BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

You haven't yet realized that the Dasaka are just a separate culture from the Matoran, but in all biological respects are exactly the same?

I would've sworn that was explicitly mentioned somewhere where it was describing them. Or was that just a few months ago when they came out?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

You haven't yet realized that the Dasaka are just a separate culture from the Matoran, but in all biological respects are exactly the same?

I would've sworn that was explicitly mentioned somewhere where it was describing them. Or was that just a few months ago when they came out?

I am 99% sure it was confirmed directly they were, in fact, just Ce-beings.

After someone asked if they were, that is.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

It's even specifically described in the Kentoku topic now:

The Dasaka are the BZPRPG's Toa, Turaga, and Matoran of Psionics. They come from the Kentoku Archipelago, and as such their society and culture are very different from those of the Toa of Mata Nui.

When it was revealed, I was fascinated with the relationship between the two cultures.

The times, they are a-changing...

I know Dasaka, Dashi and Datsue are essentially just rebranded Toa, Matoran and Turaga, but my point was that if the higher-up's children are automatically high-up, and people in the lower castes don't have children (Most of the time) then where does each new generation of the members of lower castes come from? (It's like in Ocarina of Time where a male Gerudo is only born every 100 years or something.)

VBWj75sh.png

They're long lived enough that it doesn't matter anyways, man.

And beyond that, y'never know. It could be like medieval cultures the world over. Little affairs can (and probably do) happen more than you'd think.

As to the reveal of the Dasaka's nature as being just the Ce-Matoran, I thought that was when they were made available for the players, not some time after they came out/debuted/whatever word works so that some people don't misunderstand me.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

We know exactly where they came from; you just don't yet. :P

As to the question, they do die of old age. Not for a very long time but it does happen. As for why the lower classes stay consistent... Just because only higher ranks get to marry and have families doesn't mean reproduction doesn't happen.

• Upvote 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So presumably there are male Dashi and Datsue, then? We just haven't seen much of them in-game. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I apologise that I don't have the time to look up the profile of every single character in the game. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Seconded.

I only look up characters when I'm about to interact with them.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I apologise that I don't have the time to look up the profile of every single character in the game. 

No one was implying that you needed to. Constructman was informing you of an example, and I did the same.

I just did it in the form of a great reference.

and i pity you if you didn't know it

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Turns out I actually did. Gear told me all about it ages ago. I just kind of forgot.

And... Avak's pet robot is an actual character now.... okay... 

Aw sweet Nektann are a thing.  I love those things.  Wish there'd actually been sets of them, rather than just that weird tower thingamajig.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Does Vakbot posses all of the abilities of a regular Nektann (energy blasters, self-reassembly) or is it just a prototype?

No one was implying that you needed to. Constructman was informing you of an example, and I did the same.

I just did it in the form of a great reference.

and i pity you if you didn't know it

"great reference"

with a tumblr gif

don't you dare do this to me

• Upvote 3

helo frens

Does Vakbot posses all of the abilities of a regular Nektann (energy blasters, self-reassembly) or is it just a prototype?

It's all in his profile, but the answer is no: he does have a few tricks up his sleeve, but no blasters or self-reconstruction.

He also has the power of Robot Cuteness. :D

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

And if that wasn't enough for one day, I am pleased to present:

kentoku_sig.jpg

The official map of the Kentoku Archipelago!

And a version with the major islands labelled.

This was a collaboration between me and the amazing artistic skill of Vezok's Friend, whom I would like to thank for giving his time and effort to turn my very boring-looking lineart into this beautiful image.

If there's sufficient demand, I'll make a third version with smaller relevant landmarks (clan settlements, minor islands etc) labelled. Please PM me with any such landmarks you'd want to see included.

• Upvote 6

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

And if that wasn't enough for one day, I am pleased to present:

kentoku_sig.jpg

The official map of the Kentoku Archipelago!

And a version with the major islands labelled.

This was a collaboration between me and the amazing artistic skill of Vezok's Friend, whom I would like to thank for giving his time and effort to turn my very boring-looking lineart into this beautiful image.

If there's sufficient demand, I'll make a third version with smaller relevant landmarks (clan settlements, minor islands etc) labelled. Please PM me with any such landmarks you'd want to see included.

This is downright amazing.

Good job you two.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian