BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I haven't been on the Wiki for a while, and I'm a little out of date on the current events of the game, but I'm willing to do what I can to help.

Also, I've decided that I will be creating the mad prophet of Neroxidecost when the game begins once more. Because, who doesn't want an imaginary eldritch deity worshiping cult running around? XD

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

So I just got an idea.

When the Abettor stated that the vault contained "the simplest power in the world," but this may reveal more than we thought.

Think about this for a moment. Everyone knew about the vault after it's discovery, even though no one was told. So maybe the vault contains the idea of Makuta, and opening would maybe give this idea a physical form? As thought is the simplest, yet most powerful thing in the world, it would be safe to state that it has something to do with it.

Or maybe I am just reading V for Vendetta to much.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

The fact that the Vault does not belong to Makuta makes him being in it rather unlikely. The idea thing is certainly food for thought though.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Or maybe opening it will trigger the apocalypse, and the Abettor is waiting for the end of days, for the right person to open it and trigger the end of the arc.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Eyru (Justin Beiber) was the person who brought together and controlled the Daedra this arc. I don't know who invented the idea however- the Daedra were originally from the old incarnation of the BZPRPG. In this story, they are dissolved and there are no plans to bring them back together.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Also, I've decided that I will be creating the mad prophet of Neroxidecost when the game begins once more. Because, who doesn't want an imaginary eldritch deity worshiping cult running around? XD

Why can't we have a real eldritch deity worshiping cult?

(Okay, Ak'Rei'An isn't eldritch, but the BZPRPG's insane cult space has already been taken up. And Ak'Rei'An has zombies!)

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I got what Canis was saying. :)

And why is Makuta not an eldritch deity? He is indeed "weird, or sinister and ghostly," and even so far as malevolent. Makuta created the shadow spawn parakuka and kraata, gave the worms their first hosts and armored rahkshi. He even established a hold in the biggest philanthropic society, worming his shadows into the heart of the most generous givers. His cult destroyed an entire movement, his followers sacrificed themselves without concern for their wellbeing, and no one knew who he really was.

Sounds about right up there with eldritch cults.

Q: Who 'owns' the Daedra idea? I'm being told it's Emissary. I got a question for 'em but i wasn't around during most of their time and wiki doesn't mention that.

Visaru is correct. Though I don't "own" the Daedra idea, I'm generally considered to be the go-to person because I brought them together and led them this arc. If you have any questions about the Daedra, give me a shout.

The original creator of the Daedra was Cool-Aid, who both invented the concept and led the team before the downtime of 2011.

Edited by Justin Bieber

So, moving on.

I'd like to ask the opinion of the general populace: What did you think of the Koro-level politicking that has been going on since the start of the season? I've heard fondness for it, I've heard disdain for it, but I haven't actually talked to anyone who could speak authoritatively for the masses.

:w:

I love it. The player backbiting that went on earlier not so much, but the concept of getting koros vying for island supremacy, or at the very least safety and trade, is really great for a world-builder like myself. I enjoy looking at a society from multiple facets, not just war, drinking contests, and B-grade romance novellas. I look forward to seeing where the politics go later on. :)

*steps from the shadows*

Did someone say politics?

Anyway, jeez, that took forever. Glad to be back, and I need to ask, once again:

What did I miss this time?

Finally, if anyone cares, I'm not so keen on our player-run government. Too tempting to rush into things, guns-blazing.

Morally unambiguous.

Hahehhehhahhahheh...

...What?

Wow, this is worse than I thought.

EDIT: Okay, I have some idea of what is going on. So, BZP data went ker-splat while I was gone, and we lost 2 months of progress, and are going to shake things up again, right?

Edited by The Dapper Man

Morally unambiguous.

To everyone who says the inter-Koro politicking wasn't as cool as you'd hoped: the problem was things were only just getting started when the forums went down. Sure, there was a terrorist here, a couple trade deals there, but the big event that all these little things were leading up to was the inter-Koro Summit at the Kini-Nui, which was literally on the verge of starting when the forums shut down.

Trust me: it was going to be awesome after that. And it looks like we'll be time-skipping right to all the awesome stuff, so everyone get ready! :)

No, I meant worshipping a real eldritch deity, though Ak'Rei'An isn't exactly eldritch. But my point was that the BZPRPG already has a cult.

Are you saying Ak'Rei'An is real? :PAs for the Koro politics stuff, I'm with Eyru. There was a whole lot of planning and stuff bubbling away under the surface that was only just starting to come together.The real problem with this arc has been an epidemic of slow, absent or inactive players, which (due to no fault of their own; many of our more influential players are of the age at which Real Life starts to bite you in the behind) has slowed plots, ground interaction to a halt, and in turn discouraged more players from posting.With a time skip and a new staff member, I hope this problem is on the verge of being addressed ^^ Edited by GHOStDOS

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Trust me: it was going to be awesome after that. And it looks like we'll be time-skipping right to all the awesome stuff, so everyone get ready! :)

You say this, but even I wasn't aware of it, so I dunno what to make of that. XD

:w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

So, moving on. I'd like to ask the opinion of the general populace: What did you think of the Koro-level politicking that has been going on since the start of the season? I've heard fondness for it, I've heard disdain for it, but I haven't actually talked to anyone who could speak authoritatively for the masses. :w:

It was beautiful.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

No, I meant worshipping a real eldritch deity, though Ak'Rei'An isn't exactly eldritch. But my point was that the BZPRPG already has a cult.

Are you saying Ak'Rei'An is real? :P

Well, considering the fact he revives zombies and such, I would say, yes, he is real.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Just a reminder, don't veer away into a discussion on religion too much guys.To answer that, we (as in the BoA) could be invoking the power of Mata Nui when we revive zombies and not know it, or a remainder of Makuta's power, or just elemental/mask/vision powers that are converted into "life energy" or something, not necessarily Ak'Rei'An, who according to the Book of Life, is defeatsd.I mean, why else do we need to sacrifice mask/elemental/vision powers?Remember, correlation is not equal to causation. So invoking Ak'Rei'An's name may not actually involve a real archangel using his purple lightstone powers, it just as easily could mean that saying those prayers allows the zombie controller to consciously turn his sacrificed power into life energy by allowing him to focus.Did I just doubt Lord Ak'Rei'An's existence? [And besides, reality is mostly relative-ish]

Edited by Norik The Student

Thank you, Norik, that is exactly what I was getting at ^^I have yet to see definitive proof is anything more than a figment of his cult's deluded imaginations. The zombies seem to me to be, similarly to the Marks, simply an obscure application of sorcery/science (the boundary between the two is quite blurred in this world). I will admit, however, I don't know the details of the zombification process; anyone care to fill me in?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Thank you, Norik, that is exactly what I was getting at ^^I have yet to see definitive proof is anything more than a figment of his cult's deluded imaginations. The zombies seem to me to be, similarly to the Marks, simply an obscure application of sorcery/science (the boundary between the two is quite blurred in this world). I will admit, however, I don't know the details of the zombification process; anyone care to fill me in?

Your guess is as good as mine Ghostdos. My only Ak'rei'an character decided to go rogue and opted out of a zombie. But from what i have seen most of the brotherhood's zombies seem to be recently dead given a lack of decomposition. Whether this plays into the whole matter or not i can not say. For all i know the zombiefication process could actually restore the dead tissue.. I mean the fact that the zombies are semi able to be passed off as living if daft people as seen in the Akiru's forge scene could hint at this. But if the fact they are recently dead does play into it we could be looking at something similar to the whole Jaller being revived/ Takanuva being revived scene from mask of light where if i remember correctly there was still an imprint on their masks etc to be revived.... Far to many factors playing into this for my tastes

Truly it is an odd combination of things..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I still don't quite understand this. I know how far we're moving, but have no way of guessing where. Like, have the Gov'nors agreed upon what happened during the summit meeting, or are we building off of the most likely outcome of the negotiations?

Edited by The Dapper Man

Morally unambiguous.

Those who wait for something good is worth two in the bush

Hang on, I think I got my wise words mixed up here.

Well it was supposed to be something about good things being worth the wait yaddayaddayadda. Nothing to see here, carry on.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...