BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Wow, good one.

IC Viima & Surina

(Ga-Koro, Courthouse):

Viima shifted his position a bit, clearly uncomfortable. "Well, you see... she is my ex-girlfriend", he said sheepishly. "It was easy for her to convince me... she manipulated me like she has done to so many before. She used our past relationship to get me where she wanted to."

Viima thought to himself that all would be better if he had just remained in Le-Koro to help Orderin. Perhaps even now he was fighting the mysterious attacker? As soon as the trial was over, he would go to Le-Koro with top-speed and see what the situation was.

Surina tried to hide her smile. Yarre's question had been a good one. For the first time in a long time, a brink of light was visible at the end of the tunnel for her.

IC: Celite

Since the trial had come into session, the Vo-Turaga had been feeling tension weigh her down. Though it seemed somewhat fortunate, she must admit, that now the blame was being put on the one who was going to have comitted the crime in the first place. Though unlike her partner in crime next to her, Celite was still concerned that the prosecutor could still have had at least three aces to play. This turnabout court session could go either way...

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

IC Viima & Surina

(Ga-Koro, Courthouse):

"Wh-how-w", Viima stammered. Where had Yarre heard about Viima's past drug dealings? It had been such a long time since he had done any of that and there was supposed to be no source where such information could be derived - after all, everyone he had been dealing with were now dead thanks to the infected Rahi of Makuta's reign. Everyone but...

Viima winced. He and Surina had been dating at the height of his involvement with drugs. Maybe that had been the reason why he had been fooled so easily? Anyway, it was so far behind him now that he would not allow it to threaten Surina's punishment.

"It was centuries ago", Viima said. "I have long since abandoned such action. And this is not the point here. I was used regardless of anything I had done in the past."

IC Viima & Surina

(Ga-Koro, Courthouse):

"I was purposefully drugged", Viima said. "Surina told me to help with a stalker, but I have never seen this stalker anywhere. I lost my mind because of the drugs and came to my senses only after the attempted assassination."

IC: [ Krios ] - Ga-Koro marketplace/town squareIt was, the tall male Vortixx realized dimly, an inevitable fact that his brain was shutting down. He couldn't even think in complete sentences anymore, let alone look for a hotel room, or a deserted building, or... or... he couldn't think. Couldn't focus.A nice, quiet, deserted corner of the marketplace caught his eye. He stared at it for several seconds, then slowly registered what he was looking at.Perfect. Yes. Sleep.He lurched over and collapsed in a heap, unstrapping his Rahi-hide backpack and using it for a crude pillow. Vaguely, he considered using his cloak for a blanket, but it was packed away in the backpack... it was all right, he didn't need it. The sun was warm, and the breeze off the ocean... the chatter of Ga-Matoran traders, the...He slept, stretched out full-length on his back, arms folded across his chest. The dim shadow of a nearby weaver's shop moved slowly around towards him, shrouding his features, and he did not stir. But even in dreamless sleep, his mind functioned, filtering the sounds, sifting every footstep, every vibration of the semi-floating platform beneath his lean body.Krios, professional gambler and spawn of Xa-Koro, had arrived.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC:

Hahli fought the urge to sigh.

"Granted."

True to form, the Marines were out and back in five minutes, wearing gloves and carrying baggies of wine bottles, the empty drug, cups, and other evidence.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Yarre"My client was a former member of the Recreational Drug Use League of Northwestern Ga-Wahi back when I had a rather fabulous and hip afro. It is not unlikely that she still has the drugs."He paused."It could be possible that the three of you decided to engage in some recreation - the actions partaken by the defendants could also be the influence of drugs.

IC:

"There's only room in that vial for one dose of the drug," Hahli noted. "And we had them all tested at the hospital wing of the detention center. Only the witness had the drug in his system."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Iraanus vanished into the kitchen, the cogs already turning in his mind. A moment later, Destian followed; the two exchanged a few words and then returned to their duties. Gradually, ideas were discreetly passed between the members of the Horde. It was clear that, like Iraanus, many of his companions were itching to be back in action.

The cogs in the simple clock hanging above the kitchen door turned as well, and before long its single hand was pointed at the eleven. He pushed through the door to find the bar empty of customers - empty, that is, save for two.

Q2TtLEz.png

OOC: Suran's a Lesterin, and outside the cell.

IC: Suran

The old Lesterin watched impassively as the Toa of Stone flew towards he and the Toa of Sonics. He supposed that, dazed by the sonic blast, and crazed by the rush of battle, the Toa had neglected to notice the bars still between them. He stood still and waited. He trusted the two Sonics inside could handle the Toa, but if worst came to worst, it was best for him to fight one-on-one. In the meantime, he scanned the rest of the prison, eyes out for any trouble that could have been propagated by the one-prisoner revolt.

IC: Yaddrokk

Perfect perfect perfect! A crazed grin filled the Skakdi's face for a moment as the Toa's attention left him. Before the Toa had leaped out of reach, the Skakdi grasped the nearer of his legs in a vice grip and yanked, teeth bared and ready to pierce any chink in his leg armor. Calix or not, a maimed leg would surely impede his acrobatics.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC

Verak didn't jump at Suran, he jumped at Yaddrok and Matrapolix. Also, yeah, don't take everything I write entirely literally. 'Faster than the speed of thought' is a bit of a hyperbole. :P

IC- Verak - Ga-Koro Prison

Everything was a blur, as I punched and kicked at the two marines, barely able to pause and think about my actions. My fist brushed the Toa, but he had already moved away. The being followed up with a swing at my mask. Half way through his motion, I felt the Skakdi take hold of my leg and pull. I bent the leg and twisted away from the hook blade, pulling my torso towards the Skakdi. The metal scratched my mask, but found no purchase. Looking down, I saw the Skakdi attempting to bite my leg. God, what a savage. In response, my other foot slammed downwards, aiming right for his mouth. With both feet off the ground, I fell a short distance towards the wooden floor but my hand whipped down to meet it, stopping the fall. I still had a hard time making out what the beings were shouting at me, but it didn't really matter, because I wasn't paying attention anyway.

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

OOC: You said 'two Toa', so I got confused. Plus, they're a good distance apart, so jumping at both of them didn't make sense. Anyways, on with the show.

IC: Yaddrokk

No being had reflexes that fast. Even with a Calix.

Okay, maybe Suran did. With a Calix. But he'd spent years training or something like that, right? Either way, the Toa had kicked him in the face. And the whiplash hurt.

His vision went white for a second and he lay still on the ground. This would be so much easier if he was allowed to kill the guy. Why was it that these criminal types were always so thrice-darned good at fighting? It made this job so much more of a pain that it needed to be. The guy would get his mask back later, what was the deal? He grumbled.

Well, his implants were still functional. Sturdy things, those. Had to be. They were Karz to fix, and excruciatingly painful if they got bent out of shape, given they were planted directly in his jaw. But it'd take more force than this Toa could muster to break those.

What ticked him off more than anything, though, was that the Toa seemed to be enjoying this. Confound him. Yaddrokk couldn't stand people like this. Showoffs.

He realized that while he'd thought all of this, he'd been lying still for a while. Probably looked like he'd been knocked unconscious. He hoped it did, at least.

X-Ray vision sucked in combat, he realized. He would kill for impact or laser vision right about now. He would also kill to wipe that mask off the Toa's face.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

"So, in your opinion, if she wanted to try and eliminate you with a bow and arrow, she could easily do so? Would it be safe to say that you would be dead right now if not for a Marine affiliate taking the arrow for you?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Hahli looked from Viima to the defendants and then back to Vos, who was standing towards the back. His gaze was wary as he leaned against the wall but he had said nothing up until this point.

"Vortixx," she summoned. "You were there when the defendants were taken into custody. Is this claim true?"

"Completely." The Vortixx replied, without bothering to leave his space on the wall, forcing the lawyers and defendants to crane their necks to see him. "If you wish, I also have a comprehensive psychological analysis that labels the defendant in question a psychopath."

"Bring it here," Hahli requested; two Marines took said paperwork, along with the transcripts from Celite and Surina's exchange in the medical ward. Hahli flicked through them before turning back to Surina. "The court also has an extensive, detailed argument with the two defendants confessing to the crimes they are charged for, with both admitting they planned this but both pinning the blame on the other. Now, in open court, I ask both of you directly: what involvement did each of you have in this conspiracy?"

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

[OOC: Nothing like sleeping in late and waking up to 60+ notifications of heated court session and a heated attempt at de-masking a Toa with a "don't give a flipping crud" attitude.]IC: VoutokUpon approaching the door to Zacax's shop, Voutok knocked multiple times. "Hello? I'm back from my trip. Anyone home?"

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC: CeliteThis was the crunch time. It was painfully clear that Hahli was not swayed by Yarre's arguments - at least, it didn't seem that way, based on the way she was acting. It was at this point the Turaga in the docks could not help but think that having the intended victim be the judge would theoretically create at least some bias to the situation. Still, she had no choice but to respond truthfully. At this point, there was little else to do. Everything from the medical ward had been recorded, after all. So there was no escaping the painful truth. Celite took a deep breath before responding to Hahli's question."I raised the notion of alternate leadership." She said, not an ounce of untruth in her voice. "But after that I was mostly a supporting role." She knew this would no doubt anger Surina, but there was no other way to put it. Of course, Celite considered that she could have taken all the blame since she was older and let the Matoran get away, but that didn't suit her own interests, After giving her reply, the Turaga looked to the Ga-Matoran's face to judge her expression.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

OOC: Oh, man, I'm just jamming with all sorts of people these days. Weird. I'm also posting far more often than usual. :P Anyways, here's a little fun post courtesy of Gravity and I.

IC: Kughii and Liikyra

“UAAAAAA!” Kughii yelled with a shrill, feminine pitch, his hands thrown up into the air, elbows tucked tightly to his chest as he ran down the beachhead, a thickly coated paintbrush grasped tightly in his left hand. The orange glow of sunrise glittered off the sparkling armor of his bane, her wild and reckless charge putting even the most rabid hypochondriac to shame. “Kughii! I’m going to.... TO... GAAAAAAH!”

I guess it’s a good way to die, Kughii thought as hot pink paint dribbled down his arm. His legs burned like a swarm of biting desert beetles. Kughii glanced to the sea, and saw it turn into an infinite saucer of tea, its beautiful shimmering surface steaming with the sweet scent of tannic earth. Farther up the beach he could see the meat buns, happy families of the pastry delight hopping ungainly across the sand to welcome him into paradise.

Then the screeching sound of a spatula on cast-iron.

Kughii blinked. The bamboo roof of a large stone dwelling swam into focus, the colors mysterious and convoluted. With a yawn he stretched, feeling his shoulders push back towards the hammock. Hammock? Oh karz.

His world revolved from north to south at the offset balance, and with a loud and particularly harsh thud Kughii kissed the floor, the stone surface a cold and dusty lover in the morning. Groaning, he grabbed the support beam from his prone position, heaving his sore frame into a standing position as a palm quickly stamped his brow. Kughii let out a wry chortle at his mistake, then blinked away the remaining lightning flashes hampering his vision.

“As usual, Liikyra, I awake with the pomp necessary for a life of useless derision.” His voice was parched and scratchy from a night of dreamless sleep. The ruckus in the kitchen paused momentarily, then resumed with the feminine intonation of matoran language chattering away over the din.

“You know, I don’t know how you manage to be so annoying. Really... Here. Sit down and just eat it.”

“Oho, you’re cooking for me too now, eh?” Kughii said with a chuckle as he moved past the small brazier his roommate crouched by, then stopped short as his hazel gaze fixed on the plate in his hands. “Um... What is this?”

“It’s my breakfast,” Liikyra pouted, her black kanohi contorting into a wry smile, something Kughii mentally wished she would never do so early in his day. “Or was until you woke up with such pomp and dust and made it sound like the roof caved in -- and threw off my rhythm.”

There was a pause as he looked into her dissatisfied eyes and gulped.

“Well, I guess I’ll have to eat it then.”

“Well, I guess so.”

He trundled somnolently to the small breakfast nook overlooking the bay, water lapping gently within the small pool of ocean ordaining every living room in Ga-Koro. Kughii didn’t mind the salty smell floating from the orifice, but the memories of splashing awkwardly into the sea while rummaging for a pencil to write down a sudden thought during the night gave him an idea. Glancing toward the kitchen, Kughii waited for the right moment. As Liikyra turned back to her cooking, the sizzle of oil joining vegetables in flavor matrimony, Kughii prodded his meal through into the water.

“Be free,” He whispered; “Be free -- no, no! Go back under the house. UNDER the house. Gooood.”

“Did you say something?”

Kughii felt a spark rush up his spine, setting his bones into a jarring dance. “Uh, yeah... Just that it was good. Thanks for the meal!”

Liikyra shook her head and returned to her morning meal, adding a dash of crushed pepper for seasoning, as well as other spices from a rack above the brazier. The Toa cooked over the fire with the same intensity of that while she was fighting a battle for her life, entirely focused on the task at hand and completely, utterly stubborn. Thankfully, her previous attempts at the art, which she had started quite a while before Kughii had woken up, were somewhere at the bottom of the ocean. Something were better left in the depths, never to see the light of day again. Liikyra scowled at what she was cooking, something that could loosely be described as “food”, and even more vaguely be called “breakfast”.

Right, just add a few more spices to mask the flavor... No one ever minded if it was a bit more than crispy, right? Right? Momentarily, Liikyra turned, her own breakfast on a plate in her hands. She was smiling broadly, having vanquished the foe known as “cooking,” even if the monster of “edible” had eluded her still. She took a few bites... And that was pretty much it. Well, they would make some good incendiary projectiles... All those spices had to me flammable, right? The Toa of Earth glanced over at Kughii, who was looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Not a word,” Liikyra threatened, brandishing her makeshift combustible burnt rock at the end of her fork.

Kughii just smiled a cheshire grin and relaxed into the brocade pillows littering the floor as his roommate attempted to finish the rest of her mangled attempt at bacon. As he watched, Kughii remembered his life before Liikyra and their flat in the middle of Merchant's Row in Ga-Koro. He chuckled, remembering how bored he was. With Liikyra, there was always someone to pester and tease, someone to rely on and defend. Several minutes passed. Finally, Kughii asked; "Liikyra, why do you bother chewing? Can't you toa just absorb the energy from ducts in your palms? I heard that matoran and toa could do that sorta' thing..."

“Well, yeah,” Liikyra said between bites of something with the consistency of rusted nails, “but then I wouldn't be able to taste it, huh?”

Although, with how her bacon currently looked, taste probably wasn't of that much importance at the moment. Testament to her stubbornness, if nothing else. “Besides, I only do that if I'm in a rush, or I want to secretly suck the life out of someone without them realizing it,” She added, shrugging casually, before placing a hand on Kughii's arm. Her face was completely impassive, to the point where it was hard to actually tell if she was joking or not.

With a yelp, Kughii exploded to the far side of the room, his body perched against the furniture in an odd angle, leg placed on the wall while his hands remained glued to the floor. A small growl rippled from his throat.

“Don’t. You. Dare.”

An impish grin crossed over Liikyra's face, which was shortly replaced with a pout that was far too cute to be genuine.

“Aw... Just a hug?” She asked sweetly, batting her eyes before taking a slow, liquid step towards Kughii.

“I will NOT be sucked to a dry husk. Not by my roommate, no, thank you very much, but I’d prefer to stay alive a little longer in this lifetime,” Kughii said in a rush as he staggered about the room, a couch cushion his only defense against the hands every so often swiping at him.

Liikyra managed to keep the charade up for a few seconds longer, in which she took a few more steps closer to the pillow-protected Vortixx, before breaking out into a light, almost musical, laugh. She smiled broadly, almost collapsing on the floor completely as she held a hand out to steady herself.

“You should have... Seen your... Face...” She said between fits of light, sporadic giggles.

It was Kughii’s turn to pout. “That’s... Cheap,” He muttered. Tossing the pillow aside, Kughii let out another of his trade marked smiles and laid down giggling next to the toa of earth. He knew moments like these were rare and special. Soon enough Liikyra was going to retreat back into her protective shell of impassioned action and hide from the worries of the world while performing her duty as a toa. I wonder what caused her to be like that, Kughii wondered, a frown slowly creeping into his happiness.

Liikyra took a deep, long breath, managing to calm herself enough so that she could form coherent sentence without being interrupted by bouts of hysteria. Her smile remained, a rare expression to be seen for any length of time on the Toa's face, and didn't seem like it would disappear without good reason. Liikyra let the breath out as an even longer sigh, as she stared up at the ceiling above, lounging back on the floor, not quite focusing on anything in her field of vision in particular. After a moment of relative silence, Liikyra spoke up.

“You totally fell for that,” She said, her golden eyes still fixed above.

"I guess I did." Kughii slowly rolled on his side and stared into his roommate's eyes. He was a good two head's taller than her, even if he was short for his species. Kughii felt a tight pang in his chest as he gazed at her black kanohi. "What is it like to be a toa?"

IC:

Faori chuckled. "Don't panic, Toa. I know what I'm doing."

So saying, she unhooked the small anchor from its place in the stern of the Cowrie, and tossed it towards a small plant bobbing in the warm waters. The anchor landed dead in the middle of the plant's white flower, which began to rotate, slowly pulling the boat in towards it and decreasing its breakneck speed. When the pair had finally come to a halt, Faori leaped easily onto one of the platforms of Ga-Koro.

"Come along!" she told Xenin, and the two made their way into the centre of the Koro.

OOC: Faori and Xenin open for interaction!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

OOC: That's Vhohan and Zekev, yes.

IC: Iraanus barely glanced at the pair of Skakdi, turning instead to join Rhow behind the bar. A few minutes later, the rest of the Horde had emerged from whatever other rooms they'd been in. "Wasn't sure they'd stick around," Iraanus muttered to no one in particular. "Sort of hoped they wouldn't."

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Xenin jumped onto the platform and followed Faori into the plaza. The village was bustling with excitement, and he spotted Toa, Matoran, and other species he didn't even recognize. The Matoran's strut suggested that she owned the place, and he had to jog to catch up with her. Now the two's strides were parallel with each other, and Xenin's head turned cravingly in all directions as he marveled at the lively surroundings.

Edited by Toa Varen

IC:

From his position at the Bench's side, as court scribe, or whatever he was actually supposed to be called, Eutuchia stifled a yawn. He was rather quickly getting bored with the proceedings, but he had to maintain an impartial expression, just writing down everything that was said. After all, he wasn't allowed to speak, no matter how much he would love to.

"But after that I was mostly a supporting role," said the turaga, he wrote. Sadly enough, since the records had to be perfect, he wasn't allowed to drop in his own snarky comments.

He was looking forward to a long, long night.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now