BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Oreius) (Inu)

Oreius smiled and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. Jaller's office was sparsely decorated, as befitted the former Captain of Mata Nui's most formidable military. It was designed with both efficiency and safety in mind: there were bookcases filled with books and tablets, artificial lights by which to read, a desk and several ordinary chairs, and no windows.

It was an office that the Toa of Fire could feel comfortable in. Being a former military man, he appreciated simplicity and directness. It was a illusion, he knew, but Jaller's stark office felt removed from the complicated politics and industries that had sprung up since the Makuta's fall.

Oreius had always felt as though he could be honest with Jaller, and be spoken to plainly in return. That had not yet changed. He hoped it wouldn't.

“Thank you, Akiri,” he said, clasping a fist to his chest and bowing his head for a moment in respect, before taking a seat in one of the wooden chairs across the desk from the Ta-Matoran. The two were roughly at eye level.

“Inu and I have scoured Ta-Wahi, from the Tren Krom Break to the eastern beaches, and throughout the Charred Forest. In all our hunting, we found-”

He lifted the Telerahk staff he gripped in one hand, then let its tip hit the floor with a thump. Inu echoed the impact with a mental burst of victorious pride, and the taste of a dead opponent's blood.

“-one Rahkshi.

“With the exception of the Dark Walk, we believe Ta-Wahi is free from any threat of the Makuta's sons. I can't speak for the other villages, but Ta-Koro is safe - as long as the Dark Walk is guarded.”

Jaller looked pleased at this news; Oreius decided to plunge ahead into uncertain waters.

“While we were hunting, we met with several of the other Toa Maru in Mangaia. The main topic of discussion was Makuta's Vault.

“As you know, we have no idea what's in the Vault, or how to open it. But that won't stop people from trying, especially people who want to change the balance of power on the island. As leader of Ta-Koro... Akiri, if I may speak plainly: I would ask your plans for the Vault.”

IC: Well, the job was done, now to journey through several miles of ice, desert and rock to receive my payment.

It would most certainly take a while.

Rastann

Ah, there was a myriad of resources with which to create! Put this here, connect that there, and shazam! A projectile launcher. I grabbed some grenades and flares and such, and walked upwards towards what appeared to be a city.

OOC: Akriin to Ko-Wahi

Edited by Lieutenant Obvious

Morally unambiguous.

IC: Toa Teravix

Toa Teravix walked into Ta-Koro with a bag slung over his shoulder, a bulky watch on his wrist, and a pair of goggles strapped to his head. He needed to get some more eyeglasses made to sell, but he needed a more reliable glassmith than his last one. He strolled though Ta-Koro, looking for a new glassmith and trying to drum up business for the few cheap eyeglasses, watches, locks and music boxes he carried in his bag.

OOC: Open for interaction

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

IC:"You never have to ask if you may speak plainly in my presence, Oreius." The Ta-Matoran tapped his desk in thought, mulling over the query in silence. "As for my intent...""I have none. The Vault is a relic from Makuta's time, something that clearly was not intended to be opened. We know not who put it there, or why. The Prophecy indicates that it was not the Makuta, because from what I am told, you had not the time. Nor did he plan for what would happen if the Maru denied his offers. And frankly, I doubt that anything within is worth the risk, or the time necessary to open it.""As far as I am concerned, it can stay closed. Does that answer your question?"

************Across the village, an assorted crew of guards swept across the site of an explosion. The detonation had been set off by an unseen bomber, and the culprit had escaped before he could be detained. As there were no active threats, the less well-known branch of the Ta-Koro Guard was called in to perform their job. The Investigative Corps consisted of representatives from almost all races, and from all walks of life. They differed from the other guards in one key aspect; their primary function was not combat. Rather, it was in investigation. Their job was to examine the scenes of major crimes, and work to determine who was behind them. And this particular scene was most certainly their domain.

The head of the Corps, a Toa of Magnetism equipped with a Mask of Psychometry, knelt down next to the epicenter of the explosion. He ran a hand over the edge, feeling the powdering residue left behind, and nodding to himself. Photothermic powder, more commonly known as Stralix powder. Though its inventor was considered a friend of the village, after his aid during the Rahkshi assault, his invention had become too widespread to accurately track the makers. Mata Nui knows who had the formula by now. But it also wasn't too destructive in its natural form. The explosive had damaged the rail, and it would take time to repair, but it could be repaired. Civilian casualties had been higher than would be preferred. Whoever detonated it knew enough to do so just before the monorail was making its stop; several people had been on the platform. Two died, and six more suffered injuries ranging from minor burns to shrapnel-caused lacerations. But most of them would live.But Stralix powder had one very, very important characteristic; it wasn't a strong enough explosion to completely destroy its housing. Which was why, after a few minutes of searching, he turned up a small, jagged fragment of the device. Closing his eyes, he activated his mask-The sun had not yet risen, that much was clear. The streets were dimly lit by the rising sun and the street lamps, just enough for the bomber to see what he was doing. He had removed some of the dirt below the track, just enough to push in the device, and began to rebury it. But in that moment, the time between carrying bag to earth, he revealed himself.

-Back in the present, he blinked, "Sir!" One of the others, an Onu-Matoran, waved from across the street. "We've got somebody who saw the guy!""Good. I've got a basic description." The Toa of Magnetism held up his clipboard, where a rough sketch of the perpetrator had taken form while he stepped into the past. "Take this, and the witness, back to HQ. Have Gron take a look at the explosive debris over here, have him figure out what type of explosive this was, and what set it off.""We'll get this guy yet."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Teravix

Teravix was having trouble selling anything on the street, so he decided to post several signs around the village, and wait at a local Inn. After getting a permit to sell at the Fire Spitter's Inn, he put up several posters that read:

In need of a watch, glasses,

or any other gadget?

Come see Teravix at the Fire Spitter's Inn

Inventor, Chemist, and Explosives Expert

OOC: The Stark Night, could I get into this storyline? It wouldn't let me PM you.

IC - Lerszgal:

His attempt to hire a guard had been none too successful, and Lerszgal left the inn alone. It was time to leave. He broke out into a hum as he strode down the road towards the gate. This, he decided, was going to be an interesting adventure.

Edited by Grantaire

IC:

"Adventure."

The word fell like rainwater from my tongue; sparking a single, short-lived burst of light amongst the darkness of my past, drowned by a fog of trepidation. Was this a part of the old me, I wondered, contemplating how the Lux who had lived beyond the past three months would have reacted to such an offer. Something tells me that he would've leapt at the chance to travel the island, hunting glory and sunset scenes.

But he's dead. He never even existed. He's Mata Nui peeking over my shoulder, judging my every move, without ever providing the faintest clue as to the correct path.

So, y'know, the old Lux can go to Karz for all I care. I don't need Him telling me what to do, or how to live. I don't need anymore adventures; I don't need to add anymore problems to my ever-growing list of them; I don't, I don't, I don't! I'm quite happy where I am now -- I've got a steady business, a good life, all the excitement I need--

An practical job, a manageable life, and reliable boredom; isn't that what you mean?

Nothing bad has happened to me ye--

Nothing has happened to you! Meanwhile, the smoothed-over remains of your life slip further and further away everyday!

i just have to be patient--

You've been patient for three months. Time's up, princess.

Don't you hate it when God smirks at you?

"I guess that I'm in for an adventure," I said, draining the rest of my eldritch cocktail of juice and spirit in one gulp, managing a good-natured grin, and trying to ignore the momentary flutter in my heart.

Because don't you hate it when God is right?

OOC: Sorry about the...well, calling this reply "late" would be being pretty generous, wouldn't it?

But honestly, I'm really sorry for the delay. Exams, and all that wonderful goodness. :P

Anyway, I probably won't be back until Tuesday, so until then, you guys can bunny Lux along to save time.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kruka

Kruka walked from the Ta-Koro gate to Lake Pala, then back to Ta-Koro again. This was not unusual, for him; Kruka was known to wander even to Ko-Koro sometimes. Today was different. Something was troubling him. As Kruka reached Lake Pala again, his suspicions were confirmed. The lake was one of Krukas' favorite places to hike and think. He had never seen it like this, though. He had never seen it...empty.

Kruka sat bolt upright. He was in his hut, on his bed in Ta-Koro. It had all been a dream. A bad dream. Kruka got off his bed and walked to the door of his hut. Maybe I'll take the day off. He thought to himself. After all, being part of the Ta-Koro guard is stressful. And I can't help but feel something isn't right today, even if it came to me in a dream...

Kruka turned around and lay down again.

2xu8Ptu.png

IC: Melna (Lavapool Inn)

"YAY" Melna cheered, throwing her arms in the air in triumphant delight.

"OK. Unless you need to do something real important, I say we all split and make the necessary preparations, then we meet at the gate in one hour. Deal?"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Lava Farming is boring work, thought the brilliant blue Matoran of plasma who was climbing over broken shards of rock near the thundering of lava falls. He was glad he was able to take a break from the job. Zerx was an unusual Matoran. His name was foreign, as was his blue and orange color scheme, obviously misplaced from his actual element. In fact, his element, plasma, was unusual, and the heat he radiated often unnerved his fellow Ta-Matoran. A black, curling tattoo that reminded him of a vine crawled from his unidentifiable mask down to his index finger, twisting into various designs and symbols on the way down. He had an unusual accent to top it all off, and there were always jokes that he was secretly an off-islander. In fact, some of his buddies even went as far as to joke that he was related to the crystal armored strangers that had recently appeared on the island’s shores. Zerx smiled at the rumors, but his oddness merely came from a desire to stand out among the masses of Matoran, to be noticed by passersby. His life seemed almost superhumanly mundane to make up for this- he was a lava farmer and lived in a hut far away from the center of the village. He almost never met Toa, almost never left the village, and although he waited for it, adventure had never come knocking on his door to sweep him off his feet and carry him away. Maybe one day it would. He could feel his looming destiny just hanging around him, like the aura of suppressed excitement players had before a Kolhii match, or guards before a battle. In the meantime, he had some surveying to do. Zarx climbed over to the edge of the canyon that the lava water fall dropped into and looked down at the glowing red river. The rocks near the edge of the river were still just that, rocks, but towards the sides of the canyon, the rocks became looser and smaller, became almost like soil. Perfect lava farming soil, in fact. Zarx smiled and mentally noted the fact, continuing on the edge of the canyon and observing the distant earth near the river, so involved in watching it that he didn’t notice the uneven footsteps that were growing louder and louder. In fact, he only noticed something wrong when he began to taste metal. He stood up. The air was filled with the taste and feel of an intense electric field. The feeling you experience the second before lightning strikes. He spun around, but no bolt of lightning shot from the heavens or a Toa’s finger. Instead, a skinny toa stumbled from behind a jagged boulder. The toa looked half starved but still somehow muscular. His armor clung to him tightly. Its spikes and cruel edges, coupled with his thin body and long limbs, made him appear like some sort of predatory insect. A smile certainly befitting the predatory description was his most notable expression, and something evil glinted in his eyes. An equally curved and predatory mask of telekinesis sat on his face. The toa’s fingers grasped and tensed, looking hungry to grip something and squeeze. Lightning crackled menacingly between them. He stumbled forwards and stood, grinning at Zarx. The smell of ozone grew heavier. The Pa-Matoran blinked at this malevolent sight for a second, then spun around. He ran for his life. Zarx had never seen anything so terrifying in his hundreds of years on the island, and knew without a doubt that this being wanted to kill him. This was almost like a sort of nightmare. Someone so evil could not exist in reality. Running away was frustratingly hard too, increasing his panic. He seemed to be tripping every other step, and some subconscious part of his brain was noticing that there was some force pulling him back towards that evil, terrifying predator. Zarx tripped one to many times, and felt some force pick him up. Levitating, the Matoran felt himself spin slowly to look into the eyes of his pursuer. Rational though left him as he gazed into the blazing orbs, where strange shapes and otherworldly demons seemed to twist and writhe in their terrible redness. He could see Karzhani reflected in the light from the eyes, he could sense the evil in that gaze. They didn’t project a lack of sanity- they seemed to suck in the sanity from him, pulling his intelligent mind into the terrible void where one should have been. There was so little sanity in those eyes that they seemed to function as a black hole. The blue Matoran of plasma screamed and cried and shouted for help, and the terrible Toa’s grin grew as the Matoran felt the same force pull him over the edge of the canyon, setting him floating in midair far above the glowing red stream of fresh lava. Every instinct he had screamed at him and he did everything he could to escape, but it was useless. Then the toa held out his unnaturally long finger and pointed it directly at Zarx. In a flash, the smell of ozone grew and peaked, as did the taste of metal, and a shuddering, powerful feeling passed through the blue Matoran’s limbs. When the lightning had passed through him, Zarx felt hollow, like a husk that had burnt out his energy. He could still smell the lightning, still taste it, and still feel a bit of static crackling between his armor plates. Then the lightning came again, and again, and again, more than Zarx could stand or cope with or comprehend, blasting away a little more of his mind with every shock. The pain was intense, as was the terrible hopelessness of it all. Zarx was being tortured to death and he knew it. That was the worst part- his life was going to end in this terrible, final way. No heroics. No Destiny. Just the victim of some horrible demon. Eventually he lost consciousness and his cries of pain were silenced. With a frown, the predatory toa mentally released his hold on the Pa-Matoran, and Zarx dropped far down, and vanished into the river, his unusual body, tattoo, mask, and coloration melting into nothing. The predatory toa sat down on a rock, exhausted, but at the same time refreshed. He had not killed in a long time, and it filled an ache that he felt. It reminded him of the feeling of eating after fasting for a day, or taking a long drink of cold water after a week in the desert. Fulfilling. He smiled and leaned against a rock, lazily watching the light from the lava reflect off of his blue and black armor as he digested the delectable memories of the Matoran writhing in pain above the river. It felt good to kill again. Satisfied and exhausted, Selchzar fell asleep against the warm rock by the lava flow.

IC(Liacada-Lava River)"That was really, really ###### up."Selchzar's eyes opened to find a Toa's looking back at him. Her sword was drawn, and her face was vengeful at best. Disturbed at worst. She had obviously seen what he'd done, and spun her weapon in her hand. She had clearly not come for a discussion. "You know, I usually just point the police at people like you- that's my job, actually."She stepped closer, her body beginning to exude flames. "I may not have known him, but he's like me. He was from somewhere else. People didn't accept him like they would anyone else. How can I tell? Because I'm living that life right now. He had a life to live, and you?" She was practically radiating flames as she grabbed the Toa by the wrist and wrenched him up with surprising strength. "Get up!""My name is Liacada, and let me tell you a secret," she whispered in his ear. If anyone had been listening, they wouldn't be able to hear her, "I killed Whenua, and I'm going to kill you."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

Click click click.Click click click.The sound broke the silence that filled the Lavapool Inn, the gun's cylinder spinning, clicking softly as each round passed the hammer. It's owner, a tall being with a hat pulled low over his face, sat in the corner of the almost empty bar. Spinning the cylinder once more, he reached into his coat with his other hand, withdrawing a large flask. He took a long, slow swallow, before returning it to where it was.

The Lesterin, though he could not be identified as such from a distance, had been there for about a day now. He needed a job, but there weren't any forthcoming. If this continued, he'd have to find somewhere else to go.OOC: Rerin open for interaction, if someone wishes.

IC: Hakari - Lavapool Inn -

A pair of blue eyes blinked in front of Rerin's vision, Hakari had more or less been sitting nearby for the last hour or so, slowly drinking whatever money she had away, she certainly didn't seem to care how much she spent.

"Say..." Hakari cut in suddenly, still looking at her fellow Lesterin. "You said you were looking for a job right? Wanna be my bodyguard? I'm planning on heading out into the wilds, and I don't really like the idea of going alone..."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC
Selchzar was limp as he stood, waving slowly back and forth. He was still tired after killing that innocent Matoran, and was as sluggish as a snake warming itself in the sun.
The Toa of fire glared at him, radiating flames of rage. A lazy smile met her fury. When she whispered in his ear, almost too softly to hear: “I killed Whenua, and I'm going to kill you,” he licked his lips hungrily, and chills of fear and excitement raced down his spine.
He opened his mouth to speak, the hellish fires in his eyes glowing brighter than ever. “Are you a killer?” he breathed back, voice soft as a lover’s. He made no move, swaying back and forth and basking in the heat. But lightning began to crackle along his armor, and a static charge built within him. “Did you enjoy watching Whenua’s life fade from his body and feel satisfied when his last breath slipped past his weak lips? Did it fill a empty hunger that gnaws at you, a hunger that has already consumed your soul? Did it fulfill a primal urge that drives you to act, a malevolent urge that controls you like a puppet? Was it ecstasy? Are you a killer, like me? Or do you just know how to go through the motions?”
A finger reached out to gently caress her armor. The loving touch was not just to disturb her, because electricity was coursing through him, eager to transfer through the finger into through Liacada’s body.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC(Liacada-Lava River)"No."She grabbed his shoulder, twisted and both of them moved so that her back was towards the river. She slapped his hand away from her, shoving him forward a bit. "No, I didn't. You see, when I killed him, I didn't feel any of that. You know why I didn't see his last breath squeal out of his lips?"The ground exploded, flames bursting forth as she jabbed her sword at the heavens. When Selchzar could see again, they were surrounded by a ring of fire. He wouldn't be escaping, even if he wanted to. "When I was done, there was nothing left. Nothing but..." the flames lashed out at him from several directions, tendrils of white-hot death attempting to drown him in their horror."...ashes."

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC
Selchzar hissed involuntarily as the fire sprung up around him, surrounding him with heat and pain and light. He would not be ashes.
The fire roared towards him, hot enough to melt armor. He leaped forwards then. The skinny blue killer pushed through the thick killing fire, and for a moment, it was agony. But he had leapt quickly, and agony passed quickly too, although bits of his flesh and armor were temporarily alight. With a thought, electricity began to course through his armor- any part of him that Liacada touched, just the slightest brush, and he would let the lightning flow through as quickly and angrily as the tendrils of fire he had escaped.
"You boast of killing, little girl, but I don't see the passion in your eyes."
Half afire and glowing with blue and white electricity, the thin being flew at her, his fingers grasping claws, his mouth a frightful screech, his eyes fiery Karzhani.
"Show it to me!"
Edited by Visaru

IC(Liacada-River Showdown)

Time slowed down for the Xa-Koroan as her opponent lunged forward at her. In the split second time she had to react, a sort of supernatural adrenaline began pumping. Maybe it was the heat. Maybe it was the memory of that Matoran sinking into the river. But , it was an act of instinct.

Step one. Shift.

She side-stepped, sliding away from the Toa of electricity.

Step two. Position.

With a jump, she disappeared from his view in the growing smoke, and reappeared in front of him, a few feet from his face.

Step three. Attack.

Liacada's blade viciously sliced at his left thigh, and she realized she was holding back. Obviously, the neck or some other crucial point on his body would've been more effective. Why didn't she want to kill this guy? Had she gone soft already? With each strike, all she could picture was the captain's face. It was then and there she had lost the resolution to kill.

And yet, gained the strength to keep fighting.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC

Selchzar watched the sword swing for his leg.

He darted away from the strike, dropping and rolling along the ash covered ground to dodge the deadly metal. He could hear it slice though the air above him, and feel the air it had displaced. His heart rate doubled as the skeletal Toa came out of his roll, sliding half a bio and twisting to look at his enemy. Twisting streamers of Electricity trailed behind him, as did the metallic smell of lightning. The air around him crackled menacingly, but his breaths came heavy. A splitting headache pounded within his skull- he had overexerted himself killing that matoran.

And he waited, crouched, for Liacada's next move.

Edited by Visaru

IC: Akata

Since the day he washed ashore on this island, Akata was considered a thief and a backstabber. After he came out of his canister, he was greeted by a Toa of Air (NPC). They seemed to get along well, until Akata decided that his armor was better than his own. The first moment the Toa of Air had his back turned to him, Akata plunged his spear into his back and stole his armor. He then pushed the body into his canister, and pushed it back out at sea, feeling no guilt.

Again and again he looted, stole, and killed in Le-Koro until he began to get a reputation, forcing him to leave. Looking for better things to steal that Kohlii balls or bamboo disks, he went to Ta-Koro looking for weapons to steal and then resell for a higher price. But that was probably his biggest mistake: Stealing from a Toa who owns a weapons store in a village known for its guard.

Now, Akata was being chased by a Toa of Fire (NPC) down several alleyways. He had discarded the daggers that he stole a ways back, but the other Toa didn't seem to notice. At a long alleyway, Akata slowed down until he was just out of reach of the other Toa's fire. Then, without notice, Akata leaped up into the air, spun around, and threw his staff like a spear into the heart of the Toa of Fire. The Toa stumbled back, holding the staff in a failed attempt to remove it, and fell. Akata walked over the body of the late Toa and activated his mask of reanimation. The newly deceased Toa pulled himself to his feet once more, and yanked the spear out of his own chest, handing it to Akata. The corpse once again went limp as Akata walked off as if nothing happened. After he cleaned off his staff, he once again walked out into the open. He walked back into the store of the late Toa, and decided he would sell off everything until he moved on.

OOC: Open for interaction

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

IC:
Oreius seemed to ponder the response, and was perhaps about to answer Jaller's own question, when a frantic knocking came from the door. The Ta-Matoran's eyes moved from Oreius to the entrance, eyebrows raising a fraction of an inch. A knock on his door was an infrequent occurrence indeed, the secretary should have announced the being's arrival...
He looked back to Oreius. The Ta-Toa had almost certainly reached the same conclusion. Either the arrival was important enough to bypass the secretary's desk, or there no longer was a secretary to make an announcment. The Ta-Matoran reached into his desk, and angled himself to reduce the viable target area on his torso, hand closing around something unseen.
"Who is it?"
"Messenger from the Investigative Corps, sir! There's been a bombing at the monorail, I have a detailed report from the head of the corps."
"Bring it in. And send for Angelus."
Eighty-four seconds later, the sharp sound of footsteps sounded like dulled bells, then broke into a low creak as Angelus opened the door without knocking and slid in with a nod at Oreius and a quick two-fingered salute at Jaller. It was not out of any purposeful rudeness; he'd been working on acclimating himself to the customs and finer points of life in society (let alone control of the finest military force in the six Koros) ever since three months ago, when the weary, angry, heartbroken Toa of Fire had once again slipped in uninvited into this very office, intent on resigning, and then left with a badge on his shoulder and a new purpose in life.
He was balanced casually in a chair that wobbled slightly on its hind legs as he leaned backwards, longsword slung over his shoulder and point hanging several inches above the ground. His eyes searched Jaller's, and then flicked back to the Toa Maru of Fire's. The captain blinked quickly a few times, brow furrowing, and he opened his mouth to speak. He must have decided better of whatever he was about to say because it closed again, pursed into a neutral line, and then opened again.
"Akiri," he said respectfully. "I was told there had been an attack. I think your messenger soiled himself in front of my desk, so I assume it's something serious."
"That is an understatement."
The Ta-Matoran looked up from his desk, where a packet of papers and statements was laid out, a sort of orderly chaos covering the large wooden desk. He picked up one paper in particular, the cover page of the once-and-former packet, and handed it to Angelus.
"That is the basic descriptor of an attack that occurred on the monorail roughly half an hour ago. A bombing. According to what we have here," He absently tapped at a paper before him. "The explosive was made of photothermic powder, Stralix powder as it is called on the streets. A witness saw the bomber placing the device and departing roughly two hours before the explosion, heading in the direction of Ko-Wahi."
"Several others who were awake at the time also saw this bomber. There's a sketch based on his described features on the fourth page."
"Not much of a master terrorist if we have a full sketch of him," Angelus noted, rifling through the folder he'd been given. "Ko-Wahi, you said?"
"More specifically, he was seen heading towards the Ko-Ta border. Whether or not he crossed it is uncertain. There is one very worrying thing to me, however."
The Akiri picked up one of the papers, angling it so both Oreius and Angelus could see what was written on it. "As I suspect you both know, Stralix powder is very bad at destroying its housing. This makes it useful for spreading shrapnel, but it leaves behind significant amounts of trace evidence after detonation. And mixed in with the shrapnel were pieces of electronics. In addition, the explosion was set off two hours after the bomber was seen departing."
"The implications of this are, I think, quite clear. Somehow, the culprit detonated this remotely, or found a way to create a timed delay."
"But that's light years beyond any tech."
Silence in the room for a very, very, very long moment.
"At least, our tech."
"That can't leave this room," Oreius said bluntly. "We'd practically be implicating another Koro, and I know we're all thinking of the same one. It's too obvious; someone wants to set us up."
"Exactly my thoughts, both of you. Which is why the evidence for this case is classified to myself, the Captain of the Guard, Ta-Koro's representative in the Maru, and the head of the Investigative Corps."
"Why Ko-Koro, though?" he asked rhetorically. "I mean, even if you don't bother cutting past the vile stereotypes about Ta-Toa in cold, he'd be easily tracked in the snow. Too easily."
"I doubt too much thought was put into it. Whoever did this was foolish enough to be seen; which indicates that they are far from a professional. And the level of tech used indicates that they are working for someone, this isn't something a common crook could get their hands on, let alone figure out how to use it." The Akiri paused, before delivering the conclusion to his line of thought. "They're probably going to go collect their payment, or report back to their employer."
"You sure we're looking at a Koro here, then? This could just as easily be some half-baked consortium. I know if I wanted to commit a terrorist act against us, I'd use someone with a bit more tact than some part-time bomber."
"Exactly. Whoever it is, they've made it too easy for us," the Toa Maru growled. "Either it's a trap, or they're not smart enough to do it right. Either way, they're a threat, and we need to find out who they are and how to deal with them."
"Which leads me to my next point. We know nothing about who is behind this, or why. But we do know one thing; we know what this guy looks like, and we know where he was last seen. And we have two of the Koros greatest trackers in this room right now."
The Akiri paused, long enough to let that sink in. "Angelus, I want you to hunt this guy down. I can take over your paperwork for as long as you are gone. Take whatever resources you need, and bring this Piraka in alive. Oreius, I have absolutely no authority over you, and I won't pretend to. But any and all aid you could give in this situation would be beyond appreciated."
"All I need is something to keep my ears warm and something to make waffles out of," the Captain promised wryly out of the corner of the smirk that had taken over his mouth. He turned back to Oreius and surveyed the Toa Maru for a couple seconds before smiling completely. "Yeah, sure. I can be gone within the hour."
"I'd be happy to help bring this scum in," Oreius replied. "He's a threat to the island as well as Ta-Koro, and the sooner we figure out who was behind this, the better off we'll all be."
He looked at Angelus. "I can go as soon as you're ready."
IC:
Rerin lifted his hat up off of his face, glancing at the other Lesterin. After a moment, he nodded. "Yeah, I can do that. Where'd you plan on going?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"Well, I was thinking of traveling to that village in the trees called Le-koro, never been there before. I hear the jungle that surrounds it is pretty much endless!" Hakari nearly bounced in excitement thinking about it. "I'd really just like someone to travel with through the jungle, I hear there are a lot of dangerous rahi out there, and possibly those monstrous Rahkshi wandering about. I'd just feel safer if I had someone to watch my back, you know?"

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

"Le-Wahi's a pretty interestin' place." The Lesterin said, resting his hat back on his head. "Lots of Rahi, though they're not all as vicious as they used to be, now that the big bad's gone. Still plenty hostile though."

"All things considered, it's one of the friendlier villages. Not anythin' like Po-Koro."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"That's terrible!" Hakari exclaimed. "I hope it's not true that they're looking for war...it sounds like a terrible thing!" Hakari seemed to be getting worked up, she had to slow her breathing.

Hakari sighed, then looked back at Rerin. "I'm sorry, we're getting off track. You up for going into the jungle? I should have enough widgets to pay for your services." She hoped her fellow Lesterin wasn't going to charge anything too expensive, she had a modest amount of money, but it wouldn't take much to put a serious dent in her funds.

IC:"Don't worry about it too much, miss. I'll take you wherever it is you need to go, and for whatever duration of time you need. You can work out what you can pay me after the fact."

After a pause, he took another sip from the flask stored at his hip. "When d'you want to leave?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

Hakari's eyes brightened. "Thank you!" She nearly lunged at Rerin and gave him a hug, but she restrained herself...barely. She cleared her throat. "Um...I'm ready whenever you are. I don't really have a whole lot of belongings besides what's on my person, I've just been renting a room."

Edited by A billion cats

IC:The Lesterin adjusted his hat, angling it back just far enough that his vision was unimpaired. In a single lazy movement, he stood from his chair, coat shifting softly. For the briefest of moments, the revolver at his waist was once again visible before it vanished behind the fabric of his coat. "Well, I haven't got anything that I need to carry either.""So, ready when you are, miss."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Hakari sprung out of her seat with energy and enthusiasm, a bit in contrast to Rerin. It was hard to say if it was just the mask she wore or if she was just naturally that hyper.

"Let's go!" She was already heading out the door as she spoke. "Now...I heard there is a tunnel system that leads into Le-Wahi from here..."

IC-Marfoir:

Now that his meeting with Brykon was over, and he was officially back on the job, Marfoir was back in his hotel room, methodically checking over his weapon.

Magazine feeding properly.

Electromagnetic coils functioning, proper test cannot be performed.

Forty rounds available.

Marfoir smiled, disassembling the weapon and setting it back in his pack. He'd have perfect time to do everything necessary in Po-Wahi. Stepping out the door, rifle, ammunition, and newly-bought iStone in his pack, the Vortixx showed his travel visa and set off for Po-Koro, the map Brykon had been using earlier held in one of his hands.

Time to get himself back into the game.

OOC: Marfoir to Po-Wahi.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC(Liacada-River Showdown)Liacada swung his sword, fire streaming out of it in Selchzar's direction. If it connected, he would merely have some painful burns. She wasn't using deadly fire anymore- she couldn't kill anyone else. She couldn't afford it.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:Rerin followed at a slightly more leisurely pace, easily keeping up with his more energetic companion despite his more relaxed stride. His hands were in his pockets, as the tails of his coat flapped in the breeze. He nodded at Hakari's statement, glancing at his companion.

"Yep. It's the quicker method. Goes from Ta-Wahi to Le-Wahi, surfacing a few miles from the Village of Air. Not exactly a scenic trip, for the better part of it, but it's effective."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Hakari - Ta-koro -

"The quicker we get to the jungle the better!" Hakari replied without looking back as she headed toward the tunnel entrance, evading whatever people, crowds, and random obstacles that obstructed her path with relative ease. The streets of Ta-koro always seemed to be crowded.

"How long do you think it will take to travel through the tunnels?" Hakari asked as the tunnel entrance came into view, two guardsmen stood on either side of the entrance, as usual.

IC:"Depends on how fast we move. A few hours at most, two if we hurry." The Lesterin paused at the mouth of the tunnel, nodding to the guards who. after looking them over briefly, nodded and parted to let them pass. "Worst comes to worst, we have to camp in the Wahi for the night."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Hakari - Tunnel, Exiting Ta-koro -

"Camping sounds fun!" Hakari exclaimed as they entered the tunnel, as they moved further in it got darker and darker, save for a few lightstones that decorated the cave walls every now and then. "Oooo...this is spooky!" Hakari exclaimed, however she didn't seem to be all that afraid.

Hakari's pace was energetic, but she wasn't rushing either. She seemed content to get there when they got there. They hadn't gone far before the tunnel split into two separate pathways, each labeled differently. Hakari's eyes strained to look at what they said, though in all honesty she still had trouble reading the matoran language, it was different from what she was used to on her home island...wherever that was, she still couldn't remember.

After a long moment she turned to look at Rerin, "I can't read it." She looked sheepish in her expression.

Edited by A billion cats

IC: Tarpo

Tarpo walked about the streets of Ta-Koro with the peculiar feeling that he was being followed. He looked over his shoulder and saw, unsurprisingly, no one following him. Perhaps he just expected the guards to arrest him for visiting Po-Koro, as absurd as that idea was. But he still couldn't shake the idea that he was being followed. Perhaps if he could find someone to talk to, it would calm his nerves.

OOC: Open for Interaction.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

IC:"That one goes to Onu-Koro, that one goes to Le-Koro." Rerin said, pointing at each one in turn, before taking a step down the latter passage. "As such, this is the one we want."

"Haven't been on this island long, have you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Hakari - Le-Wahi Tunnel -

"A little over a month I think...wait didn't I tell you that before? Were you too drunk to remember?" Hakari walked alongside Rerin through the tunnel, the farther they went, the more spaced out the lightstones became, and the darker it got.

IC:"Miss, I have some bad news for you.""I'm always drunk to some extent." Quite cheerfully, the Lesterin took another sip from his flask, before replacing it inside his coat. "Exactly how drunk depends on where I am, how much money I have, and whether or not I'm working."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Hakari - Le-Wahi Tunnel -

"Ah, well that explains it then." Hakari said musefully as she brushed the tunnel wall with her hand, feeling how smooth it seemed to be. "Being drunk is fun...but all the time? Doesn't that drain your money fairly quick?"

IC:The Lesterin shrugged, returning his hands to his pockets. "It drains it pretty quickly, yeah. But all things considered, I don't need much money. Enough for an inn here and there, maybe a hospital fee. Food.""Besides. With our species' metabolism, I could theoretically sober up whenever I wanted to within minutes."

fK5oqYf.jpg