BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Patero Launchers.

Provided that this is still considered to be accurate, the answer to your question lies within the weapon's description.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Just a quick update for everyone involved in the train heist so far, and to anyone thinking of getting involved:

I'm still working on the post to get this thing started, though it won't be up until next Monday or Tuesday since I'll be out of town this weekend. There's still plenty of time and space for anyone interested in participating. 

Ok, so here's a stupid question: I am terrible at describing things so I made a MOC of my Toa character but the thing is so small it may as well be a Matoran. Would that cause a problem?

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

Ok, so here's a stupid question: I am terrible at describing things so I made a MOC of my Toa character but the thing is so small it may as well be a Matoran. Would that cause a problem?

If you wanted the height of your Toa to be tiny, that's fine. If you want him tall, that's also fine. The MOC height is subjective for the most part, but a MOC two inches tall simply can't be used as a Toa, and a Matoran MOC can't be two feet tall.

question pertaining to the current quest datrox and co. are travelling to be a part of:

​can we keep the ship

Yarr

I think we can, but that won't stop anyone else from trying to steal it, of course

if someone tries to steal my ship they're losing a limb. maybe more.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

If you wanted the height of your Toa to be tiny, that's fine. If you want him tall, that's also fine. The MOC height is subjective for the most part, but a MOC two inches tall simply can't be used as a Toa, and a Matoran MOC can't be two feet tall.

The only thing that matter about the size of the MOC is the the fact that a larger model means greater detail. It should be fine as long as what is made gives people a good idea of what the character looks like.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

widgets are sorta nebulous. no one really earns them, they just come up when necessary, i.e. characters needing to pay for their drinks at a bar they're interacting in. i've seen some people actually state just how much cash their character's are carrying but you don't need to do that. everyone i've interacted with, and my own characters, have never had to earn their widgets and just sorta had them on their person.

​doesn't mean you can't start a business or get a job that pays, just that you don't need to. also doesn't mean that you're automatically a millionaire. just be smart about it.

​edit: 'course i could be wrong, but that's the way it always seemed to me. the only time I've seen people explicitly state they had widgets on their person and/or the specific amount were new players or old profiles made when a player was new.

Edited by McCree

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

widgets are sorta nebulous. no one really earns them, they just come up when necessary, i.e. characters needing to pay for their drinks at a bar they're interacting in. i've seen some people actually state just how much cash their character's are carrying but you don't need to do that. everyone i've interacted with, and my own characters, have never had to earn their widgets and just sorta had them on their person.

​doesn't mean you can't start a business or get a job that pays, just that you don't need to. also doesn't mean that you're automatically a millionaire. just be smart about it.

​edit: 'course i could be wrong, but that's the way it always seemed to me. the only time I've seen people explicitly state they had widgets on their person and/or the specific amount were new players or old profiles made when a player was new.

Aw, having broke characters is so much more fun

What McRee said is more or less correct. The staff have decided that having a hard money system would just be limiting for the game. So you can do whatever you want with widgets as long as it's realistic.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

McRee

my favorite overwatch character

​jezze mcree

​nah but real talk don't try to buy like, a whole village and you'll be good.

-snip snap i'm a friggin' crab-

Aw, having broke characters is so much more fun

datrox was originally going to be broke but I realized that would cause problems when it came to getting food and drinks and I didn't want all of his posts to be npcs getting angry because he's a freeloader

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

datrox was originally going to be broke but I realized that would cause problems when it came to getting food and drinks and I didn't want all of his posts to be npcs getting angry because he's a freeloader

When life gives you lemonade, make... Um... Combustible lemons.

• Upvote 1

the only time I've seen people explicitly state they had widgets on their person and/or the specific amount were new players or old profiles made when a player was new.

Speaking as one of the players who have actually done this, or, in my case, still continue to do so, I simply view it as my own little reminder to keep myself honest.

And yeah, I'm probably the only one who makes my characters earn their money as well, but hey, to each their own. Personally, something about pulling an unspecified amount of widgets out of my characters' backside with little to no explanation as to how it got there in the first place just doesn't sit right with me.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

the only time I've seen people explicitly state they had widgets on their person and/or the specific amount were new players or old profiles made when a player was new.

Speaking as one of the players who have actually done this, or, in my case, still continue to do so, I simply view it as my own little reminder to keep myself honest.

And yeah, I'm probably the only one who makes my characters earn their money as well, but hey, to each their own. Personally, something about pulling an unspecified amount of widgets out of my characters' backside with little to no explanation as to how it got there in the first place just doesn't sit right with me.

it bothered me at first but as time went on and I saw most players just pull 'em out of hammerspace I stopped caring. worrying too much about minor things is a problem I used to have with the bzprpg a lot and it affected my posts at times.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I have a successful businessman with an indeterminably large amount of widgets at his disposal. Granted it took me a lot of time and several government contracts to do so.

Also, buy my stuff. I have all these cool toys but nobody buys them.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I have a successful businessman with an indeterminably large amount of widgets at his disposal. Granted it took me a lot of time and several government contracts to do so.

Also, buy my stuff. I have all these cool toys but nobody buys them.

That depends on what you have.

Semi-automatic crossbow: Using a system of wheels on either end of the crossbows limbs, the effort needed to pull back the string is significantly reduced. This allows the user to simply pull back on a built in bar on the side of the weapon, it being connected to another stub of metal on the inside of the string. reload time is further sped up by the addition of a spring feeder magazine system. When the string is pulled back, a single bolt is pushed up out of the magazine and into the weapon proper.

Explosive crossbow bolt: Most of it is the same as a normal bolt, with the exception of the head. a downsized photothermic powder grenade has been attached to the front and modified to require a fairly serious amount of pressure before going off. Not enough to prevent the weapon from going off after being fired from a crossbow, but enough to avoid accidental explosions as the user runs and dives across the battlefield. Be aware however, that photothermic powder is inherently unstable and that the Mata Nui Technology Emporium takes no responsibility for accidental detonations. (AKA Don't take too many rough tumbles while holding these things.)

Patero Splattergun: So far the only working weapon in the "Elemental" series, and even this one came out different than intended. A modified version of the standard Patero launcher, this one fires a blast of lamp oil out the barrel. It is then ignited by a slow match fixed to the opening, resulting in a spray of flaming liquid. The original plans intended for a bolt able to fly some distance. Instead of the current short ranged burst. Seeing that it was still an effective weapon, Lenat made some modifications to even out the spray and marketed it as a short range weapon useful for high damage first blasts in enclosed spaces.

Electrical Generator: Lenat is proud to say that he has invented one of the first portable and versatile electrical generators. The basic idea is simple, a box of whatever size or shape needed is constructed with solar panels covering the inside. Racks of lightstones are then placed inside to generate the light for the panels.The resulting generator can range anywhere from the size of a house or all the way down to a single lightstone box, it depends on how much electricity is needed.

Telegram: His most recent invention, the telegram is a system of wires running between two points. On either end are equipment to read the electrical pulses and turn them into audible noises. Said equipment on either end is the same kind used in radios, but without the bulky equipment needed to send and receive radio signals the resulting piece of machinery can easily fit on a table.

The Mata Nui Technology Emporiums also sells various little semi-advanced quality-of-life items such as clockwork toasters. Custom items can be asked for and will be priced on an individual basis.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Semi-automatic crossbow: Using a system of wheels on either end of the crossbows limbs, the effort needed to pull back the string is significantly reduced. This allows the user to simply pull back on a built in bar on the side of the weapon, it being connected to another stub of metal on the inside of the string. reload time is further sped up by the addition of a spring feeder magazine system. When the string is pulled back, a single bolt is pushed up out of the magazine and into the weapon proper.

Explosive crossbow bolt: Most of it is the same as a normal bolt, with the exception of the head. a downsized photothermic powder grenade has been attached to the front and modified to require a fairly serious amount of pressure before going off. Not enough to prevent the weapon from going off after being fired from a crossbow, but enough to avoid accidental explosions as the user runs and dives across the battlefield. Be aware however, that photothermic powder is inherently unstable and that the Mata Nui Technology Emporium takes no responsibility for accidental detonations. (AKA Don't take too many rough tumbles while holding these things.)

Patero Splattergun: So far the only working weapon in the "Elemental" series, and even this one came out different than intended. A modified version of the standard Patero launcher, this one fires a blast of lamp oil out the barrel. It is then ignited by a slow match fixed to the opening, resulting in a spray of flaming liquid. The original plans intended for a bolt able to fly some distance. Instead of the current short ranged burst. Seeing that it was still an effective weapon, Lenat made some modifications to even out the spray and marketed it as a short range weapon useful for high damage first blasts in enclosed spaces.

Electrical Generator: Lenat is proud to say that he has invented one of the first portable and versatile electrical generators. The basic idea is simple, a box of whatever size or shape needed is constructed with solar panels covering the inside. Racks of lightstones are then placed inside to generate the light for the panels.The resulting generator can range anywhere from the size of a house or all the way down to a single lightstone box, it depends on how much electricity is needed.

Telegram: His most recent invention, the telegram is a system of wires running between two points. On either end are equipment to read the electrical pulses and turn them into audible noises. Said equipment on either end is the same kind used in radios, but without the bulky equipment needed to send and receive radio signals the resulting piece of machinery can easily fit on a table.

The Mata Nui Technology Emporiums also sells various little semi-advanced quality-of-life items such as clockwork toasters. Custom items can be asked for and will be priced on an individual basis.

And where are these emporiums? I'm tempted to pay a visit during my characters tour of the island.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Well then... I'll keep this in mind for the future.

You got some of that explosive powder thing-a-majig? Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

Photothermic powder is not foreign tech. A PC came up with it and the staff at the time allowed it to be a thing. And while it is much like early versions of gunpowder it should be kept in mind that the staff have also also politely asked us to stop bombarding them with requests for cannons and firearms. Introducing guns to the RPG would significantly change the feel of the game.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Photothermic powder is not foreign tech. A PC came up with it and the staff at the time allowed it to be a thing. And while it is much like early versions of gunpowder it should be kept in mind that the staff have also also politely asked us to stop bombarding them with requests for cannons and firearms. Introducing guns to the RPG would significantly change the feel of the game.

*slams fists on table* I WANT A GUN SILV

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)