BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

That is so weird how that happened. So I must have popped into the topic right before the edit was being published? Talk about split second timing.

Sorry, wasn't intending to be too harsh up there. I think I misunderstood what you were asking about; now that you've articulated what you meant, I can answer you by saying that I'm not sure if Geardirector is willing to "reserve" one of the Exo-Matoran for you/others OOC. That's his call, since he gets to distribute them however he wants.

It is all good Nuju. Guess my next step may be to PM him Directly to see where this can go.

Making a suit that can withstand higher pressures is a structural engineering issue; making one that can resist higher temperatures is a substance engineering issue. While it's definitely within their power to shore up the suits by using more Rahkshi armor, and/or shaping the armor into stronger lattice shapes, the Onu-Koronan engineers have neither the know-how nor the ability to augment the actual metallic material they're working with so as to make it withstand heat any better than it already does.

I guess I can see your point there. Was not really thinking about that...

No, there's no list; I'd say again that this is something to bring up with Geardirector. As the leader of Onu-Koro, and the RPer of the lead engineer behind the Exo-Matoran project, he'll be best equipped (and uniquely qualified) to let you know who is actually able to manufacture these things. Odds are good that it's just an NPC engineer team, of which PC Wiremu is the head, that materializes the Exo-Matoran on their Akiri's say-so.

However, if one or more talented engineer PC(s) got their hands on an Exo-Matoran, and studied it, and had the requisite 5 Rahkshi suits available, and got staff permission first, I wouldn't necessarily eliminate the possibility of second-party Exo-Matoran manufacture and customization...

Well do not look to me to do that. I don't currently have any Onu-Koronans or engineers in general who'd fit that bill. There is that name again. So Wiremu would be the best bet IC who could direct my character to the ownership of such a devise. Now how to go about her meeting them in the RP? Guess that is something else I can discuss with Geardirector in my PM to him.

The original Exo-Matoran engineers, having the most thorough understanding of the machines, would be best equipped to innovate further and make a waterproof variety of suit. This would be new territory for them, but I can say definitively from an OOC staff perspective that if you brought the materials to Onu-Koronan engineers (whichever they may be; refer back to earlier in this post where I mentioned that Gear is the sole authority now on who has/doesn't have the know-how to make new ones), I'd allow them to make some kind of waterproof Exo-Matoran.

I doubt any of the currently qualified inventors live in Koros other than Onu, but I'm not the one who can say for sure. IC knowledge would likely still dictate that Onu-Koro is the place to go for this kind of machine.

I figured as much, being both that this is an Onu-Matoran creation. Was thinking more along the lines of Mass Ads telling the other villages that such an advancement in tech has been achieved and to come to Onu-Koro to witness a demonstration. That way non-Onu-Koronans could be informed and flock to the Koro to get their own...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I won't lie, it had been way too long since I'd indulged myself in one of Ga-Koro's famous Takoyaki dishes. For those unaware, Takoyaki is a traditional Ga-Koroan snack dating back to shortly after the village's creation. It's primarily composed of a mix of batter, octopus meat, tempura flakes (delicious), green onion, and small bits of pickled ginger. These elements are all thoroughly mixed together, and fried in a special, cast-iron pan. I say it's special, because it's really more of a griddle than a pan, with uniformly shaped and placed half-spherical moulds. These moulds, during the frying process, are what gives the snack it's trademark spherical shape.

Once everything is fried up, the balls are then brushed with a special takoyaki sauce, which as far as i can tell is kind of similar to Worcestershire, and, interestingly enough, you can also get some mayonnaise in there as well.

To add the final touch of flavor, on is sprinkled a special layer of green laver (that's a type of edible seaweed), and flakes of dried makuta fish, culminating in one of the tastiest treats you'll find this side of Ta-Koro's infamous banana splits (overrated if you ask me).

And now I want takoyaki. D:

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

So I remember a while ago I asked if compasses were a thing to the Dasaka, due to the rarity of iron; Nuju's word was probably not. But, I was reading Ayiwah's page on the wiki, and she carries a compass, so I guess they do exist. Very expensive tool, I'm guessing, like how spyglasses were in the middle ages. More a sign of wealth.

The times, they are a-changing...

Custom Elements are as much a things as they ever were. No one really requests them anymore. 

You say two posts after the guy who had to settle for altered air rather than vacuum as an element

Firstly, one request in ~six months constitutes "no one really requests them". Secondly, requests =/= approval. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So is there a hard fast rule regarding these custom elements? Like what if I wanted to make a hybrid character of multiple elements... say Fire and Earth or a combination of both elements like Lava or something to that extent? Would that be allowed?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I don't think you'll get away with a character having multiple element/powers.

The only exception I can think of is those who've used antidermis to gain new abilities. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

well I was just looking up the elements on Biosec01 and it said under Earth Combinations that:

"Combinations

When combined with the Elemental Power of Fire, it can be used to make lava." So wanted to ask if this was a thing here.

Onua.png

Yes, it's a thing. If an earth user ad a fire user combined their powers, that is (I think Hakann and Reidak did something like this?). But I don't think you'd get away with a single character who had power over both earth and fire. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ah... well maybe I'll make an acid element character or something? Could be interesting. What do you think an Acid Elemental Matoran would be like? Purple and green? Resistant to toxins and poisons? I guess a Toa or Turaga would work just like the other "powered" Acid users.

So do we have a consensus on the Kaita or Nui Fusions here? Like has it ever happened or could it ever happen? I suspect that if allowed it would not be so for players own characters. For example I may not be able to fuse 3 of my own characters but say two of mine and one of another may be allowed. Or something to that extent. Also if so, do they have to be of separate elements or could 3+ of them be the same element? Like say a Po-Kaita Matoran or in the case of the evil aligned Ko-Matoran Nui, lol. What abilities would it have I wonder?

Onua.png

There haven't been any Kaitas in the past, and I don't think there will be any time soon.

Matoran Kaita maaaaaaaay might have a chance of seeing the light of day. We could take a page from Corpus Rahkshi and emulate the Kaita mechanism from that game; three players fuse three characters into one larger being, and then coordinate with each other, agreeing on all of its movements. You could ask Ultimo (Chumpu) or Nato (Torchwick) for more info on that.

Toa Kaita? Forget it. Three elements plus three mask powers...

Yes, it's a thing. If an earth user ad a fire user combined their powers, that is (I think Hakann and Reidak did something like this?). But I don't think you'd get away with a single character who had power over both earth and fire. 

The Maru used a lava attack in their fight against Makuta, it was pretty powerful. Hakann also has a lava launcher in game, though I don't know if he was only granted that because he has one in canon or not, as lava is pretty high up there on the "you're screwed if it hits you" rankings.

...but close to it

Kaitas, Matoran Nuis, and Turaga Nuis are strictly prohibited. Dual element characters are similar, in that their likelihood of approval is next to zero.

Well that pretty much ends that argument I guess. lol. Still being fairly new to the story I wanted to ask. Also I think I read most likely on the wiki that a character had two elements. Not sure if it was a staff character or not.

Anyway what say on the Acid element type for a character? Think I could try it out and see what develops?

Onua.png

Well that pretty much ends that argument I guess. lol. Still being fairly new to the story I wanted to ask. Also I think I read most likely on the wiki that a character had two elements. Not sure if it was a staff character or not.

Anyway what say on the Acid element type for a character? Think I could try it out and see what develops?

I suspect the 'character' you're referring to is Aeolus and Arden, two Toa whose spirits have become trapped in the same body (Iden accident, surprise surprise), with special permission from the staff. Their elements, Fire and Water, have become 'intertwined', so to speak: they cannot use one without using the other, leading them to be referred to collectively as a 'Toa of Steam'.

According to canon, Acid is a power and not an element, but we (the staff) might be open to allowing it as a custom element in the BZPRPG.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Absolutely. In the Old BZPRPG, custom powers, not just elements, were everywhere. Pretty much nothing was banned, so people went wild. Sometimes the results were pretty out there. In the NBZP, and now the BZIII, they've been around too. Doomslayer used to be a Toa of Oil, we had a few Toa of Kinetics around. They haven't been very common this arc, in large part because the ones that were here in 2012 may not have been re-approved initially, or the players that used them may have dropped out.

Short answer, yes. And they're still allowed, you just have to really put thought into what you're asking for. Not because we don't want to let you do it, but because an element has so many potential uses that we have to be careful in what we approve.

Vacuum, for example, was pretty similar to Air and had proposed effects that didn't necessarily work.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Pretty close. Less restrictions meant that the powers were even more crazy than Bionifight. Full powered Makuta were fairly normal.

The end of one arc had a sentient black hole fighting a Great Being of hunger who had eaten the interdimensional ship used by a bunch of chaos beings.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Pretty close. Less restrictions meant that the powers were even more crazy than Bionifight. Full powered Makuta were fairly normal.

The end of one arc had a sentient black hole fighting a Great Being of hunger who had eaten the interdimensional ship used by a bunch of chaos beings.

*Mind blown*

VBWj75sh.png

Pretty close. Less restrictions meant that the powers were even more crazy than Bionifight. 

How is that even possible?

Oh, that's how....

Oh how glad am I those are gone.  And Sha'i'tan wasn't a great being, just a particularly powerful creation of one with delusions of grander.

The Santun war started out awesome but unfortunately fell out at the end due to major people falling off the sight.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. =P

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.