BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Eidolon

"Someone took a bad hit here," Eidolon said, whistling, and picking up the head of an old hatchet, examining it closely. The sopping mud by the lake was also severely disturbed, as if something had been rolling around in it. "You know if anyone was with Zahkon?"

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC: Wiry Guardswoman - Le-Koro - Gukko Force Headquarters

"You wait your turn... ma'am. Er-" The Guardswoman shook her head, turning back to Colx, "Akiri Kongu does need more hands in assisting him in training since he'll be doing most of it at least for now. Whether or not that is actual training or more odd jobs or enforcement I am not sure; you can never tell with that man. You would have to ask him," she shrugged, arms still crossed, "Anything else you'd like to ask me?"

IC: Colx (Gukko Force HQ)

"I guess now I'm supposed to ask where I can find the Akiri, if you happen to know where he might be"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

He spotted something shiny in the mud, dropping the hatchet head, which seemed weathered and had probably been their for some time. He went for the shiny object, a spanner.

"Onu-matoran you say?" Eidolon said. "Seems like the type to own a spanner...not the type to leave it behind, unless he was the one injured. In which case he was attacked by the Vortixx, or the Le-matoran. Or someone else?"

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Khervos (Xa-Koro)

"So long, Kavala" I said, and Tuli and I began on the way back through the jungle.

This trip to Xa-Koro had provided me with some rather... intriguing... experiences. Much had been risked, and next to nothing had been gained by the whole ordeal, I felt a bit like a Mahi Goat that'd been herded into the pen, it was incredibly frustrating.

Aside from what little the Koro's deranged inhabitant wanted to tell us, there wasn't much we could take from any of this, it almost felt like fate had been holding me on a leash the whole time, baiting me along with a carrot that may never have existed in the first place.

All this bounced around in my head as we walked through the jungle.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kordan

Kordan knew the Vortixx could have been the one to do this, but that Le-Matoran was crazy. Still the two of them had been friends. The again, so had he and his brother.

"I dont know. We should follow the blood trail though" Kordan pointed in the direction of the blood.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC:Right, not arguing now. I donned the cloak quickly, before squatting down to a more Matoran height to blend in with the crowd a bit more. So maybe there were such thing as helpful people on this Mata-Nui forsaken island after all.

IC: Feongulf~ Fumbling through the traffic, I lead my "new friend" through the streets, keeping the karz away from any guards we passed (No small feet, considering the buildup implied by the recruitment posters plaster around the village.) , and tried to ignore the stares the happily hissing parasite latched to my back brought. Passing through a market district, a hastily purchased a loose-fitting tunic from one of the stands line along the wooden platform, depositing the widgets market on the wooden tag without trying to haggle, then continuing on, quickly throwing the garment on over my armor. We then arrive at the front of the run-down boarding house I had procured a room from for the duration of my mission. I leave my payment at the front desk and claim my key, then head for my room to begin laying my plans. Closing the door on ancient rusted hinges behind us I turn to the vortixx, trying my best to keep a cool, profession expression. "I'm a. . .spy, putting it bluntly, here to slip into the Gukko Force and report on this Koro's inner workings, and I need someone to back me up and serve as a guide while I find my feat here." I paused for a moment to let him digest the information, this vortixx didn't seem like he'd be the sharpest blade between someone's ribs. "I can't pay you, but there are other ways we can make it worth your while in the future."

Edited by BenLuke

IC Tuli & Kavala

(Le-Wahi):

"Good fortune to you, Matoran", Kavala said as Khervos and Tuli returned to the jungle. He stared at the direction they had left for a long time. Then his eyes narrowed and he plunged back into the waters. All remained peaceful until two Tarakava emerged, their gears allowing them to tread solid ground. Without hesitation, they went to the same direction as the Matoran.

"Khervos...", Tuli began, interrupting the Ba-Matoran's trail of thought. "I was very worried about you when you fell into the water... I told you this journey would be dangerous. What if... what if you had died? Then I would... I dunno. You scared the Karz out of me."

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

"I don't claim to understand what's going on", Hile said, irritated. "But I do know that following a killer requires stealth. Large group as we are, any murderer would certainly hear us coming from afar and hide."

"Perhaps," he said, examining the shrubs surrounding the area the blood trail lead into. "But I'll hear anyone nearby coming. I could even make a field of silence if you're that worried. Following the trail should be easy, whoever it was cut their way through in a hurry. The amount of blood doesn't say much for the matoran's hopes though. The question is who moved the body? Clearly the matoran was in no state to walk. Whoever moved the body then wasn't being cautious about covering their tracks."

"Large footprints in the cleared path as well," he added, now almost talking to himself more than anyone. "Vortixx sized. So the Vortixx moved the body. The Le-matoran could leave without leaving footprints, this is home turf. If I were to guess, I'd say the Le-matoran had a struggle with the Onu-matoran in the mud over their, before stabbing him and leaving him for dead. The Vortixx must have found the body, and maybe tried to get them help?"

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

"Could be lots of motives," he said. "For all we know there could've been another person involved, who we don't know, with any kind of crazy motive. Did the Le-matoran seem like the killing type, or have a motive, Kordan?"

He deliberately threw in the name he hadn't been told for his own pleasure. The skakdi probably wouldn't notice, he was fitting into the group now, and the gruesome murder scene had put his unexpected and strange arrival to the back of peoples minds.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Tuli

(Le-Wahi):

"Back to our lives?" Tuli asked, exasperated. "And where are those, may I ask? What about the riddle? What about that passion for adventure... what about us?"

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

Hile smiled at Eidolon. They clearly had something in common. Both were travellers, beings who wished to watch events unfold simply for experiences, nothing more.

"I'm the Chronicler of Ko-Koro", he said. "I travel but I also record stories. If you could tell a bit more, Toa, I might be interested in recording yours as well."

IC: Khervos (Le-Wahi)

I stopped, and turned to look at Tuli, this was getting ridiculous.

"No "but what", there is no us"

It pained me to say it, but it had to be said, for the simple fact that it couldn't be avoided any longer

"We met in a bar, there was some attraction, but that was it, there was never anything truly special about it. I let my own delusions guide me when I gave you my card, just to keep you around, when you showed up at my door, that was just me being myself around people in trouble."

I took a deep breath, before I continued

"My life had returned to a very comfortable normal when we met again in Onu-Koro, and there was little room in my head for you at all, this tells me that I definitely don't care that much."

I heaved after my breath a few times in the silence that followed.

"That's how I feel. How do you feel?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

(Le-Wahi):

Tuli stood still. All was silent except for the crying of birds in the distance and the rustle of the leaves.

I can't believe I spent all that time thinking about this, Tuli thought, disgusted with herself.

"I... I see", she said. "Well, I'm glad this is over with... now I know not to waste my time on you."

Tuli's features foretold an upcoming explosion of temper.

"You had a chance with me but if you wanna pass it, fine. There are many men out there who would love to be with me. They will be happy to hear that it's now all in their reach."

Without waiting for an answer, Tuli turned away and walked off.

"I'll return to Onu-Koro myself", she retorted. "Have a nice life."

The two Tarakava observed the Matoran with interest. They had suddenly stopped and acted in a way that indicated strong emotions, which puzzled the dim-brained Rahi.

The two of them separating was an unwelcome turn of events. The Tarakava had a mission in mind. They were to beat down the Matoran, making sure they would never get to spill the secrets of Kavala's hideout. Now there would have to be two separate hunts.

There was a silent agreement with the Tarakava. One would follow the red one, one the black one. Whatever happened, they would fall.

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

"Huh? What is it, Kordan?"

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Khervos (Le-Wahi)

And just like that, it was over.

As I stood behind and watched her stomp home, I felt... dirty.

I had brought attention to the big stain on the carpet, and it had served no purpose but to leave the carpet obsolote and forgotten, like a piece of easily disposable trash.

And I was wondering whether or not I was better for it.

I started in the way home as well, but I kept a fair distance behind Tuli, and said nothing.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:
A lone De-Toa walked through Le-Koro's streets, ignoring the glances in his direction by passerby. He had last walked this path eight months prior, the day he set out on his first vacation in decades. Since then, he had returned to the village only twice. The first was during the Xa-Korans's attack, where he had fought against the invaders, only to depart once more on a mission to find them. The second had been even shorter, just long enough to retrieve a few things from his home before taking his post in Po-Koro.
And his home had never seemed more alien.
It hadn't changed in any respect but the superficial. The village hidden in the trees had always been the most cheerful, and that irrepressible spirit had thrived since Makuta's fall. Countless shops had sprung up in the three short months since, people daring once again to dream without fear, to pursue those dreams without looking for the shadow over their shoulder. Young beings played Kolhii in makeshift arenas outside their homes, laughing gleefully as their "game" slowly devolved to nothing more than chasing each other with sticks. Even the sun seemed brighter, as if the shadow's fall had freed it as well.
But he had never been more of a stranger to it. Villagers glanced at him in confusion, wondering why they had never seen this guard in the past, before looking past the accumulated dust and wear to recognize the rule-driven being they had known. In that moment, their expressions turned to tired exasperation, or outright contempt. His expression never changed, as he felt their eyes on his back, following his route through the street.
The Force's base of operations was no better. His arrival was met with a flurry of surprised looks, and exasperated rolls of the eye. One newer recruit turned to his mentor with a questioning look, gesturing at Krayn, only to be met with a shake of the head. The De-Toa wasn't surprised; none of this was anything new. They'd thought, hoped, that he had left for good, but his return had only meant a return to the usual. Their behavior was normal, at least from the Lieutenant's perspective. He knew what they called him behind his back, what they had thought about his behavior. His arrest record, his dedication,had never changed anything. He was the Force's laughing stock, the whipping boy, the convenient target.
"Inzaka[//i]?" An incredulous voice said, as Krayn paused a few yards away from the Akiri's office. "Lieutenant Inzaka? You actually came back? Yeesh, how long's he been gone?"
"Easily six months. He went on vacation and never came back. Even Commander Daring came back before him, and she's never in town." The other guard replied, rolling his eyes. The two had been recruited a few years earlier, one a Fe-Toa, the other a Le-Matoran, and they had become inseparable. One was never found without the other, often bouncing off each other in their humor. They were also serving as the Akiri's guards.
"Hey, Inzaka! Your coat's dirty, isn't that against policy? And where've you been, trying to find that stick everyone's telling you to get rid of? Well, the search is over, it's right up your-" The Le-Matoran paused briefly, as a high-ranking officer went by. "Ahem. Isn't there a regulation[/i] about vacation time?"
The Fe-Toa snickered. "Did you run out of Matoran to fine? I mean, you must eventually run out of little things to tell them off for. Not that your work isn't important. Did you catch that litterer yet?"
"He caught them ages ago, he's working on loiterers now."
A tall Ko-Toa stood over him, massive sword held easily in one hand, and a murderous expression on his face. He could see a spear stab through a Vo-Toa's heartlight, leaving him a bloody heap on the ground. He could seem them all, Marks blazing on their shoulders...
He could see the face of Death hanging in front of him once more. And it wore Utu's mask.
"In all seriousness, we heard about Ga-Wahi. You seriously had to be rescued by a Po-Koro Colonel, Daring, and a few misfits? What's the matter with you, don't your protocol have something to say about dignity?"
"Guys, we have to get to the Bearers, now!"
"If we show up now, then everything Emotia and Reaver have risked will go to waste, and we'll be putting all of them in more danger. We have to stay here. This operation is bigger than one person."
"I mean, really. That's just plain shameful. You couldn't even handle a few Toa. No wonder the Commander was promoted ahead of you."
"Oh yeah, did you hear about that? Daring outranks you. Promoted a bit before you left. That really says something, doesn't it? Daring is never here, doesn't do any paperwork, doesn't do anything but crush on that Sentinel, and she gets a promotion. The higher-ups must [i[really[/i] hate you. Sisk became head of his own group, Leah became a Toa... You really do suck."
"You got vanished to Po-Koro, too." The other added, smirking. "That's an under-the-rug assignment. Somebody wanted you out of the way, where no one needed to deal with you anymore. Bet your precious regulations don't do you much good there."
"Actually," The Le-Matoran added, grinning viciously. "I heard he's dating one of them. Took Inzaka a trip to the most desolate place on the island to find anyone willing to put up with him. I mean, it's not like he has any redeeming qualities."
"To those who have died in the line of duty before me, and those still living, it has been an honor serving with you all."
"Don't really know, I had to deal with him in Gukko Force boot camp, the only reason they passed him through was to be politically correct, cause we have to have a certain number of non-air Toa in the force."
"... when it comes down to the two of us, you're the expendable one. And aww, don't you feel important carrying around your little pieces of paper in your little bag hoping you can catch a criminal someday? I swear to God, with morons like you in command, it's no wonder Makuta got to Tamaru so easily..."
The De-Toa stood still, in the middle of the passage, listening. His expression never changed, never wavered from the impassive mask he had always worn. Maybe they had a point. He hadn't accomplished any real task in months, he hadn't done any good, he hadn't even been useful when Le-Koro was attacked. Perhaps Skyra was right. He had always been there to pad out the roster.
It would explain why no one ever thanked him, why all his determination ever got him was a fresh stack of paperwork from someone else because they were "too busy". But it didn't really matter. He had a job to do.
"One, you're an arrogant prick. Well, that's enough said there, I doubt that needs any extrapolation, does it?
"I wish," Krayn said finally, as the two guards slowly grew tired of their remarks. "To speak to the Akiri. I have a report from Po-Koro."
"What's it say, "The villagers fail to use proper greetings"? "Too sunny"? "Sand won't listen to orders"? Really, what could you have to say about Po-Koro? You're probably denied at the door of every establishment. Or they have you do odd jobs. The only thing you're good for."
"Actually, we found a better use for your desk." The other said, jumping into the lull in conversation. "It works great to hold the coffee makers. In all seriousness, though, I think Kongu's a bit too busy to deal with you. He has things that are actually important to do."
"Yeah, go back to your sand castles and your second-hand woman. The big boys have work to do."
"... What was that?" The De-Toa said, in a dangerously quiet voice.
"What, the bit about your girlfriend? It's simple logic, isn't it? No one would take you if they had any alternatives, which means she was as desperate as you were. It's a match made in Artahka. Two useless, unwanted halves of a useless, unwanted whole."
The next few moments were tinged with red. Krayn felt his right hand ball up on its own, and before he could realize what he was doing, the Le-Matoran that had spoken was on the floor, several feet away. His mask was in pieces around him, shattered by the blow that had put him there. The De-Toa barely bad time to register the pain in his hand before a blow struck the side of his head, followed by one to his gut, and a second to his face. An instant later he felt his back slam into the wall, and he slid to the ground.
An abused animal will take its pain for weeks, years, without anything more than a growl. It fears its oppressors too much to act, to defend itself. And some will go the remainder of their lives with that fear, never willing to take a stand. But some of them will one day have enough, be pushed too far. Maybe that was what happened to Darylhii. The Toa had been Krayn's idol, his hero, before his defection. Before he bit back, Bit back just as Krayn had done.
He felt a warm trickle run down his face as guards flocked to the floor Le-Matoran, paying Krayn himself no mind but to glare at him venomously, or make sure he wasn't getting back up. Not one person bothered to learn the situation. Not one bothered to see if the De-Toa was okay.
Maybe they're right. Maybe they've been right about me all along.
Maybe they've all seen the reality I didn't want to see.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Lashev:

"Yes, in fact, we are--" Lashev said in reply, turning to continue down the walk, just in time to notice a guardsman, Krayn, not one he knew personally, both throw one punch and receive three more. Like multiple others, he'd heard the stories about Krayn, but he was used to worse from others in Ko-Koro, and it seemed that even Sisk had been slightly rueful about the way Krayn had been treated when he was still in Le-Wahi.

Oh, how wonderful.

Unlike the rest of the forcemen about, going to the Le-Matoran, Lashev ran up and knelt by the Toa of Sonics on the ground.

"Krayn, right?" the Ko-Matoran asked, shaking the De-Toa's head around a bit to make sure he was awake. "If you can hear me, groan twice. If you can't, groan once, because I'm going to have to make sure you stay awake. Looks like you got hit hard enough that you might have a concussion, and comas aren't fun, are they?" He squinted his eyes inquisitively, before lightly smacking the Toa in the face.

"By the way, you go unconscious on me and I'm making sure you get a demotion, J.S.Y.K."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:"I can't exactly sink much further."The reply came after a moment, quieter than one might expect. "After all this is said and done, a demotion will be the most favorable outcome, I think. I just struck another guardsman."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: "Not-Kunitu" - Gukko Force HQ

The being who was definitely not Kunitu no matter what others claimed chuckled, nodding to the younger woman and stepping back behind the person who the Gukko Force member was currently in a conversation with. Seeing that she was totally not the semi-retired Commander, there was absolutely no way she could attempt to make her requests a priority, not that she needed to anyway; it was fun being just another normal person again. Nobody would ever bring up the time she did an aileron roll and crashed into the now-destroyed Rama Hive.

Not that she ever did that. It wasn't like she was Kunitu or anything.

Totally.

The sound of a fist to face broke her out of her reverie. She blinked, looking up at the cause of the commotion. There was a group of guards surrounding a downed Le-Matoran, and to the side ... there were two more beings; beings she recognised immediately.

Not that she was Kunitu and instructed some of them in their drills or anything.

Really.

"Excuse me," she murmured to the recruiter, turning away and walking towards the scene.

Unity was rather lacking these days. It reminded of her tenure all those years ago ... it may have been different for her friend, but the atmosphere was exactly the same.

I'm not going to let anyone else fail.

"Fighting among each other in unbefitting of the Gukko Force," she remarked, standing between the two groups. "Explain what happened. Now."

IC:"The person you're certain I am?"

"You don't even know who I am." The De-Toa replied, a slight, almost undetectable, note of bitterness slipping into his voice. He watched the new arrival dully, his attuned hearing instantly identifying the person the voice belonged to. He opened his mouth to speak, but Lashev beat him to it,

Across the room, the Le-Matoran pushed himself to his feet, his eyes shooting daggers at the downed De-Toa. "You insignificant little ****! I'll have your hide dragged before a tribunal for that!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Lashev:

"Alright. Le-Matoran and all around him, shut up," Lashev growled, glaring to the Le-Matoran who'd just decided to threaten Krayn. "Person who just stepped out of line, you can...I dunno, sit back and stay out of the way. Krayn, you, stand up, I already said I don't want to drag you. Until we actually figure out what all has happened, there will be no threats of tribunals, and until we get either of you to somebody who can actually treat your injuries, any investigation will be postponed." He stopped, turning to give his Ko-Matoran glare to all around.

"Is that understood?"

profiles i guess

IC:"Shut up, frosty." The Le-Matoran growled, his partner in crime nodding his agreement. "This isn't your issue, so why don't you just step out? Go get a snow cone. I hear there's a stand down the street that sells good ones."

Krayn glanced at the semi-retired commander tiredly. "I lost my temper, and struck him, ma'am. His partner struck back in exchange. There's not much else to it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Kunitu

Kunitu sighed, dropping the guise of not being the semi-retired commander. It was frustrating, seeing the younger generation resort to violence so quickly.

"I thought I taught you better, Krayn," she murmured, glancing away from the younger guard. "Right. All of those who were not involved in the altercation may leave. You three, follow me."

She'd have to whip some unity back into them if they wanted to keep serving the village.

IC:

"Hi, my name's Lashev, and I fought on the front lines against the Rahkshi to save your sorry *** with my comrade Sisk," the Ko-Matoran muttered, rolling his eyes. "Now shut up before I have to--"He grinned."Nevermind, I'll let this apparently higher-ranked person take care of you," Lashev said, before attempting to pull Krayn up."Stand up, you bloody oaf, I don't want to drag you!"

profiles i guess

IC:"I would, ma'am," Krayn replied, shifting slightly to be able to see Kunitu better. "But I am not entirely capable of movement. I think I may have a minor concussion, but I am quite decidedly dizzy.""And, ma'am, you did teach me better. But the lesson you taught us most was to protect the people around us."

fK5oqYf.jpg