BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I'm pleased to announce that the Horde will finally be making its long-overdue return in the near future. Given that three of the eight players involved in the group are inactive, we're looking to recruit some new members.

For those who aren't aware, the Horde was formed by Vezok's Friend about a year and a half ago as an anti-Makuta Skakdi group. Unfortunately - thanks to player inactivity and poor timing - they never did much other than blowing up a temple in the Kumu Islets (which was immediately overshadowed by the blowing up of the Islets themselves). Eventually they wound up opening the Great Takea Bar and Grill in Ga-Koro, which they've been running off-screen since May of this year.Of course, Makuta's disappearance means that the Horde have lost their main target. Ideally, they aim to weed out the remnants of his followers as well, but they're just as willing to lash out against evil and injustice of any kind, sometimes by questionable methods.

Currently active members are myself, Vezok's Friend, Otter, Snipe, and TX Wade, who play Iraanus, Rhow, Destian, Taoki, and Viloz, respectively. If you're interested in joining, please PM me. Keep in mind that characters should probably be Skakdi, but if for some reason you really want to join with some other species we might be able to work it out.If you want more information, either PM me or check out the Horde's wiki page.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

Anyways, a few Dasaka questionsIf the birth ratio of the Dasaka is 40:1 females to males, wouldn't that seriously mess up the gene pool and bring population growth to a halt? The only way I see the clans getting so big with this ratio is two parents and two thousand kids.

Bees brother. Think about bees. Dasaka are just fine.

Anyways, a few Dasaka questionsIf the birth ratio of the Dasaka is 40:1 females to males, wouldn't that seriously mess up the gene pool and bring population growth to a halt? The only way I see the clans getting so big with this ratio is two parents and two thousand kids.

Bees brother. Think about bees. Dasaka are just fine.

Oh god what. No, this question was never asked. EVER.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Besides, they live long. They are also not human societies, howevee human-esque they may be.Also, although lower castes don't mate much, but is "reserved for the upper castes".So, yeah. Also, the males are, like, gifts to females who distinguish themselves for one night, so... lack of males is balanced by males being mated to several females who deserve it.Agh, I sound like I'm describing animals.Like, animal animals. I had to say that last line so you snarky miscreants won't, you know, snark. Ignore this line.

Edited by Norik The Student

If the birth ratio of the Dasaka is 40:1 females to males, wouldn't that seriously mess up the gene pool and bring population growth to a halt? The only way I see the clans getting so big with this ratio is two parents and two thousand kids.

From another series I know a species with a lifestyle inspired by japan. They basically have this rule where males of a certain rule (Swordsman) get to mate with anybody they please to pass on these swordsman genes (considered an honor). Would be interesting to see something like that (Good or bad, with bad being...kinda like Heuani 'bad') in Dasaka caste, although I'm just muttering this not out of fact.

Or....maybe they use SCIENCE.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

If you guys hadn't noticed, a few player-created clans have been added to the DMRP for your character-creating pleasure. Several of the clans have more in-depth descriptions on the Wiki (or, they should, if their creators are doing their jobs).

Quite right; I will get on it as soon as I have some free time today.

For now, however, I suppose I should introduce:

Clan Ageru

This medium-sized farming clan contributes a very significant proportion of the Archipelago's food supply. The majority of the Ageru's civilian population are Dashi harvesters, who work and live on the clan's swathes of fertile land on Odaiba. The Ageru's prolific harvests give them a certain degree of political clout; an army, after all, marches on its stomach.The Ageru are an old clan; historically, they have almost always been firm supporters of the Umbralines and the Empire. Ageru philosophy puts a lot of emphasis on the old ways of honor, tradition, and dutiful service. Besides food production, Clan Ageru is also known for producing talented Soulswords; members of other clans are known to joke - though rarely within earshot of an Ageru Menti - that these Soulswords' skill can be credited to all that time around scythes and sickles. Agerus' discipline and skill earn them no small amount of respect; an officer is always happy to have an Ageru Soulsword under her command.

^ In case you hadn't read the updated Dasaka Ref yet :P

I am very pleased to have been granted a clan by Nuju, and I'm excited to share it with you all. If you decide to make a member of Clan Ageru (and I warmly encourage you to do so), feel free to drop me a PM so we can chat about what role your character will have within the clan. I'm very much open to having fellow players' PCs take positions of responsibility in the Ageru - again, have a chat with me and we can discuss things. Even if you're not planning to make an Ageru, or if you're unsure, and you have any questions about the Clan, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Profiles for Toroshu Kilanya and other clan members will be up soon. I will also try to collate further information on the Wiki as things progress.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

~保護~

hogo.png

"We are the guardians of imperial authority, authorised by divine providence."

Legend states that during the tumultuous times before the establishment of the empire, the soon-to-be first Rora: the daughter of Zuto Nui who would unite the warring Dasaka clans under one banner, was approached by a young boy who wished to fight in her army. At first she refused, declaring that her fight was to protect the children of the land, and that she would not purposely endanger any of them no matter much they wished to join her cause. However, the zeal of the boy wore away at her, and she grudgingly enlisted him as her sandal-bearer, deciding that it would be best for him to serve her away from the front lines.
During a battle between the daughter and the demons sent by the forces of evil who did not wish to see her bring light and the word of Zuto Nui to all the people of Kentoku, which would banish the evil from the hearts of the Dasaka, one of the most vile and wretched of the demons snuck past the daughter's soldiers to her camp, aiming to steal away the treasures that had been bestowed on the soon-to-be Rora and kill her newly born son. Yet the very moment he entered her tent, he was assailed by a burning sandal, wielded by the young boy. Guided by the will of Zuto, the boy struck the demon's left thigh thrice, forever scarring it and forcing the demon to flee.
On the daughter's return, she immediately berated the young boy for burning her sandals. But he took it in stride, and, with his bowed low, spoke of his reasons:
"I wished only to ensure that glory of my Lady could survive throughout the generations."
His words, along with the support of her handmaidens, who had watched him courageously fight off the demon, convinced her of his worth and valour. Forgiving him for the burning of her sandals, she decreed that he would discard his old name, and take upon "Hogo-sha" as his name, the protector of imperial authority and its treasures. From then on, the clan of Hogo, children of Hogo-sha have been loyal retainers of the Rora's line, protecting the authority of the Rora and the treasures that lie within the Imperial Palace.
While small, the ancient Hogo clan will continue to serve as the guardians of imperial authority, as divine providence has decreed it.
---
In the present era, the Hogo clan goes on with its day by day business of ensuring that nobody steals the treasures of the Imperial Palace or acts against the Rora, much like their ancestors before them. However, the current leader of the Hogo has taken a greater interest in the activities of the other clans, and for the first time in millennia, are involving themselves in the inter-clan politics. Although supposedly neutral, the leader of the clan is more prone to taking the side of the Umbraline in inter-clan affairs, seeing the Fursic as treacherous vipers. They are also slightly less conservative than the Umbraline, and are willing to tolerate the Dastana only for their contributions to the imperial treasury.
However, with the advent of the new leader, this small clan is currently suffering from a division between those who would wish to remain out of clan politics, and those who fully support the leader's actions. While there is no outright conflict, the controversial decisions are not taken lightly by the clan.
PM me if you are interested in making a member of the Hogo clan. I shall gratefully receive those who declare themselves to the duty of protecting the authority of the imperial family.

(Sorry, there's space now.)Well, since we seem to be taking time to introduce clans...I'll take this moment to talk to you about the Eiyu.I'll spare you the wall of text or the copy-pasted descriptor, as the latter can be found in the topic and the former will be going up in a wiki page soon, and instead, I'll talk to you about what the are. The Eiyu are a relatively small clan, but they contribute a significant number of scholars and philosophers to the empire, and their library is one of the best owned outside of the Towers of Knowledge. Now, at this point, many of you have likely glazed over with boredom, and turned to leave. But I urge you to stay, for the best has yet to come.Far beyond being simple scholars, however, the Eiyu are powerful fighters, in large part due to their special skill. Twin Souls, an extension of Ideatalk. The details are a bit hard to go over in such a short span of time, but needless to say, it is very, very cool, and I'm addition to being a useful power, it encourages character development due to a special relationship between characters. Well, now you've heard the sales pitch, timed for some details. Anyone who has any questions can PM me, I just cleared some space in my inbox. If you'd like to speak about a potential role within the clan, I'll be happy to listen, and even if the idea doesn't work as is, I'd be more than happy to talk about ways that it might work. :)

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Two questions:

How does one go around joining a group like Bad Company?

Would there be a way for me to blow up various locations in the game? I mean, not demolishing Koros, but perhaps blowing up stores and such, creating sort of a criminal mini-thriller in the game?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Two questions:

How does one go around joining a group like Bad Company?

Would there be a way for me to blow up various locations in the game? I mean, not demolishing Koros, but perhaps blowing up stores and such, creating sort of a criminal mini-thriller in the game?

As I learned last chapter, before you blow up anything you must talk to a host.

And if you want to join a group, just pm them, asking to join.

Edited by Ora_unit_SR388

Two questions:How does one go around joining a group like Bad Company?Would there be a way for me to blow up various locations in the game? I mean, not demolishing Koros, but perhaps blowing up stores and such, creating sort of a criminal mini-thriller in the game?

First answer: you don't. Especially BC itself. They're a select group, both IC and OOC, and they're not exactly in much of a position to be recruiting anyway. By all means, if you see a group you want in on, PM one of the players involved; but don't be too disappointed of you don't get into one as high-profile as BC.The second, of course there is. Explosives aren't awfully hard to acquire. But blowing up buildings tends to be frowned on by village guard forces :P

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Go ahead, if you want yourself waist-deep in bad trouble.

Edited by The Dapper Man

Morally unambiguous.

The second, of course there is. Explosives aren't awfully hard to acquire. But blowing up buildings tends to be frowned on by village guard forces :P

But blowing things up is a GREAT stress relieving activity. Proven to lower your blood pressure to zero if you are in the heart of the blast (Cause your dead).

The second, of course there is. Explosives aren't awfully hard to acquire. But blowing up buildings tends to be frowned on by village guard forces :P

But blowing things up is a GREAT stress relieving activity. Proven to lower your blood pressure to zero if you are in the heart of the blast (Cause your dead).

Not to mention it never fails to make things exciting.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

(Sorry, there's space now.)Well, since we seem to be taking time to introduce clans...I'll take this moment to talk to you about the Eiyu.I'll spare you the wall of text or the copy-pasted descriptor, as the latter can be found in the topic and the former will be going up in a wiki page soon, and instead, I'll talk to you about what the are. The Eiyu are a relatively small clan, but they contribute a significant number of scholars and philosophers to the empire, and their library is one of the best owned outside of the Towers of Knowledge. Now, at this point, many of you have likely glazed over with boredom, and turned to leave. But I urge you to stay, for the best has yet to come.Far beyond being simple scholars, however, the Eiyu are powerful fighters, in large part due to their special skill. Twin Souls, an extension of Ideatalk. The details are a bit hard to go over in such a short span of time, but needless to say, it is very, very cool, and I'm addition to being a useful power, it encourages character development due to a special relationship between characters.Well, now you've heard the sales pitch, timed for some details. Anyone who has any questions can PM me, I just cleared some space in my inbox. If you'd like to speak about a potential role within the clan, I'll be happy to listen, and even if the idea doesn't work as is, I'd be more than happy to talk about ways that it might work. :)

I encourage you all warmly to come along and join the Warrior Priests of the Dasaka

Don't worry, I'll be a nice boss.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ah, okay, thanks for all of the swift replies.

Go ahead, if you want yourself waist-deep in bad trouble.

This means trouble in-game, not with the staff, right? (Assuming I don't start fragging random characters as they walk by, as in I follow the rules and ask permission to blow stuff up).

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Okay, scrublanders...I'm at a crossroads. I will be coming back, but I've been on a cold streak to see what it feels like.My involvement is going to be somewhat less. Tera is returning, and Marianka is on my list as well. Unfortunately, I don't have the computer savvy Silvan does, and I have no idea how many profiles are saved. I will try to bring Ihu back, but that's a sticky mess of reapprovals, I think.So, I merely have this question for all of you.Who do you want to return?

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles