BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

The Wahi:

The most placid of the regions of Mata Nui, Ga-Wahi is a large and mostly submerged area located on the eastern side of the island of the island. It is dominated by the great Naho Bay, which takes up the vast majority of the region and is surrounded by towering white cliffs. Ga-Wahi's landscape is very diverse, featuring sandy beaches and sharp cliffs, green strips of thick forest near the sea and wide grassy plains further inland. Ga-Koro is located in this Wahi, floating in the southern part of the bay at the delta of the Hura-Mafa River. Local landmarks include:

-Naho Bay: Bordered by pale cliffs, this wide cove is home to Ga-Koro, Ga-Kini, and Ga-Suva, as well as several underwater caves. A large waterfall pours into Naho Bay, and the rock face of the falls is sculpted into the likeness of a Kanohi Kaukau. There is a peaceful cave behind the roaring waters.

-Hura-Mafa River: This river runs northward from the slopes of Mount Ihu into Naho Bay, emptying there bay by means of the Naho Falls. It is one of the largest rivers on the island, and serves as a speedy ferry for trade from Ko-Koro to Ga-Koro.

-Old Fusa Path: This pathway was created by the Matoran to serve as an inland access point to the beaches of Naho Bay, and ultimately to the village of Ga-Koro. Harakeke and Bamboo plants proliferate along the path.

-The Dark Walk: One of six large tunnels dug by Makuta’s Rahkshi during the final days of his rule. Large enough to encompass a walking legion, it runs directly from the doorstep of the Koro down into Mangaia. Exudes a definite aura of odiousness, and is generally avoided.

The Koro:

Led by Akiri Hahli, Ga-Koro is built on huge lily pads, held in place by thick stems that grow underwater, with segmented leafy walkways and bridges connecting the platforms. It’s built around a central plaza that is faced by the Akiri’s hut; the plaza also doubles as the main marketplace of the Koro. Huts are made of more lily pads and look like cabbage heads, though they are very sturdy.

Since the village’s betrayal by the Toa “Arete,” Ga-Koro’s culture had changed. The village no longer suffers fools or false idols and is far more judicious in how they view strangers. Ga-Koro has also built up its defenses by constructing new floating “sea forts” for its Marines, the Koro’s guard service. The village gates are manned with twice the personnel as in the days of Makuta, and the chain of command has been cut down substantially to prevent anyone unsavory from gaining control where it should not be held.

But Ga-Koro’s creativity went beyond the martial. The Ga-Matoran have, with the help of Onu-Koro’s engineers, constructed several underwater greenhouses that grow food, plants both medicinal and industrial, and other cash crops. Strategically protected by Marine sea forts, these greenhouses are equipped with state of the art oxygen filtration systems and solar panels, not unlike those used by the miners in the Great Mine. Armed Toa and a lock system that is designed to fool all but the Onu-Matoran engineers who designed it defend the gardens from saboteurs.

Ga-Koro has largely detached itself from the squabbles of other villages, but its influence is still felt throughout Mata Nui: the Koro now supplies most of the island’s food and medicine, and if anything were to befall those greenhouses, the stock of supplies under the control of the Ga-Matoran would long outlast those of the other villages, making Ga-Koro a crucial ally to the other Koros.

test2.png

IC: Arias

"OYE! Lad, get over here!"

Arias sighed. That was the salvage captain, asking him to od another trivial task. The Salvage Crew was slowly falling apart, as there were no more Rahkshi to salvage. Which ment Arias would be out of a job sooner rather then later. And with how suspicious everyone is these day, it would be harder then normal. Which was hard enough. Sigh..

OOC: Anyone who wants to can be part of the Salvage Crew.

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

IC: Treize

The village appeared calm. For Treize, a woman who had barely survived through the chaos of Makuta's reign, this feeling was surprisingly eerie. It was ironic, how the peace that they had striven for felt so ... insignificant. True, pirates still roamed the seas, brigands still pounced on unsuspecting travellers ... but there was no longer this feeling of oppression.

A small part of her still wanted the oppression back.

"Maybe I could retire," she muttered, leaning over the railing of her vessel to stare at the lights that emanated from Ga-koro. Usually, she would feel proud seeing how much her home had developed after the Makuta's fall, but tonight, she felt rather ... empty.

"But where would I go then ...?"

A doll floats downstream; carrying with it prayers; spring has come at last.

OOC: Zacax willIC: Zacax This was bad. They were already low on Rahkshi scrap, but he still had his weapon shop to keep him on his feet. He continued to pick up all the Rahkshi parts on the ground, this was another long day.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

With cold precision, laced inside the tight fury of a single toss, Toa Daedra Ketan's forehead was pierced by a single sharpened dart. His eyes were wide, crimson and surprised, a handsome half-smile still frozen on his wretched face; there was not an inkling within the lines and designs of that face that could resemble a remorse, and so the thrower of the dart did not particularly feel any, either. Making a finger gun with the three fingers she'd used to toss the dart, Akiri Hahli blew a single puff of air along her fingertips and then met Ketan's eyes.

"Perfect shot," she beamed, turning away from the dartboard and to the paperwork on her desk. There was the typical - requests for sick leave, Marine fortification reports, the latest from the greenhouses, input/outputs - and the atypical - some Navywoman named Trapeize wanted potato guns fitted to every inch of her ship to turn back invaders, and some doctor was requesting fifteen percent of all coffee in the Koro in exchange for free treatment - and sometimes, once in a blue moon, even something exciting. But Hahli did not mourn for her lack of free time or for her sense of entertainment; it was a dirty job, but someone had to do it, and she'd rather it be her than the man on the dartboard.

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Treize

It was a surprise, hearing someone else in the middle of the night. Beynii was usually fast asleep at this time, leaving her alone to think about whatever was on her mind at the time. Yet the presence of another was not entirely unwelcome, especially when they wished to join her crew.

"Jump on," she said blandly, looking down at the Marine standing on the docks.

OOC: Zacax willIC: ZacaxThis was bad. They were already low on Rahkshi scrap, but he still had his weapon shop to keep him on his feet. He continued to pick up all the Rahkshi parts on the ground, this was another long day.

IC: Arias

"Hey Zac" I helped load the cart with Scrap. "I think thats...." I didn't want to finish the sentance. Already, I was practicaly out of a job. "Say, you own a weapon shop don't you?"

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

"Jump on," she said blandly, looking down at the Marine standing on the docks.

IC: Kotaran nodded, reaching for the standard issue Marine bags that held his gear and few possessions, and hefting them forward as he stepped over the gangplank. Edited by BenLuke

IC: Zacax"Yeah its still running, I almost lost all of my wares when the Rahkshi invaded," Zacax said with a laugh, "Why do you ask?"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Zacax"Yeah," Zacax said, "I mean, we are almost done picking up the dead bodies, kind of disturbing in a sense, but maybe I could as them if I could borrow some of the junk, who knows what I can turn it into,"

IC:

Walking through the quiet, serene downtown Ga-Koro, the Le-Toa almost wanted to smile.

The village had fixed up well. Hahli was a capable leader, and the village had prospered under her guidance. Medicine was produced so much quicker, and in greater abundance. Which, for her, meant that she could purchase it at a much lower price to help her patients.

Which was exactly what she was doing. Tucked under her arm was a small bag of roots and leaves, carefully sorted and labeled, even though she didn't need the label to know which was which. She was quite familiar with the plants and their uses. Her quick stride was bringing her towards her home, which doubled as her place of work.

All things considered, Liara's day was going fairly well.

OOC: Open for interaction.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Zacax"Well we aren't having to constantly fight anymore, but I could use some help around the forge," Zacax said, "But sixe this is a new as we may have to expand our specialties, so it means you have to catch up quickly on how to forge and craft items other than weapons,"

IC: Zacax"So, would you like to participate as my apprentice?" Zacax asked

IC: Zacax"It's a real pain to pierce through, it would be awesome!" Zacax said, "Now, lets go get to work on seeing if we can't start borrowing the scrap, we would need to test it out before forging it into armor suitable for the inhabitants,"

IC: Zacax"Now where did you get a gun?" Zacax asked

IC: ZacaxZacax examined the gun an looked at it, "Huh, maybe you would mind making me a special weapon?"

IC: Zacax"Considering I couldn't find a Vortixx, and not all Skakdi are great business partners," Zacax said, "I was thinking of creating of a special blade, combining sword and firearms, I'll show you the blue print in my shop,"OOC: ((May have to get the weapon approved since Zacax isn't a Votrixx or Skakdi))

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: Buisness was booming.

That was all Lenat could say about the last three months.

After his first few sales, word had gotten out about his high grade of craftsmanship, as well as his ability to come up with equipment that was just shy of being as advanced as the stuff one could get from Onu-koro. He could make you a fancy new crossbow that nobody else could make, or a hand cranked winch that would make a day at the docks that much easier, but things that involved energy past the kinetic was beyond him at the moment.

Still, most people were happy with that much. If nothing else the military buildup had been good for the weapons trade. An area in which he was beginning to be known as one of the best in the village. Not a lot of engineer Vortixx made their home in the Village of Water.

Since he had no customers at the moment, Lenat did what he normally did in his spare time. Take apart the rahkshi suits of battle armor and try and find out what made them tick. And, if he could, what he could make out of them.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Walking through the quiet, serene downtown Ga-Koro, the Le-Toa almost wanted to smile.

The village had fixed up well. Hahli was a capable leader, and the village had prospered under her guidance. Medicine was produced so much quicker, and in greater abundance. Which, for her, meant that she could purchase it at a much lower price to help her patients.

Which was exactly what she was doing. Tucked under her arm was a small bag of roots and leaves, carefully sorted and labeled, even though she didn't need the label to know which was which. She was quite familiar with the plants and their uses. Her quick stride was bringing her towards her home, which doubled as her place of work.

All things considered, Liara's day was going fairly well.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC:

"Chaaaaaa--OHGOD OHGOD!"

SPLASH!

A fanged Toa of Gravity popped his head up from under the low crests of the waves and spouted out water from his mouth playfully. Clinging to his surfboard, he floated up to the shore and then set foot on the beach, sliding his wet white t-shirt off over his shoulders and tossing it onto the board so he wouldn't get sand on it. His eyes were bright blue and energetic as he enjoyed the sun and the cooling touch of the water droplets on his skin; he looked far from bashful even after the way he'd totally slipped up and fallen right off the board.

Tillian Juturna was having the time of his life.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Zacax"Excellent, I'll go see if I can find more help, this isn't really something the two of us could make," Zacax said as he went off,

IC:Liara paused on her path, watching as a familiar Ba-Toa pulled himself out of the surf. Her muscles tightened, and she shook her head, resuming her stride. It wasn't the first time she'd seen him around the village, he seemed to have purchased a new home there. But this was the first time she'd been caught within a few dozen yards of him.

She wasn't sure if it was Tillian or Alaric, despite her best efforts to guess. Alaric had managed to fool her before, he could do it again. Just keep walking, Liara. He doesn't have a reason to notice you. Just don't give him one, and it'll be fine.

And ignore that organ in your chest. The last time you listened to it, everything went to Karzahni.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

[And here...we...go.]IC: VoutokThe De-Matoran went about his daily duties as a Marine Sentry, patrolling the lily-pad streets and keeping a watchful eye out for suspicious activity. His left hand rocked one of his bladed kanoka discs in a casual fashion between his index finger and thumb, solely for the purpose of his own amusement as well as to make sure any would-be lawbreakers got the message that that the Matoran was armed.It was strangely not hard for Voutok to get used to the whole "Marine" thing, and by the first month things were pretty steady. No real crime was reported aside from some minor incidents that were easily left to memory afterwards. Voutok even went as far as to paint the Marine's insignia on his left right shoulder armor.As he continued his patrol route, he passed near what was Lenat's store. As the De-Matoran had made customary every now and then, Voutok managed to flex his schedule a little to pay a visit to his now-successful companion.Seeing Lenat working with some of the Rahkshi parts he had salvaged from the attack three months ago, Voutok approached with a casual smile."Ello, Lenat. Still tinkering with the carcasses of Makuta's children as usual?"

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC: ZacaxThe Toa of Fire began walking down to the village market, he though he and saw a Votrixx have a shop a while back. Maybe it was still here. To his luck, he saw the shop he remembered he Vortixx at and went over to it, which happened to be Lenant's , "Hello?" Zacax called out, "Anyone here?"

IC: AriasI lay in wait, buried in some sand outside of the village. My heart was racing, as expected for someone trying to pull off something like this, but I knew what to do. When the cart came, a little battered thing, pulled along by an exausted Ussal, I executed my plan with almost perfect presicion. Almost.I lept out of my hiding place, wearing a powerless Kaukau from a vendor, and managed to commandier the cart. But then some bozo tried to attack me. We fought for a bit, and a landed a good shot on his chest, knocking him back a few feet and burning him. I then urged the cart away, and took off for some nearby dunes.IC: KitaneAAAAUGH!That really hurts, like ow ow ow owowowowowowowowowowowwowI got up, but my chest felt like someone had just burnt it. Oh wait, they had. I got my knifes back, and the driver helped me treat the burn. Still, something about that thief had bugged me. Maybe it was the fact that he looked about as shocked about me getting shot as he did.

Edited by The Lonesome Wanderer

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

IC:

It was a far cry from a multi-story beach house, but Tillian Juturna still found a sort of odd charm about his octagonal two story little home; there was a pool right in the middle of his foyer, little custom zipline systems that got him around the house with the help of his elemental power, and it had a great view of the ocean. Thing is, Tillian's view of everything else was blocked off by the surfboard Emotia and Liara had gotten him for his birthday last year. Vaguely, he remembered his birthday was coming up again soon - that was a bother--

He was so distracted that he totally forgot to look where he was going and bumped right into Liara, sending the surfboard and her falling to the ground fast. Only quick reflex helped him to grab her wrist and hoist her back up instinctively; as he did, the Toa of Gravity looked into the doctor's deep blue eyes and got lost there for a minute in the azure swirl of promises, wit, emotions and pain. There was a lot of pain in there, and maybe some hope. Something else, stronger than all of them but faded and withered.

"Uh...Liara."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Excuse me, sir. I think you have the wrong person."

"Right. Because the people of Ga-Koro totally call me sir.""I wouldn't know what they call you. I've only lived here a few months, and I believe you moved in recently."

"Really? Because you treated me for injuries just four and a half months ago. And we've known each other for two years, easy."

Liara pursed her lips slightly, crossing her arms, and dropping the confused facade her face had hid behind. Where once she had been almost smiling, her face was now tired, weary of emotions that she no longer wished to sort out. "What gave me away?""And which one are you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I'm gonna give the conservative answer and say I recognized your eyes," he beamed. "Hey, cutie. It's...really moi."

"Good. Because otherwise, I had a nice tranq ready for you."

The surfer grinned playfully and then reached out, lifting the doctor up into the air easily with a glomp.

"Hey, relax. With that hug, you'd think you'd seen a ghost."

"Well, that hug was eight months in the making. Hey, cutie."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: ZacaxThe Toa of Fire began walking down to the village market, he though he and saw a Votrixx have a shop a while back. Maybe it was still here. To his luck, he saw the shop he remembered he Vortixx at and went over to it, which happened to be Lenant's , "Hello?" Zacax called out, "Anyone here?"

IC: VoutokSeeing Lenat appeared to be too engaged in his work to notice his arrival, Voutok was about to approach when a Toa of Fire entered the building."The owner's a bit busy carving the carcasses of the children of the island's previous tenant." Voutok uttered a slight chuckle. "Knowing him, he should become aware of people in his shop soon. So what brings you here?" Voutok inconspicuously positioned himself in a way that the painted insignia of the Marines on his right shoulder armor was somewhat visible.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC:

"Yeah, well." The Le-Toa replied, slightly awkwardly. "Neither of us were exactly around. Sorry your house burned down, by the way. I'd have stopped it, but... I'd already left."

fK5oqYf.jpg