BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Cool, are you doing all the Koros or just Ko-Koro? Prowl wants to see these maps. Also having a location for Doseki's place would be cool.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

It's overdue, but it's here at last:

:s: :2: :q: :4: EXO-MATORAN OWNERSHIP INFORMATION :m_p: :a: :8: :f:

npglcp.jpg

(a rough estimation of what these bad boys look like)

So you're an Ussalry warrior eager to increase his brawn in battle? A Ga-Matoran, tired of being called short by those pesky merchants? A visiting Dashi desperate to get her paws on some sweet, sweet Native Tech? The solution to all your problems is the same: the newest innovation from Onu-Koro's brilliant mechanical minds, the uber-armor you didn't even know you wanted until it was revealed to you... the EXO-MATORAN SUIT!

What the Exo-Matoran is:

• A powerful, enclosed-cockpit mechanical exo-suit for Matoran-sized pilots.
  • Fashioned primarily out of parts of gathered Rahkshi corpses (and now there's a real demand for these!), making its metallic alloys - like Rahkshi are - resistant to typical Elemental Magnetism and Iron powers.
  • Powered by batteries which usually must be recharged (generally by solar power, though steam and geothermal generators like those of Ta-Koro can also replenish the batteries) roughly once after a normal-duration fight or long trek.
  • Highly customizable. Suits include two hands, two shoulders, two feet, two elbows, and even two ankles where an enterprising pilot can affix different kinds of weaponry (and we've not even mentioned different paint jobs).
  • Stronger than a Matoran and most Toa. The servo motors operating on full torque are roughly equivalent to the strength of a Kanohi Pakari user.
  • Much more durable than a Matoran and most Toa... remember, this is made from Rahkshi stuff! And those guys are t-o-u-g-h!

What the Exo-Matoran isn't:

• Invincible. Joints of the armor are generally the weakest points, but other critical weaknesses - including the quartz windscreens, which shatter much more easily than the armor around them - abound. These suits are really only one stage past prototype, pushed into mass production before their maturity.
  • Readily available. For the moment (and under Nuparu's discretion), all Exo-Matoran suits belong to Onu-Koro. They will be distributed according to Nuparu's wishes.
  • Unlimited in supply. Only 12 Exo-Matoran have been built so far. Before another can be made, Onu-Koro's engineers must get their hands on five new dead Rahkshi... that've been killed IC by PCs. Get on that Rahkshi Hunter Hype!
  • Unlimited in ability. The Exo-Matoran isn't nearly as fast as its pilot, and sacrifices a lot of classic Matoran agility in favor of brute strength. The pilot loses some peripheral vision... and it can get mighty stuffy in that cockpit! Exo-Matoran also function badly in extreme temperatures.

Administrative Logistics!

"Okay, okay," you say. "Okay, I got the specs, I know what these things are now. So how do I get my hands on one of these bad boys?" Well, I'll tell you. The answer's pretty simple: to get an Exo-Matoran, talk to Nuparu. He has 12 suits to disperse, and he can disperse them however he may please. Send Geardirector (his player) PMs, approach the Akiri IC, whatever your preference is.

If you're lucky enough to land one of the machines, your Exo-Matoran must be posted in your Profiles Topic post as a separate character from the pilot. The required fields for these "special characters" are:

• Suit Identification Code. This four-digit combination of numbers and letters will be given to you by Geardirector when you get a suit. I have personally sent Geardirector a list of 12 codes, so both he and I will know if you're using a licensed suit, or you've just made one appear from thin air. Obviously that sort of thing won't be tolerated. As/if new suits are built, Geardirector will make new codes and share those with me.
  • Nickname. Actually required for your set of armor... So it'd better be good.
  • Pilot. Specify which character owns and rides in the suit.
  • Weapons customization. The armament (and aesthetic design; again with the paint job!) of an Exo-Matoran falls under the purview of the first player to own it. You can include any/all king-sized melee weapons that your heart desires, but if you want to include an artillery-sized Patero Launcher somewhere too, you can only have one, and it will slow your suit down.
  • A detailed description or image. Ideally, you include previous battle damages in this.

Because Exo-Matoran suits exist in the Profiles Topic as characters, they - like their pilots - cannot be damaged without the players' say-so. Any other kind of attack is considered an autohit.

If you have any questions about Exo-Matoran suits, here's the time and place to ask them. Happy playing!

• Upvote 13

test2.png

Between the need for special alloys won in combat, the propensity for nicknames, and the customization, those are snazzy X-COM vibes.

And considering the Dark Walk's defeated Rahkshi, those are good construction vibes.

But really, for the Ussalmen who defeated said Rahkshi, those are beautiful reward vibes...

Hitting me with all the postive waves, man.

1411-3.jpg

Edited by The Scottish Play

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Well, this is going to be interesting.

I encourage everyone interested in getting their Matoran an Exo-suit to give it a shot, whicever way to prefer. The only thing I ask is that you all let me know why you want one and what you would do with it if you got a hold of it.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

How do the empty rahkshi suits from the end of Arc 1 play into that "five per armor set" rule?

As stated in Nuju's post, Rahkshi armour for Exo-Matoran must be acquired by PCs by killing them IC. You may assume that the dead Rahkshi from Arc 1 have been salvaged by now and are not available for use.

• Upvote 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

That's a couple hundred suits of rahkshi armor, figured they were probably being held onto by the Akiri in warehouses or something.

Oh well, it was an idea.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

If you have any questions about Exo-Matoran suits, here's the time and place to ask them. Happy playing!

Yees, Are these multi-sized or is it suppose to be something like, One-size-fits-all type deal? Reason I ask is because I have two active Matoran characters and others in the wind. However they are generally speaking the rebuilt design. Would that make them ineligible due to being larger than the diminished Matoran size depicted in the image? Also what of other small races such as Turaga. Even though this is called the Exo-Matoran are they the only ones to be able to use it? What if a Turaga character wanted one?

I encourage everyone interested in getting their Matoran an Exo-suit to give it a shot, whicever way to prefer. The only thing I ask is that you all let me know why you want one and what you would do with it if you got a hold of it.

I want one because I was not allowed to have a diver suit for my Ga-Matoran at the start of her creation. I think this was mentioned way back when and I have been just waiting for an official release to ask about it. So could they be used to supplement an underwater lifestyle or due to being primarily Onu-Matoran, would an aquatic variant be out of the question?

• Upvote 1

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I think an aquatic version would be rather hard to actually make with the current tech level. It's made entirely out of heavy things and probably is not going float very well...or at all.

Not staff but those are my thoughts.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OMG imagine an aquatic one with rotors and harpoons and so much throwbots goodness...  Although, it's probably best for deep sea walking, instead of deep sea diving, at this point.

like those old bell-suits,

just pant it glow in the dark to keep meddling kids away from your secret treasure!

• Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

How do the empty rahkshi suits from the end of Arc 1 play into that "five per armor set" rule?

As stated in Nuju's post, Rahkshi armour for Exo-Matoran must be acquired by PCs by killing them IC. You may assume that the dead Rahkshi from Arc 1 have been salvaged by now and are not available for use.

Correct. Assume stockpiled Rahkshi armor gathered thus far has already been used on the first 12 Exo-Matoran. That was 60 Rahkshi, which is actually a lot.

Yees, Are these multi-sized or is it suppose to be something like, One-size-fits-all type deal? Reason I ask is because I have two active Matoran characters and others in the wind. However they are generally speaking the rebuilt design. Would that make them ineligible due to being larger than the diminished Matoran size depicted in the image? Also what of other small races such as Turaga. Even though this is called the Exo-Matoran are they the only ones to be able to use it? What if a Turaga character wanted one?

I want one because I was not allowed to have a diver suit for my Ga-Matoran at the start of her creation. I think this was mentioned way back when and I have been just waiting for an official release to ask about it. So could they be used to supplement an underwater lifestyle or due to being primarily Onu-Matoran, would an aquatic variant be out of the question?

In response to your first question: the Exo-Matoran has been designed to accommodate even the largest Matoran; remember, after all, these were built with the burliest of Ussalrymatoran in mind! The image in my post is just an approximation of how the Exo-Matoran look, for all of our imagination delights. A Turaga could use an Exo-Matoran, and would have to pursue the same avenues as anybody else to acquire one.

In response to your second question: no aquatically-feasible Exo-Matoran have been built so far, since the Onu-Matoran saw no need for marine suits. If you got 5 Rahkshi corpses and a willing inventor - say, the brilliant Wiremu? - together, though, I imagine it wouldn't be impossible. I'd actually encourage you to pursue that, as I'd love to see an "Aqua-Exo!"

• Upvote 4

test2.png

So... how do these suits protect the pilot from Magnetism powers?

It doesn't. Rules governing the use of Magnetism on PCs and the sheer impracticality of a use of magnetism specific enough to adversely affect the pilot do. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Correct. Assume stockpiled Rahkshi armor gathered thus far has already been used on the first 12 Exo-Matoran. That was 60 Rahkshi, which is actually a lot.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I was talking about the rahkshi stockpiles from all the other koros.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'm not sure you understand how difficult applying magnetism in such a way as to adversely affect the pilot is. :P Lifting a pilot out of the machine is an impossibility due to the fact that there's, you know, a cockpit, and anything you could do to them specifically would require magnetizing them to themselves because their machine is non-ferrous. And given that all they have to do is work the controls, you'd have to specifically target portions of their limbs in such a way as to make movement impossible.

When you can't see their limbs.

Elemental senses and powers only go so far.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

But... magnetic... fields. Are a thing. That exists. That is how magnetism works. In real life.

I'm concerned with a reasonably powerful Magnetism user dragging around a machine by the pilot. That's the reason behind my line of questioning.

No. These aren't light weight, and a Magnetism Toa would not be able to generate sufficient force using the pilot inside. As for magnetic fields... I don't really see that as relevant. You'd have to generate something that could impede the movements of the pilot, again without being able to properly see the target.

Hence, getting to the mech through Magnetism by way of pilot isn't really practical.

fK5oqYf.jpg

... So, magnetism can't actually move people anymore.

What exactly can it do!?

A gigantic, enormous range of things. Including but not limited to navigation, ore prospecting, engineering and industrial usage, manipulation of ferrous metals (this alone has hundreds of uses) and real cool combo effects with your vo-elemental buddy.

Lack of ability to autohit only takes like, one or two usages out of the magnetism playbook.

• Upvote 4

...but close to it

In response to your second question: no aquatically-feasible Exo-Matoran have been built so far, since the Onu-Matoran saw no need for marine suits. If you got 5 Rahkshi corpses and a willing inventor - say, the brilliant Wiremu? - together, though, I imagine it wouldn't be impossible. I'd actually encourage you to pursue that, as I'd love to see an "Aqua-Exo!"

Well Seeing as how she is currently occupied and in a position where she'd not be able to reach/find and communicate with suggested inventor (Wiremu), I likely wont be able to procure one of these 12 suits? Also implying that you've stated mater of fact that none of the current twelve are aqua capable. So may I ask, what of modifications for a later date? So while they were not intentionally designed for underwater travel, does that mean they could not be? For that matter what of the other elemental travel option? Say lava diving? or powered flight? I'm not exactly sure how well the cockpit actually protects the pilot so throwing these concepts out there for myself and others to consider.

For my own personal idea I don't see why with the aid of a mechanic-type character (Orca is not and Doseki crafts tools and weapons not really armor) could not take one of these and outfit them with a scuba functionality. So in the case of possibility would that require a collection of other Parts? Ghosthands posted quoting you stating that in order to get a suit or rather parts for one, the character has to actually kill a rahkshi in the RP to aquire these parts. So... where does that leave this idea if I may ask?

Onua.png

It doesn't matter if you can't see them. Earth's magnetic field affects us, but we can't see the core, can we?

The Earth's magnetic field isn't targeted and generated by a sentient being that has to be able to target. Unless you'd like to make a magnetic field that will affect the entire area such that you don't have to target anything.

Which, for the record, would be incredibly strenuous for very little gain.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Well Seeing as how she is currently occupied and in a position where she'd not be able to reach/find and communicate with suggested inventor (Wiremu), I likely wont be able to procure one of these 12 suits? Also implying that you've stated mater of fact that none of the current twelve are aqua capable. So may I ask, what of modifications for a later date? So while they were not intentionally designed for underwater travel, does that mean they could not be? For that matter what of the other elemental travel option? Say lava diving? or powered flight? I'm not exactly sure how well the cockpit actually protects the pilot so throwing these concepts out there for myself and others to consider.

For my own personal idea I don't see why with the aid of a mechanic-type character (Orca is not and Doseki crafts tools and weapons not really armor) could not take one of these and outfit them with a scuba functionality. So in the case of possibility would that require a collection of other Parts? Ghosthands posted quoting you stating that in order to get a suit or rather parts for one, the character has to actually kill a rahkshi in the RP to aquire these parts. So... where does that leave this idea if I may ask?

On farther thought my previous statement was not entirely correct. It would be possible to give the exo-matoran an airtight seal and internal air system.

However as I brought up before, these suits are going to be heavy. Full three dimensional movement capabilities underwater is asking for a bit much.

• Upvote 2

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Alright, let me provide an example. We have Stark the Fe-Matoran in his ace custom Exo-Matoran, going up against Pyrrha the Fa-Toa. Pyrrha creates a powerful magnetic field above Stark's Exo-Matoran. The actual suit itself is of course immune. The pilot is not, and would be pulled upward inside the cockpit, if it weren't for the straps holding him (since if its expected to do any actual combat, being strapped in is a good idea). However, it does make it harder to move within the cockpit, possibly restricting the controls.

Now, if the suit actually had some sort of ability to disrupt magnetic fields/Fa-powers because of its Rahkshi construction, that would be different, and understandable.

Also, I predict research into heavy-duty shocks, because who doesn't want to be able to drop into battle crushing the ground. Also Ba-Toa are a thing, they throw everything around.

Edited by Necrocybermancer

The times, they are a-changing...

Ba-Toa also control gravity, and half their schtick is throwing things around. And such a use of a magnetic field would be possible, but you also run into the issue of how far that field has to extend. If you've ever played with magnets, it takes a pretty powerful magnet to affect something through a table. Affecting a Matoran, who is far from all metal to begin with, through an entire Exo-Suit?

Several orders of magnitude harder.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Beyond that, Toa of Gravity, last I checked, are subject to some of the same rules as Fe-Toa and Toa of Magnetism.

Those being that they can't just grab the other person with their element and play with them all willy-nilly. That would, presumably, extend to these Exo-Matoran based on what was said in the post, no?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

What I'm saying is that the material between doesn't matter if its non-ferromagnetic; if it can reach through, it reaches through, though there are exceptions. Again, if there is some property that disrupts Fa- powers inherent in the suits, that would work. Also, a Fa-Toa doesn't need metal to work their magic; it makes it far easier, admittedly, but its possible without. Hence how a Fa-Toa might be able to magnetically lift a blade.

Edited by Necrocybermancer

The times, they are a-changing...

If your character is unable IC to procure a suit or inventor, that's nobody's problem to fix but yours.

Currently none of the Exo-Matoran are equipped to go underwater, and if they tried they'd short-circuit. It'd be a major undertaking to modify one of the first 12 Exo-Matoran suits to be functional underwater; pursuing water functionality from the get-go would be a much more efficient way to produce an aquatic Exo-Matoran. You'd definitely be better able to equip it to do more than just sink. Silvan's right to point out that the best you could hope for, at least if you were to modify a "generation 1" Exo-Matoran, would be a very heavy walker for the seafloor, which probably wouldn't be able to go too deep because of mounting water pressure and limited air supply.

If you go lava diving in an Exo-Matoran, both suit and pilot are gonna come out the other side as slag; I said above that the suit isn't good with high temperatures, and there's not much anybody can do to fix that. While the Exo-Matoran is designed to take a pretty long fall without too much damage, flight is out of the question for something so heavy and ill-suited for aerodynamics. Both of these potential applications for the suit are less likely to happen than aquatic compatibility. And to get aquatic capability, you'll really want to start from scratch to get the best result.

If you wanted to have one of your own mechanic characters outfit a generation 1 Exo-Matoran for water use, you could do that, and you wouldn't need to kill any more Rahkshi to make the modifications... that is, if you wanted your new air tanks, etc. to be more vulnerable to damage than the hard Rahkshi armor that makes up the rest of the suit. So, again, I'd encourage you to kill the Rahkshi yourself, bring them to an Onu-Koronan inventor who knows how to make an Exo-Matoran, and get the thing made the right way.

• Upvote 1

test2.png