Ga-Matoran all ready to go to interact.

However many happen to be online? I don't think there's an exact quantifiable value. :)

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Just out of curiosity, How many members are actively posting at any given time? 

Everyone is just a sockpuppet of me.

*clenches fist* Exactly as foretold! But, man, for such a big RP (or at least, what I perceive as one, I could be wrong.) It's amazing how just a few people keep the story moving. 

Just out of curiosity, How many members are actively posting at any given time?

Everyone is just a sockpuppet of me.
This is the truth. Hubert is the internet.

In seriousness, we can't really predict who's on at one time. As for who's regularly posting throughout the day, maybe around 20, 30...?

Edited by namcurtsnoC

I think the amount of characters a player has also play a role in all of this.

There are probably around thirty active players, perhaps a bit more, with a combined several hundred characters. Not everyone posts daily, and some, like Hubert, post several dozen times a day. How many are active per day is so variable I would need five years and a several thousand dollar grant to give you can answer. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

There are probably around thirty active players, perhaps a bit more, with a combined several hundred characters. Not everyone posts daily, and some, like Hubert, post several dozen times a day. How many are active per day is so variable I would need five years and a several thousand dollar grant to give you can answer. :P

A gross amount of times, thank you very much.

For the record, I am no sock-puppet.

Now as for the question at hand, the frequency of posts per player depends on a number of factors, such as:

Time players have to visit the site.

The amount of characters a player has.

Average time players take to write up their posts.

How frequently others post.

Time addressing particular issues.

Whether people are waiting for others to respond or not.

Life in general.

Any of the above reasons can have either a positive or negative effect on one's ability to post, so it could be harder to tell.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Probably, yeah.

The fact that they arrived in an alien tech craft and loudly declared themselves to be emmissaries from another land would make them stand out though.

Even if they were mistaken for Toa at first, the cultural exchange that would follow would clearly mark them out.

I just saw the news about Bionicle in 2015 and it brought me back here in a wave of joy only to find the RPG setting returned to Mata Nui - where can I read up/catch up on the new reboot so I can possible hop back in :)

Plot? Contextual setting? Pseudo-canon or not?

Well, looks like everybody's coming back.

True, and the Mata Nuian wouldn't have any sort of innate resistance to the mental influences of the Dasaka. Not being able to access the mental plane would be like walking around blind, when everybody else can not only see with their eyes, but stab you with them as well.

Ok, that metaphor turned out horribly, but you see the point.

If the person was a Toa of crystal though, living on an island practically made of the stuff... that might get interesting.

I've been anticipating this since forever. :3

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Someone get a kickstarter going.

...but close to it

Don't the Dasaka pretty much look like Matoran/Toa with crystal gear? Wouldn't they be as recognizable as toa or lesterin?

No. Well, yes and no.

Yes, they're similar. Similar build, similar species. But firstly, they're garbed entirely differently, and their armor is completely distinct. No other element has armor with that coloration, particularly the actually metallic gold. Secondly, they identify themselves as a completely distinct species, and their powers certainly back that up. They have Matoran/Toa/Turaga analogues, but Lesterin are a Toa analogue in and of themselves. They're also clearly distinct species.

No one will draw the conclusion that they're Toa, they'll take them at their word; they are a separate species, that just happens to be similar to Toa. I mean, if it fooled players, it'll fool people learning for certain that there is another land out there.

fK5oqYf.jpg

I just saw the news about Bionicle in 2015 and it brought me back here in a wave of joy only to find the RPG setting returned to Mata Nui - where can I read up/catch up on the new reboot so I can possible hop back in :)

Plot? Contextual setting? Pseudo-canon or not?

It's all here, Cap'n.

But in regards to the Civil War, I do agree it needs to heat up. For the sake of fun.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

For the record, I only thought they weren't Toa and Matoran and stuff because everyone said they weren't, and outright called them a separate (if similar) species.  I imagine it would've been a lot easier to figure out if it hadn't been outright denied.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Don't the Dasaka pretty much look like Matoran/Toa with crystal gear? Wouldn't they be as recognizable as toa or lesterin?

No. Well, yes and no.

Yes, they're similar. Similar build, similar species. But firstly, they're garbed entirely differently, and their armor is completely distinct. No other element has armor with that coloration, particularly the actually metallic gold. Secondly, they identify themselves as a completely distinct species, and their powers certainly back that up. They have Matoran/Toa/Turaga analogues, but Lesterin are a Toa analogue in and of themselves. They're also clearly distinct species.

No one will draw the conclusion that they're Toa, they'll take them at their word; they are a separate species, that just happens to be similar to Toa. I mean, if it fooled players, it'll fool people learning for certain that there is another land out there.

Uh, I thought it was confirmed that they were Ce-Matoran/Ce-Toa/Ce-Turaga with an entirely different culture? Or did I hallucinate that?

The times, they are a-changing...