BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

One full of pain, torture and graphic descriptions of people get blasted into 100000 tiny little pieces and having their limbs removed.

That's an awfully specific number... What kind of person blows someone up and has time to count that many pieces? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

One full of pain, torture and graphic descriptions of people get blasted into 100000 tiny little pieces and having their limbs removed.

That's an awfully specific number... What kind of person blows someone up and has time to count that many pieces? 

Probably an estimate. There's gotta be more than that

I noticed that I did not get a definitive answer to my question. While it is true the Rahi of choice are dangerous thus why a thought out profile may be required. I really want it as a desert mount more than an extra character. Since I think there is a rule against "Bodyguard" characters. Not sure if that is specific to NPCs or if one could legally make a bodyguard for another of their characters. As if required my "mount" would be taking up one of my viable character spots in that case. Allowing me to also use it outside of the desired mount function. So if Doseki is eating or something the "mount" doesn't just vanish from existence until he needs it. Allowing for others to interact with it as well. For good or ill, :D :dead: :devil:

Also while I did suggest both the Nui-Jaga and the Catapult Scorpion, I only suggested the second because it looked cooler. If I can get away with maybe changing the colors of the Nui-Jaga from either Blue or Purple, or if I can only have them I would still be satisfied. I just need a Staffer to give me a "go" "no-go" on making a profile for review.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

You can play as the Rahi if they are a pet to one of your characters, but I don't believe you can play one as a separate character.

And yeah, bodyguard NPC's aren't allowed.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yeah, not looking for an NPC out. But the idea of having one as a pet could work in allowing me to use it as a mount and maybe not requiring its own profile. But in doing so would limit the possible interactions with other players. I think the idea of having my mount aid in combat is growing on me.

>.> they aren't?

.... Guess I'll have to make that a character, then.

Yeah I specifically remember reading regarding NPCs and Bodyguards. I wanted an official clarification on allowing for an actual character slot use though. As I don't really see any reason a character can't be hired to guard another. In the case of me, allowing my rahi to be able to defend itself or my Matoran rider.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

The reason you can't have an NPC bodyguard is because somebody would use the rule to make themselves a private army. Pets are allowed and people do have mounts like kikinalo, they don't just vanish when not in use either. If somebody attacks you, that giant kangaroo rhino hybrid thingy is going to be very unhappy at them.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Yeah I understand the Army deal and why the rule against it is in place. So on a Mount standpoint would said rahi(Nui-Jaga) be like a weapon extension of the primary character? I mean your point is valid and the aggressive pet/mount would rightfully try to defend said owner, however when does that go from pet to breaking the bodyguard rule? I mean as a Le-Matoran they have them bird mounts and it stands to reason they can and maybe even do use them in battle as well as for travel. So a Le-Matoran character may very well have such a bird listed under their profile. What I am trying to establish is a Po-Matoran variant. I don't really want a Ussal Crab (though the one from the Takua Matoran set does look cool) though I may have one if I make a Onu-Matoran character.

So is that an official "ok" for at the very least starting a profile for my Mount?

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

I'm not staff so I can't really do "official" anything.

Some rahi make more sense to have as mounts than others. The Gukko birds you just brought up would be one, another are the Kikinalo I brought up. Nui Jaga seem a bit iffier to me. I'm not really sure how you would tame one.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Me either, I think that is what makes it so fun. What cooler way to distinguish one's self then to ride in on a predator.

"Hey have you heard of this Doseki guy? Yeah he is a Po-Matoran and get this.... The guy actually managed to not only tame a Nui-Jaga, but that crazy guy rides the thing as if it were a Ussal Crab! It was the darnedest thing to see."

Onua.png

Well, I wasn't allowed to have a Takea shark as a proper pet because of that selfsame issue: how can it be tamed? So I would suspect that you won't get away with having a Nui-Jaga as a pet. Sorry. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah I understand the Army deal and why the rule against it is in place. So on a Mount standpoint would said rahi(Nui-Jaga) be like a weapon extension of the primary character? I mean your point is valid and the aggressive pet/mount would rightfully try to defend said owner, however when does that go from pet to breaking the bodyguard rule? I mean as a Le-Matoran they have them bird mounts and it stands to reason they can and maybe even do use them in battle as well as for travel. So a Le-Matoran character may very well have such a bird listed under their profile. What I am trying to establish is a Po-Matoran variant. I don't really want a Ussal Crab (though the one from the Takua Matoran set does look cool) though I may have one if I make a Onu-Matoran character.

So is that an official "ok" for at the very least starting a profile for my Mount?

No, it's not an 'official' ok because no staff member has yet commented on the subject. I'll do so now:

As you say, it's common (particularly in the Gukko Force and the Ussalry) for characters to own personal Rahi steeds. These Rahi are, like weapons, considered an extension of the character in that other players can't autohit them without permission.

The problem here is your choice of Rahi, and whether it is realistic that your character could have tamed one. Nui-Jaga are established to be highly aggressive and dangerous, and Catapult Scorpions even more so (if they are even present on Mata Nui—if they are, then they are extremely rare), so it would be very difficult to build up a bond with one.

However, I can think of some special circumstances that would make taming a Nui-Jaga more possible:

• If your character wears a (powered) Rau, then they could speak to and understand the Jaga. They are established to be pack hunters and to have a form of communication, so they must have some social instincts.
  • If your character found the Jaga as an egg and raised it, then it could conceivably develop quite a strong bond with the character. (Real-life scorpions are ovoviviparous, meaning that the mother carries the eggs inside her and then 'gives birth' to the young when they hatch, but I'd be willing to overlook that.) In this case, the Nui-Jaga wouldn't be as dangerous as a normal one, because it would only have instinct (or any tricks the owner has taught it) to go on in a fight.

Either way, it would take a long time—and a lot of seclusion from society, given the Jaga's nature—to tame one, and I would expect that to be reflected in the character's backstory.

If you have another idea for how it could be tamed, please PM me and we can discuss it.

EDIT: In case I didn't make it clear, Catapult Scorpions are off the table. :P

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Well, I wasn't allowed to have a Takea shark as a proper pet because of that selfsame issue: how can it be tamed? So I would suspect that you won't get away with having a Nui-Jaga as a pet. Sorry.

Not to poke holes in your own plight or otherwise suggest that mine should be over yours but depending how you planed on playing it I may see a problem there. Where both Rahi are Predators and thus dangerous how did you plan on keeping your shark? I mean unless Takea shark's have legs you'd only be able to interact with it in the water. Or throw it in a large fish tank or Aquarium and nowhere else. Where mine can go almost anywhere, thus plenty of interaction possibilities and locations without needing extra accommodations for it to move about. Though not knowing what if any reason they gave for not allowing you to have a Takea shark as a pet I am only speculating. I really would not see any reason for a Ga-matoran to maybe surf on a Shark if they don't get eaten first.

No, it's not an 'official' ok because no staff member has yet commented on the subject. I'll do so now:

As you say, it's common (particularly in the Gukko Force and the Ussalry) for characters to own personal Rahi steeds. These Rahi are, like weapons, considered an extension of the character in that other players can't autohit them without permission.

The problem here is your choice of Rahi, and whether it is realistic that your character could have tamed one. Nui-Jaga are established to be highly aggressive and dangerous, and Catapult Scorpions even more so (if they are even present on Mata Nui—if they are, then they are extremely rare), so it would be very difficult to build up a bond with one.

However, I can think of some special circumstances that would make taming a Nui-Jaga more possible:

• If your character wears a (powered) Rau, then they could speak to and understand the Jaga. They are established to be pack hunters and to have a form of communication, so they must have some social instincts.
  • If your character found the Jaga as an egg and raised it, then it could conceivably develop quite a strong bond with the character. (Real-life scorpions are ovoviviparous, meaning that the mother carries the eggs inside her and then 'gives birth' to the young when they hatch, but I'd be willing to overlook that.) In this case, the Nui-Jaga wouldn't be as dangerous as a normal one, because it would only have instinct (or any tricks the owner has taught it) to go on in a fight.
Either way, it would take a long time—and a lot of seclusion from society, given the Jaga's nature—to tame one, and I would expect that to be reflected in the character's backstory.

If you have another idea for how it could be tamed, please PM me and we can discuss it.

EDIT: In case I didn't make it clear, Catapult Scorpions are off the table. :P

I have PMed you.

Onua.png

Not to poke holes in your own plight or otherwise suggest that mine should be over yours but depending how you planed on playing it I may see a problem there. Where both Rahi are Predators and thus dangerous how did you plan on keeping your shark? I mean unless Takea shark's have legs you'd only be able to interact with it in the water. Or throw it in a large fish tank or Aquarium and nowhere else. Where mine can go almost anywhere, thus plenty of interaction possibilities and locations without needing extra accommodations for it to move about. Though not knowing what if any reason they gave for not allowing you to have a Takea shark as a pet I am only speculating. I really would not see any reason for a Ga-matoran to maybe surf on a Shark if they don't get eaten first.

I never said anything about Ga-Matoran; not sure where you're getting that idea from.

My characters are Vortixx pirates; they lured the shark to the ship by dumping food over the sides. Over an unspecified number of years it has come to assosciate the vessel with free and easy meals. However, because the shark cannot realistically be tamed properly, it's just an NPC animal rather than a pet, meaning it can potentially be killed by any player who encounters it without them needing my permission to do so. 

The point I was trying to make about by using the example of the shark was that large, aggressive, OP rahi that are difficult to tame are very unlikely to get approved for play as pets for anyone's characters. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ah I see how. While still dangerous I could see a type of taming going on there with the Shark being less "fearful" of the boat and the pirates as a whole. Thus seeming tame up until it eats one of the shipmates. I only mentioned Ga-Matorans because I am trying to see about a unique steed for my Po-Matoran and it seems logical if any of the Villagers would try to tame and maybe ride a shark it would be a Ga-Matoran :D. Not sure I'd really use it as a "pet" per say though cannot say potential combat could not be in the future. I mean it is a Nui-Jaga. People are not going to be happy about seeing one near civilization. No matter how "Tame" it may appear. Somebody is bound to shoot their mouth off and cause an incident. Possibly though hopefully not forcing the local authorities to get involved and forcing my character to leave.

Onua.png

I remember reading that all the 2001 Rahi were tameable in canon besides the Manas (which hadn't been encountered yet, so there was no way of knowing anyways).  I figure it wouldn't be too different in the RP.

Catapault Scorpions, though?  Yeah, not surprised at all about the staff verdict on that.  magma launchers op nerf naow

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Just curious, but what's the policy for creating religious figures?

Like, if someone wanted to, say, bring the foundations of a secret society of do-gooders to the island of Mata Nui, would they be able to create their own mythology for said aforementioned group or no?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Probably run it by the staff first. 

Just curious, but what's the policy for creating religious figures?

Like, if someone wanted to, say, bring the foundations of a secret society of do-gooders to the island of Mata Nui, would they be able to create their own mythology for said aforementioned group or no?

if you mean pretty much what the brotherhood of ak'rei'an did, except with good guys, i don't see a problem with it

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Since I'm having trouble finding it, can someone link me to that map that was made for the RPG of Mata Nui?

Is this Mata-Nui Map the one you are seeking?

Onua.png

I think I'll be playing Nirata soon. I've been waiting to see if my message about the Ihu-Highlanders would be answered but it's been a while so I might just start playing. Only thing is though I want to come up with or find some sort of story/quest to put him into to make his introduction a little smoother and have some goals in mind. For example Orphos, my second character, was introduced without any sort of plans or future plans in mind. My first, Akhulii, had a goal but I never really was sure where it would take him and what would happen. It was only by chance that Le-Koro was under attack by the beetles and we got to make things interesting.

By the way, is there going to be a ceremony, festival, celebration or what not for the people who fought be officially held? Kongu's been pretty mum lately so I'm not totally sure.

Edited by Banana Gunz

Ah, okay! I just wasn't sure. I know the staff are busy but it just felt like the group I'm playing with was a little confused as to where they were and what they were doing. Sadly I get the idea that perhaps the party might end with somber feelings if that's when Kongu learns of Ko's takeover...

Ah, right! My apologies, I forgot for a second there. But it doesn't matter. I really meant anyone contributing to the game or having a large role in it. You may not be a staff, but I imagine it's still a responsibility to have to make decisions like that, playing as a character in power and all.

Do it. :D That'd be awesome. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC (Ayiwah/Leah):

:All shore party members, I have a new order for you: When interacting with the locals, pay special attention to their abilities and assess how well you get along with them. Cooperation will be required and I want to know if it can be done asap. Report back to me at your earliest convenience.:

If anyone wanted to field-test this, there's still room in Aokora's archeological expedition.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC (Ayiwah/Leah):

:All shore party members, I have a new order for you: When interacting with the locals, pay special attention to their abilities and assess how well you get along with them. Cooperation will be required and I want to know if it can be done asap. Report back to me at your earliest convenience.:

If anyone wanted to field-test this, there's still room in Aokora's archeological expedition.

I'd be interested but my character is stuck in a salad restaurant at the moment.