BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Colx (Bright-Star Inn)

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I just struck a nice deal with the Akiri to help train the Gukko Force's new recruits"

"To answer your question, yes, I have a dream, and I'm living it right now"

"Before my friends left to travel the island, I was the one who taught them how to fight and survive out there, and I was so to speak forced by one of 'em to keep in touch via mail. Any day now I just know I can expect a letter from both of them telling me about their adventures. one of which will be much more enthusiastic than the other."

"I'm a trainer, and I have a nice deal to go with it. Life's pretty good"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Kaunis

(Le-Koro, Bright-Star Inn):

Kaunis smiled.

"I'm happy to hear that. There are so many miserable souls out there, so it's nice to see someone is actually having a good time. A peaceful life is a good life, I guess. I still like travelling, though. You know, going around the island and all that stuff, maybe even to perform and so on. But with the tensions between the Koro escalating... well, it's nice to have some place to really belong to."

"Hear, hear"

Colx raised his empty glass before leaning back in his chair, content with the world as it was.

"Any chance you've ever met my friends? One of 'em's a Ba-Toa, with gold instead of purple, of all things, and the other's a Lesterin of Gravity, quite the looker, but also painfully optimistic, they go by Helios and Melna, respectively"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC

'Alright guys, unless Le-Koro decided to modify it's entire shape and form in a few days, I'm fairly certain that the closest hospital is that way.' JL pointed in a direction, somewhat angled upwards, towards a specific part of the tree village, even as the group slowly ascended on a wooden lift system. 'Better hurry.'

OOC: So who wants to take care of the (airquote) NPC's?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Kaunis

(Le-Koro, Star-Bright Inn):

"Never met them", Kaunis said. "I would love to, though. A golden Toa and a Lesterin? This island gets more interesting beings every day."

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

"I can see it", Jarkale said. "Woah, this place has changed a lot. I don't remember all these pipes... and I could swear the village used to be smaller. I've only been once here, though... some 200 years ago, so my memory is a bit fuzzy."

OOC: You can NPC the medical staff, I'm not really up for that.

"That pretty much sums it up" Colx replied

"There were only the three of us in our little neighborhood, so we quickly found together"

"Helios was just a Matoran back then, but he was the best disk maker you'll ever see, and Melna was a great athlete, even though she never made into the big leagues"

"And then one day Helios shows up out of the blue turned into a Toa, so I decided to train him, and Melna when she insisted, and now they're both off having adventures while I'm holding the fort, so to speak"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Nah, I'm retired from all that adventure stuff, here I've got a nice business, two friends who are putting the skills I taught them to use, and writing heartfelt letters about it, what more can a Skakdi ask for?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC( :r::e::r::u::s: ):"Ah, finally. This thing is killing me."IC( :i::g::n::i::t::u::s: ):I look around, marveling at the beauty of the jungle, the amazing structures holding the village so high up. "This place is amazing," I say. "And you said there are six? Le-Koro, Ta-Koro, Po-Koro, and what are the other three?":A::k::i:

Edited by Toa of Awesomeness

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC Kaunis

"If only all were so content", Kaunis sighed. "I heard two Skakdi were involved with some sort of plot with a Ga-Matoran and a Turaga to asassinate our Akiri. It's all around in the news."

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro, Hospital):

"Onu, Ga and Ko-Koro", Jarkale said. "I'm sure your adventures to come will take you to those places as well. That's another thing we'll have to discuss once we get you all fixed up."

Le-Matoran medics were already welcoming the newcomers and asking them about the nature of the injuries.

IC( :r::e::r::u::s: ):"Nature of my injuries? Oh, nothin' much. Just a little run-in with a crazy Toa of Iron in Makuta's Lair, a little metal spike gettin' stabbed into my knee, nothin' too exciting."IC( :i::g::n::i::t::u::s: ):I'm starting to wonder if Rerus is gonna get us all thrown in jail. Apparently not, because the medics are now leading us inside.:a::k::i:

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

OOC: Well, I guess I'm sort of RPing with the medics after all. :P Let's just cut forward a bit in time, shall we? Also, I have no idea who needs medical treatment besides Rerus, so I'll keep this ambiguous if you don't mind.

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro, Hospital):

Those who were not in need of medical care, like Jarkale, were requested to stay in the waiting room. Minutes dragged by as Jarkale waited for his heroes to return

After some time, the medics sent their patients out again. Their wounds had been patched up and the protodermic parts had been repaired. Luckily the organic tissue had not been badly damaged on anyone, so no extensive care was needed for that.

"Feeling better?" Jarkale asked, excited to see his new friends again.

IC( :r::e::r::u::s: ):"I'm fine. A little sore, but that'll be over with in a day or so. Ignitus, you sure you don't need them to look at you after that... flashback or whatever it was?""I'll be fine," the Toa of Fire says."Alright then," I say, turning to the group as a whole. "So, where to now? A volcano as hot as the sun? A mountain as tall as the sky? An ancient dungeon as deep as Karzahni?"OOC: I think it was just Rerus, unless you count Ignitus from his little episode earlier.:a::k::i:

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro, Hospital):

Jarkale leaped off the waiting room couch.

"Listen, I might as well tell this to you now... I think you're a pretty special bunch. Your ambiguous origin screams that, I'm telling you. I bet it's about opening that vault you saw in Makuta's lair... but to do that you need to decipher the riddle, battle horrible monsters, unlock mysteries, travel across the island..."

Jarkale was being carried away again, as he described the Toa's mission like he imagined it himself - like straight from the greatest of legend.

"...so I think we should get started with the riddle. And we should also get you prepared for any epic battles that may occur. I'd be happy to help you out. AND since all legendary heroes come in groups of xi, I suggest we find these other Toa you remembered... and assemble your group. So what do you say?"

IC Kaunis

"You are part of a change. Hopefully your behavior will set an example for all other Skakdi - and even Matoran - on this island."

"I've done some things I'm not proud of" Colx replied with a knowing grin "but the majority of my shady past is just that... shady; it doesn't faze me, blame it on my heritage that I don't feel sorry for beating a merchant to a pulp for stiffing me on a lone widget"

"Everyone has their vices, but we Skakdi have a habit of indulging in them noticeably more often than others"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC( :r::e::r::u::s: ):"Riddles? Deadly monsters? Exploring the island? Next to no chance of return? Sounds like my kind of party. Count me in."IC( :i::g::n::i::t::u::s: ):"Ah, why not? I guess I'm in."I suddenly have a very minor flashback, nothing more than a sudden headache."But we'll need..." my mind struggles for a moment to remember how to pronounce the words. "We'll need a custos fabularum. It means keeper of the legends in an ancient language. What d'ya say, Jarkale?":A::k::i:

IC Kaunis

"It apprears to be true, though I wonder why. Skakdi are just another species... how come do they succumb to violence so much easier?"

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

"Keeper of legends?" Jarkale asked. "What kind? Our previous leaders used to be keepers of legends in their own way... but they're dead now. You mean someone who knows much about ancient legends?"

"It's a total mystery" Colx replied "Not a single one of us knows where we came from, or why we're here. There are legends, though"

"One legend tells the tale of a time when the Skakdi were a docile race; cultured, civillized and all that good stuff, but then a powerful warlord came to our lands, and he saw potential in us, potential to turn us into supersoldiers. So he subjected our race to terrible experiements that turned us into the warmongering looters we are today"

OOC: Just as a side-note; I am in no way stating that Colx or anyone else knows what happened, since Zakaz may or may not exist at all in this RPG. I'm simply describing a theory that someone has pulled out of their rear to explain Skakdi customs and whatnot.

The awesome part is that I could say that the Skakdi were originally a race of talking furniture, and that a giant sockmonster changed them into what they are now to be his party buddies, and you couldn't prove it wasn't true. B-)

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: I approve of that latter backstory completely. XD

IC Kaunis

"That's quite a story", Kaunis said. "I wonder what kind of a sick being would conduct experiments like that. It's a shame none of you can actually remember where you came from. It would answer a lot of questions."

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

"A Chronicler!" Jarkale exclaimed. "You would have me as your Chronicler? A personal keeper of legends? I'm truly and I accept."

Jarkale was practically hopping in anticipation of adventure. Finally, something important was happening on this island and he would be privildged to witness all of it, maybe even become a hero like Takua.

"We should start by deciphering the riddle, I think. There's one place ideal for uncovering legends: Ko-Koro and the Sanctum. What do you say if we go there next?"

OOC: Bling! Jarkale the Pharmacist has been upgraded into Jarkale the Chronicler. Now I have two Chroniclers! :D

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

"Ko-Koro. City of the ice, surrounded by mighty mountains and white snow. Safe from avalanches between two overhanging glaciers. Home to the thinkers... and prophecies. The Sanctum is a place of thought, a great temple-like structure where words of wisdom are carved on the wall of prophecy. Whenever you need to solve riddles, you should go there. The whole atmosphere makes you realize things."

Jarkale's poetic way of speaking was caused by his recent promotion, which lifted his mentality high.

"After a certain time, you learn to stop caring and, as they say, "just go with it". It's what I did" Colx explained.

"I have both a past and a future on this island. As far as I'm concerned this is home now"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Kaunis

Kaunis wondered just how easy it really was to forget all about your past and accept the situation. Maybe Colx meant what he said?

"With the Makuta gone, things are not as horrible anymore", she said. "Though I must say that I feel we are all outcasts here in a way... we have our villages and huts, but for some reason my heart hasn't settled anywhere. It's possible I came from somewhere else too, long ago. I like Ga-Koro, but it's not perfect... especially with Hahli as our Akiri. She used to be one of my close friends, but she has alienated herself from her people, her former friends. She even sentenced that Ga-Matoran conspirator to death. The old Hahli would never had done that, no matter how fitting the punishment was."

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

"I'm sure we could buy some cloaks and robes at a store. It's still going to be cold, though."

IC Kaunis

"You got that right. I hope I never get power like that. Who knows what it can do to me?"

Kaunis took her flute out of her bag. "I feel like playing a few notes in memory of the old Hahli. Do you mind if I do so?"

IC( :i::g::n::i::t::u::s: (Ignitus)):"Fix," I say. "I hate the cold. But, I guess we have to decipher the riddle. So, first of all, where is Ko-Koro, how far is it, and how do we plan to get there? Second, tell me the riddle.":A::k::i:

IC Kaunis

Without saying a word, Kaunis put the flute on her lips and began to play. Her skill was unquestionable as the the inn was filled by beautiful sounds of her flute, carrying with them a sad story of a victim of leadership. Colx could see a tear escape Kaunis' closed eyes as she played. As fast as she had started, she quit playing and sighed.

"Thanks. I sometimes release my built-up emotion on music. I can get quite emotional at times... as you can see."

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

"You can see the mountains in the distance. We'll take a land route and climb the mountain... or we can rent some Gukko birds to fly us. As for the riddle, it goes like this:

Across an endless ocean

Beyond where minds can see

My key likes in the open

Where you will never be

Beneath the brightest thunder

Stand towers of the day

The light may break asunder

If night skies choose obey

The red sign on black eyes

Will lead you to your prize"

IC( :i::g::n::i::t::u::s: (Ignitus)):I feel something nagging in the back of my mind upon hearing the riddle, but I can't figure it out."Well then, when do we head for Ko-Koro?""Ko-Koro, huh?" I hear somebody say.I turn around to see a Toa of Ice in white and silver armor, wearing a Miru, carrying a large bottle in his hand. On his belt was fastened a Protosteel hatchet. He took a long drink from his bottle."You'll need a guide to help you throught the Wastes, and I also just happen to have four heatstones. Wait a second, that's enough for each of us.""And just how much payment would that require?" I ask."Ah, fix," he says. "I'm not as good at trickin' people when I'm drunk. Name's Xadah.":A::k::i:

"You know, for a second there I thought I could make out the sound of acid zamors striking an unsuspecting foe" Colx said with a wide grin, before he burst into chuckling.

"Just kidding. Nice playing, made feel all sappy and stuff"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC - "Him"/Ukris - Ukris's Hideaway Hut: The glittering jade of the jungle had rapidly given way to the deep blanket of black night as He waited for their return. Ukris had done his job perfectly, delivering His riddle as intended, and in the process succumbing to his own immortal despair. As expected, His adversaries had left to search for the answer, and if He was right, they would have solved it by now. Unexpectedly, they had not returned. What did that mean, He wondered. Had they become so engrossed in the spirit of the search that they had overlooked the clues, throwing them off the path He had constructed? Had they been devoured by the beasts and bugs of the land, stopped in the tracks to Lake Pala? Or had they simply been detoured?

If the former, He would need to correct them. If the middle, how tragic--never would they see the fate of their protected soul. And if the latter... Well, that was boring.

Regardless, the dark had overcome the light. The cards of protection were shuffling amongst the platforms. Below, a spirit waited to be liberated--and He yearned to liberate.

The Turaga of Fire that had been assigned to guard duty walked briskly away from their post as a Toa of Gravity approached, swapping places. He smiled, suppressing a chuckle, as the fiery elder grumbled about having had to spend an entire day in a single spot with nothing to do. He couldn't blame him. Then again, the Turaga's heat-sensing abilities had been the one obstacle in His way; they had no one to blame but themselves. Carefully, He edged along the side of the tree trunk, beginning His silent descent, assisted by a local bubble of sonic void.

With an invisible, flamboyant spin, He stepped onto the platform that the hut rested on, peering in through the window. Ukris lay in bed, as he had done for the past day, blanket pulled up to his chin as he stared up at the darkened ceiling. He grinned at the sight. The Matoran did not even stir as He climbed through the window, dropping to the floor. At this point, He expanded the sonic field, throwing the entire platform into silence as He walked along toward Ukris, deactivating his mask as he arrived at the center of the room. Licking His lips, He unrolled a chain from His torso, spinning the glinting metal in a wide arc around Him as a noiseless whistle escaped His lips.

It was not until He stood at the headboard of the bed that He leaned closer to Ukris, manipulating the bubble to create a small channel from mouth to ear.

When He spoke, it was with Ukris's voice.

"It's time."

Ukris' eyes shot open.

Admittedly, He was disappointed. The Matoran hadn't screamed as much as He had expected him to. Not that it mattered, really, but still--it was the thought that counted. Nevertheless, a Matoran-shaped pendulum now occupied the center of the room. Tacked on to his body were two, neatly-wrapped notes, identical to that which had been discovered on the woman's body in the market a few days before--more presents for those that wished to hunt Him.

All in all, another beautiful piece of art.

And now, for the finishing--

The silence field shattered as He suddenly felt the gravity around his body increase dramatically. He hit the ground--hard--and struggled to turn his head toward the door. The Toa of Gravity held his hands out, shouting for reinforcements whilst simultaneously trying to keep his focus away from the dead body and on Him.

He smiled, as with a click of His tongue, the guard's voice disappeared. The next instant, a sonic burst shot forth, knocking him away from the doorway. He felt the pressure on His body let up, allowing Him to roll away and back onto His feet. Through the door, He saw more guards approaching through the fleetingly torchlit darkness.

His grin widened into one of complete mania. With a cheerful sweep of His hand and a short bow, the Toa of Sonics reactivated His mask, sending a concentrated sonic burst at the floorboards as He did so. Childlike laughter, a mixture of a thousand voices, slowly vanished as He descended into the branches below, all coalescing into a final, sing-song shout:

"Friieends are sooo fuuun~"

Silence.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

Jarkale frowned upon the newcomer. "In case you haven't noticed, there are more than four of us here. And, quite frankly, I wouldn't trust someone drunk to take us through the mountains."

IC Kaunis

"Just a way to relieve stress... what methods do you have?"

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

Jarkale frowned upon the newcomer. "In case you haven't noticed, there are more than four of us here. And, quite frankly, I wouldn't trust someone drunk to take us through the mountains."

IC Kaunis

"Just a way to relieve stress... what methods do you have?"

"I go hunting sometimes, and I pick the odd fight here and there" Colx replied and helped himself to another filling of ale.

"Some people just don't respect common decency enough to know not to be an annoying moron near a Skakdi"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Ah, sorry not available during weekends =(

when I said one-armed toa, I was talking about Vompran. He is missing an arm and has an artificial shin and foot. He was badly injured in the Makuta war. Poor guy. =P

I.C. Vompran (Le-Wahi)

"No, I'm afraid I don't remember you. Yes, I know a ta-toa blacksmith named Akune, and my friend-over-here's brother, Onyx, is a toa of Iron. Last I checked, Akune was in the village, and I'm not sure where Onyx is."

Edited by Elemental Ussal

elementalussal.png