BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"You would tease an old friend with your new, hot body just as a way of saying hello?" Tillian asked incredulously, turning to Skyra. The Gukko commander still had a huge, wicked smirk on her face and slowly Tillian smirked back and laughed along with her.

"I love it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: [ Krios ] - Ga-KoroThe male Vortixx's cold blue eyes snapped open. Instantly alert, greatly refreshed. It was fortunate indeed that he was one of those people who could get by on a mere hour or two of sleep in a twenty-four hour period, for a quick glance at the brilliant sun told him he couldn't have been out for more than forty-five minutes. In theory, at least. He knew little of reading time by the wilds, and besides that, the sunshine hurt his eyes.He twisted to his feet in a single smooth motion, hoisted his backpack to his shoulder. The marketplace was bustling, busy as ever, but few of those present were too occupied to give him strange sidelong glances. Not every day an unknown Vortixx crashed in the middle of an unoccupied trader's corner.He stretched with deliberate, panther-like enjoyment, rippling the muscles in his back and shoulders. Although not so strong as some, he was yet a well-built individual indeed, and rather proud of it.He turned, checking his reflection in the near-still waters of the sea. Even with the distortion caused by the slight waves, he looked... well, dusty. Travel-worn. Unprofessional. Like a tramp.He smiled faintly, ironically. Truth is truth, buddy. Ah, well... maybe there's a public bathhouse or something herabouts. Get cleaned up, scout the lay of the land.He passed through the marketplace, casting a few smiles at the assembled traders, pausing to feign interest in the wares. A good first impression was important. If the populace saw him as a friendly individual, there was every chance the illusion would linger, even after he cleaned out a few pockets... the game was afoot. The first move was his, and he played to win.But as he finally departed the central village platform, a paper notice tacked to a signboard caught his eye:

"DIVERS NEEDED- GOOD PAY, ADVENTURE, NAME YOUR REWARD-Marine Commander Daylaria"She posted these all around the Koro, in places where anyone would see. The divers were assembling, and it was going to be an epic dive.

And despite himself, Krios was intrigued. Where else would a dive be planned for, but the sunken village of Xa-Koro?Xa-Koro. My... homeland, if you will. 'Home' is a inaccurate term, however. Still... But no. I have business enough right here... although my first-hand knowledge would be certainly valuable to such a group. I am not a diver, but I can swim well enough... No, I should not sign on. It is foolish. Adventure is always dangerous. Or? Yes, I should join on. It is wise. Money is good.It was the promise of 'NAME YOUR REWARD' that made the choice. Turning on his heel, he questioned the nearest Ga-Matoran with an almost frightening intensity."Ma'am-- Who posted that notice? What does this 'Daylaria' look like?" Edited by Shadowhawk

OOC: Her being a Valkyr is kind of supposed to be kept hidden, but that was a really nice post and you probably didn't know, so I'll let it slide. :)

IC(Daylaria-City Square)

"H-H-Hello ma'am! I came here about the poster."

Daylaria could tell she was nervous, and placed a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her nerves. "Nice to meet you. So, you can swim or dive well?"

OOC: Alright retconned all the revealing info out of there. Won't be an issue.

IC: (Scylla)

"Of course I can! I may be a Vo-Matoran but I'm a Ga-Matoran in heart. Grew up here my entire life." Although neither of my parents or I were actually Ga-Matoran Ga-Koro was our home. Ga-Koro was my home and as I acclimated well, I swam well, I dived well, and to my mother's glee while she was alive I was an excellent Kohlii player (still am), it was perhaps the most telling thing about me. "So what's the dive about ma'am?"

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Shadd

"Ah, it's quite a sight. Nothing as grand and flashy as Ko or Ta-Koro, but beautiful in its own right. I don't visit there much though, and haven't in a while, so it's probably changed a lot since I've last seen it."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Kordan

Kordan heard a familiar cooing sound coming from up above. He lent out his arm to let Zahkton's bird land on it. His heart pounded but he made sure not show his emotions infront of his allies. Getting a message from this bird meant there was either really, really good news, or really, really bad news. Kordan guessed the latter.

He piced up the stone and read it:

Kordan, things went very wrong. No nearing danger to 'The Plan'. Revail current Position...-Zahk.

Kordan sighed deeply. "The latter then" he siad out loud. "Come on" he said "we're going on a trip to the jungle"

OOC: Kordan to Le-Wahi

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

OOC: What is it with all my characters ending up in the same place constantly? :P

IC Hile

(Ga-Koro):

"What the heck? Why, where are we going?" Hile asked. Kordan was already on his way though. Hile considered staying behind for a while, seeing as he might not even agree with Kordan's motives. However, he wanted to find out what he was up to, and if it was something bad, maybe even help stop him.

So he followed.

OOC: Hile to Le-Wahi.

Let's see... Viima, Hile, Tuli and Kavala are all in Le-Wahi. xD

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Eidolon

The latter then? The jungle? Interesting developments indeed.

He casually headed into a nearby shop however, and began to browse, but his ears were pricked firmly on the conversation of the group outside. As a Toa of sonics, this wasn't a particular strain. He deduced that the note had delivered some news, judging by the Skakdi's attitude, bad news, sufficiently bad to warrant immediate travel to Le-wahi. Eidolon only moved from one inn to the other, and often followed strangers, at a distance, just to find out what they were doing.

OOC: Eidolon to Le-wahi, but time skip of 10 minutes behind Kordan's group.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC: [ Krios ] - Ga-Koro marketplace/town squareThe Ga-Matoran shifted her weight uneasily, eyes wide. "Commander Daylaria? She's-- she's right over there, sir.""Thank you." returned Krios curtly, gaze flicking across the marketplace, following the Matoran's pointing finger.A Rau-masked, blue-armored female Toa [ Daylaria ], standing across the platform, engaged in conversation with a green-cloaked Vo-Matoran [ Scylla ]. His cold blue eyes, already narrowed, reduced instantly to ominous reptilian slits.Great Spirit, she's good-looking... and dangerous. Natural, I suppose, considering her profession.For a brief instant, he seriously considered adjusting his intentions. He'd learned long ago that little good came of beautiful, dangerous females; the very idea of one was enough to set the base of his skull buzzing warily. Looks were powerful; combined with intelligence and ambition, they were a force that he wasn't sure he was prepared to handle. Trouble he didn't want.Or maybe he was overreacting. The sun, the heat, the long journey... maybe they were getting to him, pickling his brain. For all he knew, the Vo-Matoran was the one to keep an eye on.He moved silently back through the marketplace towards the two, not trying to act casual, not trying to hide his presence. Melodramatic skulking was for amateurs, individuals with low self-confidence and little experience. Marine Commander Daylaria was not one to be fooled by appearances, that much was obvious.Their voices drifted towards him, only partially audible above the bustle and chatter."...may be a Vo-Matoran, but I'm ... Ga-Matoran in heart. Grew up ... my entire life ..."That was the Vo-Matoran. Krios listened, and then his sharp white teeth flashed in a brief smile as he caught the next phrase:"So what's the dive about, ma'am?"On the right track, Krios.OOC:Let us say that Krios is close enough to be easily noticed, but not quite close enough to actively engage in interaction. A casual bystander, at the moment.Also, what Kanohi does Scylla wear? Not sure I really want to dig through three pages of BZPRPG profiles to find out. :P

"Haha! Well, mostly females in any case. The gender ratio for Ga-Matoran is very different from most of the others for some reason. Ah, I think I can see the gates now!"

Sure enough, as they crested a hill, the gate to the Koro was just ahead, Naho bay spreading out wide ahead of them. It would be hard for Kirgan to see, though, with his Onu-Matoran vision and all that.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

[ilhamotho]

Ga-Koro was pretty nice. There was something refreshing about all of that water, how, despite the preparations for war, there was a timeless serenity to the city, like it could be bombed and destroyed and still...remain, somehow. Such thinking was dangerous, as such nostalgia had a way of leaving one unprepared but the feeling remained. A slight wind passed over the pool of water that Ambages had been glancing into. For the first time in a while, Ilhamotho felt at peace. He was no longer under Brykon's thumb, no longer bound to his army. He was free to move about. He felt his mouth tugged into a smile. Then he looked into the pool of water and the feeling dissipated.

His face. He looked old, or at least older than he remembered. Worry lined his eyes and two black circles rested comfortably under them. Red and puckered scars turned a once-handsome Vortixx into a miniature graveyard. He looked old and, even worse, he looked like a warrior. A man who had seen far too much and had somehow lived to tell about his sights. It was the face of a corpse.

His smile turned into a scowl. He was long past self-pity but regret still came at him like a thunderstorm. What would life be like if he had been a carpenter or a merchant, a man who built rather than torn down? He started walking, his feet taking him down leafy walkways without regard for direction. He would find his way back, retrace his steps. However, he could not retrace his steps into the past, could not go back and change his decisions, could not go back and unkill those people. His new-found freedom was limited. He was trapped by Ambages, the army he was supposed to command, and ultimately by...

He found himself at a hut slightly larger than the rest. It was still leafy, green...but this one had a certain majesty and wisdom about it. He remembered hearing briefly about the mass assassination of the Turaga and wondered if this was the former Turaga Nokama's hut before she had been brutally murdered. It was sad that it was empty, but Ilhamotho supposed that the Akiri taking up residency in their old hut would have been a little...presumptuous. Instead, it stood as a memorial to lessons learned: "never again."

Ilhamotho moved in towards the hut. Looked untouched, strangely. Almost like someone lived here still. Ilhamotho imagined, for a brief moment, the Turaga leaving to carry out her duties, leaving her house like she would be returning. Then she died. A brief lesson in the history of morality. Sighing, the Vortixx grabbed a chair and sat down for a moment, listening to the sound of the waves lapping against the lily pads.

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Arias"About done.. Just appling the finishing touches. Wanna test it?"

IC: Voutok"Well sure, might as well. It's not like anything important is going on right now that I need to get to immediately." Voutok stepped inside the shop.

IC: Arias

"Here you go" Man, I hope that it still works...

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

IC:

Ilhamotho's eyes opened as he heard a soft thud from the door. He looked to see what had made the sound and saw a figure standing in the doorway, silhouetted against the light falling in from the outside. A female Toa of water, casually holding a plain staff in her left.

"It is a rather peaceful place, isn't it?" Leah asked, stepping inside. She was cautious, but her tone was friendly. Her earlier meditations had helped to calm her down, though the question she struggled with still remained. In a way, she was now thankful for the distraction.

"Even if it looks empty, it has not been abandoned."

She had quietly made her way back to the front of the hut as soon as she'd heard the door being opened. Usually this didn't happen, since the Ga-Matoran respected the late Nokama's hut greatly, but sometimes a curious stranger would show up. After all, the place was unguarded. There was nothing of value left inside that could be stolen. It served more as a memorial these days, with only the furniture and a few of Nokama's personal effects remaining, that had been left there in her honour. Everything else, the tablets, the documents, hand been moved by Hahli. What was left had more spiritual than material worth.

The Vortixx looked slightly surprised, but since he wasn't jumping up or reaching for a weapon, the Toa Maru slid her staff back into the sheath on her back. "You look like you've been traveling a long ways; definitely more than just the journey to Ga-Koro. What brings you here?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: VoutokArias handed Voutok his now repaired bladed disc. After taking it and giving it a few swings and light vertical tosses, Voutok could feel the minor weight changes simply due to the nature of the repairs. Other than that, the blades were replaced with fresh, sharp ones and most importantly, Voutok had his weapon back."Thank you. It feels good knowing this thing wasn't demolished by the plasma. Here, take this for your troubles." Voutok pulled a bag of widgets out of his satchel and depositied about 20 of them into Arias' hand. "I insist. Now then, farewell."Without waiting for a response, Voutok quickly left the store and made his way towards Marines HQ, passively intent on heading to the barracks while simultaneously dreading the inevitable "dreams" that plague his sleep. On his way up, he found an excuse to stay awake: a newly-placed poster.

"DIVERS NEEDED- GOOD PAY, ADVENTURE, NAME YOUR REWARD -Marine Commander Daylaria"

Voutok immediately turned heel and made his way around HQ, looking for the commander. "Anything to avoid another wave of those dreams, at least for a time." he thought to himself.[OOC: Soooo...where is Commander Daylaria, again?]

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC: Arias

Good Payment. Now then, I wonder what is happening around the town...

OOC: Open for Interaction.

IC: Kitane

The Seeing Stone still won't #### work. *sigh*. Well, I suppose there must be some kind of an odd job I can do for money..

"DIVERS NEEDED- GOOD PAY, ADVENTURE, NAME YOUR REWARD-Marine Commander Daylaria"

Wait. Name Your Reward?? Adventure?? Hmmm...

What the karz, I'll do it. Maybe they'll need a smart person.

Edited by The Lonesome Wanderer

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

IC:

[ilhamotho]

Surprise did not translate to Ilhamotho's face, though his hand did grip his spear a bit tighter. It was, as always, held at a slight angle from the rest of his body. His eyes regarded the new arrival warily but he did not move to strike. Reckless violence usually resulted in needless inconvenience. Also...it had been a long time since he had been out. Perhaps this was an opportunity, to seek answers that Ambages would not give him.

"Peace...yes...I suppose the place is peaceful." He coughed. "I have indeed traveled far. But I'm used to it. I haven't called any place my home in a long, long time and the ache of loss is, more or less, gone. As to what brings me here...peace, I guess. The quest for it. Instead, all I found was graves. As per usual" He shook his head and chuckled. "Now I'm just rambling."

Not all lies, but mostly half-truths. The peaceful part was true but the part about home? He wasn't used to it. Home still dug into his side. But that was life and he was long past self-pity. Now for a true lie.

"My name is Stighar." He reached out his hand, his face betraying nothing. "Who are you, to also seek refuge in the haunts of the dead?"

"...is semantics."
"Dies, died, will die."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"My name is Stighar. Who are you, to also seek refuge in the haunts of the dead?"

Leah took the offered hand , shook it firmly, but held the contact a second longer than was common. The reason she didn't let go right away was the shifting of the Vortixx's aura when he told her the name. Of course, he didn't know that.

"No it's not." she said, still looking at him friendly.

"And I do not seek refuge. I guard this place, this village and the island beyond its borders."

IC:

[ilhamotho]

The Vortixx was slightly caught off guard. "What's not what now? I'm a pretty simple person, gonna have to speak slower for me." Did she know that he was using a false name? Or rather, that he was using a name that he had called himself when he had fought in a civil war a long ways away a long time ago? Surely he hadn't heard of his current incarnation. Unlike before, he had not cultivated a reputation. By the by, he had kept to himself.

He shook his head. No, there was no way that she could know about him. She didn't seem the type to run in the circles that would know about him.

Looking at her further, he started to make some tentative conclusions.He could put two and two together; there was a high likelihood of her being one of those Toa Maru that he had heard talked about in the camp. He had never seen that mask before and if she claimed to be the guardian of the area...well, that pointed towards a Maru. All the more reason to tread carefully.

"Sounds like a big jurisdiction, miss guardian," he gave a grin which he dared to hope was winning. "Surely you have some sort of name." His grip on his spear tightened once again.

"...is semantics."
"Dies, died, will die."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Skyra

"I do too." I said cheekily as I rested my head on Tillian's chest. I heard a small growl and I turned my head to see a little bear cub, clawing away at one of the walls of our sand castle.

"Hmm...hope he doesn't bring the castle down on us."

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Arktizai

The Toa of Ice pondered his potential courses of action. Indeed, if he went to Le-Wahi he might have a chance, however, brief, to confront Korden; Ga-Wahi seemed to be filled with prying eyes.

"Alright. Let's go."

OOC: Arktizai to Le-Wahi

Edited by Infrared

IC(Daylaria-Town Square)

"Hmm..." she appeared thoughtful, "I could definitely use that athleticism! It sounds like you're practically as much of a Ga-Koroan as the rest of us, too, so I'd be happy to have you with us. As for what we're doing...well, we're diving into the ruins of the Kumu Islets. We figure there's a lot to be discovered and catalogued down there, and may even some spoils to bring back to Ga-Koro."

The Valkyr was about to ask Scylla what she wanted as payment, when she noticed someone blatantly watching. He wasn't making any attempt at disguising his interest, and Day could practically feel his eyes beating down on her and Scylla. She looked straight back at him for a moment before saying anything. "Hey there! Are you interested in the dive?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC Kirgan

(Ga-Koro):

Kirgan was surprised to find Ga-Koro as beautiful as he did. Even with the sun hindering his eyesight, he could see platforms and huts made of seaweed, the large Kaukau waterfall, the golden beach... a surprisingly fortified one.

After gawking at the sight for a while, Kirgan found his voice again.

"Amazing", he said. "We have nothing like this in Onu-Koro... so incredible."

IC:

"Naaaaah, I don't think he's about that life."

Just in case, Tillian whistled loudly and the bear cub came bounding over to him, licking his face and putting its paw in the surfer's hand excitedly. After a second it looked up at Skyra and its face turned stoic, staring deep into the Toa of Air's soul before growling once out of the corner of its mouth.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC.

She could almost see the gears turning behind the eyes of her unexpected visitor, despite the grin.

"Yes, it is a big responsibility." the Toa of water said, noticing the Vortixx's posture stiffening. "And my name is Leah."

She chuckled. "Which brings us back to you. Stighar. It is not your real name. Which begs the question who you really are and what you are here for."

The Toa of water still maintained her friendly tone. After all, a fake name could have any number of reasons.

[OOC: Oh there she is.]IC: VoutokAfter not having luck at seeking Commander Daylaria, Voutok went to the reception desk and asked the Ga-Matoran behind the counter. "Excuse me, ma'am." he began, "Do you know where Commander Daylaria is at the moment?""Last I saw her, she left HQ, I assume to put up all those posters of hers." she nodded towards another of the posters on the back wall."Ok, thanks." Voutok turned and walked outside the Marine HQ, intent on seeking out the Commander. Upon tracking her until he found her in Ga-Koro Square, Voutok already saw two individuals in her vicinity, she was talking to one of them (the furthest war), So Voutok decided to wait for the inevitable conversation to finish. He took a spot against a seaweed hut and turned the dial on his headset down to "2" in order to keep tabs on the conversation. He assumed she was simply recruiting for the trip, but one can't be too careful.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

IC: [ Krios ] - Ga-Koro marketplace/town squareKrios met the Marine Commander's gaze squarely, and although he betrayed no outward emotion, he felt his unease return. There was a startling depth in those brilliant green eyes, a depth that hinted at... what?Whatever it was, it was hidden well. But there was no going back now; he was in this to the finish."I am certainly interested in the proposed diving expedition, Commander Daylaria." he confirmed, smiling faintly, making a slight bow to both of the females. "But I had no intentions of interrupting your conversation. Please, carry on; I can wait."

"Well, that's to be expected of mining, I suppose. Not much to see down there, unless you run into any..." he grinned, "ruins."

The guards stopped them as they drew near. The Ko-Matoran handed one his credentials. "We're looking to go diving around here."

The Ga-Matoran guard's eyebrows rose, "Well what a coincidence, Toa Daylaria is setting up a diving team to go exploring the ruins of the Kumu Islets today."

Her eyebrows were nothing compared to how high Shadd's shot up. "Saywhatnow? Who's Daylaria, how do I recognize her, and how do I sign up?"

"Daylaria's one of the Commanders of the Marines. Ask around to find her. When you see the most stunning Toa you've ever imagined, that's her." He voice had a little trace of envy to it that wasn't lost on Shadd. "As for how to sign up, ask her when you find her."

They opened that gate, and with an enthusiastic glance at Kirgan, Shadd trudged dutifully in.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

[ilhamotho]

In that brief moment, Ilhamotho wondered if he'd be able to kill this Toa, Toa Leah, more than likely(but still unconfirmed) Toa Leah Maru, protector of the island, destroyer of the Makuta. Would he be able to move quick enough, stick a few crossbow bolts into her chest or smash her head in before she could retaliate? Or would he end up dead, a bloated corpse of fish food, left to sink and rot until he returned to the dust from which he came? It would be about a fifty-fifty shot, but he'd have to strike now before she became too alert. She didn't trust him, but she wasn't combat-ready, not yet, hopefully not ever if he fired off the bolts quickly enough...

but then what?

Instead, he leaned back on the chair, seemingly nonchalant. "Fine. Okay. Stighar is not my name but knowing my real name would not likely help you any. And if it did(especially if it did), we would both be worse off for it."

The truth was simple and complicated: Ilhamotho was not his real name. Stighar was not his real name. He did not, as far as he know, have a real name. His mother had not seen fit to give him one. He had not taken a name besides "the boy" until he had first killed. Standing over that body, knife ready in his hand, his partner had looked up with a sort of awe and told him about his eyes, how they glinted with the blood of his former opponent. Redeye.

But was that truly his name? No. Not anymore. He had given that up a long time ago. It was why he changed his name everywhere he went, creating a new identity for himself at the drop of a hat. That was his life. That was his purpose. That was the only way, as far as he knew.

"I am here, as I have told you, to relax. If you mean why am I here in Ga-Koro, the fact of the matter is that I'm here on business, working for my employer who has seen fit to give time off. I started wandering, letting my feet do the thinking, even I wandered in here. Figured it was a memorial, not a dwelling place and well...here I am, the subject of a most harsh interrogation."

"Why not simply call me Stighar? It will be simpler for both of us. Sometimes an easy lie is better to swallow then a pointlessly hard truth." He shrugged his shoulders.

"...is semantics."
"Dies, died, will die."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Kirgan & Kaunis

(Ga-Koro):

"Another diving team?" Kirgan was surprised. "Although this is Ga-Koro so it's probably not that -"

Kirgan paused suddenly. The beautiful sound of a flute disrupted the noices of the crowd. At the side of the marketplace, a pretty Ga-Matoran with a Hau was performing with her flute. The way she controlled the sound was astonishing and the melody touched the heartlight of everyone present.

IC-Destian:

"A home, and for you to cut the **** and tell us exactly what your plan is, how you're going to bring it to fruition, etc. etc.," Destian replied.

IC: Vhohan

"My plan has several steps. The first is to recruit more Skakdi into the League. We can't do anything without numbers. Then, we kill some of the famous Toa of this island. Make ourselves known. Make the Toa fear us. Next, we make a place for the Skakdi, and solely for Skakdi. We may create a village on the slopes of Mount Ihu. We may take over Pala-Koro. Where we go I haven't decided."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: If I've missed your post and I don't respond, don't feel too bad, because I have a lot to respond to. I still love you.
IC(Daylaria-Town Square)
For a second, Daylaria zoned out of the conversation. An avatar of herself appeared inside her head, collapsing back on a comfortable-looking sofa. "Because, tradition," she said bouyantly, "you're technically a Valkyr now that your soul inhabits the mind of one. I couldn't exactly have him take over should I become emotionally compromised. She gestured to a Toa sitting in a simpler chair, head rested on his hands. "Tell me why I ever agreed to this," he said to Daylaria. The Valkyr smiled pleasantly, "because, Kyron, I can help you find your brother, remember?" The Toa simply frowned and dissipated into darkness. "And all Valkyr must choose a real name. You may refer to me as Almanacia, in fact. Oh, I have to go. One last thing- I am unfortunately plagued my the spirits of a Dark Valkyr. This may or may not affect you in a bad way, bye!" She snapped, and the avatar disappeared. However, from the darkness came forth a vast library, the likes of which had never been seen on Mata Nui. It was filled with Daylaria's knowledge, from her darkest secrets to her childhood memories. Celine would never run out of things to read, as the library grew every day. Such was the mind of a Marine, after all.
Back on the outside, Krios had just responded. Daylaria nodded to his words, a polite smile appearing in her face. "Come on, join in the conversation. I'm going to need as large a team as I can get." She beckoned. Just as he came forward, another, quiet-voiced entity spoke. She could hear him clear, with the sharp senses she had, but to any else he must've been whispering. "Hey there! What do you have to offer? At the very least, you could do manual labor on the ship." The reason she was hiring like this was because it wasn't important enough to drag a Marine force into. The Koro needed its soldiers to defend home plate, especially when a batter could run in on any fly ball.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Voutok"Well then" Voutok thought to himself, listening and observing the conversations. Voutok could tell Daylaria was either one karz of a multitasker or was "zoning out" in her mind, skimming what was said to her for all the important info. He couldn't blame her, of course. It's what he would do...granted, when he zones out it's a lot less pleasant, but the point still stood. Voutok figured he'd make his appearance more overt, placing himself just inside her line of sight, making slight geastures to her indicating he'd like a word with her when she finished speaking with the three individuals.

"Wrong."

IC:

Leah raised one eyebrow, watching the Vortixx with a cooling smile. She could practically feel the tension building up inside the room and the sudden shift of her vistor's aura was not lost on her. A flash of red that faded into a continuously pulsing orange and violet. The Toa Maru started to plan accordingly. She could feel the water beneath her feet, just separated by a few inches of wood and plant-matter. She had not expected the encounter to develop in this direction, not accusing the Vortixx reclining in the chair before her of more than being from out of town and not knowing the late Turaga's hut was still watched. She had just been curious before. But now, the Vortixx had her attention.

His story of how he got in the hut checked out, but she still found it rather vague. It was true, to a certain degree, but it wasn't the full truth. He was clever with his words, maneuvering carefully like a captain steering a ship through shallow waters. An admirable skill, but nothing that helped him gain any more credibility. She felt a tingle run down her spine. Those were always bad news. At the same time, the situation could probably be salvaged. She was not going to start a fight unless the Vortixx forced her to take action. But she was not going to just let him walk out either, better off for it or not.

"I don't settle for easy lies, Stighar, if that's what you want to be called." she replied, calmly. "And if you think this is a harsh interrogation already, I wonder how well your employer pays you to keep you from divulging even the smallest bit of information about yourself. It would seem, this business-trip of yours is dealing with delicate information, at least, delicate enough that he doesn't want anybody not on a need-to-know basis making connections."

"Which raises the question of how official a business-trip we are talking about here. It can't be too shady, since you are here. Somebody well-armed like you, left to stroll around at his leisure - that seems like a business-trip that requires travel-protection, but no muscle to force an agreement. So, either the deal is harmless - which I doubt, considering how well you and I are getting along - or it's a deal which is delicate but where protection is not an issue or already a given."

"I'm guessing...it's something involving the Akiri."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

IC:

[ilhamotho]

Now he was mad. Not because he was being interrogated, no, that didn't bother him much, but there were few things that made his angrier than presumptions about his life. Sure, he regretted his past but other people were not him and could not and would not be privy to those choices. No one judged him, certainly if those judgments were inaccurate in the extreme.

"Easy lies are better than harsh ones, Leah." he spat. He suddenly moved forward, his eyes intense. "So let's get a few things straight. First, I am not a criminal. The reason I keep my name to myself is for personal reasons, not professional. Not everyone can afford to broadcast their name around town. Names have power and I'm not one to give up power lightly."

For the first time, Leah noted Ilhamotho's mechanical arm, a shining finger holding up two fingers boldly in the confines of the hut. "Second, I do not know what this trip entails. I don't know why I'm here or why my employer is here. My job was for one reason: protection on the Dark Walk." No reason not to say that. Seems plenty reasonable.

His eyes were calmer now, but his body refused to relax. "Third, I do not know what my employer is doing currently. Your guess is as good as mine." Truth. I have guesses but nothing definite. "Four, I keep my weapon around with me because that's just the sort of person I am...and given the current political climate, that might not be a bad idea for you, Toa Maru."

He put his mechanical hand down and felt three arrows move into the locking chamber. Just in case. "Is that all the questions you have for me? Am I free to go?" His face was mixture of amusement and red-faced anger.

"...is semantics."
"Dies, died, will die."

BZPRPG Profiles