BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Wow I am dense. Somehow I actually knew that already. Brain fart moment there. :P

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Nixie existed long before the Amulet Quest. :P

In direct answer to the question, Naming Day is not something we've ever addressed. More than likely they have the names they do because that's what they were known by for the vast majority of the canon they were in. Personally, I don't consider the BZPRPG's Jaller to ever have been "Jala".

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Oh.

Right now, I'm just waiting for Tyler to approve my RPG so I can post it. Adomai has a similar plight, but... eh.

Still, I'm at... what, 4 out of 5?

not sure why this post existed besides calling me out for not getting to your rpg yet, so in the healthy assumption that this was just an attempt to bait me to read your game i'll give you a 4/10 for effort and maybe look it over tonight because i'm a nice guy

-Tyler

• Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I was comparing my wait to Adomai's. Life imitates art, y'know?

FYI, no, I wasn't trying to bait. I never try. I do.

As to Kray, I think I've seen some people in the location topics refer to Naming Day (I.E. "Whaddya waiting for, Naming Day?") but I can't remember who it was.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Naming Day has never been a large part of BZPRPG canon. I was stating that, as far as I am concerned, Jaller's name has always been Jaller. Those who choose to use Naming Day as a Christmas analogue do so for that reason specifically (for example that original saying would have been "What are you waiting for, Christmas?"), not as the basis for a name change.

Naming Day is pretty much a nonfactor as far as I'm concerned. If someone else wishes to use it, there's no reason they can't.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Yeah the "Naming Day" Is a celebration where Matoran can have a name change for certain deeds. There are also gifts given I heard. Thus what some can akin it to Major Gift giving holidays.  

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Over a hundred Toa in the Ta-Koro Guard?  @_@ I know we're playing fast and loose with canon, but still.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

A number off the top of my head, mostly. The Ta-Koro Guard, counting reservists, has a estimated headcount exceeding five hundred. Mostly due to its military tradition meaning that half of the 'civilian' forces are Guard reservists. Take into account that that puts the village at between nine hundred and a thousand villagers, and you get ~ten percent of the village's occupants being Toa. And that's assuming that the figure is completely accurate.

Makes sense to me.

All of these population statistics, for the record, come from figures decided on back at the start of the arc when hard numbers actually mattered. :P

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

Yup... Still waiting for Dravennica to find Dayeth and Mortem so she can inform them of the plan that is no longer happening...

They could probably join this expedition Zarkov is now on

Pls no.

Funny story, Alijar: Dravennica was a member of the party you signed up to join way back when we were still planning on going after Vakua, and she was trying to get Mortem, Khil'rayu, and Dayeth to go along as well.

And we totally weren't going to bury a wounded Krakant beneath a snowbank... again...

Back to the topic at hand, I already have two characters on this quest from the Ga-Koro side, and I'd rather not have them run into her since she'd most likely murder them both. That, and the amulet powers don't seem to be as flexible as normal elemental powers.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Long bus rides to and from college does funny things. Too tired right now to actively RP, but not enough to keep my mind whirring. This week is a busy one, with me having the first week back at college (even with less classes than normal) plus I'm running stuff for Pathfinder at PAX South, so I need to prepare for that... not to mention I'm busy pretty much all weekend with it. Next week will probably bring about a proper commencement of the Expeditions, because of this. Anyway, some mental tablescraps I came up with:

For some reason, I have been obsessed with Metal Gear Rising lately, evidenced by the OST creeping into my profile playlists, but I really want to see a Fa-Toa with Monsoon's body type. Probably a result of Antidermis, but either way, something interesting to think about. It's like Zaktan, but toned down, and slightly creepier (and less powerful), since its not just 'protodites', its 'Mata Nui I think he just threw his elbow at me'. Give them a Calix, or something similar to boost reflexes, and you have Monsoon's annoying dodging.

And, a fight that involves multiple participants (not as widespread as a warzone, but at least three-four participants) where weapons are, willingly or not, swapped, and the characters have to adapt. Maybe not to a 'How I use sword' level, but I always have been a fan of fighting using the enemy's weapons since the Assassin's Creed II trailer.

The times, they are a-changing...

Oh. I ssssee. Of course, his science includes assuming an ideal spherical Hubert. Methinks something's a bit iffy there, unless Hubert actually is an ideal sphere. In that case, he's gotta go on a diet. 

Wait, whaddya mean practice what you preach? I'm only, what, slightly obese? I don't need your new age hipster baloney!

So... remember when I compared my waiting to Adomai's in an attempt to bait Tyler into reviewing it? Yeah... good times. 

Back on topic, I actually feel that a lot of the misadventures that happen because, instead of right man in the wrong place, it's wrong man in the right place, since our poor, poor PCs get sucked into things they want nothing to do with or get more than they bargained for. For instance, Halyx wanted to join a Toa team. He ended up captured by pirates, keeps getting attacked by a flying assassin, and has severe laser-guided amnesia. At least he has the magical ability to travel at the speed of plot.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I find that the forum doesn't really pick up speed until somewhere between 4 - 6 PM EST. Conversely, it also seems to die down around 6 AM EST.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I find that the forum doesn't really pick up speed until somewhere between 4 - 6 PM EST. Conversely, it also seems to die down around 6 AM EST.

It still hasn't really picked up. I'm guessing people are having their exams around this time, like I have them on Friday but i'd rather be here than studying.

"Kids"? Indeed. Though I am no in school so thankfully I don't have to worry about exams. I hated to do them when I was in school. A necessary evil to be sure.

Onua.png

Ten years older than me... that's kinda scary... 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ok, where is my cane? I feel like a rusting Turaga now....

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png