BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Does anyone know of any medical facilities in ga-koro?

Liara's clinic is a privately run medical practice in Ga-Koro. The marines will treat your character if it's an emergency, but otherwise go get some PC interaction. It's a two story dwelling run by a toa of air. You'll smell coffee and hear piano music.

So I think I will go with this.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

@Norik I think the plan is to have the majority of the group in Ga, with the boat already bought, but before we set sail, I have something I wanna try out with Ignitus.Just out of curiosity, let's say I wanted to have a chat with the Abettor. Is that something anyone can try, or can only staff-selected people talk to it/them/him/whatever?:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Just out of curiosity, let's say I wanted to have a chat with the Abettor. Is that something anyone can try, or can only staff-selected people talk to it/them/him/whatever?

PM Nuju Metru and ask him. He might accept some interaction, although it's doubtful your character will accomplish anything beyond what has already been done.

Well, mine is a bit of a... specific question.@Norik I guess, but it could be a little while depending on how the whole Abettor thing plays out.:a::k::i:

Edited by Toa Aki

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Alright, the distance between me and most BZPers is half the Earth's circumference, thus if we take the most effective line across the surface from me to most BZPers, as compared to say Toatapio to most BZPers, the line is longer, since he, accordiing to his profile is in GMT+2?, I am in(geographically) GMT+7 (though I use GMT+8), when most BZPers are from the U.S., from GMT-5 to GMT-10. So, the shortest line across the Earth's surface from me to U.S. is more that the shortest line across the Earth's surface fromthe U.S. to most other BZPers.I think. And this is off-topic.

We had the same thing in mind, Aki. Though I'm half a day late in posting it.

In any case, let's make some roundup post in Ga first. Also, could we get someone to create a group PM for us again, like before this dataclysm? :3 It was useful in not hogging up discussion.

Also, just a bit of trivia that one of the Kentoku islands share a name with another island in japan. To be specific, the one where the first two generations of digidestined came from.

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The names of the Dasaka are very Asian. The class structure is a look like Imperial Chinese, with Merchants at the bottom, and farmers quite respected.So, not surprised Kentoku Islands share names with real Asian Islands.

Actually, it's Japanese. Looks like it has influences of Heian Japan and the later years of the Muromachi period.

I was inspired to do some sprite-based artwork of some BZPRPG moments. Though, I must admit that after seeing VF's FANTASTIC artwork pieces I'm quite ashamed to post my own trashy work... :P

But here's something I made: The awesome battle of Kavala and Iraira in the waves of Xa-Koro ruins. :D

Kavala_vs_Iraira.png

Who remembers Henkka and Alex from the last arc long ago? This is their final battle. Stronin tries to persuade both to act peacefully.

henkka_vs_alex4.png

And behold... the Red Star Voyagers!

Red_Star_Voyagers_nice.png

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

The time skip was of an amount of time, it was basically left open so that anyone could skip whatever time they needed, provided its reasonable. Like how the game itself has no clear time-frame as each person's playing is different, so too is the newest timeskip.

Edited by Nocturne Auteur

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Imperial Japanese actually. Ancient Japanese requires more theocratic elements.

Speaking of theocracies ... how religious exactly are the Dasaka?

They seem to be more religious than our island. They also seem to have seem to have a different great spirit.

Imperial Japanese actually. Ancient Japanese requires more theocratic elements.

Speaking of theocracies ... how religious exactly are the Dasaka?

They seem to be more religious than our island. They also seem to have seem to have a different great spirit.

Both of those things were pretty clearly spelled out. So yeah.

I too got an instant "feudal Japan" vibe from them, although I suppose that's a bit different from Imperial Japan

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

It depends on whether you think post-restoration imperial or pre-restoration. Meiji-era Japan was a more centralised state, having abolished the feudal domains.Post-Heian, pre-Meiji Japan was the feudal society that most think of. The most well-known period of feudal Japan innvolved the warring states, where neither the Emperor nor the Shogunate held much sway. It was a highly disunified nation.The influence of the largest Dasaka clan on the ruler of their archipelago reminds me of late Heian, when most emperors were related to the highly influential Fujiwara.

Yeah, I think the Isles are more or less modelled after Pre-Meji Japan, with some other influences (India, in regards to the caste system).

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

It depends on whether you think post-restoration imperial or pre-restoration. Meiji-era Japan was a more centralised state, having abolished the feudal domains.Post-Heian, pre-Meiji Japan was the feudal society that most think of. The most well-known period of feudal Japan innvolved the warring states, where neither the Emperor nor the Shogunate held much sway. It was a highly disunified nation.The influence of the largest Dasaka clan on the ruler of their archipelago reminds me of late Heian, when most emperors were related to the highly influential Fujiwara.

I'm actually glad I didn't have to write all this out. Japan is sort of my cultural hobby, since I was very little, in particular the centuries of samurai caste systems. Given the dasaka and below freely carry arms, it's obviously not a Tokugawa Shogunate remodel. I agree with Hubert in thinking it's highly based on the post-Heian period. However, these are the Dasaka: not the Japanese. There will be large differences, and there should be.

I'm personally amused that Darkmine became a mushroom farm.

Perhaps the blood of heathens makes them tastier?

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

It's possible we're thinking of the same period, but it reminds me primarily of the Tokugawa Shogunate.

:w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

Anyone have a Toa of Crystal, and are willing to have them kidnapped (Not converted) by the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, and held hostage for a couple of posts? :P

Edited by Mr. House

The preparation period for the game's returned inspired me towards artwork. I'm certainly no Vezok's Friend, so don't expect anything above mediocre quality.

tn_gallery_50452_97_362216.png

Also, in case any Toa Sarsi members missed it, the group has returned in Ga-Wahi, and has already started going towards the Dramatic.

Now, on another matter, I currently have a man raving about a being far Beyond Mata Nui in Ko-Koro, in case anyone wants to speak to him, shout at him, or even throw things at him if they feel up to it.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

The preparation period for the game's returned inspired me towards artwork. I'm certainly no Vezok's Friend, so don't expect anything above mediocre quality.

tn_gallery_50452_97_362216.png

Also, in case any Toa Sarsi members missed it, the group has returned in Ga-Wahi, and has already started going towards the Dramatic.

Now, on another matter, I currently have a man raving about a being far Beyond Mata Nui in Ko-Koro, in case anyone wants to speak to him, shout at him, or even throw things at him if they feel up to it.

I think you just did better than most of us on a good day.