BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yep. Never enough love for E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. Anyway, just wanted to let everybody know that after tomorrow, I'm going on a five-day trip that most likely will deprive me of internet access. The best I can hope for is mobile coverage, and even that's something I have to hope for. I'm going to be busy tomorrow as well, for most of the day; I'll try to not leave too many cliffhangers for my absence.

Edited by Necrocybermancer

The times, they are a-changing...

(remember: going down a double black diamond on your is still going down a double black diamond buddy)

more jasik coming up this weekend hopefully (~this is an on topic news&discussion post~)

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I don't see why not. They can communicate and create plant-life right? So why limit them and say that could not influence the properties of said plant?

P.S. Does that make Gen2 Lewa a Bo-Toa? Maybe his name should be Bowa instead?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

There are certain plants which can act as anaesthetic in a pinch (which, according to a brief Google search, could include bulleyaconitine and certain curares), but they would be tricky to administer without ... y'know ... killing the person they were administered to.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

So.

Does anyone know if a Bo-Toa could create a type of plant that could work as a decent anaesthetic?

What type of anaesthetic?

One strong enough for medical use, but not so strong that it'd kill you. Plants probably wouldn't be able to give just a local anaesthetic, but what I'm looking for is general, so that doesn't really matter.

VBWj75sh.png

That really wouldn't qualify them as anesthetic more like a neurotoxin or whatever you'd call a lethal toxin.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

All that post means is that one side wants to get away without starting a war. We still have to see if the Umbraline and Fursic clans will allow it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Let's not count our chickens before the clashing egos of Jasik and Yumiwa have met.

-Void

jay is chillin

ye is chillin

what more can i sayyyyy

we killin um

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

...So, this is my first time here at BZP, though I'm not a stranger to RP or forum RP. I just have a couple of questions before I get started:

1) What exactly is a 'weakness' in a profile? Apparently it has to be included in the profile, but I've never seen anything like that before. Obviously I know the definition of the word, but shouldn't weaknesses pretty much be either obvious or revealed when something happens? The only thing I see this doing is encouraging metagaming.

2) Is it okay if I make a 'trio'?

Well, first of all welcome :P

1) A weakness is a trait or series of traits (or lack of a trait) that makes your character vulnerable in some regard. Every character has to have at least one weakness for balancing purposes. I'd recommend reading the profiles of other players to get a better understanding of how weaknesses come into play. It's not really meta-gamey at all if your weaknesses are more specific than general. Even so, metagaming isn't allowed and observant players will call it out and refute it if another is doing so.

2) Of course, as long as you create three separate profiles (one per character).

Edited by Perp
  • Upvote 1

Yeah a weakness is by default is what you want to put there. For example for my 3 characters one has a strong fear of water, another is overly trusting, an the last is got aggressive issues, though what could you expect when he is a Rahi.

So basically anything that could be exploited to weaken your character or to otherwise keep them from being omnipotent would go under weaknesses. While this can be something easily noticed like a physical deformity or something less so like mental or character flaw in their personality. This is not so much so your character will be defeated mere so they can be defeated. Along with the rule against meta-gaming anyone who does not know your character personally would automatically know what your weaknesses are. Unless they are physical then said weakness is fair game...

Yeah you can have any relation you want if any at all between your characters. If you want to make some form of trine just remember they can be a team but each character requires their own separate profile.

On a final note... Welcome to the Forum and the BZPRPG...

• Upvote 1

Onua.png

1) What exactly is a 'weakness' in a profile? Apparently it has to be included in the profile, but I've never seen anything like that before. Obviously I know the definition of the word, but shouldn't weaknesses pretty much be either obvious or revealed when something happens? The only thing I see this doing is encouraging metagaming.

You've got a good point here. In an ideal world, we wouldn't need to put weaknesses in our profiles: everyone would just play fairly and allow their characters' natural weaknesses to be exploited. However, this world isn't perfect, and there's a lot of people who would play their characters without any weaknesses at all if they were allowed, which would make the game less fun for everyone who would play fairly.

Basically, because everyone puts their characters' weaknesses in their profiles, everybody's on an equal playing field. :)

• Upvote 5

not sure how much of Aokora's expedition was in fact in the room. So far I think only four of us have been posting. What are the others suppose to do if they didn't make it in the room?

Onua.png