BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Interesting. Pretty sure the Parakuka were a player creation that was incorporated into the story by the staff, right?

What are the Tiokaha?

Tiokaha Introductory Post.

The link within said post goes into even greater detail, so be sure to read up on that as well.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OK, yeah, I don't know why I suddenly forgot it there. Only the Lesterin, Araka, and Tiokaha are player-created. So...three.

​There aren't many player-created species. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is one Iroiit.

The jig is up compadre. We've been caught.

But yeah I might be back as well, might not.
Cut the dramatics, Hubert. Nobody would've recognised you and your miniscule post count.

OK, yeah, I don't know why I suddenly forgot it there. Only the Lesterin, Araka, and Tiokaha are player-created. So...three.

​There aren't many player-created species. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is one Iroiit.

​OK then, four!

​...what's an Iroiit exactly.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Inspired by SnowyAegis's new species Araka, and by The Amaztastical Lynn's take on the species in LDD, I wanted to try my hand at creating a simple Araka...
And earlier this afternoon I finally got around to making made this. (Brickshelf image link, I hope it works.)

It's a Regenerate Araka. The whole "green" theme made me think Jungle, so I gave it a machete and crossbow. I feel like I should have worked harder, but eh.

Don't know if I'll end up using this particular character or not, but I thought the species was very cool.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

Inspired by SnowyAegis's new species Araka, and by The Amaztastical Lynn's take on the species in LDD, I wanted to try my hand at creating a simple Araka...

And earlier this afternoon I finally got around to making made this. (Brickshelf image link, I hope it works.)

It's a Regenerate Araka. The whole "green" theme made me think Jungle, so I gave it a machete and crossbow. I feel like I should have worked harder, but eh.

Don't know if I'll end up using this particular character or not, but I thought the species was very cool.

Caw blimey, that's cool! Fitting, considering their home is a jungle.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got proper artwork for Chivinix done, aka the custom... character, feels weird to call it that, I have here in the BZPRPG. Done by the Requiem, the same person who did SnowyAegis's Wasuka.

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

In the future, Snowy, it's generally advised to avoid double-posting. There's a 24 hour rule for the game topics, but that doesn't usually apply in Discussion. To answer your question, it depends. In some cases it would be considered one item, such as Zamor launchers and their munitions, but in other cases it may be considered two.

Foreign tech is very much considered on an individual basis, so the answer may vary from request to request.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

NOTICE --

As a few of you might have noticed (or perhaps I flatter myself), I've been becoming increasingly more prone to bouts of inactivity since this spring, and by now I'm down to one (inactive) character and so I'm not going to prolong the charade any longer. Due to IRL changes and goings-on, I'm withdrawing myself from the BZPRPG for the foreseeable future.

My one character who's still sort of involved in anything, Hammerlock, will go MIA in the Mangaia during the Rahkshi skirmish he is presently participating in. And so that clears up that single loose end.

Also I'd like to thank you all for the opportunity to roleplay here. I've had a great couple years in the BZPRPG, and I've made a lot of memories. It's been a grand time for me, and I feel privileged. Thanks so much!

Special thanks also to Geardirector in particular, who took me under his wing and helped me get started in my months as a newbie, and has been a just generally wonderful person since then. You rock, man. Keep up the good work, wherever life takes you.

And in closing, thanks a third time to this special, special community. Keep on dreaming; it's a precious skill in a hard cold world. Fare ye well, every one, and best of luck in all your worthy endeavors. ^_^

Shadowhawk, signing off.

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: it's explained in Azi's character profile that the blades themselves are actually prototype elemental energy constructs, meaning they are made of elemental energy. He has two modes for them one for living targets(stun) and one for nonliving(kill).

That's some pretty fancy tech you got there. Might need it approved.

OOC: it's explained in Azi's character profile that the blades themselves are actually prototype elemental energy constructs, meaning they are made of elemental energy. He has two modes for them one for living targets(stun) and one for nonliving(kill).

That's some pretty fancy tech you got there. Might need it approved.

Thank you.

​Also friggin' reply in Ga, I've been meaning to PM you but keep forgetting.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

If you load compacted gravel into a Patero, have you got yourself a rudimentary shotgun?

As for my actual question, is there anyone you need to talk to if you want a character to be in one of the various military forces?

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Not if you want to have a character involved in a Guard force. If you want one in a position of authority, or if you have specific plans, it's not a bad idea to speak with the Akiri of that particular Koro.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

A shotgun like that would certainly hurt but I doubt it could kill.

And yeah, what Peele said. People are free to make basic Guardsmen wherever they feel like it, either with a new character or if it's somebody already being played. In the case of the latter you could PM the Akiri player asking them to control the recruiter, but it would be easier for everybody if you just did it yourself(provided you stayed reasonable) or just did a tiny timeskip over it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

To be fair, there is always going to be at least one element that's a hard counter to whatever piece of non-sufficiently advanced technology you have.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Well, if they can fire off clusters of bamboo arrows all at once and still damage armored biomechanical beings with them, then the air pressure of an average Patero Launcher would likely be somewhere near the equivalent of a real life potato gun at the very least, and those have been proven to be able to kill people under certain conditions.

So yeah, provided that said Po-Toa (or any other Toa for that matter) wasn't able to realise that they could manipulate the ammo before it was actually fired, they'd still be in some serious trouble in the event that they actually got hit, especially if the ammo in question were either small stones or pieces of metal. And at the speeds they would be traveling, it just wouldn't be reasonable for them to react fast enough to exert their elemental control over it in mid-flight.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.