BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

No...

You will be missed. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Just finished a MoC for the new Tiokaha character I'm working on.

Unfortunately, this one came to me with almost no details whatsoever, so now I'm stuck on creating the actual profile. :confused:

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

How does that even work, with the mask and what not? Is there a face? Or does the mask have teeth? Do Matoran need Wisdom teeth pulled before they turn into Toa? Does that make Toa adults? Do Turaga have teeth on that note? Nuju doesn't seem like it(I'm assuming he's dead, I haven't seen any notice of him in the RP.).

Nuju's been dead for quite some time, as I understand it...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1. A character's face is located under their mask (see any Toa set, with the exception of the Hordika and (because of story purposes) the Inika, as reference).

2. I believe there's a section on masks that opens and closes, depending on what the mouth is currently doing (that's how it worked in the movies, anyway).

3. Since this RPG treats its beings as being more humaniod for combat purposes, I would assume that dentistry would function somewhat normally, if not a little more painfully due to the technology barrier.

4. While the aging system you described somewhat applies to the character's voices after transformation (again, movies), Matoran don't naturally transform into Toa (they need a Toa Stone for that). For all intents and purposes, barring any eventful transformations, this RPG actually assumes that a character would normally stick to their particular sub-species throughout the entirety of their lifespan (so a Matoran can be ancient and wizened and a Turaga can be youthful and full of vigor).

5. Nuju was assassinated (?), along with the rest of the Turaga, way back when the Toa Maru were still fighting Makuta and his forces, I believe.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

How does that even work, with the mask and what not? Is there a face? Or does the mask have teeth? Do Matoran need Wisdom teeth pulled before they turn into Toa? Does that make Toa adults? Do Turaga have teeth on that note? Nuju doesn't seem like it(I'm assuming he's dead, I haven't seen any notice of him in the RP.).

O h  b o y.  We get some of these every few weeks. Timageness basically got it, but for the purposes of official clarity, here I go. :P

The BZPRPG treats basically all humanoid species as being human-esque, physiologically. They have hearts, lungs, brains, all the internal organs you or I do. Yes, they have teeth. Heck, the Skakdi canonically have teeth. Most people generally treat a mask as being like a face, but given that you can take them off and change them, that gets a little weird. Exactly how people think about that varies from person to person. Toa are not inherently adults, but you probably won't see one that would be considered a child very often.

Matoran/Toa/Turaga don't all have an inherent "age". There are many, many Matoran that will live their entire lives as Matoran. The ones that turn into Toa may grow old long before they become Turaga. And a Toa might become a Turaga much younger than usual, if the circumstances were right. Any of them could be any age. I'm not worrying about the wisdom teeth issue because there's no point. :P

And yes, Nuju is dead. All of the Turaga (and by that I mean the Turaga Metru) are.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I personally see them as closer to the movie interpretations. The original trilogy, that is. I liked the Huna(Is that Vakama's one? I get mixed up) in them more than the actual set one.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Turaga Metru

wait what

Well, because Nuju, Vakama, and the rest were doing their Toa thing in Metru Nui, that made them the Toa Metru team. Goes to follow that if they turned Turaga that they would be the Turaga Metru.

Can't shake old nicknames.

he's just using 'metru' to clarify exactly who he's talking about

don't read too much into it

: )

-Void

Ding ding ding.

I was going to just say "Turaga", but given that Turaga are a playable species, there aren't just six Turaga on the island. So I used 'Metru' to denote which set of Turaga I was referring to.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

But Turaga aren't all old geezers...

Actually... I was of the understanding that it was possible in the BZPRPG for characters to be born as Toa or Turaga... 

• Upvote 3

Thaaaaaat gets into a slightly more odd aspect of BZPRPG canon that isn't generally explored in very much detail. I'm not even certain there's an official staff ruling on whether or not that is possible, though several characters have been implied to be born as Toa. Just not outright stated.

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

Thaaaaaat gets into a slightly more odd aspect of BZPRPG canon that isn't generally explored in very much detail. I'm not even certain there's an official staff ruling on whether or not that is possible, though several characters have been implied to be born as Toa. Just not outright stated.

Ah, fair enough. 

I always assumed that the 'natural Toa' come into existence as matoran, then fully transformed during early 'adolescence'.

Except you know, not all Matoran become Toa, and some Toa were never Matoran to begin with, even though most do start out as Matoran. How 'old' they are really has nothing to do with it.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Well, most of the Toa native Mata Nui have been assumed to be created by Mata Nui's last gambit.  The dasaka certainly suggest that it's pretty much guaranteed that two toa will produce a toa child.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Turaga children playing games in the streets, hobbling along as fast as they can to like knock a ball around or something.

On another note, for Toa tools, are quake breakers allowed at all?

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Indeed? Then perhaps the same could happen with turaga? A turaga child... what a weird thought.

I think it's generally understood that Turaga transformations halt the ability to reproduce.  I mean, since we're incorporating humanlike things like reproduction it just makes sense.  Old people in the real world don't have children together.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I think it's generally understood that Turaga transformations halt the ability to reproduce.  I mean, since we're incorporating humanlike things like reproduction it just makes sense.  Old people in the real world don't have children together.

I give my official endorsement to this interpretation. I think it's just common sense that Turaga children shouldn't be a thing.

Now, I think we've strayed close enough to the iffy topic that is reproduction, so let's not go any further, eh? :P

(Side note: hello all, I'm back from my unannounced and unintended hiatus. In hindsight, I suppose I should've expected my holiday to be as action-packed as it was. Please let me know if you need posts/approvals/advice/whatever.)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png