BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC-Ραξα:

Ah, Ta-Wahi. Land of arid lands, burning air, and lava surfing; also the land of one of the most well-trained guard forces on the island. And, at the same time, soon to be the target of an attack.

Raxa grinned; he said that he would work with NEX where it would suit him and his plans. Well, now he was going to work with NEX...or rather, NEX's plans and intelligence. Forming them into something that would fit what he wanted.

Or, rather, breaking them.

The Toa of Crystal smiled, finishing the drink he'd ordered at the Lavapool; this a simple glass of brandy. He'd get some white zinfandel later. Now, though, was time for him to go to Jaller. He walked into the entrance area of the guard house, and rose his voice before speaking to the receptionist - he wanted to make sure Jaller would hear him, after all, so that he could tell the man what he needed to quickly.

"I demand an audience with the Akiri, to discuss grave matters of security that could pertain to his own well-being, and that of others, in a soon to come life-or-death scenario," Raxa proclaimed, the look in his eyes, as much as his tone, setting the receptionist off to notify the guards and Jaller of the new arrival.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

NPC IC:

Unexpectedly, Razor's shield dropped out of the air with a clang.

The criminal barely had time to note the dark blur, the swift shape, before it hit. A sound on the same level as a sonic boom, concentrated around Infector and Razor's ears. As sound tried to escape, it was redirected back into the main attack. The sound wave was so close to their ears, and so loud, that they would almost certainly be disoriented by the attack.

The causes behind these events was soon made clear, as a Fe-Toa came to a brief stop behind Infector, before lunging forward at Kakama-speed to slash at the tube connecting the barrel to his vine. Perched on a nearby rooftop was a De-Toa wearing a Volitak, the being behind the sonics warfare..But the reinforcements did not end there. Closing fast from the direction opposite Oreius and Loren, a small group of Matoran was closing in. Guards, equipped with the armor and tools of their trade.

The criminals were outnumbered, outgunned, and surrounded, courtesy of Ta-Koro's capability for rapid deployment.OOC:

Flaredrick, this is well within my power, and your fight has gone on too long for reinforcements not to arrive. Further, you insist on bringing in Deus ex Machina characters to aid, which is against the rules. So I have arrived to even the odds.Note, that while these NPCs are killable, they are under my control, Which means that with regards to combat, they must not be autohitted, just like normal PCs.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: Well that was almost unexpected

The sonic boom that Loren had been about to unleash died as the other Toa of Sonics stepped in. The brief respite allowed him to take stock of his surroundings and notice the other Guardsmen making their way towards the fight.

Turning back to the fight, he created a wall of sound above Razor and brought it down like same giant hand slapping a bug out of the sky. Normally he would have tried to give them another chance to surrender, but the sonic boom would have their ears ringing for quite some time and it was unlikely that they would have listened anyway. They knew they were attacking members of the guard when they joined the fight and had done so anyway, it was entirely possible that they had had a part in the killing of the Matoran that had started the whole thing.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro - HomeUp.Dip.78.Up.Dip.79.Drop.Ow.Tuara's head hit the floor. She breathed in and out heavily, the breaths long and drawn out. Sit-ups were harder than she remembered. She was definitely out of shape. At least nowhere near where she used to be. Her abdomen burnt like wild-fire despite having done only a third of what her usual set once was. All that drinking hadn't been doing her muscles much good. Lactic acid was going to town now. With a groan she rolled over on the carpet, already covered in sweat. It didn't smell good either. It was worse than usual sweat. Well, you are what you eat.Or drink in this case.On her hands and knees, Tuara stretched her arms out forwards and pulled her lower section over her legs and to her heels, arcing to stretch her stomach. She breathed out deeply for the duration of the stretch. She always felt sort of silly doing it considering her rear-end always ended up in the air, but stretching was important for everybody. Embarrassed people, body-builders, alcoholics. It didn't matter. Neither did her lack of reps. It was all about finding something to do with her time. All she had been doing the past few months would be really simple Guard commission work in between downing more than her paycheck would afford. But now, there was a goal to reach. It was time to put the bottles away and get back up to speed. No more sitting on her hands.Tuara curled forwards, head held high above her pushing arms, her back and legs making an almost perfect crescent shape. Her back cracked under the pressure, letting her nestle in this position comfortably. The Toa of fire sighed longingly, suddenly overwhelmed with the feeling of nostalgia. She missed being stronger; without the Pakari. She missed going on adventures. The thrill of finally cracking a case before cracking skulls. It was who she was. Not some drunkard cooped up in a room with her boyfriend who payed for all the bills. Not that Dorian Shaddix wasn't amazing.And wow, was Shaddix amazing.Opening her eyes she relaxed her position, coming to a place where she was able to push herself up and stand up straight again. Rolling her shoulders back she reached her full height. Tuara might not have gotten back yet - she cracked her neck - but she would be back soon. Tuara Drigton was sure of it. She could feel it in her bones and in her burning muscles. It was in her curled fists, the way her posture had begun to correct itself, and the way she strode across the living room as the sun rose in the window. Dorian was still upstairs, Tuara had gotten up at the crack of dawn to at least try working out. She had done some pushups before moving onto her sit ups that she sort of flopped. Not that the pushups were anywhere near as good as they used to be. But now it was time to start looking at things the way she really was. It was time to stop being somebody else and time to start being Tuara Drigton again.As if the world had enough room anyways.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: I was going to make it end, but if you insist.

IC:

"ARRGH" screamed Razor. His ears were ringing terribly, and his concentration was off. Infector was battling a Toa of Iron who slashed his tube. "Well now, I guess this our que." Infector rose up to the air and quickly flew towards Razor, grabbing him and flying away in the direction of Po-Wahi. Sure Infector's ears were ringing, but he's a mad scientist. He can handle hearing lose, I think.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC (Oreius) (Inu)

And the cavalry's here.

The Guard had arrived, and so Oreius and Inu had no need to guard their prisoner anymore. They dropped Jet Fire unceremoniously to the ground, and readied themselves to attack again.

But the criminals were smarter than they appeared. At the appearance of reinforcements, one Toa grabbed the other and activated his Miru; they began to swiftly ascend, propelled by Infector's powers over air.

Cowards!

The roar of bestial fury rang through their head, but came out as only a low snarl as the Toa of Fire began to run, their anger propelling them to even greater speed than usual. They kept their eyes on the floating Toa, who had already drifted out of reach of the ground.

They had lost the high ground; they had to attain it again.

Pushing off the black ground, Oreius and Inu leapt into the air. An arm reached out and caught the edge of a window sill; they swung, muscles straining, up the side of the building. A claw flashed out; they snagged a pipe and pulled themselves up to another ledge. Bracing their feet against the protrusion, they leapt up again, caught hold of the top of the building, and pulled themselves up to the rooftop.

They began to run again, the entire Parakuka-fueled climb having taken only a few seconds. They were parallel with the criminals now; Infector's Miru could only lift two beings so quickly, even aided by the wind. The duo drifted along the street, rising higher with every passing moment, and Oreius and Inu ran beside them, feet flying.

Then: a final, gravity-defying leap.

The Toa Maru jumped off the top of the building, their forward momentum keeping them apace with Infector and Razor even as they closed the gap. Closer, closer... the Toa of Fire began to fall. They threw out their arm in desperation, and, with inches to spare, connected.

Their hand closed around Razor's foot; razor-sharp talons dug into his flesh, anchoring themselves to bone. Straining with all their might, Oreius and Inu pulled their other arm up and gripped the Toa of Earth's other shin, their claws sinking into their prey.

That was what these scum were: prey. Should either of the Toa look in the Toa Maru's eyes, they would see a predator staring back at them.

Edited by Half a Cup of EW

IC: Khervos (Khervos' Detective Agency)

Beneath the brightest thunder

Stand the towers of the day

"Wait a second..."

The infamous riddle from Mangaia was currently bouncing around in my head. Like some sort of mental Brakas Monkey that wouldn't leave me any piece of mind.

I had needed something to take my mind off of girls (specifically, Tuli) for a while, and had decided to spare a moment of my time to look at the Island's ultimate riddle. Not that I was expecting to figure any of it out.

But now... it seemed like I actually had a clue.

I pulled up the map of Mata Nui, and ringed out the location with a charcoal marker...

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Zeal / Ta-Koro - Lavapool InnThe corners of his lips twitched upwards. 'Thanks. Anyway, It was... blimey, must've been two months ago now. I... sorry. I was in Le-Wahi, not sure where, somewhere in the jungle. I found this.' He produced a small silver sphere from his robe, holding it up for Dekuna to see. 'I have no idea what it is, but when I picked it up, I felt this god-awful pain, all through my body, like a thousand red-hot needles. When I woke up, it was night. Kind of hazy on what happened next. Something about a forest fire.'

'Anyway, I got back to the village. My Kanohi had stopped working, completely kaput, hence the new mask. Mask-maker gave me a very nice deal.' He half-heartedly chuckled. 'Of course I chose the Kakama. I needed to be back in my element.' He observed the sphere again. 'I reckon, there's a way to open this. That's where you come in. We find Toa of different elements, and we hit the sphere with all we have.' As he said this, the sphere began to glow red-hot, then white-hot. Upon cooling, it was completely the same, no signs of damage, not even singeing.'Dekuna, you've experimented with different frequencies of sound before, yes?'

IC (Dekuna): Dekiuna wasn't sure what he made of that story, so he tucked it away into the back of his mind to think on more at a later date. Maybe there was some little detail hidden in there that wouls help him to understand what had happened.

"I have" he affirmed. "What would you like me to try?"

ppg2.png

IC: Zeal / Ta-Koro - Lavapool Inn'Could you?' He placed the sphere in his friend's palm very gingerly. 'Be careful with it. There's a good reason I call it the Mataraka.' Before Dekuna could get to work on it, Zeal suddenly snatched it back. 'We should probably take this somewhere less populated. Don't want to deafen the villagers.'

Edited by Zeal

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

OOC:

...Flaredrick? Eyru already responded, so I'm not going to have you edit, but there's no way he would have had the concentration to use his mask. Have you ever seen a war movie, where they throw a flashbang into room? Everyone is disoriented, and incapable of real movement. A sonic boom to the ears would be ten times worse. Plus, you completely ignored Silvan's attack, and promptly began an unreasonable escape. When you're fighting foes at Kakama levels, you don't get to just start to fly. Especially when one is right behind you.

IC:

Infector and Razor's ears were suddenly lit up with a second attack, just as powerful as the first, if not more so. Chances are, they wouldn't have the concentration to maintain the usage of their masks. Oreius himself would be unharmed, as the sound was actively being kept from him, but the two fleeing criminals would suffer extensively.

A short distance in front of them, bars of metal began to shoot from the ground, reaching up to grab and ensnare the fleeing Toa.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Dekuna): "I'm not sure" he shrugged as they tramped up the stairs, dropping his voice so that only the Matoran could hear. "I suppose that when In got to know him, Zeal, or Zealokan, as he was back then, was a lot less grim - he hadn't lost so much. That, and once the guy had saved my life a few times and vice versa, I grew to tolerate his quirks".

ppg2.png

IC: "You might have to end up closing shop if something came around from our new 'Akiri'," Nei noted, "We're still part of the Ta-Koro guard, and Jaller might have a task for us to do at some point."

IC: Feran"Well, more of he has a task for Flay, who relays it to us. I thought she's our superior? Also, where is she anyway?" Feran said.OOC: Hint hint hint.

IC: Baranx

"I'm just as confused on that one as you are. I don't think I've seen her all day"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Sister / Ta-Koro - Lavapool Inn'I knew him for a short while before he lost his element. He was kind. Downright immature, of course, but kind none-the-less. After he became a Toa of Fire, he just immediately decided to start looking for his lady-friend. Maybe he was afraid of losing her now that he'd already lost so much.'She's right, Zeal. You just have to keep looking.'But yeah, I preferred the old him. The one that didn't dangle me over a lava river at the slightest provocation.' She sighed. 'Don't confront him about that. Because who's going to cop the blame?'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: 'That would be because she's also working as Mr. Shaddix's handler,' came a voice behind Baranx. Flay strode towards the team, this time without her trademark weapons sheathed. 'You guys know that I was assigned that position. I'm lucky to be able to take breaks as it is, with all the cases rushing in now that each of the villages are practically trying really hard to keep that oh-so-bright smile on their faces.'

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC:

"Uhh... I didn't know that," Nei said, looking at Flay with wide eyes. What Flay said had alarmed her. Who in their right mind would assign a Matoran, especially just one Matoran to watch over one of the most singularly dangerous beings on the island? Possible in the entire world?

"I thought you were just sleeping all the time or something."

IC:

The Toa's weapon fell from his hands, and screamed. Infector was losing his concentration after this hit. They started to fall, but then he tried to re-gain his mind back. Either way, they would go into a pit of bars below them. Infector was now doing crazy moves in the air, such as a front leg roll. In which Razor was still latched on his leg, but was trying to shake him off.

In that instant, Razor hit the ground hard, and Infector flew up, but into the bar of the cage. Razor looked behind him and screamed, 'WOULD YOU GET OFF MY LEG! I Can't believe you guys use minsters to do your dirty work." "Hush now Razor!"

​But unannounced to them all, a watchful eye looked down upon them. The figure then left the Koro in search of the rest.

​OOC: This is a small NPC that will turn PC, since reoccurring NPC's are not allowed. Anything needed to discuss will be sent to me via PM. Thank You.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC (Dekuna): Dekuna struggled to keep from spraying the last of his drink across the hallway and letting out an ingidnant "He what?!". Instead. he swallowed his surprise and careully replied "Thankyou for telling me that. I won't let you come to harm because of it".

A small part of himself did another mental spit-take on hearing those words come out of his mouth. Six months ago, he would never have said anything like that in a similar situation.

They reached Room 7, and Zeal unlocked the door and went inside, followed closely by the other two.

ppg2.png

IC (Dekuna): "No need" the toa of sonics replied. "I'll put a silence field around the thing and then work within that. Just to be clear though, what makes you think I'll be able to break it any more easily than you could? It seemed to take the heat without any problems just now."

ppg2.png

IC (Dekuna): As he had said he would, Dekuna first set up a silencing barrier around the mataraka, enclosing it within a quarter-bio sphere which no sound could enter or leave. Then, he projected noise into the field, focussing it in on the mataraka. Slowly, he cycled through different tones, feeling out the effect each frequency had on the object. He quickly discovered that the sphere was hollow - his patterns of waves weren't consistent with them moving through a solid object. What was inside, though, was much more dofficult to ascertain.

ppg2.png

IC:

5:45 AM.

If there's one thing I've learned in my young life - there's more than one thing, but roll with it, it's just an expression, jeez - it's how to turn into a spectre when you want to escape from a bedroom. The catch is, used to be I had to make sure not to walk near a police station while I was trying to find a decent breakfast joint where the cook was a lowkey warlock who could cure all stages and blends of hangover.

I don't have that problem anymore.

Bare from the waist up, clad in oxblood leather from everything south of there, and wet towel slung around my neck, I slinked out into the locker room and popped open my locker, sliding on a black shirt and quick scarf from the locker. Now fully worked out, fully showered, and fully dressed, I walked calmly out of the locker room, past the exercise room that I had spent thirty eight of the last forty five minutes in, and into the halls of the Guard HQ itself, looking for my handler - and my weekend's pay.

Now, before we go any further, I'd like to say a few words about Flay, and why I specifically requested that she be the main Guard that I stay in contact with: now that Tuara is gone, she is the only one that doesn't hate me. This is very important, so I'll repeat it. With Tuara out of the Guard, I didn't exactly have a lot of friends left to go to bat for me as a consultant. So I made a decision, and it turned out to be a good one? Could Flay be annoying? Doi. Duh. Of course. Could she be humorous, with the way she flaunted her Munchkin physique at me every time she bought me lunch in the Guard cafeteria and went over case files and instructions with me? Insert even more resounding duh here. Plus she liked me, so the goods outweighed the bads. Still too small for me, but still useful.

Now, if she were a Toa...

Nonono. Bad Dor. Heel, killer.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Lux was in a world filled with raucous shouting matches, blistering heat, and the scent of stale sweat and smoke clinging to every piece of furniture it could find. And, just for the record, he was pretty sure that he had heard Karzahni being described the exact same way -- minus the furniture, however. Unless, of course, Karz did have need of stuff like tables and chairs and beds. That seemed unlikely, though. Torture racks, sure, but not tables. Wait, do instruments of pain and torment even count as furniture?

well that was odd

The Po-Matoran shook his head vigorously, hurling splinters of his deranged musings to the furthest corners of his mind, before drowning the remainders in another shot of spiked bula berry juice. As the medley of liquids burned its way down his throat, Lux focused all of his concentration away from his taste buds, and into pulling up his most recent memories, trying to recall what insane reason he had agreed to drink this stuff.

Oh, right. The pretty bartender who had replaced Dorian once his shift had ended. The one who had suggested adding something new to his boring, humdrum, blacksmithing life. The one he had mentally scoffed at with the phrase, Like I need any more strange surprises. The one who had had a very adorable smile, and was well-aware of that particular attribute.

Which is how Lux ended up in the position he was in -- stuck nursing a horrid drink of liquid fire at the behest of a bartender who had completely forgotten about him roughly five seconds after sliding the Lavapool Inn-logo-emblazoned-glass across the counter. Cursing the soft, malleable substance which had taken up the spot where his backbone should've rightfully been, he took another sip, letting his thoughts wander back into the depths of his memories.

Or rather, lack thereof.

-Void

Edited by Dreadheart

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Volin

Huh, so she was at Kini. Interesting.

"I'd think those people would've bought you a drink in the past three months." I chuckled, glancing down at the liquid fire sitting in her glass. "So what's your deal now? Any plans for the future or do you intend of laying low for a while longer?"

IC:

Another sip.

"You would think. But apparently that's not the case..."

And another.

"... As for plans, I don't have any. Well, outside of making sure I'm still around by the end of the day."

And then again. At this point, it wasn't that I was drinking from the glass because it tasted good, or that I just wanted something to drink, it was an addiction. My face was probably red under my mask, and my eyes were most certainly unfocused, but that wasn't important. I just wanted more to drink.

Which led me to raising the glass again, for another, more heavier sip.

And then another.

IC: Zeal, Sister / Ta-Koro - Lavapool InnHe turned to his Le-Matoran companion, who flinched away from him instinctively.'Look, I'm sorry for what I did outside the village,' he said in a harsh, yet apologetic tone. 'I shouldn't have lost my temper, it's just.... no. They're not to be spoken of so casually.''I get that now, and I'm sorry. But don't you think you overreacted, even for losing your temper?''Oh no, not at all,' he replied sarcastically.'Hey, not the time.''Is it ever a good time?''Zeal, there's a right time and a wrong time for being immature. Surely you would have learned that by now.'He sighed, mumbled something under his breath.'Dekuna, how's it going over there?'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Dekuna): "It's hollow" he replied over his shoulder, keeping up the slow application of sound to the device. "But I suspect you already knew that. If I'm going to break it, that's going to take a while. It's a complicated process, if it's possible at all."

ppg2.png

IC: Zeal / Ta-Koro - Lavapool Inn'Keep at it, you're making good progress.' He mostly said that as reassurance for himself, knowing that he was making no progress at all. He'd tried a lot already. If superheating the Mataraka didn't leave a mark, he didn't see any reason sonic frequencies would. Still, worth a shot.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Dekuna): Dekuna kept working away at the Mataraka for half an hour before he finally let the sound lapse and sat down heavily on the bed. "It's no good" he concluded. "I was able to get a pretty good idea of what it looked like on the inside, and got close to a sound that should have caused resonance failure, but each time I apporached it, the thing changed somehow to resist the pressure. It's going to take more than that to break this mataraka".

Having conceded defeat, he tried to put at least a little silver lining on it. "On the other hand, you have yourself an indestructable metal sphere. That might come in handy sometime, or make you richer than all the engineers in Onu-koro if you can figure out how to make more."

ppg2.png

IC: Khervos (Ta-Koro)

The decision was clear, a riddle was to be solved, and a mystery unveiled, whoever mystifying it may seem, I was sure I could unravel it given enough time.

I needed some equipment, however, of the kind that you couldn't just find lying around. I needed to make some purchases. I needed to go to the technology capital of the world.

Passing the guards proved fairly routine, as usual, and soon I found myself once again descending into the depths of Mount Ihu, swallowed by the darkness.

OOC: Khervos to Onu-Wahi

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Cut to a minute after his little mental tirade about backbones, bad drinks and bartenders, and Lux still sat at the counter of the Lavapool Inn. He had begun to try and focus on the various conversations going on around him, and found himself suddenly surrounded with chatty Lesterins, odd-ball treasure hunters and more pseudo-couples than the Po-Matoran cared to think about -- partly to keep himself up-to-date with the goings-on of the island, as well as to distract himself from the contents of the half-empty glass in his hand.

"I want another drink."

One voice rang out from the din, mildly piquing Lux's curiosity and giving him hope that there was someone in this place who'd take the spiked bula juice off of his hands for him. Casually, the Po-Matoran leaned back and gave the room a once-over in the same way that a shopper might've perused a store.

"I had an imaginary friend once," the voice said again brightly, drawing Lux's attention to the table of aforementioned quartet of treasure hunters -- one grey and orange Kadin-wearing Toa (probably Fe, going by the colouring); the famous hero, Grochi; a red-black archer of a Toa (the same one who Grochi had carried in); as well as a very good looking swordswoman. Could've sworn he'd seen her picture somewhere, before, though...

"His name was ... I dunno, Aleman? Hanky?"

Alright, it was definitively the Fe-Toa talking now, so Lux -- despite the fact that the speaker's sanity was seeming to be increasingly questionable -- decided that he was worth a chat. Well, really, all four of them were worth saying "hello" to, but since the Kadin-wearer was the only one currently speaking, he seemed like the best person to start conversing with.

Taking the remains of his drink in hand, the Po-Matoran got up and walked over to where the treasures currently sat, tentatively prodding the Toa of iron(?)'s shoulder. "Excuse me, sir, but I thought that I heard you mention that you wanted another drink?"

OOC: That's Stronin that he's talking to, by the way.

-Void

Edited by Dreadheart

[ BZPRPG ]