BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

RZ4aSPl.jpg

Big thank you to Vezok's Friend for the base image

Would someone mind translating this for lazy people like me, or is that... like, cheating or something? :fear:

The picture looks really cool anyhow. Love Vezok's Friend's artwork; he's just plain awesome.

I have translated though I don't know if it would be counted as cheating or something, though if it isn't I'd be more than happy to post it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

RZ4aSPl.jpg

Big thank you to Vezok's Friend for the base image

Would someone mind translating this for lazy people like me, or is that... like, cheating or something? :fear:

The picture looks really cool anyhow. Love Vezok's Friend's artwork; he's just plain awesome.

"They were terrible creatures. Not people, but creatures, and they had wrought terrible damages"

The white text simply says "BZPRPG Volume 3"

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

i said what i meant and i meant what i said

until nate learns to ban me the game won't stay dead

-Tyler

You're not allowed to get yourself banned

i'm not going to be in charge

i refuse

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Zaka- I mean Skakdiland! Man its been ages since I last saw that picture, not since the big planning chat actually did something if I'm not mistaken.

Also don't get banned Tyler. I have a sneaking suspicion that I would wake up the next day with a message from Alex about a mandatory promotion from unpaid intern.

I want to enjoy this game gosh darn it and I can't do that if I give myself headaches breaking it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The Anxila, at this time, are a nonissue. Until such a time as JL comes back and resumes the plots and events involving them, there has been (and only will be, due to the plot-based nature of their creation) the one batch of Anxila. In other words, anyone who can have one already has one. Uyism is an active character, but the Iroiit as a whole have not been approved on a species-wide basis this arc,

As for what has been approved overall, the staff don't really maintain a list of custom species, masks, and elements. Largely because there are specific circumstances behind them. Uyism and Karnakie, for example, are both individuals from species that are as a whole not approved. Only the specific character is. Similar occurrences happen with masks (Vakua's Suletu, for example), and there are things that were approved that have been quietly axed entirely (looking at you, Valkyr). I'll see about discussing the creation of such a list for next arc, but we don't actively maintain them. The approved species list in the Profiles Topic exists for Bionicle and BZPPG canon species. Bionicle canon is obvious, and the only example of a BZPRPG canon species is the Lesterin, which are on that list because they have become ubiquitous.

To answer the direct question that was asked, though...

Assuming my memory is accurate, there are no active custom elements. There was one example of a custom element this arc, but it was a unique one-off occurrence. Species are a little more broad. We have the Tiokaha, recently. At the start of this arc the Lesterin were custom, but at this point they're just commonplace.

Off the top of my head, those are the only two. A lot of species didn't bridge the gap between Arc 1 and Arc 2, and some of the ones that did were relying on players that are no longer around.

Didn't the Parakuka start off as an idea for a custom species as well? And wouldn't the Dasaka also fall into this category somewhat, even though they were introduced by the GMs?

Ditto for Crystal and Sand (Stone), though the latter is treated more as a substitute power, is custom only in the fact that it wasn't present for canon Toa, and the fact that I cannot personally attest to the activity level of the character in question. And while the example for Steam was the result of an Iden mishap (if that's what the "one-off occurance" happens to refer to), I seem to recall Nato possessing a Toa of Smoke (prompting Nuju to reveal that elements were approved on a case-by-case basis, if my memory is correct), which, last time I checked, was also not a canon element.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Parakuka were not originally custom, they were introduced by Nuju as part of the plot last arc. A case could be made for the Dasaka, but to no one's surprise, they're literally just the BZPRPG's version of Ce-Toa. Their culture and power modifications are noncanon, but that's whet thay are.

You are right about Nato's Toa of Smoke though; I forgot about that one. And the Steam Toa was the one-off I was referring to, yes.

Sand is debatable, but Crystal has been a BZPRPG standard element since the reboot.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Is this potential plot movement I see, a mere two-and-a-half hours before Christmas? 

Can't wait to see what becomes of this. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Parakuka were not originally custom, they were introduced by Nuju as part of the plot last arc.

Ooh, ooh, Trivia Time, Trivia Time!

Aaaaactually the Parakuka were originally somebody's custom species. Their creator (Nebula 2.0, if that player is still around) and I PMed back and forth for several weeks to hone his original species pitch into something that I felt would fit into the BZPRPG world in terms of genre, power balance, etc. I gave the guy kudos in my original announcement post.

It was because I liked the Parakuka so much, and I saw them fitting into my staff plot so well, that I appropriated the baby custom species for my own evil ends. :evilbiggrin:

• Upvote 9

test2.png

Sand is debatable, but Crystal has been a BZPRPG standard element since the reboot.

Since before the reboot actually. It was a pretty popular element in the original game.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Guess who's back?

Before I continue to get back into the action, I need a short recap on events that have happened recently, and a question to answer. That question is; If the Mangai Quest hasn't finished yet (and which I doubt it has), Can I remove the characters who have been stuck in there for goodness knows how long?

Other than that, I'm looking forward to getting stuff done here again.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

There's some important stuff happening in Kentoku's most recent pages right now (look for Tyler and Krayz's posts), and the baddies up in Ko are busy hitting on each other, so expect to see a few romances that'll make you feel genuinely uncomfortable in the near future. 

Oh, and we got a spoiler for next year's arc in this topic.

As for the Mangai Quest, I uuuuh...I dunno? Is it done? If it's not, feel free to retcon your character out of that whole plot and have them go their own merry way as if nothing ever happened.

• Upvote 1

After a fair amount of editing, some minor changes to her MoC, and about an extra fifteen minutes fighting with the site in order to save my changes, Dhalgira's profile is finally finished.

For those who wish to interact with her, feel free to suggest an area for me to start her off in, so long as it isn't Ko-Wahi. Six of my other ten characters have already made their debuts in that region, and I'm not particularly looking forward to making a seventh do so as well.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Hmmm...

A Matoran with an Exo-Suit who doesn't speak and a Tiokaha who isn't too fond of technology and can't read could prove to be an interesting combo, provided that neither of us mind extremely long and drawn out games of Pictionary...

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I've been wondering if I should get involved with the "main" story at all... And the main reason I haven't yet is because the BZPRPG seems so long! (Not to mention I haven't posted in over half a year.) What with that foreshadowing post though... hm.

You veterans out there, give me some advice if you could! Should I join, and if so, when? Things like that.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

While I would absolutely encourage you to take part in the main plot, there isn't a lot to take part in at the moment. This Volume is currently in its final stretch. Buuut the next Volume (which will be coming soon, hence the teaser) should have much more to be involved in, and I would really encourage it. :)

fK5oqYf.jpg

Not trying to imply that I'm a veteran player by any means, but I suggest starting off by forming a general idea of what your characters want to accomplish first, and then try to involve them in whatever comes their way, so long as it reasonably meshes with some of their pre-established goals. That way, whether or not said plot has any relevance to the overall story, you still have something your characters can relate to, and it will feel less like they're merely going through the motions.

For example, when I created Verulas, I originally had two things in mind for his specific character; fighting people, and getting paid for doing so, which is part of the reason why I expressed interest in joining The Outsiders shortly after Requiem made a post about them in this topic. When a member became seriously injured shortly afterwards at a time where our healer was temporarily out of action, one of his personality quirks (specifically the one where he hates seeing his comrades get hurt) caused him to suggest that they go out in search of another, thus partially and completely unexpectedly leading up to the alliance the group has with Ihu-Koro. So because of this, not only do I get to occasionally send him all over the island in order to do missions, but the organisation as a whole now has a part to play during the current conflict taking place in Ko-Wahi.

I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that if you do decide to join in on the story, you might be better off trying to ease your characters into it instead of rushing into something, only to find out later that you don't like where it's starting to take them. And while it may limit your access to only the information found in the Starter Topic, the other occasional posts that have been linked to in this one, and whatever you can gain from the areas you currently have a character in, it might also be somewhat helpful to adopt a "The Story Starts With Me" perspective as well, in the event that you don't want to spend hours reading through the stuff that's already happened or simply don't have as much time as you'd like to post. :P

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

so I kinda disappeared for a bit there, I'll admit

but anyway I should be mostly sorta maybe back now

so if anyone is waiting on a post from me, shoot me a PM

general stuff concerning what I might have missed:

is the mangai quest still going?

anyone know what's happening with the Outsiders?

that's about it.

Kathok

As far as I know, The Outsiders have been pretty inactive as of late; almost none of the characters in Kini Nui have recieved any attention recently, Obsidian hasn't had any activity in a while, and despite my efforts to get the Ga-Wahi Team up and running again, I've been the only one posting.

And Nato will probably agree with me on this since he has characters in both groups, but I really don't want the Mangaia Team to run into Dravennica and her allies down there (especially right in front of The Vault), so in a way, they're kind of holding up their progress as well.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

i said what i meant and i meant what i said

until nate learns to ban me the game won't stay dead

-Tyler

You're not allowed to get yourself banned

i'm not going to be in charge

i refuse

do you feel—

wait

[ ]

Edit: Please don't bypass the word filter.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

helo frens

IC Nomaku:

Nomaku arrived to Koro. It was bigger than he remembered, but entrance was still there. He slowly walked past many huts, until he saw a bigger one and went in. There seemed to be a lot of people he didn't know.

OOC: Bright-Star Inn. Open for interaction.

Somebody to help me get into it?

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic