BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC-Mila:

"Everybody finds different ways to unlock their power," Mila said, jumping in. "Some derive it from their emotions, others simply channel it through them, others still require weapons to use theirs. It all depends on the person." He shrugged.

"Anyways, I don't normally have reason to fight."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

Noira glanced at the Toa who recently arrived, feeling uncomfortable with his presence, and how to address this stranger. She felt her face start to heat up as she turned back to Akira, and tried to pretend that the stranger wasn't there.

"Perhaps I should learn to use my powers then," Noira said to Akira, suddenly curious about what she herself was capable of, "All Toa should know how to use their power, correct?"

IC: Komae

"Well, I suppose it would be awfully rude of us to just assume that we can set up shop wherever without asking the slightest permission. Come on, let's at least go ask." He turned and walked off towards to Akiri's hut, stopping for a moment to glance up at it. The structure was maybe a little larger than the average hut, but by and large it looked the same as any other. That's good, he thought. I wonder if the Akiri here... Hahli, wasn't it? If she's a down-to-earth type. Passing through the inn he'd overheard a pair talking about some recent village trial that had ended with the death penalty being handed down, and he frowned just the slightest. If she was the one in charge of that, that could be a good sign or a very bad one.

He shook his head. Akiri would do what Akiri would do; he was just here to get permission to get down to business. He walked up and knocked awkwardly on the door. "Hello? Anyone around?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:

Noticing her discomfort, Akira smacked herself. "Silly me, where are my manners. These would be my recruits. Vorlik, Fiera, Xarya, Erif, Noira." she said, pointing to each, "And this is Mila. He is the one who helped me. As per toa and their powers, they definitely should know them. Should they use them? Centuries ago I would have said yes, but in this place, some toa oughta be strapped to chairs and beaten with hammers for what they did." she said in disgusted tone.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC:

"A pleasure to meet you Mister Mila," Noira said, making a small curtsy directed at the Toa. At least she knew his name now, although it did not completely alleviate the discomfort she felt.

"I must agree. A good deal of my former masters and traders were Toa. Almost all of them believed in using their powers to force me and other slaves to obey them."

Noira had thought this over for several seconds before speaking and her hands firmly clenched into fists, while Noira herself stood almost perfectly straight, almost looking at attention while she spoke.

OOC:Typing this on my phone, so no colorings.Nohiki, I don't think you saw my post in the discussion- for the next week you have control of Vorlik. His strategy is mostly going to zapping Fiera until she activates her Hau.IC: VorlikVorlik thrust his spear forward and started pumping electicity through it, trying to use his rudimentary skill over electromagnetism to attract the knife. Instead, it went flying to the side. Vorlik then raised his staff, which was crackling with lightning, and aimed it at Fiera.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC-Mila:

"Fair enough," the blacksmith replied, shrugging. "I doubted you would, but figured it would be smart to check." He turned, looking at the battle going on, and frowned slightly at what he watched.

"Is he trying to act like one of those cliche wizards out of a children's book?" the smith asked, turning back to Akira and Noira. "Few enough Matoran or young Skakdi like them as it is, without a newbie Toa trying to emulate the look."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Litozen"Let's split up for now." Litozen said, seemingly out of the blue as they came across an Inn. "Book a place or whatever, but I've got some things I want to check out. This is my first time here, after all." The thought had come to mind that he could possibly get the village guards to assist them if push comes to shove, though it would be unlikely they'd get any help if they were just suddenly attacked. He gave a quick nod to Syvra before starting to walk off, but then abruptly stopped when he realised the problem with his plan. He turned back and gave a curious look, "How should we keep in contact?"

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

IC: Syvra

Syvra nodded

"I am going to head back to Le-Koro. I know that if i am attacked there i have the upperhand, for i am surrounded by my element."

Are you sure this is a good idea?

Yes Venixa. Trust me i know what i am saying.

If you say so.

Although i am going to make a stop in Ko-Koro. Perhaps i may be able to find an old ally there.

Interesting.

He stopped when he heard Litozen's question

"Perhaps we can stay in contact via messenger gukko"

He placed a hand on Litozen's shoulder and gave it a firm grasp

"Take care Litozen."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Vorlik, Akira, Fiera

"He's assuming her mask is a Hau, I think. As good approach as any, although I have to admit his fighting style is... different." Akira said, unable to find the exact word to describe Vorlik's technique. However her attention was quickly drawn back to the ring.

I was on the verge of collapse. My anger left me as easily as Vorlik deflected the thrown knife. I had nothing left, but i'd be ###### before I surrendered. I knocked Vorlik's pike out of the way, receiving another jolt on the hit, but at least it bumped off of my arm soon enough. He jumped away again before I could reach him. I could already see darkness crawling to the edges of my vision. I willed it away. Sheer determination keeping me up, I straightened and just let Vorlik hit, unable to do anything against it. But I will not fall. I will not allow it. And just as the bolt was about to hit me, it forked and went up and around, my vision going red. At first I thought a vein finally ruptured somewhere in my head and I was imagining things. But then I realized the glow was coming out of my mask. "Is..." I started, panting, "Is that it?" I managed to ask. "That it is. You did well." I heard Akira's aprooving voice behind me. I nodded in relief as darkness claimed me and I fell, feeling the Ga-Toa catch my fall before losing track of the world.

Akira healed Fiera's numerous burns, but it was apparent she would be out of it for a while. "Well, one mask unlocked." the paladin said, laying the Ta-Toa to rest in a shade, "How about there?" she said, looking over to where Erif and Xarya were.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC:

With a loud and nervous clatter, another pot of tea was laid out before him; no words were passed along with it. The man gave it only the briefest of glances -- which was far more attention than he gave the poor waiter who had delivered it -- before returning his gaze to the book casually propped open in his hands. He didn't even notice the young boy scurry away immediately afterwards, with his heart furiously pumping fear through his body instead of blood. In fact, the man in the black overcoat seemed to have stopped noticing anything altogether.

Because my notice of the world is irrelevant, he remarked, Only my actions matter. They decide my fate.

My thoughts, my dreams -- they are abstract, unspoken, impotent. The world moves regardless of them.

Only how I act on them matters -- only then can they have any affect.

The man smiled slightly at this pronouncement; he had learnt that philosophy many years ago, and had carried it with him ever since. In his heart, he knew that it was a lesson that the world desperately needed to learn. And in his heart, the man knew that he was Teacher they needed to learn it from.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC

The sound of splashing water pulled Teacher's attention from his book. He looked up to see an Onu-Matoran seated across from him, pouring herself a cup of tea.

From his teapot.

Wearing simple black armour and what looked like a purple Hau, the most notable thing about her was that she was particularly nondescript. Her face was ordinary, and her body, while undeniably female, was also undeniably average. As she sipped from her steaming cup, she looked up and met Teacher's gaze, revealing green eyes. Not piercing green eyes, nor breathtaking green eyes: just green eyes.

As was usual with Onu-Matoran.

"Good morning," she said, her lips curving into a friendly half-smile as she placed her cup down and picked up the pot. "Care for some tea?"

IC:
The path to the ruins of Tillian's former home, a home away from home to anyone who ever stepped inside, was one full of memories. Memories good and bad, memories that brought joy, and memories that brought sadness. There was the spot that the Po-Koro Guard landed, just before Tillian's wedding, and the path they took to reach the festivities. There was the alley that he and Haru had moved through so quickly, so desperately, to get their friend to the hospital. So many conflicting emotions filled the region, for each memory of pure glee, one of utter despair was there to match it.
The De-Toa could see that something had changed the moment he rounded the corner, when he was still a long way off. He could see the ground covered in flowers, each one matching a different portion of Emotia's armor in color. He paused for a moment, as the comparison leaped to mind. It was odd; that wasn't the connection he would normally have drawn, but at the same time, it was true. Each one was a living tribute to the Toa that had lived there, a Toa ripped from the world too soon.
He had still been in Po-Koro when he heard the reports. Nothing official, no, there was no notice for that. It had been an accident that he knew. A sailor mentioned that Tillian's home had burned to the ground. He hadn't heard the rest of the conversation, but it hadn't mattered. The same day, he'd written to the Marines to try and find the truth.
When it arrived, he immediately wished that he hadn't. Emotia had been confirmed dead by one of the Arete, perished in the same fire that destroyed her home. That was the same night that he'd ventured into Po-Koro alone for the first time in weeks. He could tell that Hari hadn't understood when he said that he needed to get out for a while, that she couldn't understand why he wanted to be alone. And when his initial shock and grief faded, he'd felt guilty. Even he could see that she'd been hurt, hurt because he wanted to be alone and he wouldn't tell her why. She'd never asked, and he'd never explained, and he knew that he should have.
He'd tried to get in contact with Tillian next, but to no avail. Naona was unable to track him down either, it was as if he had vanished from the face of the island. Weeks of quiet grief passed, not a single one of them able to leave the village long enough to go to the Village of Water. Things had been busy, far too busy, for that. It had taken them all too long to find the time to pay their respects. They should have found the time right away, they should have made the journey as soon as they found out, and Hewkii's reforms be . But they hadn't. They'd waited.
As he grew closer, he could make out the figures in the distance. An unfamiliar Le-Toa speaking with another of the same, a familiar Ba-Toa and Po-Toa huddled in the ruins of what had been their home. As he grew even nearer, he could see a third Le-Toa resting against Tillian, and-
In the Gukko Force's basic training, significant emphasis had been placed on honing the reflexes. A single second, they said, could be the difference between success and defeat. Recruits entered the training with abilities ranging from decent, to stellar, but all left faster than they entered. The officers in charge would time their reactions, urging the recruits to beat their previous times. The last time that he was there, Krayn had taken roughly a second to transition from a walk to a run, and two to change to a full sprint.
He didn't know how long it took him this time, but if his trainer had been there, it almost certainly would have been twice as fast. His coat fanned out behind him, his pack beating against his pack with every step as he moved forward with the utmost speed, but he paid it little attention. The unfamiliar Le-Toa, a doctor, by the look of her, noticed him first. Her eyes went wide, and she stepped into his path, opening her mouth to speak, but she stopped short.
Krayn was no longer in front of her. The instant she'd moved, so had he. And he was faster. A single push with his right foot had sent him towards the side, flying diagonally past her at speeds rarely reached by the unaided Toa. The low barrier of what used to be the home's outer wall was vaulted in an instant, no attention paid to the opening to the left, and there was a quiet impact as he tossed his pack aside, and slid to a stop.
Tillian jumped, a quiet curse flowing from his mouth as the De-Toa appeared, but no attention was paid to him, either. Without waiting for his breath to return, Krayn brought two fingers of his left hand to the side of the unmoving Ve-Toa's throat, while the first two fingers of his right went to her wrist. Her pulse was present, if a little slower than normal. Without a word, her swiveled his head, ear a few inches above her chest as he listened intently. Yes, she was breathing, and at a steady rate.
"There's nothing wrong with her, Krayn. Not really."
The voice sounded from behind him, and hesitantly, he turned to face it. It was the doctor, but she wasn't so unfamiliar anymore. He couldn't quite place it, but he knew her. "She's fine. Just tired, The flowers were her doing, and in all honesty, she used a bit too much of her element making them. But she's fine. She'll wake up as soon as she's properly rested."
After a long moment that consisted entirely of a silent staredown between the two, Krayn relaxed slightly, though one wouldn't know it to look at him. Remaining silent, he sank into a sitting position next to his pack, just a yard or so from where Hari rested. For several minutes, he remained that way, simply sitting, a silent sentinel against any threat, perceived or real. But finally, he reached for something attached to his backpack.
He didn't know how long she'd been comatose, and he dared not ask. But it was irrelevant to the true mistake, the true failing; he hadn't been there. He hadn't been there when she found out about the death of her friend, he hadn't been there when in her grief she used too much of her power. And where had he been?
He'd been in Le-Koro, of all places. While the people he cared about where gathered to grieve and reunite, he had been elsewhere. He had been in Le-Koro, subjected to another round of verbal abuse. He'd been in the place where no one cared, where he didn't matter. When he needed to be here, he was in the polar opposite location. When he should have been with the people who mattered, he was with the people who didn't give half a Mahi dung. And that was a horrible thing.
His hand closed around what he sought, pulling it back to him. A battered, old instrument rested across his lap. It had clearly seen better days, its finish was worn and faded, the varnish of its neck long since worn away by countless uses. The guitar had been one of the things that he had stopped home for, one of the things he brought with him. Like so many other things, it had been neglected for far, far too long.
When his hands began to move, the sound was unheard by those around him. His problems, his past, his being.... He could understand it now. He could understand his mistakes, what he should have done, and when he should have done it. But he wasn't ready to share that understanding just yet. Not with them, at least. There was only one person that could hear, though in her state, it was hard to be certain if she could hear anything.
"All this feels strange and untrue.
And I won't waste a minute without you."
I've wasted far too many of them already.
"My bones ache, my skin feels cold
And I'm getting so tired and so old."
"The anger swells in my guts.
And I won't feel these slices and these cuts.
I want so much to open your eyes.
Because I need you to look into mine."
There was too much that he'd never explained, never tried to explain. Things he should have told her, things that, left unknown, kept her away. Kept her from understanding why he acted as he did, why he'd sometimes revert to a perfect stranger. A distant, reserved spirit hiding behind the guise of someone she knew. So many things that he'd been too cautious to say, so many things that he should have said.
So many mistakes. They needed to be fixed.
"Tell me that you'll open your eyes.
Tell me that you'll open your eyes.
Tell me that you'll open your eyes.
Tell me that you'll open your eyes...."
OOC:
First of all, song wasn't made up by me. I'm not nearly talented for that. That would be the Snow Patrol's "Open Your Eyes", recommended by a Mask we all know, who made the unfortunate mistake of providing a song that acted as a roadmap for this post. Sorry buddy. :P
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, I apologize for any overdoses of cheesiness or sentimentality brought on by this.Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtAGQTKC89Q

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Teacher didn't respond immediately, choosing instead to watch the newcomer with cool detachment. His form was unmoving, as if he had transformed from a living being to a granite statue in the time it took for him to glance upwards.

Seconds passed. And then--

"Of course," the Lesterin replied, a rather crisp geniality blossoming in his features as he gently nudged his cup across the table. "And what a good morning it is, my dear girl -- especially for our breed."

His smile turned wolfish for a moment, and then wry.

"You are a conversationalist as well, I trust?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC

"But of course," she purred in reply, filling Teacher's cup to the brim with steaming tea. "What good is a tea without some good conversation to wash it down?"

She gently pushed the cup back across the table to her companion before picking up her own. Blowing on the scalding liquid to cool it, she took a sip, her eyes briefly flickering to the view of ocean, its blue waves gently lapping against the floating village, and retreating, unimpeded, to the horizon.

"I do love it here in Ga-Koro," she said, setting her cup down. "So beautiful. Of course, this is my first time here in many years. I wish there were someone to tell me everything that's changed, help get me reacquainted with the village.

IC:

He carefully swapped the book in his hand for his cup, then blew across the tea's surface to cool it down. Taking a rather indulgent sip, Teacher raised an eyebrow at his companion's statement, but otherwise remained impassive.

"Hmm... I, myself, have only just arrived in the Koro," he remarked, his gaze resting just beyond the Onu-Matoran, on the Le-Toa waiter doing his best to give their table a wide berth. "And I have already found their job market... rather lacking in areas where fish are not involved."

Another sip; another smile.

"How unfortunate; this village seems to pose problems for both of us, doesn't it?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Hmm, the Marines," Teacher muttered, blowing a little more steam from his cup. "You flatter me, my dear, and I must admit that such a job sounds very promising..."

Taking another sip of his tea, he continued, "The work doesn't worry me -- I have never been one for sloth, personally. It is simply my earnings which concerns me..."

"What would you consider fair wages, miss?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC

"I've always believed that one's wages should reflect one's work," she replied brightly. "By commission, if you will."

The sound of footsteps signalled the approach of the nervous waiter, who deposited a plate of scones on the table. The Matoran thanked him, but he retreated just as quickly: evidently, Teacher had made a permanent bad impression.

Picking up a scone, the Matoran began to butter it, her knife flashing in the sunlight.

"For instance, if one is lazy and only bothers to remember their next shift, then they're of hardly any use. But if one were to memorize the schedule, and know when his comrades work as well, then he would deserve more.

"Don't you agree?"

IC: NPC Le-Koro Wind-rider"Thank you for your hospitality, I do very much so appreciate it. I must however stress the importance that the Akiri Hahli send word back directly to myself after look-reading my letter over."The letter read:

:0: :2:

Akiri Hahli of Ga-Koro,

I am writing to you in hopes that you would wish to hold counsel with our fellow Akiri. It has been on my mind and more-so my heart ever since each of our Turaga were stolen away from us by our enemy and we each came to be leaders of our people that we six have unresolved issues. In that sense, I wish to discuss where we stand and what we wish to change about it if possible.

Among that, there is much more I am sure the others would love to discuss so please, think about what you would like to speak about beforehand. It would be much appreciated.

A similar letter is being written to each of the other five Akiri of Mata-Nui. I propose we meet in a neutral ground; The Kini-Nui. I would suggest that we each bring methods of protection to ensure our meeting is not interrupted by what is left of Makuta's Sons. I do understand that each Akiri may wish to remain feeling safe and secure, and rightly so. I do not wish to tangle with Makuta's Sons, and I am sure not even yourself would disagree with that. However, I feel that it is equally important that we do not cause other members of the assembly to feel threatened in action or word, so pick your guard accordingly. I am sure you will.I will be bringing drinks. Your recent shipment of drink was as strong as always. It would be a shame for only myself to enjoy it.Thank you for your time Hahli, and I look rather towards speaking with you again,

akirikongusigned.gif

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

Teacher gave the waiter one last withering glare, one that chased the poor Le-Toa all the way back to the kitchens, before allowing himself a satisfied smirk, and a scone of his own.

"Definitively," he replied, with his attention turned back to his companion. "In battle, analysis is the first step towards victory -- and should always be prized.""Unfortunately, knowledge often comes with a price," the Lesterin casually continued. "More superstitious Matoran have said that the Great Spirit, in the time before time, found a well which could grant the gift of wisdom. The only catch was, that He had to sacrifice an eye to wield this power."

"You seem like an intelligent and curious girl -- but what price would you be willing to pay for knowledge?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Well, one mask unlocked." the paladin said, laying the Ta-Toa to rest in a shade, "How about there?" she said, looking over to where Erif and Xarya were.

IC: Xarya (Paladin Traning Grounds)

"Could've gone better, I guess" Xarya replied as she rubbed her forehead. Her first attempt hadn't gone very well.

OOC: Sorry about the late reply, let's get going again.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Just an NPC only post to keep the Ga-Koro Marines up to date with current times.

IC: Ga-Koro Marines

Despite the lack of their leading commanders, the Ga-Koro Marine Corps. ran as a well oiled machine. Brawling drunkards found themselves on wooden cots behind tough bars under the watchful eyes of the Lieutenant warden. Vagabonds and miscreants were pushed from the city or fined for their crimes. The occasional nagging rahi was herded away from the population, often without the loss of the rahi's life. The Marines could be well-trained soldiers, but they were peace-keepers foremost. They worked to find and repair what was lost and broken, to ply the ocean's for any danger, and finding none return to their beds each evening with well-earned praise sung in the taverns along the docks.

The flotillas were cleaned, stationed, and inventoried. The ships were checked for worms, barnacles, and infectious rahi. Every fourteen days, each marine received their pay. Some saved, some squandered, but all went back to the community. The regime was to occupy the heart of every citizen with relief at the sight of the Marine Corps. seal, crest, or banner. And so the days passed in peace.