BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Five gods are enough, thank you very much. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That could be explained away by just saying that he's the last one and Makuta had the rest of them killed off, but we are talking about a character who we're probably never going to see again, so it wouldn't really matter if he was one or not anyway.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I think he's probably dead. If he were alive, I assume he would have showed up again by now. The staff seem to generally prefer using original characters rather than adding lots of canon ones, the Piraka being an obvious exception. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah, if we start adding fancy things like PCs with light or shadow powers or high fantasy stuff likes demons, angels and elves. The game would surely suffer from it. Thus why it's never been done.

Well... we do have valkyr, which are kind of some weird reject angel thing.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Nah, I think we need at least one more god, if only just to even out the numbers.

Hmmm... Maybe I'll get back to you guys on that one.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

If we do get Av-Matoran, Takua will most likely be the only one, or they'll be given out as a staff reward.

I highly doubt Light will become an element you can just "get."

I highly doubt it'll be an element. Ever. Especially since Nuju has already said it isn't going to happen. 

I don't want Av-Matoran to be playable, really- that's OP as heck, among other things.  I would like to see one show up as a plot-relevant, staff-controlled NPC or something, though.  Even if he or she only ends up being a glorified plot coupon or something.  :P This island has enough beings of Darkness already.  It could use just a touch more Light.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

We might have had a Toa of light, once. I remember reading it on the wiki.

I think Joske gained that power and had it for a while, but lost it during a battle or something.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Right. This game has been running for how many years now, and there's only ever been one character with light-based powers, and he only had it for one battle. I think that says a lot about how the staff view the use of that particular element. 

Let's not do that, please? 

But... Matoro died in canon as well. 

My point is that in the original canon, he died a hero. He made a noble sacrifice that touched me, and inspired me to strive to be a hero myself in the real world. As a character, he stood for so much and did something so honorable and selfless, words can barely describe it.

In the RPG, he was treated and just died like any other character. True, he was put in a higher position of government, but I honestly can't really see him as being that type of leader. To me I always saw him as a hero, and if was to die deserved to die a hero's death.

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 2

This is not canon. Get over it. This RPG is about original characters, not canon ones. 

That was kind of... harsh, don't you think?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Uh... maybe... sorry about that.

I'm just starting to get kind of sick of people talking about how something should be added to the game, or there's something they don't like about the game, or they wished something had happened differently - based on canon.

I learned pretty early on that this is not canon, and never will be. Deal with it. 

I'm not trying to vouch for something to be made canon, I'm not asking for anything to be changed, all I want to do is make a statement on what Matoro meant to me. The RPG has every right to treat his character however they like, I just personally disagree with it.

In this world, there is a lack of appreciation for hero's. Hero's live the hardest lives out of anyone, and though Matoro may be fictional, I believe that he still deserves a respect and understanding for who he is (Not worship, appreciation and worship are two different things). When I was young and cracked open the first comic of 2007, I didn't understand or know anything about Bionicle; I didn't know who the characters were, which side was good or evil, anything. But when I got the issue of Matoro's death, that comic changed me and started to pull me into adulthood, because it gave me the example I needed to understand what true hero's, true good, and true self-sacrifice meant. Those who cannot appreciate their hero's don't deserve them, even if they get them anyway, because that's just who hero's are.

• Upvote 2

I think it's just Lash. 

And also because Av- and Kra-Matoran are OP.

Here's two quick solutions;

a). don't allow regular players to play as those two or

b). remove any and all power they have. If these guys turn into Toa, they won't be Av- or Kra-Toa, and their latent Matoran powers don't show up at all, even when they are Matoran.

I just want to see these two kinda like the Romans. With robots.

That'll be cool. It won't make a whole lotta sense, but it'll be cool.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Uh... maybe... sorry about that.

I'm just starting to get kind of sick of people talking about how something should be added to the game, or there's something they don't like about the game, or they wished something had happened differently - based on canon.

I learned pretty early on that this is not canon, and never will be. Deal with it. 

So, because people saw something they enjoyed in canon and said "maybe it'd be neat for us to be able to do X?" this angers you?

:w:

• Upvote 1

Introducing Nalano, First Son of Clan Ageru. I'll be playing him as an NPC as part of the events I have planned for the Ageru clan.

Speaking of which, Kilanya's court is about to be convened to discuss the current situation in the Empire and what actions the clan should take. If you've got a character of high enough status within the clan (at the moment I can only think of two of you) you're welcome to attend. If you don't, but you'd like to make a high-ranking Ageru, please feel free to PM me so I can approve their rank within the clan. :)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

And also because Av- and Kra-Matoran are OP.

Here's two quick solutions;

a). don't allow regular players to play as those two or

b). remove any and all power they have. If these guys turn into Toa, they won't be Av- or Kra-Toa, and their latent Matoran powers don't show up at all, even when they are Matoran.

I just want to see these two kinda like the Romans. With robots.

That'll be cool. It won't make a whole lotta sense, but it'll be cool.

Doesn't this...kinda defeat the point of having them in the first place?

Kathok

What I would do would be to make them just like Matoran of any other element; their powers would only manifest in small ways, instead of by being able to SHOOT BOLTS OF LIGHT/SHADOW. In fact, there's no need for any of their special abilities, seeing as so far as we know, Av-Matoran were never prototypes for other Matoran. :)

VBWj75sh.png

Light and Shadow Matoran simply are't going to happen, nor are they going to be Roman. The Dasaka were a way to introduce something new and different, as well as bring back powers that people had missed, and one that was not quite as successful as we'd hoped. There are a lot of reasons for that, but needless to say their successes and failures will color what is to come.

Not Av- or Kra-Matoran, though.

That's not going to happen. 

Light and Shadow are two very fundamental forces, even more in the BZPRPG universe than in the canon one. We've had only six Toa of Shadow and all were created from the original Mata, even though only the Maru know this. Heuani, one Toa of Shadow, was such a destructive force that players challenged him in waves and never did enough damage to justify the lives lost. Only one PC ever even remotely injured him, and it was using methods that aren't even allowed for use anymore because the staff realized what ramifications they had.

TL;DR Light and Shadow won't happen. They're too important, and removing the aspects that make them important remove the entire point for their inclusion.

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I was thinking of submitting a custom race for submission which were basically bulky, turaga-height, matoran-like, powerless-kanohi-wearing  beings that were either Light or Shadow - the Light ones had the power to emit light from their bodies and see in bright light, while the Shadow ones could emit a field of shadow around them and had night vision.

As well as this, both types possessed a heavily weakened kraata power, except that for the Light types, some powers like Fear and Anger were replaced with powers like Courage and Understanding (like in the Kingdom alternate universe), with the rahk power of Darkness being off limits.

After Nuju and Kray's scomments, I might not bother... :P

Edited by Sil

Kathok

I was thinking of submitting a custom race for submission which were basically bulky, turaga-height, matoran-like, powerless-kanohi-wearing  beings that were either Light or Shadow - the Light ones had the power to emit light from their bodies and see in bright light, while the Shadow ones could emit a field of shadow around them and had night vision.

As well as this, both types possessed a heavily weakened kraata power, except that for the Light types, some powers like Fear and Anger were replaced with powers like Courage and Understanding (like in the Kingdom alternate universe), with the rahk power of Darkness being off limits.

After Nuju and Kray's scomments, I might not bother... :P

Yeah, we most probably wouldn't approve that, for the reasons Kray outlined above.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Only one PC ever even remotely injured him, and it was using methods that aren't even allowed for use anymore because the staff realized what ramifications they had.

nooj a sore loser

-Tyler

• Upvote 7

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Soulswords basically are lightsabers.

(also there is no balance to restore if dark side and light side fail to exist in equal measure)

(which they do)

(take that omar)

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG