BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC( :i::g::n::i::t::u::s: (Ignitus)):The newcomer straightens up."Ya fix right I have exacty what you need," he says. "And if for some reason I don't, I can get it.""Again, how much'll it cost?" I ask."See, that's the thing. Usually, I'd ask, say, a few hundred widgets, but for this, free of charge.""Ha. I'll believe that when I see a flying, fire-breathing Dermis turtle with a Mahi's head.""Look, I gotta bone to pick with someone. So I'll go with you for free. What d'ya say?"I turn to Jarkale, indecisive. "What d'you think? Won't cost us anything, and at least he can stand up straight.":A::k::i:

Edited by Toa of Awesomeness

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

OOC: @Toa of Awesomeness: Could you mark with an IC the names of all the characters you're playing with in the same place? It would make it a bit easier for others to know who's here and so on.

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

Jarkale galnced at Kiron. Neither of them trusted this newcomer, but Ignitus semmed willing to give him a chance. Jarkale was a bit surprised that he would ask him about whether to take this drunk Toa of Ice along or not.

"He'd better behave if we take him along. And no more booze while we travel... but if those two conditions are okay, I guess we could take him along."

OOC: Is JL still with us? And who else exactly?

OOC: Alright. And I don't think JL's here any more.IC(Xadah):"Whoa whoa whoa, slow down here," Xadah says. "Look, usually I don't drink too much, but I just, uh, had a little something happen today, so how's two bottles a day sounding?":A::k::i:

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

OOC: Where'd he disappear? And with the marking thing I meant something like IC Rerus & Ignitus or something like that. Of course you can do it any way you want, but I found myself forgetting the name of the new Toa so I brought it up... :P

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

"Two bottles a day? You, my friend, need to cut down on that stuff, seriously... I heard of this one Toa of Air once who took a little too much one day during a visit in Po-Koro. He spent the next weeks walking around the island, claiming he was someone else and stuff like that... what would you say about one bottle a day?"

OOC: Your guess is as good as mine.IC(Xadah):"Look, I've got a liver as strong as Karzahni. Took me seven bottles just to get here. I'll be fine with two.":A::k::i:

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

"Follow me", Jarkale said. "The fastest way to get to Ko-Koro is by a Gukko."

Jarkale lead Rerus, Ignitus, Xadah and Kiron (and if there's anyone else still tagging alone, those guys too. Please make yourselves known :P ) to the Gukko stalls where a Matoran was cleaning it.

And just like that, after a short talk, the group had a deal. For 50 widgets each, they would get to fly a Gukko bird one way to go to Ko-Koro. The birds would then return on their own.

"All right, everyone ready to leave? Or do you have something in Le-Koro you want to deal with first?"

IC Jarkale

(Le-Koro):

"Alright then", Jarkale said with a grin. "Let's hop on. Make sure you hold tightly on that bird, Xadah... it'll keep you in the sky as long as you don't slide off. But you have a Miru anyway, so you should be fine."

Jarkale climbed on his bird, wondering how well a Toa could use Kanohi while drunk. He decided not to think about that.

With that, the group soared into the sky, towards Ko-Koro.

OOC: Jarkale, Ignitus, Rerus, Xadah and Kiron to Ko-Wahi.

IC: (Pala-Koro)

Cylund was about to respond, but then a shock struck his mind. It was a shock like a strike of cold lightning straight to his brain, and the Toa of Plasma staggered backwards, as if drunk. "I've changed my mind," he said when he finally steadied himself. "I have to leave. Now."

And then he turned 'round, took one step back into the shade of the jungle trees, and vanished.

OOC: Cylund to Ga-Wahi.

Edited by Lithuanian Lightning

IC Kaunis

(Le-Koro, Star-Bright Inn):

"I can't imagine why someone would want to challenge you. You're in pretty good shape", Kaunis said, then looked around the inn.

"It's been a pleasure meeting you, Colx... but I believe I have places to be. I think I'm going to Ta-Koro next, to play... or maybe I should try Onu-Koro? I dunno where I have the best chances of making it big."

OOC: @Gear: Btw, what's with Tuli and Khervos?

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC: Whoops, sorry.

IC: Khervos (Gukko Force HQ)

"Alright, we're here" I said.

"After you" I offered to Tuli.

IC: Colx (Bright-Star Inn)

"Have a good one" Colx replied, paid for his drink and left.

To continue his little celebration, Colx felt like indulging in one of his "Skakdi vices", and went to his gym to pick up his weapons, before he made for an elevator to the swamp below.

"Let's see if I can find a decently sized Rahi to beat up" Colx thought to himself.

OOC: Thanks for nice interaction, tapio :)

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Whoops. Sorry.IC: Sulkua"Thank you very much. I will still follow along," Sulkua said."So, what are the ILF going to discuss with Le-Koro?"

I.C. Vompran (Le-Wahi)

"We wish to be on good terms with the Akiri. There has been a lot of political turmoil lately, as you may or may not have noticed. We want to see what's happening and see what direction the turmoil is heading. If possible, we wish to alleviate or distinguish it."

Vompran's artificial leg snagged on a vine almost causing him to trip. Embarrassed, he manipulated the vine away from him. And tried to keep on walking with a better watch for his own element.

elementalussal.png

OOC: Been a pleasure. Maybe they'll meet again when the plot of the RPG thickens... that would be awesome.

As for Tuli and Khervos... I've got no clue how to do this meeting with the Gukko force HQ although Tuli probably should... let's see how this goes. :P

IC Tuli

(Le-Koro, Gukko Force HQ):

Tuli nodded at Khervos as she walked inside. Khervos was still being his usual self - a gentleman, above else. She gave a moment to regret her outburst at Khervos for rejecting her. Was it really his fault that Tuli had the customs she did?

"Hello there. From the Ta-Koro guard. We would like to report a possible threat to the security of your village, and the entire island", Tuli began in a very formal manner, deciding to ignore the fact she was no longer part of the guard in Ta-Koro. "And we request help in removing this threat."

"Sure thing, madame", the Le-Matoran at the counter responded with a squeaky voice. "May I see your guard ensign?"

"Uh, guard ensign?"

"Yes, madame. Ensign of the Ta-Koro guard."

"Uh, well, I don't believe I have one with me right now..."

"I'm sorry madame, but then we have no proof you are of the guard."

"Eh, does it make any difference? We are reporting a threat to our world!"

"But you don't have a guard ensign?"

"No, but -"

"If you don't have an ensign, madame, we can't know if you are truly part of the Ta-Koro guard or not."

"Okay, so I may not be, but there's this Toa in Xa-Koro who -"

"Why did you say you are from the guard?"

"What?! Can't you hear I'm..."

"We are really sorry, but our protocol says -"

Tuli's expression turned into one of uncontrollable rage. There was nothing Khervos could do but take cover as Tuli's conversation with the Gukko force official turned into a shouting match.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU BUREAUCRATS?!" Tuli screamed, earning lots of attention from Matoran inside and outside the headquarters hut. "I SAID THERE'S A THREAT OUT THERE AND YOU ASK ABOUT ENSIGNS?!"

"Please calm down madame, or we'll have to call security", the Le-Matoran said, trying hide further behind his desk.

"Will you listen to me or not, then?"

"But madame, you do not -"

"That's it!" Tuli shouted and marched out the headquarters, her posture tense and her hands clenched."

IC Kaunis

(Le-Koro, Star-Bright Inn):

Kaunis said her goodbyes to Colx and left the inn. She decided to do some shopping in Le-Koro before leaving for Ta-Koro, where she was certain she would earn at least some money for playing her flute. She bought some snack for herself and descended down on the jungle floor with the wooden elevator. She then started towards the tunnel that would take her to Ta-Koro.

OOC: Kaunis to Ta-Wahi.

IC: Khervos (Gukko Force HQ)

"Oh for Mata Nui's sake" I grumbled as I followed Tuli out of the headquarters. Like a confused Stone Rat after a cave-in.

"Tuli, you got to get a better hold of your temper, we just blew our chance at getting help from them"

"Mata Nui help me, why did I have to fall for someone with more temper than a Kane-Ra?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

(Le-Koro):

Tuli turned and waved her hands. "So now you're taking their side?!"

She forced her rage down, trying to get a grasp on rational thought.

"I - I'm sorry", she said. "I don't know why I keep doing that, I really don't... they were just so difficult and... ugh, you know, I can't explain."

Tuli turned away. "I don't know what we'll do now."

IC: Khervos (Le-Koro)

"Now, we do things my way" I replied, with a slight smirk that I couldn't help. I waved Tuli after me and took of towards the streets.

"We need someone to help us with this Toa, and most importantly, we need someone who doesn't play by the rules, and is willing to help us in return for a fee"

"We need a mercenary"

OOC: I have a certain someone in mind ;)

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: SulkuaSulkua moved to help Vompran but he steadied himself. Sulkua studied Vomoran closely. It seemed two of his limbs seemed to be artificial. Sulkua wisely decided to avoid it and pretend he did not notice."I see. Well, that is a smart thing to do, although chances are that you could end up in more turmoil," Sulkua pointed out.

IC: Khervos and Colx (Le-Koro)

"Very well" I replied, and separated from her, going about my merry way more focused on my weapon.

My mind went into overdrive as I began formulating a plan for dealing with Kavala, twisting my brain like the neck of a murderer's victim. It was thanks to this unfortunate predicament that I found myself eventually lose balance, and trip, landing face-first on the ground like a particularly clumsy jester. I heard a TWANG as the disk launcher went off, and a grunt coming from further ahead.

"So, what's the big idea, pipsqueak?"

The voice was gruff, and clearly not amused. I looked up to see a burly Skakdi beaming down at me with unprecedented contempt. In his hand he was holding my disk. The Skakdi kneeled down, grabbed my by the throat with a grip like a vice, and lifted me up while he held the disk up to my face.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shove this down your throat"

"I didn't... mean to... accident" I wheezed like a thirsty Ga-Matoran in Po-Wahi, my legs spasming involuntarily. The Skakdi's expression seemed to grow slightly milder, but he didn't let go.

"Say you're sorry" he threatened.

"I'm... sorry" I wheezed, squeezing the words through my tightly gripped throat like they were words of great emotion. The Skakdi seemed to be satisfied, as he dropped me, albeit roughly, and let the disk fall to the ground beside me.

"Don't mess with me like that again, or excuses won't help you" the Skakdi growled and turned to leave.

"Wait" I said, the Skakdi stopped and turned back to look at me.

"Any chance you'd be interested in a job?" I asked.

"I retired from a life of crime years ago" Colx replied with a stern glare.

"Well, this wouldn't be a crime, in fact it would be quite the opposite" I responded as I got back to my feet.

"Doesn't matter, I'm still retired" Colx replied, and turned to leave again.

"You don't have to take payment for it, you could just help us defeat our enemy out of the goodness of your heart" I called at him.

Colx slowly turned around, staring at the annoying little Ba-Matoran like he was something disgusting that the Ghekula had dragged in.

"I am a Skakdi, tiny. Do the math" Colx growled.

"I get the point" I responded, and carefully apprached the Skakdi "but I'm sure a big bruiser like you would yearn for a challenge once in a while. Get a taste of fighting evil. It would definitely be something to write home about"

Unbeknowst to Khervos, that last line had struck a chord with Colx. As he remembered the deal he'd made with his friends.

Something to write about.

At the very least, it would keep Melna appeased for the time being. Besides, he was still in the mood for a good squabble.

"Alright, you have my attention, Matoran. Use it wisely"

Without further ado, I plunged into a quick resume of what had happened, with Kavala, Tuli, the riddle, everything. As the words poured out of my mouth like a sea of literacy, I saw the Skakdi's eyebrows go higher and higher.

"That's quite a story you got there" Colx said, stroking his chin with a conspicous grin.

"An insane Toa commanding an army of Tarakava; that does sound like a decent challenge for an old ringmaster like myself" he said with an even wider grin.

"I'm in" he said.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Awesome.

IC Tuli

(Le-Koro):

Tuli entered the weapons store, looking about for a weapon she could use well against Kavala or any other threat. She used her bamboo disk well, but when things got rough, it wouldn't be enough.

Tuli wasn't particularly rich - in fact, she still owed money to the real-estate agency of Onu-Koro for her hut. But she carried enough widgets to buy a decent weapon. Debt could wait when there was an adventure to attend.

Tuli chose a weapon she handled well - a spear similar to that of the Ta-Matoran guards. Tuli felt memories return as she went to the counter with the tool. She really did miss her days as a guard, even though it had sometimes been a rough ride.

Satisfied with what she had, Tuli went outside and waited for Khervos at the town square.

IC: Khervos and Colx (Town Square)

I led the way to the town square with the Skakdi in tow. On the way he filled me in on his skills, and I was intrigued to find out he shared my element.

Not that it made me feel any sort of connection, per se, but it was a point of note regardless, since gravity was a somewhat uncommon element on Mata Nui.

His other power was what he called his "Impact Vision", one of the infamous vision powers that Skakdi were known to possess. Allegedly, it allowed him to throw physical blows over distances.

He was carrying a spiked club, and a strange launcher of unknown make that he referred to as his "Zamor Launcher". When he told me of its effect on a target, my interest grew and a plan began to form in my head as we walked.

I stopped by a store to restock on a few supplies, new air bladders were definitely a necessity

We entered the Town square, and I looked around for Tuli.

OOC: You know, I just realized that I have a Matoran, Skakdi, Lesterin and Toa of Gravity. Now I'm really tempted to make a Turaga as well.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: I know right? You seem to enjoy gravity characters. :P

IC Tuli

(Le-Koro, Town square):

Tuli spotted Khervos and waved happily. Then she saw the hulking Skakdi next to him and immediately grew restless.

Oh no you didn't...

"Um, hi there", Tuli said to both Khervos and the Skakdi as they approached. "My name is Tuli. I assume you are... the mercenary?"

OOC: It's a strange coincidence, but I seem to have a much easier time writing them than most of my other chars.

IC: Khervos and Colx (Le-Koro)

"Not quite" Colx replied and crouched down to the Matoran's level.

"I'm the nice man who's gonna help you get rid of that bad Toa who's been mean to you" Colx said with a mock baby-voice. Before he had to stifle a fit of chuckles.

"I'm just screwing with ya" he said and stood up.

"Name's Colx, pleased to meet you"

"It's true, he's not asking for anything in return" I said and took a step forward.

"He's a retired mercenary"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

(Le-Koro, Town square):

Tuli almost snapped again as Colx spoke to her in a most demeaning way. She forced herself to relax, for the sake of Khervos, most of all.

"I'll let you know I'm a ex-guard from Ta-Koro trained for all forms of combat."

She took a breath and looked at Khervos. "Okay, if we have this guy's help, we might as well begin."

IC: Colx and Khervos (Le-Koro)

"Don't worry, one of my best friends was a Matoran. I know you're tougher than you look"

"I guess you'll lead the way" he said and looked at Khervos

I nodded, and turned to lead our little group to the elevators.

"Alright" I said as we descended into the jungle "I've been working on a plan, but I'll have to revise it before we do anything drastic. So just don't disturb while we walk to Xa-Koro, I need time to think"

"Gotcha" Colx replied.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Khervos (Le-Wahi Path)

"Naturally" I replied absent-mindedly, only able to muster a minscule amount of irritation at the fact that Tuli had ignored my request.

We went on the path, with me in front and the other two a little behind, as I delved into my own dark depths for an answer to my current riddle.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Colx (Le-Wahi Path)

Colx observed the two Matoran with a kind of lazy scrutiny that made it look like he was working hard but not getting anywhere. He was the farthest behind of the group, stomping after Tuli.

"So" he said "if he's the brain, and I'm the brawn, does that make you the positive influence or something?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

(Le-Wahi):

"You don't understand. It's not that he lacks social skills - in fact, he was the one to come at me. But then it just... he just gave up, I guess. I'm not exactly an easy person to be around with. I've got... kind of a hot temper, some say."

IC: Colx and Khervos (Le-Wahi Path)

"Ah, the classic "it's complicated" excuse. I've seen that one a lot" Colx replied with a knowing grin.

We had arrived.

As I once again scoped out the depraved ruins, I was putting the finishing touches on my plan. As I expected the rope we had used before had been cut, no getting across that way.

"Alright" I said, and turned around.

"What we're going to do, is use my last two grappling hooks to build a more traversable route across the river. Tuli and I will go first, Colx will follow behind, and cover us from any Tarakava that come at us from below."

"Once we're across, we'll find somewhere to break through the roof, and drop down. Tuli and I will drop through first, and get Kavala's attention, and lead him under the whole. Colx will then drop at him from below. Tuli and I will then let our disks fly at him. Also, I'll grab one of the weapons he's stashed in case the Tarakava show up. Colx, you will use your launcher on Kavala, and we'll use that opportunity to knock him out.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...